Why do you think Archer is GAR?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Why do you think Archer is GAR?

Unread postby CrimsonMoonMist » February 5th, 2009, 2:30 pm

Because i fail to see it.
Spread the news, Ryougi Shiki for
Melty-Blood: Actress Again
User avatar
CrimsonMoonMist
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 56
Joined: November 3rd, 2008, 9:58 am

Unread postby Message » February 5th, 2009, 2:34 pm

I sort of agree with you - Archer isn't as gar as people make him out to be. But if you remove his shortcomings/obsessions, he can act pretty darn cool if he wants to.

More interesting to look at Lancer. Now that guy is gar.
User avatar
Message
Master of Bad Puns
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands

Unread postby inferno_flamex » February 5th, 2009, 3:16 pm

I think his hair is gar...

XDDDDD


...

Anywho.. I watch FSN the anime first before playing the translated game...

So i guess.. To me.. Archer is gar because of that 'incident' from that made him well known in the anime...

I admit Lancer too is gar once you get to see him in UBW... But like i said.. Sadly.. I knew Archer first through the anime...
Might have thought about him (Lancer) differently if i'd seen his Gar moments before episode 13/14...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
User avatar
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 832
Joined: March 13th, 2008, 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere that's raining Bishoujos

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 5th, 2009, 3:30 pm

I think it was due to the whole Berserker vs. Archer scene from the anime that made him GAR. Not only that but some people say that Lancer is GAR as well, but his blue outfit negates that fact.

In any case for some reason it was because of Archer that we had the GAR meme if I remeber my *chan history correctly.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
User avatar
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1833
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 8:08 pm
Location: Inside the Depletion Garden

Unread postby that one guy » February 5th, 2009, 6:04 pm

Lancer >>> Archer. Even without his awesomeness in UBW he's >>> Archer.
User avatar
that one guy
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 481
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 11:11 pm
Location: How should I know?

Unread postby Atriel » February 5th, 2009, 6:09 pm

Message wrote:More interesting to look at Lancer. Now that guy is gar.


This.
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: October 21st, 2007, 3:49 am

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 5th, 2009, 7:30 pm

I love Archer, he's my favorite.

Lancer is in second, for sure. He's Irish, and I'm Irish...and he's a ladies man...and I'm a ladies man, and we both have a taste for violence. So whewt to that.
User avatar
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 686
Joined: May 20th, 2007, 7:56 pm

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 5th, 2009, 7:39 pm

Mkilbride wrote:I love Archer, he's my favorite.

Lancer is in second, for sure. He's Irish, and I'm Irish...and he's a ladies man...and I'm a ladies man, and we both have a taste for violence. So whewt to that.


I have to second that about the Irish part of course. That and he is actually a ladies man. I mean he actualy decided to hit on Rin even though she was still in the Grail War.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
User avatar
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1833
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 8:08 pm
Location: Inside the Depletion Garden

Unread postby Unkind » February 5th, 2009, 7:48 pm

Lancer is a fucking badass man, i've always considered him cooler than archer. Because he's beyond all emotional issues and internal struggles (unlike archer). His resolve can't be changed by mere events. He's always true to his beliefs, he's like the perfect heroic spirit. Lancer also plays his alignment PERFECTLY (lawful neutral). He's basically amazing.
Unkind
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 40
Joined: November 6th, 2008, 9:55 pm

Unread postby Rikh » February 6th, 2009, 12:27 am

Archer is GAR, He took on servants he had no chance against and proved to be formidable. An arrow he shot
Killed saber
during a fight against Berserker in a bad end.
He also does not truly fight in a real underhanded style, and shows bravery in hopeless situations. He even abandons his whole meaning of returning to the grail war in HF to protect the town.

