Fate/'Twisted' Night(Spoilers)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Fate/'Twisted' Night(Spoilers)

Unread postby HeartCard » January 29th, 2009, 1:50 am

{All my topics have the spoiler tag. Just to screw with people really.}
Allow me to give a brief history of me with what will follow.
I grew up with a father who could more than supply every toy need a child could want without bartering on fail spoiled brat-ness.
However, I found that some things there were no proper toy for such as Sonic the Hedgehog figures. By proper I mean fully poseable.
So then I found something. You've seen then all throughout your life probably.

I call them "Twist-Ties", as does everyone who can reference them that I know of.
You've seen them at the grochery story to tie your fruit bags, and they come in your trashbag box.
They call in all kinds of colours.
They're basically a Wired, covered with a very thing piece of plastic, covered by coloured paper.
Doesn't sound interesting, right?

Well, in my boredom I decided I could make my OWN toys with these.
Long story short, I can take "Twist-Ties", and twist them together into whatever I want.
And then paint that. And Voila, I has a twisty Saber!

This topic is to introduce people TO "Twist-Ties" and to show off my fate Twisties collection so far.
So without further adue(But with notes along the way):

Group:

Saber:

Notes: Pain in the ASS ahoge character.
PITA1: Ahoge.
PITA2: Avalon Sheath. Not a problem anymore since the sword was resized to be smaller/accurate.
PITA3: Hair. The ribbon was kinda easy, but the damn bangs were a pain to fit in.
PITA4: The unnoticed details of her shoes and white underskirt were a slight pain...

Archer:

Notes: I choose Garcher over Archer. I may give him a bow and either caladborg II or Hrunting and post a new picture.
Might also do a UBW scene...Not sure...

Lancer:

Notes: Gae Bolg was very easy to make, lol. The only problem with lancer was his ponytail. Easiest Fate twistie thus far.

Rider:

Notes: The breasts were a pain to shape. The hair was fun though. The only problem is that the shadowing between her legs
makes it look like that's the start of her pelvis. The actual legs go into the skirt, but the shadowing makes it seem otherwise.

Assassin:

Notes: Couldn't figure out how to make the shoes well enough...The jacket was abit too bulky. But the hair and hair ribbon turned
out quite nice. Maybe his sword too...Maybe. Atleast the heads is proportionate. *Cough*Rider*Cough*

Caster:

Notes: The cloak was a BITCH to make and paint. Also I forgot to give Caster either her staff or rule breaker.
So all she has is invisible magical pretend attacks! >_>

True Assassin:

Notes: Kinda easy to make, cept the damn right hand and the right arm's wrapping does not fit.
The arm does bend as stated in the novel, the hand is placed over the shoulder for the wrapping to fit.
The mask was ALOT easier than expected, the head of the pre-coloured twistie conviently had eye dents
and was shaped perfectly. An accidental white paint drop actually fit perfectly.
Also has the most pictures of any character. Ironically not my favourite character. But was nessessary.
The face is Visible through the cloak, if you look carefully.
The daggers clearly are just like actual VN's "Darks" in that they cannot be held by TA very well. His hand is fail. lol

4th War Archer:

Notes: Perhaps the most detailed twistie I've made. Never realized he has so much lower body equipment until now.
Not to mention how well Ea turned out in detail too.

Extra Fate Stuff:
Weapon Collection of Fate:

Fate/Twist Night:
Repeating First Night-

Greek Myth Royal (Would have included Zerker originally)-

Distant Utopia -

Fate or Graceful Revenge? -

Expected to come:
Berserker.
Avenger.
Archer: Rho Aius, Caladborg II, and a Bow.
Caster: Rule Breaker and Staff.
Saber: New face. Scruff megruff, NOT GOOD.
Rider: Pegasus...maybe?
And maybe something else if you think I missed something.

Also. Fate Twisties aren't the only things I do. I wanna show off some of my other works too quickly:
Extra:

And to show what they look like before painting:
Dual-swordsmen and a Scythe User. Also, behind them are two magical things.
1. A soda Can. VERY MAGIKALZ.
2. A Bag of Twist-Ties used to make them.

