Feeling weird on Fate's H scenes (SPOILERS!)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Feeling weird on Fate's H scenes (SPOILERS!)

Unread postby mccrash3000 » January 31st, 2009, 3:03 am

Hello everybody.
I'm playing Fate/Stay night on my pc, and two days ago i passed

the H scene on the 11th day of the Fate route

I don't know why, but since then, i was't able to play the game anymore. Of course i'll finish it the same, because i really enjoyed it the past days, and i'm a little bit obsessed in 100% completion, but i need some time to restore myself from that scene.
It is a strange sensation indeed, because i know the game was an eroge before playing it, and actually i like hentai stuffs too (i used to work on scanlations of dojinshi on one of the biggest hentai site on the net), but this time was totally different, i felt somewhat "guilty" on seeing that scene, and i've tried to explain myself why.

So, the best explanation i've found is that i've reached so deep degree of immersion in Fate's story that, simply, that scene doesn't seems to me to fit with the rest of the game. Basically, i think that visual novels are somewhat like books, and books, more than comics or videogames, requires a lot of mental work for figuring situation and characters. But this also means that the story of a book is more "personalized" from one's mind that stories from comics or vgs, where instead there are a lot of supports (pictures, expressions, cutscenes...) that helps to figure out the story in a more "objective" way.

So, for what i've "personalized" about the Fate characters, i wasn't able at all to fit that scene in the story, it's really seems unnecessary to me for the story. Using a "strong" metaphor, it's just like:

I'm reading the 7th book of Harry Potter, and suddendly i read that Hermione is being raped by Harry and Ron. i think the sensation will be the same

As i told, i'm surely going to finish the game, and i won't use the non-ero patch, because i like to play Fate as it was intended to be played, but, surely, things will never be the same again.
Please let me know your opinions on this.
mccrash3000
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Shourai » January 31st, 2009, 4:15 am

Firstly, Fate / stay night is an eroge. Eroge is bound to have h-scenes, you cannot change that fact. The first h-scene in Fate, yes, I share your opinion of it being "forced plot" and "out of place". Same with
UBW h-scene between Shirou and Rin.

But
the 2nd h-scene is entirely different. Both Saber and Shirou are trying to express their love to each other by sharing the same sensation, climax, "service", etc, etc...

I hope this clears out your so-called "guilt" and reluctance to continue playing. F/sn is a great VN, and I suggest you don't take the mar caused by the awkward h-scenes too seriously, because
there are good and befitting h-scenes among them too. ;)
Shourai
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » January 31st, 2009, 6:04 am

hmm.... my mind may be playing trick on me but, wasn't there a thread already like this one somewhere else? At any rate, in case I'm wrong, what Shourai said is pretty much right, the h-scenes are.... well kinda out of place a bit, mainly when you compare UBW's and Fate's first h-scene. HF is different, at least to me. There they have a bit of a reasonable excuse, but it still does feel like an excuse to have hilariously weird scenes unfold with strange dialogues that made me laugh IRL!
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Inverted » January 31st, 2009, 7:43 am

I don't know about you but HF h-scenes had the weirdest text of them all.
BTW as for my opinion on this topic the h-scenes (all of them) never bothered me at all. Though Nasu could improve his prose to go with the pics .I hope to read his improved h-scene writing skills in Tsukihime-2.
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » January 31st, 2009, 11:11 am

Yup... When a good VN is given some service of ero material, it tend to be forced, weird and out of place... Same thing goes with F/SN, although not as bad as Utawarerumono..... Unlike some pure hentai game along the line of X-change or Ecchi bani wa kirai, where the ero-scene doesn't feel misplaced, even became the center of the game, in a good VN like F/SN, insertion of ero-scene felt somehow degrades the story, making it less compelling....

That's why i think... It's very likely that I'm wrong... that Realta Nua, is what really should have happened in the story...
Like a magic circuit transfer, instead of threesome sex in the forest for prana transfer

But i don't know why... I got the weirdest of feeling... For all that I've said about preferring good VN without ero-scene... I felt a certain disappointment when the news broke that Mahoutsukai no Yoru will be an all-age VN...
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby CrimsonMoonMist » January 31st, 2009, 11:33 am

lolipedofin wrote:

But i don't know why... I got the weirdest of feeling... For all that I've said about preferring good VN without ero-scene... I felt a certain disappointment when the news broke that Mahoutsukai no Yoru will be an all-age VN...

