I reject Fate (SPOILAHZ)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » February 5th, 2009, 3:27 pm

I thought the Fate ending was the main ending while UBW and HF was considered the background for the rest of the characters and giving a sotry on the Grail Wars itself. I mean it feels like they are interconnected if you ask me, but it give more of a background to the entire story.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.

Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Kikuchi » February 5th, 2009, 3:48 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:I thought the Fate ending was the main ending while UBW and HF was considered the background for the rest of the characters and giving a sotry on the Grail Wars itself. I mean it feels like they are interconnected if you ask me, but it give more of a background to the entire story.
It was the other way around; Fate was the introduction, UBW the Archer crap and stuffs about ideals (in other words, doesn't add anything to the main storyline), and HF was the Grand Finale.
When will I get my 1337th post?

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » February 5th, 2009, 4:17 pm

Kikuchi wrote:
Kid-Wolf wrote:I thought the Fate ending was the main ending while UBW and HF was considered the background for the rest of the characters and giving a sotry on the Grail Wars itself. I mean it feels like they are interconnected if you ask me, but it give more of a background to the entire story.
It was the other way around; Fate was the introduction, UBW the Archer crap and stuffs about ideals (in other words, doesn't add anything to the main storyline), and HF was the Grand Finale.
But what about the Avalon ending they added into the Relta Nua version for the PS2 then? Prettty much it was supposed to be the Fate ending to be te real ending, just like how Arc's true ending was supposed to be the actual ending for the series. Although that may change if Sacchin get's her route in te remake and they don't make the sequel with Arc though. Although that's another thing entirely.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.

Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Kikuchi » February 5th, 2009, 4:28 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:But what about the Avalon ending they added into the Relta Nua version for the PS2 then? Prettty much it was supposed to be the Fate ending to be te real ending, just like how Arc's true ending was supposed to be the actual ending for the series. Although that may change if Sacchin get's her route in te remake and they don't make the sequel with Arc though. Although that's another thing entirely.
Well you know... Last Episode isn't supposed to be an actual ending (as in, independent Ending) of Fate / stay night as it's just a complement of Fate...

And I think you and I have a different point of view about a Grand Finale. To you (I suppose), the main storyline is the one which becomes an iconic story. Like Arcueid route in Tsukihime and Fate in F/sn. But to me, the actual Grand Finale is the storyline which wraps the entire Novel. Like Kohaku Route / Ending in Tsukihime and Heaven's Feel in F/sn. The one which closes the curtain and invites the audiences for an applause.

But that's fine, we all have our own thoughts on that. :wink:
Oh by the way, as all Endings are canon, I decided not to bother with "which one is the actual ending for this VN". What I'm concerned about is "which one is supposed to be the Grand Finale of this VN".

sabata2
Addict

Unread post by sabata2 » February 5th, 2009, 4:41 pm

Well I have to say There are points in UBW which spark a memory about the anime.

I completely forgot Rin and Shirou tried to take on Rider in the forest, in the anime.

And I dunno what it is, but so far the way Shirou acts in this is just so much better... He's actually somewhat fearless.

I doubt that if I had access to UBW on a first playthrough I'd end up on it's route (since it has only one access path), but this is definitely a more "me" route.

Note*
I just noticed that Fate/Stay Night has incredibly few death opportunities when compared to Tsukihime (atleast PER ROUTE).

Last night when I was checking an answer of mine to see if it would kill me or not, I thought I'd take a gander down a few days.

It was like 3 days before I could die again.
In Tsukihime you could die on nearly EVERY decision fork.

BlackTornado
Addict

Unread post by BlackTornado » February 6th, 2009, 4:07 pm

Raven wrote:Heh, I'm more or less disagree with Message interpretion of the endings.

For me, the game has 3 independent story arch, they started at the same point but developed into their own completed storyline. What message describes is something more suitable for ... say, Wind: Breath of Heart where there is pretty much a single story line with minor twitch regarding the character you choose.
Agreed! F/SN has 3 very vastly different routes, and that makes every read very enjoyable and engaging. :)
fourFyFSIX

Levethix
Might just like this board

Unread post by Levethix » February 6th, 2009, 4:17 pm

I loved the way Fate ended. It was sad, yes, but it felt too right to be wrong. Any other end would have just betrayed Saber's character. At least that is just my opinion.

Ryougi07
Addict

Unread post by Ryougi07 » February 6th, 2009, 5:20 pm

As much as it pains me to agree to it, yeah fate really had a good ending....
okay, can't take the pain! WHY did you die NOOOO! *runs off with tears streaming*
"You're better off without the scent of blood, I might just suddenly cut you up."

sabata2
Addict

Unread post by sabata2 » February 12th, 2009, 5:55 am

Okay, as much as I'd like to stick to this "challenge", I'm at the point where I can't.

I've been faithful to it up to now.

But with todays... like NOTHING HAPPENED.

Since there's a Spoiler Tag in the title, I'ma just blurt it.

Archer defected.

Thassit.

I was like "omfg what? That's ALL?!"

I think I'ma play the next day too...

Not because I'm "omg whats gonna happn!?!" but more of "Okay, I need something better than that."

*Edit*
On the other hand, I'm liking UBW quite a bit more than Fate. And looking at the choices I've made so far, the chance of me getting the good end are high.
Soo lets see what I end up with.

JLA
Addict

Unread post by JLA » February 12th, 2009, 6:15 am

sabata2,
The story is just beginning! :)
-J

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » February 12th, 2009, 6:17 am

Kikuchi wrote:And I think you and I have a different point of view about a Grand Finale. To you (I suppose), the main storyline is the one which becomes an iconic story. Like Arcueid route in Tsukihime and Fate in F/sn. But to me, the actual Grand Finale is the storyline which wraps the entire Novel. Like Kohaku Route / Ending in Tsukihime and Heaven's Feel in F/sn. The one which closes the curtain and invites the audiences for an applause.
Actually I did think that the Kohaku Route of Tsukihime to be the grand finalie as well. Not only that but it gave a reason why she was always around at the right place at the right time for Tohno Shiki. Heck I'm sure that she had something to do with cleaining Shiki up when he supposedly "killed" Arc.

In any case for Fate/stay night either ending can actually work if you're going to add to the fact Hollow Ataraxia into the mix. The Avalon part I think was to tie up th elose ends that people were complaining about with the ending of Fate.

sabata2
Addict

Unread post by sabata2 » February 12th, 2009, 8:41 am

Yeah... that "Day" was much better.

And if all goes well that will hold me out until the 13th.

And I can actually relate far more with "this" Shirou than Fate's.

It's like every time his convictions are called into question, something inside me goes "Does he really need a reason to do any of it? If he's so firm on his beliefs, then he definitely will. So let him be."

It's almost as painful to me as it is to Shirou when people point out how his ideals are flawed, and that he'll never reach them.

Which is actually an accusation I've come across more than once myself. My response is always "Watch me." And I just get that feeling from "this" Shirou.

JLA
Addict

Unread post by JLA » February 12th, 2009, 4:42 pm

sabata2 wrote:Yeah... that "Day" was much better.

And if all goes well that will hold me out until the 13th.

And I can actually relate far more with "this" Shirou than Fate's.

It's like every time his convictions are called into question, something inside me goes "Does he really need a reason to do any of it? If he's so firm on his beliefs, then he definitely will. So let him be."

It's almost as painful to me as it is to Shirou when people point out how his ideals are flawed, and that he'll never reach them.

Which is actually an accusation I've come across more than once myself. My response is always "Watch me." And I just get that feeling from "this" Shirou.
Yeah... In my line of work you see a lot of not so nice stuff every day but I keep remembering why it was that I decided to do what I do and things get better. That is probably why I like FSN so much, it reminds me that ideals can be a good thing but that you have to reconcile them with reality when it hits you over the head like a hammer... or flies at you like a 9mm hunk of lead. :?

JLA
Addict

Unread post by JLA » February 16th, 2009, 1:10 am

sabata2,
What did you think of UBW? :)
-

sabata2
Addict

Unread post by sabata2 » February 17th, 2009, 3:32 am

I was away from my comp for the entire weekend, so I was unable to finish the game on the correct days.

I'm planning on plowing through the end as if I'd have "saved up time" for each day.

I'm still curious as hell though.. when the hell is RinxShirou?!
I mean Saber's first scene was like day 6... I'm currently at day 11 or something, and still nothing.

JLA
Addict

Unread post by JLA » February 17th, 2009, 3:48 am

sabata2 wrote:I was away from my comp for the entire weekend, so I was unable to finish the game on the correct days.

I'm planning on plowing through the end as if I'd have "saved up time" for each day.

I mean Saber's first scene was like day 6... I'm currently at day 11 or something, and still nothing.
It's a strange hint corner...
► Show Spoiler

Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Kikuchi » February 17th, 2009, 3:54 am

JLA wrote:
sabata2 wrote:I was away from my comp for the entire weekend, so I was unable to finish the game on the correct days.

► Show Spoiler
Just because
► Show Spoiler

that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by that one guy » February 17th, 2009, 4:48 am

JLA wrote:

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

sabata2
Addict

Unread post by sabata2 » February 17th, 2009, 7:58 am

Aww MAN!

Dammit all to hell.

I ended up using an earlier version of the Patch, and it died on that ONE part on Day 15 Voiced.
(still no RinxShirou >_> Neeeeevermind. And MAN that was brutal...)

Don't ask how I got an earlier version of the patch... cause I'm not sure how I did anyways.

*Just updated the version and am still goin...*

*double Edit*
Lancer pwns.

Mysteryman2000
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Mysteryman2000 » February 17th, 2009, 8:35 pm

I haven't played the game yet, but it is just like Tsukihime and Getsu Tohya, make your own path.