DA BIG ONEZ. Note the ITTY BITTY Fate units behind them. >_>

P.S. : I do not encourage techinqually illegal activities such as going into H.E.B. and techniqually stealing masses of the free Twist-Ties from the fruit section to tie your fruit-bags.
I do not encourage it.
I do it myself, but I do not encourage it.

Let me know what cha think about them.
HeartCard
Addict

Unread postby spathi » January 29th, 2009, 3:13 am

somebody has plenty of free time huh? :shock:
spathi
Addict

Unread postby JLA » January 29th, 2009, 3:23 am

WOW
Awesome creativity man!
Two Snaps Up and a Twist!!
:D
JLA
Addict

Unread postby SmellyGoomba » January 29th, 2009, 3:40 am

This is freakin' amazing.
SmellyGoomba
Might just like this board

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » January 29th, 2009, 4:51 am

Wow, these are very very impressive. I like how you explore unorthodox media and produce some spectacular results.
I do think you need to tweak with the capes and cloaks a little bit, they look quite bulky.
However, given the media (twist ties), I do believe that you have captured the spirit of the characters. I was a little doubtful when I started reading, but what you have done completely exceeded my expectations.
My favorites are Archer and True Assassin. Love what you did with Delusional Heartbeat.

Demand figure of Shirou executing Nine Lives.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby that one guy » January 29th, 2009, 5:11 am

O_O

That is all.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby HeartCard » January 29th, 2009, 6:18 am

Oh I also made every single figure FUNCTIONAL. Meaning:

1. They are fully poseable in every fashion that is possible on humans +some. Even the hair is bendable(cept gilg/archer. Who have too little hair to accurately emulate with twistties. >_>)
2. They can hold things in their hands, and have things removed from their hands.
3. They can "hold" all their items. No need to balance anything.
For example, due to an accident on my part, you'll see in the group picture that True Assassin's Cloak has this "Antenna" shape on it.
Those are his two "Darks" which are placed next to his head, but mostly inside the cloak.
Saber's Avalon Sheath also has a small hold on the back of it so she can hold it with one arm(displayed in 3rd saber picture).

As for when I do this? Normally on the two hour busride to-from the church of my lover.
or when I'm bored, etc.

The "Big Ones" shown in the last picture are different. Generally those are made when I decide to take a bunch of my current ones and put them together.

I just realized some minor bloopers I made with the pictures:
-Gilgamesh's 2nd picture was only resized to 25% instead of 12.5% My bad.
-TA's Darks are accidentally visible on the Group picture.
-Ea is the only sword with the handle at the bottom of the image. lol

The only REAL problem with using Twist ties is indeed capes and such. I could use cloth and such, but that would mean money...Or some old t-shirt I have that I care little for+extra work.
The problem is the bulk. But without the bulk, all your cloths are "Holy"(and not in a Archer-fashion). And trying to go as thin as possible tends to end up with very "IMMA FALL APART" pieces pre-painting.

Fun Fact: If you put clear water in my "Rinse Paintbrush" glass cup(visible in the "Big One" picture, top right) and then look at it. All the left-over paint itty bitty chips makes it look like looking at a galaxy. Sadly my camera did not agree so I can't show it.

EDIT:
Fun Fact 2: Twist ties come in all kinds of colour. Here's a colour guide and where I find the colours:

Green - Plain Jane. Most common Twist tie. Normally around any place you tie a baggy. Check the Fruit section.
Red - Uncommon. I seem to only find them in the Doughnut section of H.E.B. And sometimes in the fruit section.
Blue/White 50/50 - Blue on one side, white on the other. Common. Longer than most other twist ties so I shun them abit. Found normally in the box you get your Trash Bags from(in the box, not the store).
Yellow/White 50/50 - No idea. I think these are from the 80s or 90s only. I found a bunch in our attic a few years ago, and then found some while cleaning this house. Neven seen at a store.
White - Same as Blue/White 50/50. Except these are SLIGHTLY shorter than most twist ties.
Black - Very Rare. Found in the Fruit Section maybe twice. Never seen since. Come apart very easily.
Purple/Orange/Rainbow/Silver - I dunno what to call the rarity. I've only seen them on bread loafs to tie the bag. Often decides which bag I get if they're the same bread type. They tend to be same size as Whites.
Dark Blue - Never seen them until today. Someone brought them home for me. Said they found them in the ice cream section. Very high quality. :o