Probably because no matter how forced and out of place it is, the H-scenes is a part of the VN, Not necessary but enough that it feels kinda weird without them.
Spread the news, Ryougi Shiki for
Melty-Blood: Actress Again
CrimsonMoonMist
Might just like this board

Unread postby mccrash3000 » January 31st, 2009, 12:05 pm

Probably because no matter how forced and out of place it is, the H-scenes is a part of the VN, Not necessary but enough that it feels kinda weird without them.

Well, i thought i forgot to mention that this is the first VN i've played, so surely i was a bit unexpected about the genre, expecially about the kind of hentai i can found in it (soft nudity, full nudity, etc...). i knew Fate throught the manga (the only Fate-related media available in my country, Italy), and when i discover that it was inspired by an eroge VN, i've started looking for it with lot of curiosity.

And this is another point i've convinced myself: i don't know about other famous VN's, so maybe Fate is not an exception, but Fate has one of the strongest plot i've ever seen in recent time Japanese stuffs. This is demonstrated by the fact that it spawned a lot of product without H scenes (manga, anime, ost, novels...) even being an eroge VN in first time. So when i've started playing Fate, i was first of all curious to see how they could fit such situations in a so solid stoytelling, an you know what's my opinion about the result.

and most of all, why the hell have Rin to become a sex-beast-dominatrix so suddendly? i've not played UBW yet, but i hope this won't happen even there!

As i saw before, i really don't blame anyone for this, even TYPE - MOON, because if the game was intended to evolve like this, i accept that. It was only a consideraton about my personal feeling, and i want to know if anyone has felt like me when playing the game.
mccrash3000
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Shourai » January 31st, 2009, 12:40 pm

mccrash3000 wrote:
and most of all, why the hell have Rin to become a sex-beast-dominatrix so suddendly? i've not played UBW yet, but i hope this won't happen even there!
It won't. Rest assured. What will happen is the exact opposite of what you'd think.

mccrash3000 wrote:As i saw before, i really don't blame anyone for this, even TYPE - MOON, because if the game was intended to evolve like this, i accept that. It was only a consideraton about my personal feeling, and i want to know if anyone has felt like me when playing the game.
Oh, I share your opinion. In fact, everyone who has ever played TYPE-MOON Eroge Visual Novels must have known that the h-scenes have a bit... awkward feeling to them. You'll come to learn the meaning soon enough. :wink:

But that matter aside, I think in some instances, sex scenes (without forced plot) are strong devices to express a mutual love between a man and a woman.
This is emphasized mostly in the second Fate h-scene and some of HF h-scenes. In Tsukihime (even though the ends didn't turn quite right because of Shiki's bestiality), sex scenes like with Arcueid and Akiha is a symbol of such love.
Shourai
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Atriel » January 31st, 2009, 3:51 pm

You can search around this forum and you'll find a lot of jokes about the h-scenes. Don't let it get to you, it gets better.

mccrash3000 wrote:this is the first VN i've played.

READ TSUKIHIME!! NAO!
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby sabata2 » January 31st, 2009, 8:17 pm

Atriel wrote:
mccrash3000 wrote:this is the first VN i've played.
READ TSUKIHIME!! NAO!
Second.
sabata2
Addict

Unread postby Nerroth » January 31st, 2009, 11:12 pm

It seems that, from what I have gathered, Realta Nua

shows the divide neatly. In it, the more awkward 'prana transfer' scenes are replaced altogether (dragon in Fate, fish in UBW) - but the more actual love-making scenes (like the second Saber scene) seem to still happen, just 'off-camera' as opposed to being shown explicitly.
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Shourai » February 1st, 2009, 12:49 am

Nerroth wrote:It seems that, from what I have gathered, Realta Nua

shows the divide neatly. In it, the more awkward 'prana transfer' scenes are replaced altogether (dragon in Fate, fish in UBW) - but the more actual love-making scenes (like the second Saber scene) seem to still happen, just 'off-camera' as opposed to being shown explicitly.
It's all age; there's no sex scene in that. All the sex scenes have been replaced neatly.