here are some GAR facts about him

    * Killed Berserker like 6 times himself
    * Was the only one in the game to ever show the ability to Block Gae Bolg (saber just barely survived it luckily)
    * Created a reality marble without mana support of a master and fended off the strongest servant in her strongest condition
    * Fought his younger self in a clash of ideals, only to allow himself to be stabbed due to a realization of epicness
    * After being stabbed through the chest, he jumps in the way of a rain of swords from Gilgamesh
    * After surviving a rain of swords, he again jumps into another rain of swords form Gilgamesh....
    * He lives another day to finish the war with an epic smile on his face, and refuses to be given pity
    * He IS the bone of his sword
    * He drinks TEA
    * He can clean a destroyed mansion room in the matter of an hour
    * His arm alone can kill Berserker with tracing one weapon
    * He chooses a weak noble phantasm for combat simply because he thinks it looks cool
    * He uses his tracing ability to make a new NP attack (Kansho+Byakua Overedge)
    * His arm alone can create a tool capable of creating rifts to access parallel universes
    * He can die with a smile on his face with a badass attitude
    * He is worthy to be selected by the world to be a Counter Guardian which protects its destruction (although he doesn't want it, he takes it)
    * He can make Rin blush
    * His Arm can reinforce its users body with swords that boost defense and skewer you from the inside
    * He has his own epic BGM thats widely renowned as epic
    * He lived through a town explosion and lived a life under a cursed ideal without complaint
    * He lives through cutting off his own arm without any antibiotics and maintaining a spiritual body for several hours easily while waiting for his younger self to undergo GARm treatment
    * He drinks tea
    * He had his own anime filler that wasn't in the game just because he was so eipc he needed it
    * He is a sarcastic badass
    * Badass?
    * TEA


well thats why i see archer as GAR....

Lancers just irish who can fight well and look cool in front of a girl... honestly he fails at being lucky with any girls, while GARcher's 17 year old self has a loli-lover, a hot purple haired girl who loves sex, female Arthur, and tsundere magus following him around, which i think is kinda nice...
User avatar
Rikh
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 649
Joined: July 19th, 2008, 6:07 pm
Location: Unlimited Taiga Works

Unread postby Raven » February 6th, 2009, 12:47 am

Eh, I don't think Archer is Gah either. He's actually a typical archetype if you ask me, the senile type that ultimately turns emo kind of thing, I actually prefer Shirou if you ask me.

- Shirou: yes, he's emo but he basically tells that to your face.
- Archer: he's emo but due to falling under the "supposed to act cool but fail and turn out gay" type character.
User avatar
Raven
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 427
Joined: June 16th, 2007, 12:29 am

Unread postby solopy567 » February 6th, 2009, 12:48 am

Rikh wrote:Archer is GAR, He took on servants he had no chance against and proved to be formidable. An arrow he shot
Killed saber
during a fight against Berserker in a bad end.
He also does not truly fight in a real underhanded style, and shows bravery in hopeless situations. He even abandons his whole meaning of returning to the grail war in HF to protect the town.

here are some GAR facts about him

    * Killed Berserker like 6 times himself
    * Was the only one in the game to ever show the ability to Block Gae Bolg (saber just barely survived it luckily)
    * Created a reality marble without mana support of a master and fended off the strongest servant in her strongest condition
    * Fought his younger self in a clash of ideals, only to allow himself to be stabbed due to a realization of epicness
    * After being stabbed through the chest, he jumps in the way of a rain of swords from Gilgamesh
    * After surviving a rain of swords, he again jumps into another rain of swords form Gilgamesh....
    * He lives another day to finish the war with an epic smile on his face, and refuses to be given pity
    * He IS the bone of his sword
    * He drinks TEA
    * He can clean a destroyed mansion room in the matter of an hour
    * His arm alone can kill Berserker with tracing one weapon
    * He chooses a weak noble phantasm for combat simply because he thinks it looks cool
    * He uses his tracing ability to make a new NP attack (Kansho+Byakua Overedge)
    * His arm alone can create a tool capable of creating rifts to access parallel universes
    * He can die with a smile on his face with a badass attitude
    * He is worthy to be selected by the world to be a Counter Guardian which protects its destruction (although he doesn't want it, he takes it)
    * He can make Rin blush
    * His Arm can reinforce its users body with swords that boost defense and skewer you from the inside
    * He has his own epic BGM thats widely renowned as epic
    * He lived through a town explosion and lived a life under a cursed ideal without complaint
    * He lives through cutting off his own arm without any antibiotics and maintaining a spiritual body for several hours easily while waiting for his younger self to undergo GARm treatment
    * He drinks tea
    * He had his own anime filler that wasn't in the game just because he was so eipc he needed it
    * He is a sarcastic badass
    * Badass?
    * TEA

