Fate/ stay night on iPhone

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Fate/ stay night on iPhone

Unread postby absb87 » January 18th, 2009, 2:18 am

I came across a guide to putting Fate/ stay night on your iPhone (in Japanese) here:

fateをiPhoneで - iphone wiki

To be honest, this was a very simple and easy thing to do, since you're provided with all the necessary game-specific-tools. Unfortunately, because the tools to compose the files were specific, especially the one which makes the 0.txt file, and also didn't take the extra patch#.xp3 files into account when using the arc converter I couldn't see a way to use the English version instead of the Japanese. I think that's where the main problem lies, and in linking these two aspects to work together.

I uploaded a couple of picture's here (please forgive the smudges, I was really happy at the time):

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

There is also a guide available for Tsukihime, for which I'm going to try to use the English version instead:

月姫 - iphone wiki

*EDIT* For the purpose of getting Tsukihime (English) to work on the iPhone, I attempted to convert Narcissu (English) in order to see whether the ONscripter binary for iPhone, with English support, (found below) was working correctly:

Main site
The ONscripter binary with English support can be downloaded from the bottommost link
The Japanese only ONscripter binaries for iPhone can be found here

Unfortunately, I was unable to get the binary to work at all :( There was no problem with the setup of all the files, as it worked perfectly on my laptop (with an onscripter-en.exe), and when I substituted the English supported binary with a strictly Japanese one it worked perfectly - though the obvious issue with 1-byte text cropped up as expected, i.e. nospacingbetweenthetext.

In conclusion, I believe either I messed up somewhere - something entirely possible, galling though it may be - or the supposedly English-supported binary was compiled incorrectly. It is worth noting however, that the English script of Tsukihime didn't work with the Japanese binary at all, whereas the English script of Narcissu did - for both the 0.txt and nscript.dat formats.

For the moment, I'm going to see how the new 3.0 firmware is going to effect the software, and hope that some new updates will be more compatible with the visual novel. Please feel free to have a go with these programs yourselves (translate and follow the guides above using google or something) and if anyone has better luck than me I'd like to here about it. (n_n)b
Last edited by absb87 on June 19th, 2009, 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
absb87
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby solopy567 » January 18th, 2009, 2:43 am

Is it possible to put the english version on the iPhone? and does this work on iPod Touch?
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Mouvar » February 5th, 2009, 9:13 am

If there's a way to do it with the japanese version there's probably a way to do it with the english patch...

If I had an IPhone I'd take a look at it all myself. But I don't. :(
Mouvar
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby -[J1N]- » February 5th, 2009, 11:59 pm

Wow, that's awesome! I'd also like to know if it works for the iPod Touch. Since it requires you to install ONScripter and stuff into the iPhone, it might be possible to do the same to the Touch (I just read the guide a bit more, its got a lot of things that don't exist on the Touch). Btw, it only shows how to put Tsukihime (for some reason spelt Tukihime); I don't see anything F/SN. Well, thanks for sharing!

Here's hoping that Message doesn't lock this!
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Re: Fate/ stay night on iPhone

Unread postby Toshimi » January 3rd, 2010, 2:44 pm

HELP, please...
I'm doing the http://www.iphooone.com/pukiwiki/index. ... hone%A4%C7 tutorial...
I can't do the 3rd step... When I launch the シナリオ生成.bat it doesnt create the 0.txt...
Toshimi
Totally hardly posted

Return to Fate/stay night Chat