Fate/ stay night Reatla Nua for PS2 CG Extractor

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Fate/ stay night Reatla Nua for PS2 CG Extractor

Unread postby absb87 » January 16th, 2009, 1:38 pm

I found a CG extractor for Fate/ stay night Realt Nua on a chinese website and uploaded it here:

Fate_PS2(CG_Limited).rar

It requires you to use the actual PS2 game disc to extract the images from, saving them in the same directory as the extractor in .tm2 format.
When you execute the program it will ask you to open the DATA2.BIN file, then proceed to extract the images. *IMPORTANT* You require at least 3.14GB of space to extract all the images.

It was recommended on the chinese website to use a program called OPTPiX iMageStudio to convert the images, which you can easily find on google, and I uploaded elsewhere myself, but I don't know if posting a link to it is allowed so I won't - but I'm not sure if there are other programs which can convert this format as my quick search on google didn't yield anything.

I know there is a guy who has made a patch to insert some of the Realta Nua CG's into the PC version (his site is here: Waku Waku) but I just wanted to post this program in case mirrormoon might perhaps consider including an option on the current patch to include some of the new CG's (obviously where appropriate) in the PC version.

Anyway, if this is in any way helpful please use it; it's just my way of trying to pitch in (^_-)b

*EDIT* The program posted by Ailtin "XnView" doesn't view the images properly; it leaves some kind of white haze over all the images. The program I mentioned above does allow you to open the images properly, as well as save them in .jpg format, however it has the same problem as XnView when tryng to save in other formats, e.g. in .png format, with the white haze covering the images. I'd post an example but I'm not sure it's allowed, however you'll see what I mean if you try it out for yourself.

@ "that one guy": the program I recommended (OPTPiX iMageStudio) has the ability to batch convert; simply go to Macro>Macro Processing...>Standard Function and choose "Format Converison" from the "Function:" box - then enter the appropriate settings and se[b]lect[/b] "OK".

**EDIT** @ Ciel: Thanks for that (^_^)b The problem was with the alpha transparency channel, which you can simply get around by selecting Image>Remove alpha channel in XnView, instead of copying and pasting.
Last edited by absb87 on January 22nd, 2009, 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
absb87
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby solopy567 » January 16th, 2009, 1:52 pm

That is unfortunately not allowed. Unless they make a patch which requires you to have that realta nua, and the patch extracts the images from it and puts in the game, its against the rules.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Ciel » January 16th, 2009, 1:55 pm

uh, but what he posted is exactly that. a program that extracts the cg images, just like that piece of code in the installer that extracts voices. it's against the rules to post the cg rips themselves, not a program that can be used with the game dvd to extract cg images.

this could be integrated into the installer, then used together with the voice patch to almost completely port realta nua if someone wanted that.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby solopy567 » January 16th, 2009, 2:25 pm

oh whoops my bad. didn't read it right.

So I like it now. it would make the pc version seem much cooler
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » January 16th, 2009, 2:27 pm

Well Message did say he wanted to do the Installer with the RN CGs if it was possible to do at one point. Since this does extract the CGs with the disk I think it'll be fine. If it was something without using the disk this thread would of probably been locked by now.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby that one guy » January 16th, 2009, 9:45 pm

Random question, is there an easy way to convert them all at once? This thing is a pain to do it bit by bit, because they're not always full CG's.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby solopy567 » January 17th, 2009, 1:29 am

Oh this program extract the cgs and allows you to view them as pictures. I only figured that out now.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Message » January 17th, 2009, 8:14 am

Interesting tool, but we would require a commandline driven interface if we were to ever include it in our installation. Also it'd require a cmdline converter, which I haven't found yet, and on the fly repacking of xp3 files, which is possible but meh. Don't hold your breath.

Unread postby solopy567 » January 17th, 2009, 12:42 pm

So basically it's like trying to do something completely impossible into possible.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » January 17th, 2009, 3:12 pm

Message wrote:Interesting tool, but we would require a commandline driven interface if we were to ever include it in our installation. Also it'd require a cmdline converter, which I haven't found yet, and on the fly repacking of xp3 files, which is possible but meh. Don't hold your breath.

Well the only thing I can say about that is good luck in making it work then if you still want to use the RN CGs for the non ero patch.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Ailtin » January 17th, 2009, 6:00 pm

So well. I downloaded this 6kb file and it extracts some files in a tm2 format. How do i open them ?

Edit: Oh i read it now. Sorry ! My fault,dood ^^

I know downloaded the patch from WakuWaku and it works !
Just saw the Nine-Lives from RN

So i also found a Program which allows to view the tm2 files.

Its XnViewer. Just google for it ;)
Ailtin
Might just like this board

Unread postby Masterori » January 19th, 2009, 10:47 am

Err having some problems with it, the extracted exe won't even open for me.

" This application has failed to start because configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem "

Would be appreciated if any help is given.
Masterori

Unread postby Ailtin » January 19th, 2009, 3:02 pm

What kind of files are there ? ReDownload it.
If its the Extractor you have to use DAEMON tools to mount the Realta Nua DVD.

From the Autor:
If someone knows something bout the KiriKiri or so please go to that link:
http://rnpatch.blogspot.com/2009/01/help-wanted.html
Ailtin

Unread postby bahamut zero » January 19th, 2009, 4:58 pm

Is it also possible to extract the OP Movies?
bahamut zero

Unread postby Ailtin » January 19th, 2009, 5:35 pm

No, just the images.
Ailtin

Unread postby sabata2 » January 19th, 2009, 7:27 pm

Question:
What's the big difference between the Realta Nua CGs and the PC CGs?

Because from what I have in my mind, they'd just be higher Resolution, or better quality.

Are they actually DIFFERENT CGs?

I don't mean to ask for all of them, but I'd like to atleast see one of the different versions side by side, before I go out of my way to get them myself.
sabata2
Addict

Unread postby Ailtin » January 19th, 2009, 7:34 pm

Well...some moments just look better in the Realta Nua Version. You can see on Youtube
the Nine Bullet Revolver in RN Version. In comparison it looks way better and it takes not much HDD Space. Just fewer than 40 mb or so.
Ailtin

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » January 19th, 2009, 10:07 pm

Also,
the RN version has more CGs and a few of them to replace the ero ero seces that are in the PC version.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Masterori » January 20th, 2009, 8:42 am

Ailtin wrote:What kind of files are there ? ReDownload it.
If its the Extractor you have to use DAEMON tools to mount the Realta Nua DVD.

From the Autor:
If someone knows something bout the KiriKiri or so please go to that link:
http://rnpatch.blogspot.com/2009/01/help-wanted.html

Well I was able to extract " Fate_PS2(CG_Limited).exe " from it so there should be nothing wrong with the rar file ( and to make sure I re downloaded it around 10 times didn't help.. )

I'm haven't problems with the exe itself when I double click it it gives the error I mentioned.
Masterori

Unread postby Ailtin » January 20th, 2009, 2:30 pm

Which OS do you have ?
Ailtin

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat