Keeping system data and save files

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Keeping system data and save files

Unread postby antidestruct » February 5th, 2009, 4:44 am

Forgive me for my n00bish behavior, but I was unaware that there was a voice patch for this game so I didn't do anything to install it when patching the game. I'm halfway through Unlimited Blade Works at this point though and I've gotten a good number of the Bad Endings for the sake of CGs and simply getting all the endings.

Still, I really want that voice patch. Is it possible to somehow carry over my old data into a new installation. Or can I back up my system data and saved files and paste them into a newly installed version of the game?

It's totally impossible to add the voice patch to an already installed version, right? I need to get some special DVD and have it in instead of the normal game during installation or something?

Any help/info is appreciated. I'd love to hear voices. Although I'm assuming the H scenes are the part of the game that is unvoiced since it said only 90something percent was voiced.
antidestruct
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby allanh » February 5th, 2009, 4:52 am

just re-install with the 3.2 patch file released by mirror moon. It shouldn't affect your saved files. I have done this a couple of times myself and my saved files were all preserved.
http://Miyazaki.com - my Hayao Miyazaki fan site
http://CityHunter.com- my City Hunter fan site
Saber-chan, come back to me~~~~~
allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kikuchi » February 5th, 2009, 5:02 am

^What he said. But if you are that paranoid, just copy the F/sn save folder (located in your Fate folder) and place it somewhere else as a backup in case something happens. If your save file really is corrupted after the re-installation, copy back the backup folder to replace the corrupted save files.
When will I get my 1337th post?
Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Return to Fate/stay night Chat