So there you have it. The word from the Twist Tie Gawd. Rar Rar.
P.S. : Be Aware. Target in my town now has a small security on the twist-ties. You can only pull 1-3 from the machine at a time. But they has the red ones, so I persist. :3
(Store Manager: "We're outta what? The hell? We restocked yesterday." "We have a suspect on camera taking far more than nessessary!" "Then arrest her." "Techniqually legal though." "@!%$!!! Put a security system then!" Heart: "Twisty senses...tingling...")
HeartCard
Addict

Unread postby Unkind » January 29th, 2009, 6:55 am

that one guy wrote:O_O

That is all.
Unkind
Might just like this board

Unread postby Selaphiel » January 29th, 2009, 7:11 am

I am amazed.
Selaphiel
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Inverted » January 29th, 2009, 7:43 am

WOW amazing
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby HeartCard » January 29th, 2009, 8:52 am

Lawl. I forgot something:

That's a wooden desk. And the black spots are burn marks from...burning twist ties. lol
One of gilg's belts had the plastic and paper burn off it so it would be small enough.
Not sure if it's visible or not.
Mah signature starts here.
Behold! Twist Ties and Eroges as far as the eye can see!
Fate/Twisted Night:
http://forums.mirrormoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=2838
HeartCard
Addict

Unread postby solopy567 » January 29th, 2009, 11:23 am

What....What kind of material is this? I have never seen it before in my life.

O_o amazing
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby HeartCard » January 29th, 2009, 12:18 pm

solopy567:
Like I said, I and anyone who recognizes them call them "Twist-Ties", I have no idea if they have any official name.
I'm aware there are factories who sell these in bulk, but meh.

I displayed a picture with the Twist-Ties shown. It's one of the Extra ones. This one:

You can see the twist-ties behind the two green units. Along with a fruit bag from the grochery store holding a rather large amount of them.

Maybe I should make a quick tutorial on Twistie-making-methods.
ANY QUESTIONS BITCHES!?
Fate/Twisted Night:
HeartCard
Addict

Unread postby solopy567 » January 29th, 2009, 12:50 pm

Never heard of this thing, its new for me.

they look a little deformed, but its great work.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Catastrophe » January 29th, 2009, 9:03 pm

that one guy wrote:O_O

That is all.
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » January 29th, 2009, 9:09 pm

That's some interesting way of making... figurines?

How long does it take you to make one?

Also, if you can take better pictures of them this would fit perfect in the Type-Moon fanart thread. Epic.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby HeartCard » January 30th, 2009, 1:40 am

Care to define what would be a "Better Picture"?
I took them to the best of my knowledge. You can clearly still see the twist-ties
despite the paint if you look closely.
If you have a recommendation on how to improve the pictures, let me know.

As for how long it takes, the basic form can be done in about 10-15 minutes.
Weapons normally take longer because they basically have to be near-perfect 1st time.
Painting normally takes about an hour to complete because I use "Metallics" Paints, which dry
within 5-10 minutes. So basically (5*(# of colours used on unit)). And then another 15 minutes fixing
up all the minor mistakes or doing very tiny details.

I was thinking of cheating though. Printing out each character's face from the visual novel and glueing
it to the twist-ties face. lol. I might try it later. Scruff Megruff saber is not so sexy.
Fate/Twisted Night:
HeartCard
Addict

Unread postby inferno_flamex » January 30th, 2009, 2:11 am

I find True Assasin to be the most awesome-ness there...

The cloack. The Arm cover.. And Zabaniya itself...

Epic..
Its like your very own FSN posable ACTION FIGURE!
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Wiiown » January 30th, 2009, 2:13 am

Dear god that is full of awesome and win. You win epic thread of the day good sir. They look pretty accurate too, nice.
Wiiown
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Xanathos » January 30th, 2009, 3:48 am

You sir win. The dedication, originality, and quality all deserve praise.

I have a question though. Have you tried making the fate characters bigger. I'm guessing you could increase the detail immensely. Hell if you could do life sized you would automatically be recognized as legend.

Tutorials would be nice.
Xanathos
Crack Addic!

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat