I reject Fate (SPOILAHZ)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby sabata2 » March 5th, 2009, 11:51 pm

OMFG I am LOVING Heaven's Feel.

It's so tragic, yet warm.
It's a story about two people, and not about an event.

Sakura is bound to tragedy by the event, but how the event seals her fate is what the story revolves around. Not the event itself.

I almost cried during the scene in the rain. It was a beautiful confession.

This route alone, is making me glad I got this game.
sabata2
Addict

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » March 6th, 2009, 2:08 am

I'm a sucker to tragic endings. I tend to try to get the really sappy ones before I finish any game. I kinda like the part where.
When Sakura waits for a Shirou who would never return

*drops to his knees and takes some random poster in his arms and screams 'Noooooooo!' in a manly scream. Rain drops fall on the battlefield*

You know scenes like that >.>
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread postby -Shiki- » March 6th, 2009, 2:47 pm

Kuuya/Fabre wrote:I'm a sucker to tragic endings. I tend to try to get the really sappy ones before I finish any game. I kinda like the part where.
When Sakura waits for a Shirou who would never return

*drops to his knees and takes some random poster in his arms and screams 'Noooooooo!' in a manly scream. Rain drops fall on the battlefield*

You know scenes like that >.>

i can picture that..XD
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » March 7th, 2009, 2:03 am

You know, I hope they can make more of those brotherhood manly death scenes like that in games. Those types of scenes tend to get us guys more than emo scenes involving a girl. Imagine if F/SN was like that.

i.e. Archer meets Shirou and instead of getting totally antagonistic with him, he acts like a big brother figure, then halfway along the game he dies while fighting a battle of epic proportions (he kicks the bucket in a very gar-like manner) while saving the others. Story then branches to a variation of either HF or UBW
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread postby negum » March 7th, 2009, 2:12 am

Kuuya/Fabre wrote:
he acts like a big brother figure, then halfway along the game he dies while fighting a battle of epic proportions (he kicks the bucket in a very gar-like manner)

Why does this sound so familiar? :?

Kamina T^T *manly tears*
Internet-Rule 20: "Nothing is to be taken (too) seriously." <-- So true. :mrgreen:
negum
Crack Addic!

Unread postby allanh » March 7th, 2009, 2:26 am

Kuuya/Fabre wrote:You know, I hope they can make more of those brotherhood manly death scenes like that in games. Those types of scenes tend to get us guys more than emo scenes involving a girl. Imagine if F/SN was like that.

I prefer emo scenes with girls..... :)
http://Miyazaki.com - my Hayao Miyazaki fan site
http://CityHunter.com- my City Hunter fan site
Saber-chan, come back to me~~~~~
allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » March 7th, 2009, 2:42 am

allanh wrote:
Kuuya/Fabre wrote:You know, I hope they can make more of those brotherhood manly death scenes like that in games. Those types of scenes tend to get us guys more than emo scenes involving a girl. Imagine if F/SN was like that.

I prefer emo scenes with girls..... :)

I also like emo scenes with lolis... But I'd probably get into trouble if I get caught playing an eroge with lolis >.>
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread postby JulyZerg » March 19th, 2009, 8:54 pm

I do not recall which Tiger Dojo but it had said they removed the ero ero scenes with Ilya and the capture of Shirou. I found it rather interesting.
JulyZerg
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby sabata2 » March 20th, 2009, 5:43 am

That was the first Dojo I ever got.

It's when you submit to Illya after you've been captured in Fate.
sabata2
Addict

Unread postby JulyZerg » March 20th, 2009, 4:46 pm

sabata2 wrote:That was the first Dojo I ever got.

It's when you submit to Illya after you've been captured in Fate.

The first time around the game I remember choosing to submit because I was very curious. I did not know Illya was an unattainable route. Getting 40 Tiger Stamps did not make me happier either.

The Tohsoka Rin in Tiger Dojo has a cigarette in her mouth, what could it symbolize?
JulyZerg
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » March 21st, 2009, 8:45 am

negum wrote:
Kuuya/Fabre wrote:
he acts like a big brother figure, then halfway along the game he dies while fighting a battle of epic proportions (he kicks the bucket in a very gar-like manner)

Why does this sound so familiar? :?

Kamina T^T *manly tears*

We need games with manly tears!!
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread postby radical_number6 » March 27th, 2009, 12:32 pm

hate it or love it, the writer always knew there's going to be always one ending with Fate route. its sort of like an exclamtion mark, no choice. plus its more realistic. if they put a good happy ending no. 2, im guessing the writer, (taka... is his name i think, not sure) will felt he betray himself or something, coz just for the sake of putting a happy ending would make the first ending look meaningless for some ppl coz they want a happy ending like the topic creator. so, topic creator, you just have to leave with it. its a message from the game. you have no choice.

anywaaaaaay, about the first ending, if this was real, saber is destined to go when the time comes anyway. on another matter, if she stay, she still have to go back to her time before her death after her last war eventually, so what you gotta do and what you want, huh??? live with shirou, so when shirou dies, or who ever that sustain saber's mana b4 saber really leave for good, she'll still have to go back to her original time, so what you want?? live for another life time, then go back to war and died??? have the candy b4 the cough medicine. you could be i bet it would be awkward for saber to be living that way although im sure she would be happy with shirou. anywwaaaaayyy, saber is destined to go, atleast everybody comes to term with what happens and move on, and lived on. imagine if you're a character in the game, and you'll be the only thats still a sour puss even though everybody comes to terms, you'll be like.....you know, for the lack of better terms, the odd man out.
radical_number6
Addict

Unread postby sabata2 » March 30th, 2009, 4:45 am

I AM the odd man out.
And by your logic, that would mean that UBW Good is actually a BAD ending for Saber...

Anyways, on to current news.
I was recently robbed, and they made off with my computer, so I lost the save file I had.
Would anyone be so kind as to upload one that is ATLEAST past UBW? Because I do NOT want to have to trudge through Fate again. I'd rather sell the game back tbh.
(I'm currently on a roommate's laptop)
sabata2
Addict

Unread postby ReidE96 » April 7th, 2009, 10:50 pm

sabata2, this is where the marvelous Ctrl key comes in. Or Skip to Next if you prefer, though if I recall rightly that only works on scenes you've already done. Ctrl works always though. Race through, click Saber choice, rinse and repeat until UBW. Read the GAR route again, or test the rumour I've heard that you can do HF before UBW, your choice.
ReidE96
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby sabata2 » April 8th, 2009, 6:53 am

Skip to next is only if you've done it before. (Only in Tsukihime can you if you haven't)
If it was available I MIGHT do that cause then I could have it skip and leave while it moved to the next.

And I don't think you quite understand just how much I hate the Fate route.
From what I've seen, the only good thing to it is it has the better H-scenes.

I don't even want to hold Ctrl through it.
sabata2
Addict

Unread postby ReidE96 » April 8th, 2009, 10:34 pm

http://rapidshare.com/files/133364290/savedata.rar

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SDL60LDZ

Same file in either. A save up to the end of UBW, with all tiger dojos from Fate and UBW. HF not touched. Google rocks :D
ReidE96
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby sabata2 » April 9th, 2009, 12:28 am

Dude... you rule.

Now I just have to wait for the insurance man to send me my new computer.

I can't really install an H game on a friends laptop can I? XD

(And I really was THIS close to reselling the game)
sabata2
Addict

Re: I reject Fate (SPOILAHZ)

Unread postby sabata2 » March 19th, 2010, 9:18 am

Massive Bumpage from the ages.

I know it's a massive resurrection Message, but let this one pass just once.

I just finished Heaven's Feel, both endings.
And I have to say it wins out on best story in the game easily.
Fate stands no chance, and Unlimited Blade Works, while epic in it's own sense, it just a story I never connected with.

The Shirou of Heaven's Feel I truly saw as a hero. He chose his goal of who to save and sacrificed everything on the path to that end.
Constantly questioning, but never wavering.
To do that requires a certain level of conviction and confidence. Levels many would call foolishness and foolhardiness.

But I now know why I loved this arc of the story so much, and that's because I can connect to that type of persona. The constant struggle of Heaven's Feel is an added bonus, along with the innocent love between Shirou and Sakura. I never got that sense with Saber or Tohsaka.

So, knowing now what all the arcs are like I'd say Fate has the best H-scenes, Unlimited Blade Works has the best GAR factor, and Heaven's Feel has the best character development and over all storyline.

Now, I've only to reach all Tiger Dojos in Heaven's Feel before I can finally say I'm done with this game. The save previously given has all Fate and Unlimited Blade Works Dojos.
After that it's back to Tsukihime to finally get into the Dark Side of the Moon arcs. I think that's what they're called atleast.
sabata2
Addict

Unread postby haseo99 » January 24th, 2011, 3:41 pm

there should be an option of Saber actually wanting to stay...
bet I am not the only one with similar thoughts... the ending is bittersweet... is not that I don't like it... is just that my idea is a bit better...
haseo99
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » January 27th, 2011, 9:12 am

Well there was the After Story that was implimented in the PS2 version.

Pretty much it was after the events of Fate, UBW, and HF took place. In the end he does meet with her but in the afterlife kind of deal. Also, it wouldn't of made much sense if she stayed behind in Fate since Shirou was an idiot. As for UBW it's really a coin toss for that. Although if she didn't become Dark Saber and was actually salvageable in HF it still would of been impossilbe.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Previous

Return to Fate/stay night Chat