well thats why i see archer as GAR....

Lancers just irish who can fight well and look cool in front of a girl... honestly he fails at being lucky with any girls, while GARcher's 17 year old self has a loli-lover, a hot purple haired girl who loves sex, female Arthur, and tsundere magus following him around, which i think is kinda nice...


^^^What he said :D
User avatar
solopy567
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 516
Joined: November 24th, 2008, 7:41 pm

Unread postby JLA » February 6th, 2009, 1:23 am

solopy567 wrote:
Rikh wrote:Archer is GAR, He took on servants he had no chance against and proved to be formidable. An arrow he shot
Killed saber
during a fight against Berserker in a bad end.
He also does not truly fight in a real underhanded style, and shows bravery in hopeless situations. He even abandons his whole meaning of returning to the grail war in HF to protect the town.

here are some GAR facts about him

    * Killed Berserker like 6 times himself
    * Was the only one in the game to ever show the ability to Block Gae Bolg (saber just barely survived it luckily)
    * Created a reality marble without mana support of a master and fended off the strongest servant in her strongest condition
    * Fought his younger self in a clash of ideals, only to allow himself to be stabbed due to a realization of epicness
    * After being stabbed through the chest, he jumps in the way of a rain of swords from Gilgamesh
    * After surviving a rain of swords, he again jumps into another rain of swords form Gilgamesh....
    * He lives another day to finish the war with an epic smile on his face, and refuses to be given pity
    * He IS the bone of his sword
    * He drinks TEA
    * He can clean a destroyed mansion room in the matter of an hour
    * His arm alone can kill Berserker with tracing one weapon
    * He chooses a weak noble phantasm for combat simply because he thinks it looks cool
    * He uses his tracing ability to make a new NP attack (Kansho+Byakua Overedge)
    * His arm alone can create a tool capable of creating rifts to access parallel universes
    * He can die with a smile on his face with a badass attitude
    * He is worthy to be selected by the world to be a Counter Guardian which protects its destruction (although he doesn't want it, he takes it)
    * He can make Rin blush
    * His Arm can reinforce its users body with swords that boost defense and skewer you from the inside
    * He has his own epic BGM thats widely renowned as epic
    * He lived through a town explosion and lived a life under a cursed ideal without complaint
    * He lives through cutting off his own arm without any antibiotics and maintaining a spiritual body for several hours easily while waiting for his younger self to undergo GARm treatment
    * He drinks tea
    * He had his own anime filler that wasn't in the game just because he was so eipc he needed it
    * He is a sarcastic badass
    * Badass?
    * TEA

well thats why i see archer as GAR....

Lancers just irish who can fight well and look cool in front of a girl... honestly he fails at being lucky with any girls, while GARcher's 17 year old self has a loli-lover, a hot purple haired girl who loves sex, female Arthur, and tsundere magus following him around, which i think is kinda nice...


^^^What he said :D


Thirded!
I too drink TEA! :D
User avatar
JLA
Addict
 
Posts: 60
Joined: November 3rd, 2008, 2:06 am
Location: Phoenix AZ

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 6th, 2009, 1:46 am

JLA wrote:
solopy567 wrote:
Rikh wrote:Archer is GAR, He took on servants he had no chance against and proved to be formidable. An arrow he shot
Killed saber
during a fight against Berserker in a bad end.
He also does not truly fight in a real underhanded style, and shows bravery in hopeless situations. He even abandons his whole meaning of returning to the grail war in HF to protect the town.

here are some GAR facts about him

    * Killed Berserker like 6 times himself
    * Was the only one in the game to ever show the ability to Block Gae Bolg (saber just barely survived it luckily)
    * Created a reality marble without mana support of a master and fended off the strongest servant in her strongest condition
    * Fought his younger self in a clash of ideals, only to allow himself to be stabbed due to a realization of epicness
    * After being stabbed through the chest, he jumps in the way of a rain of swords from Gilgamesh
    * After surviving a rain of swords, he again jumps into another rain of swords form Gilgamesh....
    * He lives another day to finish the war with an epic smile on his face, and refuses to be given pity
    * He IS the bone of his sword
    * He drinks TEA
    * He can clean a destroyed mansion room in the matter of an hour
    * His arm alone can kill Berserker with tracing one weapon
    * He chooses a weak noble phantasm for combat simply because he thinks it looks cool
    * He uses his tracing ability to make a new NP attack (Kansho+Byakua Overedge)
    * His arm alone can create a tool capable of creating rifts to access parallel universes
    * He can die with a smile on his face with a badass attitude
    * He is worthy to be selected by the world to be a Counter Guardian which protects its destruction (although he doesn't want it, he takes it)
    * He can make Rin blush
    * His Arm can reinforce its users body with swords that boost defense and skewer you from the inside
    * He has his own epic BGM thats widely renowned as epic
    * He lived through a town explosion and lived a life under a cursed ideal without complaint
    * He lives through cutting off his own arm without any antibiotics and maintaining a spiritual body for several hours easily while waiting for his younger self to undergo GARm treatment
    * He drinks tea
    * He had his own anime filler that wasn't in the game just because he was so eipc he needed it
    * He is a sarcastic badass
    * Badass?
    * TEA

well thats why i see archer as GAR....

Lancers just irish who can fight well and look cool in front of a girl... honestly he fails at being lucky with any girls, while GARcher's 17 year old self has a loli-lover, a hot purple haired girl who loves sex, female Arthur, and tsundere magus following him around, which i think is kinda nice...


^^^What he said :D


Thirded!
I too drink TEA! :D

Forutheded & seconded for the drinking tea part. :D
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
User avatar
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1833
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 8:08 pm
Location: Inside the Depletion Garden

Unread postby Kikuchi » February 6th, 2009, 1:58 am

My friend, an image worth more than a thousand words. 8)

Image
When will I get my 1337th post?
Kikuchi
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 253
Joined: January 7th, 2009, 2:34 pm

Unread postby JLA » February 6th, 2009, 2:06 am

I am drinking English Breakfast tea with sugar and milk right now and posing like Archer on the couch just to feel even more GAR. :lol:

Much like Shirou, Archer is just cool as heck when he faces off against impossible odds. It makes me want to be a better person and do my best when I think of that kind of perseverance.

EDIT: So awesome I just made it my avatar ~!
User avatar
JLA
Addict
 
Posts: 60
Joined: November 3rd, 2008, 2:06 am
Location: Phoenix AZ

Unread postby that one guy » February 6th, 2009, 2:20 am

Rikh wrote:
    * Was the only one in the game to ever show the ability to Block Gae Bolg (saber just barely survived it luckily)
    * Created a reality marble without mana support of a master and fended off the strongest servant in her strongest condition
    * After surviving a rain of swords, he again jumps into another rain of swords form Gilgamesh....
    * He chooses a weak noble phantasm for combat simply because he thinks it looks cool
    * His arm alone can create a tool capable of creating rifts to access parallel universes
    * He is worthy to be selected by the world to be a Counter Guardian which protects its destruction (although he doesn't want it, he takes it)
    * He can make Rin blush
    * His Arm can reinforce its users body with swords that boost defense and skewer you from the inside
    * He has his own epic BGM thats widely renowned as epic
    * He lived through a town explosion and lived a life under a cursed ideal without complaint
    * He lives through cutting off his own arm without any antibiotics and maintaining a spiritual body for several hours easily while waiting for his younger self to undergo GARm treatment
    * He had his own anime filler that wasn't in the game just because he was so eipc he needed it


Because I can, I'm going to dissect all the points I left in. The others I wont argue with.
    * Was the only one to be attacked by that version of Gae Bolg too.
    * He didn't stand a chance against Saber, and everyone knew it. He has an excuse, but point is null.
    * When was this? He only gets skewered once, in the UBW route.
    * K+B? Pretty sure that's because he mastered the technique that was so good it could easily kill Black Saber.
    * His arm + Rins knowledge + Ilyas past...seeing...thing, + the materials can create a jem sword. Without someone to activate it, its useless.
    * Can't anyone, so long as they ask the world? Or am I just totally wrong?
    * So can Lancer. And probably anyone else.
    * That was Shirous', as it applied to him first.
    * But he did complain. Kiritsugu wouldn't complain.
    * What's he gonna do, bleed to death? He just had to wait for his prana supply to run out.


Yeah, feel free to just dismiss this as someone whos really bored arguing for the sake of.
User avatar
that one guy
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 481
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 11:11 pm
Location: How should I know?

Unread postby Kikuchi » February 6th, 2009, 2:27 am

that one guy wrote:When was this? He only gets skewered once, in the UBW route.
Twice. Once when he first pushed Shirou aside as Gil barged in and do sword spam. One more when he pushed Shirou (again) away from the second sword spam (they already noticed Gil, but it was too late). The second sword spam caused the hall to wreck and bury Archer in a pile of concrete.

K+B? Pretty sure that's because he mastered the technique that was so good it could easily kill Black Saber.
And how did he master the twin swords if it weren't for his choice? He could have chosen stronger swords and master them instead of K&B if he wants to. He was dedicated to K&B because the creation of the sword is beautiful (what he thinks), and therefore uses them to his maximum extent.


That was Shirous', as it applied to him first.
No, rather, it's dedicated to heroic Emiya. Not Heroic Spirit Emiya, but heroic Emiya (as in Emiya when performing something heroic and badass).
When will I get my 1337th post?
Kikuchi
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 253
Joined: January 7th, 2009, 2:34 pm

Unread postby that one guy » February 6th, 2009, 4:19 am

Kikuchi wrote:
that one guy wrote:When was this? He only gets skewered once, in the UBW route.
Twice. Once when he first pushed Shirou aside as Gil barged in and do sword spam. One more when he pushed Shirou (again) away from the second sword spam (they already noticed Gil, but it was too late). The second sword spam caused the hall to wreck and bury Archer in a pile of concrete.

K+B? Pretty sure that's because he mastered the technique that was so good it could easily kill Black Saber.
And how did he master the twin swords if it weren't for his choice? He could have chosen stronger swords and master them instead of K&B if he wants to. He was dedicated to K&B because the creation of the sword is beautiful (what he thinks), and therefore uses them to his maximum extent.


That was Shirous', as it applied to him first.
No, rather, it's dedicated to heroic Emiya. Not Heroic Spirit Emiya, but heroic Emiya (as in Emiya when performing something heroic and badass).


1) Ah, you're right. It's been a while, but that does sound correct.

2) He probably mastered Kansho and Bakuya when he was still alive, which also means he probably couldn't make anything too complicated at the time, and even when he could why waste your rather limited supply of prana making, for example, Excalibur, when K+B works just fine?

3) First come first serve. :D
User avatar
that one guy
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 481
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 11:11 pm
Location: How should I know?

Unread postby Darkbalmunk » February 6th, 2009, 5:39 am

Doesnt he know what is going to happen so he can praticly predict everything thats going to happen. to me he seemed to know what everyone was going to do exception being him since shirou keeps surprising archer every passing moment.
Darkbalmunk
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 57
Joined: January 29th, 2008, 3:34 pm

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests