Feeling weird on Fate's H scenes (SPOILERS!)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Atriel » February 1st, 2009, 4:29 am

Shourai wrote:

WTF? Saber has no nipples?!?! She was butchered :(

Oh yeah, Tsukihime as said is Type-Moon's first VN. Personally i think it's better than FSN. But don't let my opinion get to you and just check it out and find out for yourself.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby sabata2 » February 1st, 2009, 4:48 am

The water in the tub is higher, that's all.

As for the H-scenes, the more involved the characters get, the more "realistic" the show of love. Atleast imo.

Obviously Saber H1 is just slapped in there for the plot, but Saber H2 seems much more like something two teens would do if they cared deeply for each other.

Saber obviously being withdrawn about it (even trying to dismiss it), and Shirou being as upfront as you can get.
sabata2
Addict

Unread postby Nerroth » February 1st, 2009, 4:48 am

Shourai wrote:
Nerroth wrote:It seems that, from what I have gathered, Realta Nua

shows the divide neatly. In it, the more awkward 'prana transfer' scenes are replaced altogether (dragon in Fate, fish in UBW) - but the more actual love-making scenes (like the second Saber scene) seem to still happen, just 'off-camera' as opposed to being shown explicitly.
It's all age; there's no sex scene in that. All the sex scenes have been replaced neatly.

Which is why I said that
the scenes which have not been replaced with other types of events are 'off-camera'.

What's with this "fish" anyway?

Apparently when

Rin puts her hand on his chest and casts the spell, Shirou sees a vision similar to the dragon scene from Fate (and the anime) - only instead of seeing a giant dragon, he sees a shoal of electric-looking fish.

Or something.

2nd h-scene in Fate is no longer a h-scene. Just "sleep together", that's that.

Again,
what I meant by 'off-camera'.
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Shourai » February 1st, 2009, 4:53 am

Nerroth wrote:Again,
It's up to your interpretation. If you want to imagine it as it is in the original game, then it is. Only pervs think like that. 8)

sabata2 wrote:
Obviously Saber H1 is just slapped in there for the plot, but Saber H2 seems much more like something two teens would do if they cared deeply for each other.

Saber obviously being withdrawn about it (even trying to dismiss it), and Shirou being as upfront as you can get.
Pretty much what I want to say there. 8)
Shourai
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kikuchi » February 1st, 2009, 4:54 am

Shourai wrote:
It's up to your interpretation. If you want to imagine it as it is in the original game, then it is. Only pervs think like that. 8)
Shame Sakura won't be able to calm her impulses, eh? :lol:
Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Nerroth » February 1st, 2009, 4:57 am

Shourai wrote:

But you yourself say what happens - but I would argue that it was probably a little different than it was in the PC version, since

it would have been their first time. Still, one would hope that with no Rin rushing Shirou, it would be closer to the 2nd scene from the PC version, in terms of being enjoyable for Saber.
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Shourai » February 1st, 2009, 4:59 am

Nerroth wrote:
Shourai wrote:

But you yourself say what happens - but I would argue that it was probably a little different than it was in the PC version, since

it would have been their first time. Still, one would hope that with no Rin rushing Shirou, it would be closer to the 2nd scene from the PC version, in terms of being enjoyable for Saber.
No, I didn't say that. I said, it's up to your imaginations. Your imagination, unfortunately, differs from mine. :P
I believe the night just passes quietly when they sleep while holding hands. Sleep, as in literally. :P
Shourai
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Nerroth » February 1st, 2009, 5:06 am

Shourai wrote:
Nerroth wrote:
Shourai wrote:[quote="Nerroth"]Again,

No, I didn't say that. I said, it's up to your imaginations. Your imagination, unfortunately, differs from mine. :P
I believe the night just passes quietly when they sleep while holding hands. Sleep, as in literally. :P
[/quote]

Fair enough - but in any case,

that may well have happened after any 'off-camera' stuff, anyway!

At least it's better than the implication the anime seemed to give - in that, it looked like Saber was withdrawing from his company afterwards, trying to bury her feelings again with a 'I am ready to fight again... as your Servant' thing.
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Shourai » February 1st, 2009, 5:12 am

Nerroth wrote:Fair enough - but in any case,

At least it's better than the implication the anime seemed to give - in that, it looked like Saber was withdrawing from his company afterwards, trying to bury her feelings again with a 'I am ready to fight again... as your Servant' thing.
Sure, but considering the topic on hand, one might as well think "what if it wasn't a h-scene?", and compare with the other option. Which why I suggested PC Version as the "with h" and RN as "no h".

After all, one might argue that Realta Nua is "what the PC version of F/sn would look like without its h-scenes". Or more literally, "non-ero Fate / stay night".

Not that I suggest every single h-scenes in PC version is horrid, though. Like I said, some are out of place, while the others are befitting. Sounds like I'm contradicting myself, but you get the idea.
Shourai
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Nerroth » February 1st, 2009, 5:15 am

Shourai wrote:
Nerroth wrote:Fair enough - but in any case,

Sure, but considering the topic on hand, one might as well think "what if it wasn't a h-scene?", and compare with the other option. Which why I suggested PC Version as the "with h" and RN as "no h".

After all, one might argue that Realta Nua is "what the PC version of F/sn would look like without its h-scenes". Or more literally, "non-ero Fate / stay night".

Well, there is the likes of Clannad's After Story, in which

There are no h-scenes, but it is stated that Tomoya and Nagisa do make love - which leads to a key (pun not intended) plot point.

The original point I wanted to try and make is that in RN,

The scenes which get references to sex completely removed are the ones in which the sex was obliged by plot - whereas the scenes in which the option is left open, at least, as to whether or not the characters involved make love 'off-camera' in the scenes which were more about actually making love, as opposed to having sex.
Last edited by Nerroth on February 1st, 2009, 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 1st, 2009, 5:15 am

Still I have to also go with the whole it was done off-camera for Saber's second H-scene.
I mean even the anime kind of admits to that since it shows them after the fact. It's almost like that anime that didn't exist in the end of it all. It means that it was merly implied, but you can always deny that reality and replace it with your own since no one is stoping you.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Shourai » February 1st, 2009, 5:22 am

Kid-Wolf wrote:Still I have to also go with the whole it was done off-camera for Saber's second H-scene.
I mean even the anime kind of admits to that since it shows them after the fact. It's almost like that anime that didn't exist in the end of it all. It means that it was merly implied, but you can always deny that reality and replace it with your own since no one is stoping you.
You don't actually deny reality, actually. You see, everything that wasn't explicitly mentioned is up to you to imagine. In addition, the anime plot wasn't so out of place at all, considering Saber's personality. Denying reality if it is directly stated (or strongly implied, at least) and you say "no, that didn't happen". :P

Nerroth wrote:The original point I wanted to try and make is that in RN,

The scenes which get references to sex completely removed are the ones in which the sex was obliged by plot - whereas the scenes in which the option is left open, at least, as to whether or not the characters involved make love 'off-camera' in the scenes which were more about actually making love, as opposed to having sex.
And the original response of mine
is in Realta Nua, there are no sex, either explicit or implicit. "Making love" and "having sex" is exclusive to PC version. To eroge. :)

If you want to argue that sex obliged by plot is (or should be ) removed and that there are actual lovemakings driven by mutual affection, I'm not against you.
Last edited by Shourai on February 1st, 2009, 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shourai
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Nerroth » February 1st, 2009, 5:30 am

Shourai wrote:
Nerroth wrote:The original point I wanted to try and make is that in RN,

And the original response of mine
is in Realta Nua, there are no sex, either explicit or implicit. "Making love" and "having sex" is exclusive to PC version. To eroge. :)

But does that mean that

They changed the HF-Normal ending? I had heard they left in the line where Sakura reminisces about having sex with Shirou - which would imply at least one 'off-camera' event...

And Clannad

is not an eroge, but has the reference there, all the same.

A VN doesn't have to be an eroge to have at least some reference to sex - so long as it does not show it explicitly.
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Shourai » February 1st, 2009, 5:34 am

Nerroth wrote:But does that mean that

They changed the HF-Normal ending? I had heard they left in the line where Sakura reminisces about having sex with Shirou - which would imply at least one 'off-camera' event...
Maybe they changed the way they state it? Reminiscing about moments shared with Shirou instead of actual sex? You'll never know. After all, implying that an actual lovemaking did take place in the game while the game is supposed to be "all ages" sounds like a contradiction to me.

And my friend, Clannad isn't F/sn. It isn't even TYPE-MOON. :) Different writers have different ways of stating things.
Shourai
Crack Addic!

Unread postby that one guy » February 1st, 2009, 5:39 am

This is the same game that has
Shirou ripped in half at the beginning of two routes, or if you choose not to go on that path, have HIS HEAD RIPPED CLEAN OFF!
All ages my foot.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Nerroth » February 1st, 2009, 5:40 am

Shourai wrote:
Nerroth wrote:But does that mean that

Maybe they changed the way they state it? Reminiscing about moments shared with Shirou instead of actual sex? You'll never know. After all, implying that an actual lovemaking did take place in the game while the game is supposed to be "all ages" sounds like a contradiction to me.

And my friend, Clannad isn't F/sn. It isn't even TYPE-MOON. :)

But it is still a VN - and as much an all-ages one as RN is, at that (ironically, from a company who surprised some of their older fans by making Clannad an all-ages game) - yet it still has the implication you speak of.

Indeed, the After Story's critical plot points are predicated on just that sort of thing happening.

Unless the difference is that
Tomoya and Nagisa were already married when they make love, and that somehow makes it more acceptable to show to a younger audience?
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Shourai » February 1st, 2009, 5:46 am

*Sigh* As I mentioned before, there's no use comparing Clannad and RN since both have different writers with different intentions. Just a simple test, then : point out one sex taking place in RN and I'll keep my trap shut.

that one guy wrote:This is the same game that has
Shirou ripped in half at the beginning of two routes, or if you choose not to go on that path, have HIS HEAD RIPPED CLEAN OFF!
All ages my foot.
You might wanna complain to TYPE-MOON who described it as all-ages instead to me. :P

Also, I don't wanna drive this thread more off topic, nor I wanna see this thread padlocked, so let's just stop here. I already pointed out my opinions regarding Fate h-scenes so now I'll take my leave.
Shourai
Crack Addic!

Unread postby that one guy » February 1st, 2009, 5:48 am

All Ages just means no pictures of pr0n.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kikuchi » February 1st, 2009, 5:54 am

that one guy wrote:All Ages just means no pictures of pr0n.
All ages description is subjective, m'boy. :lol:

Okay, let's get back to topic. :wink: Regarding awkward h-scenes, one could not help but think about "dead sea creatures", no matter how appropriate the h-scene is to complement the love between bot and girl. :lol:
Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » February 1st, 2009, 9:51 am

Ahahahah... Dead sea creatures.. Honestly..

That's the first thing in my mind if you talk about 'feeling weird of H-scenes'... in FSN..

And... yeah. Its the protoganist of Persona 4.

And someone said about posting RN images... being a copyright thing... i presume...

From my understanding you breach the copyright infringement law.. or whatever its called the doo-hickey... Is if you copied, about a percentage of 10% or MORE of the whole... in any form of substance or medium... and did not give credit or receive permission from the makers...

Something like that...
Im not too sure on this.. But its what my Marketing lecturer told me...

... If i remembered it correctly...

so ho hum...
So i assume.. posting pics of RN is.... okay... Just...

As long as this thread does not become something like a full CG set...
Or if you consider my lecturer's words.. exceed more than 10% of the full CG...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat