Weird Music... What IS this?!

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Weird Music... What IS this?!

Unread postby Mouvar » February 5th, 2009, 9:14 am

So, here I was playing Fate/Stay Night randomly tonight in yet another of my as-of-yet six playthroughs of the simple Fate Route... I hit Day 8, the scene called 'Bare-Knuckle Rin,' and... some really, REALLY strange music started playing.

I can't even begin to describe it other than that it doesn't sound finished, sounds very un-Fate/Stay Night-like for the most part, and I don't recognize it whatsoever. It's not in the music menu, and it's not in the ripped .ogg files (because I tested them to be sure.)

I don't know how to send people my save files or I'd have it, but here's at least the music. I recorded it using a Wave Out recording so it caught a few other weird noises, but it's all here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9O6COPXV

Where the heck is this coming from? I can't place this song... it seems to be a mishmash of others... but some of these chunks have nothing to do with the original OST... I have never modified any of my game files past the patch, so...

Just... what the hell is this! :(

*EDIT* One of my friends has recognized it as being from Tsukihime but I wouldn't know. haven't played it- yet.
Mouvar
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » February 5th, 2009, 9:28 am

Those ARE music from Tsukihime and Kagetsu Tohya, they're in the sound effects and not in the bgms.

apparently, they're supposed to be the background music for the TV's News program or just for the TV itself (the shifting music indicates changing channels...or something like that)

Nothing weird there, really.
Last edited by nanaya_shinya on February 5th, 2009, 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Wow...

Unread postby Mouvar » February 5th, 2009, 9:33 am

Holy... that is really bizarre. I considered myself well-versed in the ins and outs of this game, its sounds, its animations, its events... I swear, up 'til now, I've never heard this, or if I did I never heard it long enough to last. For this scene there is no TV News or anything, which is probably why it stood out so much.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm still a little confused about why I didn't spot this earlier on my many playthroughts, and it feels like it came out of nowhere... maybe I'm wrong... *scrubs his head.* Eerie.

Anyways, thanks again.
Mouvar
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby sabata2 » February 5th, 2009, 4:22 pm

I noticed it on my first play through.

Then again I had played Tsukihime first, and was already familiar with the music.

It made me smile that they'd throw in a little easter egg like that.
sabata2
Addict

Unread postby CrimsonMoonMist » February 5th, 2009, 10:53 pm

sabata2 wrote:I noticed it on my first play through.

Then again I had played Tsukihime first, and was already familiar with the music.

It made me smile that they'd throw in a little easter egg like that.

i hated it. it made me lose concentration each time it played the tsukihime main-theme.
Spread the news, Ryougi Shiki for
Melty-Blood: Actress Again
CrimsonMoonMist
Might just like this board

Return to Fate/stay night Chat