What's with this "fish" anyway? There's no such thing as that.

2nd h-scene in Fate is no longer a h-scene. Just "sleep together", that's that.
Shourai
Crack Addic!

Unread postby mccrash3000 » February 1st, 2009, 1:01 am

Code: Select all
mccrash3000 wrote:
this is the first VN i've played.

READ TSUKIHIME!! NAO!

Ehmmm....what does it means?
mccrash3000
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby solopy567 » February 1st, 2009, 1:03 am

Shourai wrote:
Nerroth wrote:It seems that, from what I have gathered, Realta Nua

It's all age; there's no sex scene in that. All the sex scenes have been replaced neatly.

What's with this "fish" anyway? There's no such thing as that.

2nd h-scene in Fate is no longer a h-scene. Just "sleep together", that's that.

Whoa you got guts, you show images from Realta Nua dude.

But those pics are really weird, especially the Sakura ones...brrrr...
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Shourai » February 1st, 2009, 1:14 am

mccrash3000 wrote:
mccrash3000 wrote:
this is the first VN i've played.

READ TSUKIHIME!! NAO!
]

Ehmmm....what does it means?
Tsukihime is the first VN made by TYPE MOON. You might wanna read that for comparison. The story is also awesome. Some say it's even better than F/sn.
Shourai
Crack Addic!

Unread postby mccrash3000 » February 1st, 2009, 1:18 am

Tsukihime is the first VN made by TYPE MOON. You might wanna read that for comparison. The story is also awesome. Some say it's even better than F/sn.

Thanks a lot, i'll surely have a look on it.
mccrash3000
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby inferno_flamex » February 1st, 2009, 1:40 am

mccrash3000 wrote:

Thanks a lot, i'll surely have a look on it.

Heh... VNs are just not VNs when they dont have H-scenes..
As good as the game "Phantom of Inferno" is... It feels strange, i donno... to me at least.. To play the english ver with H-scenes removed...

Anyways.. Regarding Tsukihime...
You must be warned tho.. It does contain H-scenes in that as well...
...But... hmmm.. maybe not as 'forced' as the scenes in FSN... So yeah...
You might find it alittle less 'guilty' than FSN.. XDD

You can find the translation here as well... In fact, i believe the guys here in mirror moon even has a summary on it so you can go ahead and see what's its all about... AH!. But i seem to remember that you said you work in a H-scanlation right?

Hmm.. Maybe im assuming too many things.. But if you're the translator in the scanslations, and to have almost no knowledge regarding VNs.. Well.. Haha.. Go out there and read them VNs.. NOW!.. LOL!... For us.. That dont understand whatever it is that is not translated! XDDDDD
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby mccrash3000 » February 1st, 2009, 2:08 am

Hmm.. Maybe im assuming too many things.. But if you're the translator in the scanslations, and to have almost no knowledge regarding VNs.. Well.. Haha.. Go out there and read them VNs.. NOW!.. LOL!

as you can expect, i didn't work on translations, my Japanese knowledge it's barely basical...i used to find dojinshis on the net and then send it to the translation staff.
Don't misunderstand me, please, i really enjoy hentai, and now i'm full aware of what VN's are, but, for this very time, i'v really felt confused about what i've seen.

Oh, and is your avatar from Persona 4? I really like that game!
mccrash3000
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 1st, 2009, 2:49 am

I see that they airbrushed the CG with Saber in the tub it seems. In any case I'm supprised that simple editing and that could actally stay in the PS2 version in the end.

Also, I'm supprised that a certain someone hasn't complained about those as of yet.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Unkind » February 1st, 2009, 3:12 am

Dunno how you could feel different about f/sn just because of the h-scenes even though you translated h manga/doujinshi. The h scenes aren't that bad, they just use weird ass words. And they aren't really even that out of place.

If you wanna see out of place totally ridiculously stupid h scenes play tears to tiara, you'll soon realize f/sn's aren't bad at all (again, outside of the wording).
Unkind
Might just like this board

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat