Thoughts on Heroines/Endings of FSN (spoilers)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unkind
Might just like this board

Unread post by Unkind » February 2nd, 2009, 5:17 pm

Great post HeartCard, you are a bit of a dick but that's a great way to explain sakura imo :).

that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by that one guy » February 2nd, 2009, 8:54 pm

HeartCard said what I could not form into words. Thank you sir.

nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread post by nobaka » February 2nd, 2009, 9:03 pm

HeartCard, if I could give you an internets for that post, I would.

Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Inverted » February 2nd, 2009, 9:41 pm

It is what the sequel Fate/Hollow Ataraxia takes after.
Actually Fate/Hollow Ataraxia is not after any route .It takes after what is more an amalgamation of 3 routes.

that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by that one guy » February 2nd, 2009, 10:00 pm

Though it can fairly easily be thought of as a HF continuation, if only because in Fate and UBW you know NOTHING, but in HF Shirou knows everything about the HGW.

allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread post by allanh » February 2nd, 2009, 10:10 pm

HeartCard wrote:I got two FUCK YOUS for everyone:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Allanh:
FATE Ending:
I highly recommend you read Realta Nua for that "Better Ending" you seem to be longing for.
Realta nua's Fate route has a "Good" end which tacts on after the regular ending if your Saber score is high enough.
In that Saber and Shirou meet up in Avalon after Shirou dies.

UBW Good Ending:
I'm going to assume you skipped over the scenes.
Go back and re-read the last scenes after saber uses Scaliburger on the grail.
If you were going to get the GOOD ending, there will be a scene that was not there before.
You might have just considered Auto-Skip not to be working properly, or that you accidentally clicked "No" to the skip,
and CTRL'd through it.

The scene explains Saber has reason to exist in this world. She might have saved a TINY bit of mana because of that,
instead of just using it all in scaliburger.

By the way, unfortunately there was no way Saber could be the heroine in this route. Or it would have canceled out the point.
In this route, shirou must use his own strength and face his own strength.
If saber was the main heroine, he would not have lost her generally and so his growth could not happen in this route.
It's like the Crane Wing Scene in Heaven's Feel. As much as you want Shirou to be THAT awesome, it is not what can be
allowed as the result. Because if Crane Wing is used, Shirou dies and all is for nothing. Same if Saber is with shirou, he cannot grow enough.

Personally I think a better heroine for the UBW route would have been Illya. But those are personal thoughts...

Heaven's Feel:
*Shrug* This has always been my personal favourite.
I'm pretty sure your view on Sakura is about as clear and accurate as my "Hate Rin('s fanboys)" topic.
I'll do this in pointers:
1. Sakura was chosen for this route because she had the most involvement with it. The heroines remaining were Sakura, Rider, and Illya.
While anyone would have gladly had an Illya Route, Sakura would have made for a more dramatic route generally.
Rider had too little involvement with the "Deep" side of Fate, so it left it to Sakura and Illya.
I do not recall why Sakura was chosen over Illya, but I imagine it was due to character.
Illya recieved fair enough depth just by being a side-character. Sakura on the other hand received...no reveal on herself really.
2. Sakura's route is supposed to be the largest "Change". It is the "Adult" route. Fate:Child. UBW:Teenager. HF:Adult.
It is supposed to be the most dramatic, dark, and to show the largest change in the character as he reachs the maximum of his growth.
Obviously a True "Tsundere"(Going by the ORIGINAL term definition) character was perhaps the best choice.
3. As for her traits:
Jeolousy - Saber is a Knight and a "Noble" Figure, one who also previously dismantled her emotions from herself. Jeolous would not have
befitted such a character well I think. Rin does not show jeolous either. But that's because of who Rin is. She doesn't show her feelings much
and gets anything she wants if she can. If she can't, she'll give up on it. More importantly, Sakura is the only heroine with a Rival.
Saber didn't have one. Rin didn't have one. Sakura has Rin for sure. Saber is understood as a servant before a rival. But.
Rin is a clear and concrete rival to Sakura in her mind, no in reality as well.
I bring up a scene from Heaven's Feel where Rin reveals seeing Shirou for the first time, in the same place and same way Sakura first saw him.
Jeolous, yes, but not without reason. She says it in her VS Rin fights(both times):
Everything comes easy to Rin, but Sakura has to work hard. So Hard.
2. Which brings up my next point. I'd like to point out that Sakura is the only heroine who actually GAINS Shirou's love.
Seriously, think about it.
Shirou liked Rin before the storyline. And no matter what route you are in, Shirou always holds Rin in high regard.
Saber just POOF appears and Shirou almost INSTANTLY falls in love with her.
Sakura grows around and because of him. He notices her body, that's it. She has to earn his love throughout the story.
Even then that love isn't very concrete until the rain scene.
3. "Low sense of Morality" - Excuse me, what? Are you calling her a whore? Are you stupid or something?Let's see, either:
A. You're saying that enjoying sex proves you have low morality. In which case you just need to be *Censored for the inner child* and then dragged out into the field and *Moar censorship*, and then picked up and *Censorship III: In 3D!!* until you're so *Censorship 4: This time its personal* you can't ever *use a censor tag* again.
B. You're calling her a whore from the start. Which clearly proves you were not reading very well. Sakura feels ashamed and loathes herself prior to each sex scene before Shirou coerces her that it's fine because he wants her.
C. You're refering to Moral like a Commander. Into:Pride. In which case, the hell did you expect from a character who was *insert rape+torture speech that has been said 3 times this time, and will probably be used another 5 before the topic is locked*.

4. "Weak" - I find it funny that you call her that. In terms of Magic, I believe it came up that "Rin would win if we Fought, but my magic is stronger." in-game.
Unless you're refering to willpower. In which case, the girl was raped and tortured physically, mentally, and emotionally for most of her life. Discarded by her parents(From her perspective I imagine). All that, and then she still maintains herself for days upon days while the grail iz Charging itz Lazer. There are some who would consider her willpower far beyond impressive.
Certainly FAR beyond Saber's willpower to live. Not that Saber really has one...

5. "Selfish" - I actually laughed when I read this.
Saber : Ah the glorified Knight in Shining Hair. But even Saber is Selfish in many extents. She often rejects Shirou's ideas from the start, demanding her own plans over them, well...Saber's examples of "Selfishness" are low, but there are still minor traces of it and such.
Rin : I'm laughing as I write this. You called Sakura Selfish. Did you ever even THINK about Rin in comparison? If you had, you wouldn't have stated Sakura's selfishness as a fault. Rin's Selfishness makes it so no one would laugh if they saw an official picture of her stealing Saber's Throne for herself. It would fit too well to laugh.
Rin is a very selfish, very demanding, and so on. She's not that self-centered, but she is very selfish. It must and will be her way. She wants something, she takes it.
Another quality Rin shows more than Sakura is her Demented side. Rin taughts, teases, and mentally tortures most characters at her on common whim.
Sakura is a girl who lost her family and had everything else conceivable taken from her. Her right as a maiden, her body as a human, so much. Selfish?
Sakura is perhaps only slightly more selfish than Saber. The only thing she wants is Shirou. The only thing she hopes for and asks for is shirou. That's it.
She's not a "All or Nothing" person, she's a "Just This". Infact, you could compare her desire for shirou to Saber's for "The Holy Grail".

Honestly though, Sakura was my favourite Heroine. I was denied Illya, but Sakura does suffice.
I would say if there is a wonderous feature, it is the fact that she is perhaps the most honest of the heroines.
She also creates the most beefed up version of Shirou.

Though, perhaps I am biased.
I might enjoy Heaven's Feel more than the other routes because it is the true end of Fate/Stay Night.
It is what the sequel Fate/Hollow Ataraxia takes after.
And it is a route that does NOT create a fail Shirou(Fate) or Emo Shirou(UBW...Seriously. He{either shirou} cut himself{either shirou}. And wanted to kill himself{Archer}. Emo!!! We love you garcher, but you're a sexy emo servant).

In truth, I find the fact that the "Deep" side of Fate/Stay Night was combined into a single Route as very nice. Also nice is that it brings a concrete ending to the story "THIS is what happened." as opposed to something like Tsukihime which has too many very different endings to choose only one as the concrete ending.

Ah, I've typed too much. Oh well.

Two last minor things:

The whole "Dating" sim thing...Yeah no.
There have been two "Dates" in the Fate/Stay Night, one in Fate and one in UBW.
They're just too out of place.
And it's too cliche fail hentai-game style.
"The worlds ending! To save it you must seduce THIS chick so much the world magically lets you win!" *Facepalm*
I swear to god, if fate turns into every other crackjob hentai novel...I'll learn how to *Faceheel*.

About Animation:
Actually there's quite a bit of animation in Heaven's Feel that isn't in other routes.
I think the scene I noticed this most was when Dark Sakura FIRST appears(including her hyper awesome outfit and hair).
From then on I notice it in smaller but still present detail.

There's FAR more animation than nessessary in Fate/Stay Night. I need to remind you, this is a
Visual Novel.
You're still reading. And you're still supposed to be using your imagination.

P.S. : I'm hoping for the best in your favour.
This forum helped me learn I did not hate Rin. I loathed her fanboys, but not her.
I still dislike Rin, but I don't hate her. Unless a fanboy goes off on a OMGSOMOE rant, I'm generally fine with Rin.
Besides, in such cases these days they're in a position I can kick them out of the channel/game etc.
Abuse makes life worthwhile.
Isn't it sad, Sakura?

Haha, Heardcard, sorry for dissing your Sakura. As I said before, my rant is from my own feelings. It comes down to personal preference. To me, Sakura may be likeable, but she is not a loveable person. We will just leave it at that. I don't hate her, but I would not have fallen in love with her had I been Shirou.

From what you have written, I suppose you are not someone who believes in "love at the first sight"? Well, I am. If I were Shirou, it is not inconceivable to like Saber after seeing her majestic sight in their first meeting. I never said Sakura is a whore (re-read my post), but she is manipulative and obviously only has her own interest at heart (instead of Shirou's) in most part of the story.

In regard to your comments re: Realta Nua, yeah, I would have much preferred it to be shown as the ending for Fate route. Unfortunately, it is not available on the PC version.

Lastly, in regard to your anger towards me using kimochi, well, all I can say is get over it. It is a FFA board and language is just a mean to get a message across. Obviously, most people understand the word kimochi, so it has served its purpose. If you have an issue with it, it's fine, but I am not changing anything.

Lastly, I do enjoy reading what you have to say about Sakura. I do find some of them insightful.

WarLord
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by WarLord » February 2nd, 2009, 10:15 pm

► Show Spoiler
Anyways, I personally feel that all the heroines personalities and behaviors were appropriately presented. I applaud the creators for being realistic. When I mean realistic, I mean that the characters didn't have a drastic deviation from their characteristics and traits in short amount of time (there was only one or two weeks in the game right?). Sure, a lot has happened in that short amount of time, but I don't think Rin would start acting all lovey dovey towards Shirou despite obviously having feelings for him. Otherwise I would feel it would be out of character for her. Same goes for the other two heroines.

Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Rikh » February 2nd, 2009, 10:29 pm

allanh wrote:
HeartCard wrote:stuff
Haha, Heardcard, sorry for dissing your Sakura...
I have to say Heartcard, you have sakuras character down perfectly. I fully agree that Rin is definitely more selfish than sakura, and saber has shown various selfish motives in the game herself. She even
► Show Spoiler
because she was so selfish in one scene

Sakura has a VERY strong right to be selfish in this game, if at all. All she wants is shiro to be happy, she doesnt even care (until provoke by shiro hard enough) who he is with, as long as he is happy, That is intolerably unselfish. Saber the most 'loyal' servant is the only servant who betrays more than Archer and caster (well maybe not caster...), She abandons Shiro multiple times in the game, as well as never listening to Shiros request, 90% of the game revolves around Saber disagreeing with Shiro on almost anything (even in scenes that help saber...) She is very selfish in my opinion

Although i still <3 saber, im just making a small point to support hearts argument ;)

Sakura is the only character who went through true mental hell. Her body was horribly tortured by worms, and sexually abused by Shinji an uncountable amount of times. The worms inside her body magnified everything thousands of times, from the pain to the pleasure, one touch of her body alone could render her weak and helpless during those states. She 'endured' these tortures only to protect shiro and allow her to not be involved so she wouldn't have to kill him.

So yah, Sakura is seen as selfish, but in the game she undergone so much horrible pain in her life, that its a miracle alone she can even hold on to her own sanity. The fact that she even tried to kill her self a large amount of times prior to events was in will to protect the lives of others (although the shadow prevented it)

Honestly, IMHO... Sakura is not a whore, her body forces her to require sex since her torture conditioned her to require it. She is a sexaholic quite literally, who will end up dying or mentally breaking down without it, her restraint of it during most of the game is quite a miracle honestly. Also she is the LEAST SELFISH character in the entire game (except for Illya IMHO....) bearing with so much pain and only asking or requiring something when she is at her up most limit of cracking down....Sheesh, you guys really should understand her character a bit more...Desu~ FTW (japanese phrases ftw)

Although Rin is pretty Moe and i like her a lot, cant help it though. Thought id support you heartcard ;)

Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » February 2nd, 2009, 11:19 pm

To sort out all of this I do like Sakura,
► Show Spoiler
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.

allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread post by allanh » February 2nd, 2009, 11:23 pm

Just because she suffered, it does not mean she deserves to be loved. Yeah, Shirou can sympathize with her and even help her, but Sakura imho is not a suitable love interest for any man.

allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread post by allanh » February 2nd, 2009, 11:35 pm

► Show Spoiler

Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Nerroth » February 2nd, 2009, 11:54 pm

I felt like I've been in this kind of argument before - more than once - and I didn't want to try and re-tread the same arguments again...

...but there was one point that I saw which I had to say something about.

There was a point in which it was said that if the poster were in Shirou's shoes, he would not choose Sakura.

Quite frankly, if I were thinking of the Sakura in that situation, I'd be alright with that - so long as the worms were removed, and both Shinji and Zouken taken out of the picture.

Yes, Shirou is the first man Sakura has felt that level of attachment to, and for many perfectly understandable reasons...

...but to be honest, if Shirou was with her only out of some sense of obligation, it would be no good to either party involved.

And in any event, out of a planet with more than 3 billion men out there, there has to be at least one out there who would be the kind of person that Sakura deserves, and with whom she could share the kind of loving and compassionate relationship that she deserves.

Sakura deserves a better future, but it doesn't have to be with Shirou.

EDIT: And further, I'd be happier to see that happen in a post-Fate or -UBW timeline... so that she is spared the kind of injustice she suffers through in Heaven's Feel.

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » February 3rd, 2009, 12:05 am

► Show Spoiler
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.

Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Nerroth » February 3rd, 2009, 12:12 am

And another thing -
► Show Spoiler

nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread post by nobaka » February 3rd, 2009, 12:45 am

allanh wrote:
► Show Spoiler
I doubt it would have any effect, considering the relationship between Servants and the Grail. Dark Saber was directly controlled by Sakura without a pact, so there was no 'rule' to break.

But that would have been awesome, if he did. :')

Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Kikuchi » February 3rd, 2009, 12:49 am

nobaka wrote:
allanh wrote:
► Show Spoiler
I doubt it would have any effect, considering the relationship between Servants and the Grail. Dark Saber was directly controlled by Sakura without a pact, so there was no 'rule' to break.
What he said. It won't do anything, actually. Once the curse has spread and swallowed a Servant, it isn't reversible anymore.

Oh and HeartCard, although I have no intentions of arguing about your points regarding Sakura, your explanations, however, have some flaws :
1. In UBW Good Ending, Archer did the Grail destruction far greater than he did in True Ending, leaving Saber some prana left because she didn't have to use it extensively.
2. "Weak". In terms of Magic, Sakura is on par with Rin. Maybe Rin is a shade more skillful (because of her training). If we take her jewels and Magic Crest into account, Rin is far stronger than Sakura. Sakura got hax like that in HF because of the Grail. So in short, normal Sakura is by no means stronger than Rin at all.
3. "Selfish". True, every heroine in F/sn has her own selfishness, but I don't see how Sakura isn't selfish anymore after you pointed that. It's like saying "I am guilty for stealing, but every other person around me does it, so I'm not guilty anymore".
4. F/ha doesn't take any specific route as its prequel. Fine, if you say HF is its prequel because it's the supposed "True Ending" of Fate/stay night...
► Show Spoiler
5. If you say "Fate Shirou is fail", HF Shirou is by no means better than him (not that I say he's worse). He had even embraced the possibility of destruction of an entire city and the murder of countless people. See, Fate Shirou made a sacrifice, that is himself. HF Shirou also made a sacrifice, that is other people.
When will I get my 1337th post?

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » February 3rd, 2009, 2:48 am

From what I can take from this F/ha is nothing more then a comlation of all three stories jamed together.
► Show Spoiler

Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Kikuchi » February 3rd, 2009, 2:53 am

Kid-Wolf wrote:From what I can take from this F/ha is nothing more then a comlation of all three stories jamed together.
► Show Spoiler
Kotomine is still gone, though. Well, it's not like he didn't in any of those routes... Still, we lost a great comrade villain. :(

Regarding Sakura,
► Show Spoiler

Altima of the Gates
Might just like this board

Unread post by Altima of the Gates » February 3rd, 2009, 4:00 am

Kikuchi wrote:
nobaka wrote:
allanh wrote:
► Show Spoiler
What he said. It won't do anything, actually. Once the curse has spread and swallowed a Servant, it isn't reversible anymore.

Oh and HeartCard, although I have no intentions of arguing about your points regarding Sakura, your explanations, however, have some flaws :
1. In UBW Good Ending, Archer did the Grail destruction far greater than he did in True Ending, leaving Saber some prana left because she didn't have to use it extensively.
2. "Weak". In terms of Magic, Sakura is on par with Rin. Maybe Rin is a shade more skillful (because of her training). If we take her jewels and Magic Crest into account, Rin is far stronger than Sakura. Sakura got hax like that in HF because of the Grail. So in short, normal Sakura is by no means stronger than Rin at all.
3. "Selfish". True, every heroine in F/sn has her own selfishness, but I don't see how Sakura isn't selfish anymore after you pointed that. It's like saying "I am guilty for stealing, but every other person around me does it, so I'm not guilty anymore".
4. F/ha doesn't take any specific route as its prequel. Fine, if you say HF is its prequel because it's the supposed "True Ending" of Fate/stay night...
► Show Spoiler
5. If you say "Fate Shirou is fail", HF Shirou is by no means better than him (not that I say he's worse). He had even embraced the possibility of destruction of an entire city and the murder of countless people. See, Fate Shirou made a sacrifice, that is himself. HF Shirou also made a sacrifice, that is other people.
2.) You also have to remember that they both had quite a different training regimen. Although I don't think what Sakura went through you could count as training, but only experimentation. Give her enough training, and have her use her extra maryoku from the other side effectively, and you got a great magus. She also has limited functions as the grail, so there's that too.

3.) Rather than saying she isn't selfish at all, I believe HeartCard was more saying that her selfishness was of such a minimal nature that its pretty much nonexistent.

5.) The saving of the town and the saving of Sakura could be done in one shot. Plus, once Shirou knew (or accepted) that the shadow was part of Sakura, it suddenly made his original goal a two for one. Really, this is quite a predicament. There is no way in hell anyone could kill someone who they loved who has suffered for that long and be able to look themselves in the mirror the same way ever again. And if there is, I sure as hell don't want to meet them. Hmph, every day he watched the news and pretty much wept for the people whose names came up due to incidents from the shadow, so he damn sure wasn't some heartless bastard who only cares for Sakura and nothing else.

Plus, many people say he should have killed her once he knew (accepted) that she was the shadow, but then guess what? Zouken gets free ticket with Angra Mainyu thanks to his mother worm and Shirou would be a wreck. Killing her is NOT a profitable end at all, and I just don't see how people can't see that even with the facts staring them in the face. Zouken's mother worm wasn't removed until the last day, so any attempts at killing her would have bad consequences. One of those is that Rider would dust Shirou if he even attempted, much less if he succeeded, so there is one less ally there. Just bad, no matter how you slice it.

Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Kikuchi » February 3rd, 2009, 4:17 am

Altima of the Gates wrote:2.) You also have to remember that they both had quite a different training regimen. Although I don't think what Sakura went through you could count as training, but only experimentation. Give her enough training, and have her use her extra maryoku from the other side effectively, and you got a great magus. She also has limited functions as the grail, so there's that too.
I chose not to deal with "what if". Sakura is Sakura, and Rin is Rin. Rin is stronger than Sakura as a magus, enough said (and I did mention about different trainings, you know). And the unlimited Prana she got in HF is because of the Grail. Once it's destroyed, she can no longer draw immense Prana from it.
3.) Rather than saying she isn't selfish at all, I believe HeartCard was more saying that her selfishness was of such a minimal nature that its pretty much nonexistent.
Oh, I don't know. Her selfishness being "non existent" is pretty much not true. She has her own problem, so arguing otherwise is not justifiable.
5.) The saving of the town and the saving of Sakura could be done in one shot. Plus, once Shirou knew (or accepted) that the shadow was part of Sakura, it suddenly made his original goal a two for one. Really, this is quite a predicament. There is no way in hell anyone could kill someone who they loved who has suffered for that long and be able to look themselves in the mirror the same way ever again. And if there is, I sure as hell don't want to meet them. Hmph, every day he watched the news and pretty much wept for the people whose names came up due to incidents from the shadow, so he damn sure wasn't some heartless bastard who only cares for Sakura and nothing else.
While it could be done together, there is still possibility Sakura will destroy the entire city first. Shirou knew that, still, he chose to close his eyes regarding that matter.
Plus, many people say he should have killed her once he knew (accepted) that she was the shadow, but then guess what? Zouken gets free ticket with Angra Mainyu thanks to his mother worm and Shirou would be a wreck. Killing her is NOT a profitable end at all, and I just don't see how people can't see that even with the facts staring them in the face. Zouken's mother worm wasn't removed until the last day, so any attempts at killing her would have bad consequences. One of those is that Rider would dust Shirou if he even attempted, much less if he succeeded, so there is one less ally there. Just bad, no matter how you slice it.
That is what being a Hero of Justice about. Fate Shirou chose to sacrifice himself for that (to atone his sins to the people caught in that fire). Heaven's Feel Shirou was not a Hero of Justice. Both of them had their respective sacrifices, no one is better than the other.