NP questions (spoilers, of course)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

NP questions (spoilers, of course)

Unread postby Catastrophe » January 14th, 2009, 4:14 pm

2 quick questions....

1) Well... i cant certainly identify the types (anti-personnel, anti-army, barrier and the such) of the NPs, but.... why is God Hand listed as anti-personnel???

2) Zabaniya....as deadly as Gae Bolg??


PS: what is that 'range' ?
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
User avatar
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 734
Joined: December 18th, 2007, 3:40 am
Location: Trust me.... you DONT wanna know.

Unread postby Xanathos » January 14th, 2009, 4:29 pm

from fuyuki wiki

Zabaniya - Delusional Heartbeat
The arm of the spirit of malice, Shaytaan.

Neutralization of physical barriers and armor to strike at the opponent's heart by using an ether clump to create a dual existence that resonates with the original and crushing it to also crush the target's real heart. Even if say, the opponent had armor with defensive power of 1000, the arm would grab the heart over the armor and deal damage directly. MGI (the ability to prevent the creation of the overlaying existence) is necessary to resist against this instead of amount of CON. Like the other Zabaniya, a convoluted and indirect way of killing a person that's more like a trick a magician would use.
Rank: C
Type: Anti-personnel
Range: 3-9
Max AOE: 1 unit

Gae Bolg - The Spear of Impaling Barbed Death/The Spear of Striking Death Flight

A cursed spear that will always go through the heart of the opponent when struck. Reverses causality in which the spear is launched after the truth that the heart had already been hit had been constructed. Since the spear had already hit the target, no matter what he might do, he can't avoid it. Surviving through Gae Bolg will require an auto-resurrect Noble Phantasm or high LCK or a defensive barrier that surpasses the Prana of Gae Bolg. Damage taken by Gae Bolg will not be able to be recovered from as long as Gae Bolg continues to exist (not exactly true, but well, close enough: Avalon was able to allow recovery: this also applies to normal mode Gae Bolg). Prana consumption is relatively low compared to its destiny interference ability and it can be used 7 times without needing to be refilled. Gae Bolg's true ability is as a thrown weapon, however, in which the full power of the curse of Gae Bolg is unleashed. Emphasis in this case is on destructive power rather than targeting accuracy. Damage and form are approaching that of Lugh's Brionac, but the power of "striking the enemy no matter how many times he may dodge" comes from Odin's Gungnir.

Gilgamesh has the base of this in his vault (and used to strike Berserker in the heart).

If Fragarach is a curse that switches the order of attack, Gae Bolg is a cursed spear that reverses causality. Even if Fragarach rewrites the fact that Gae Bolg was hurled first, it'll just wind back. The moment Gae Bolg's true name was released, Gae Bolg already held the result of hitting the heart. Even if time is returned to the point before activation and kills the user, it's meaningless. The spear having the result of piercing a heart will fulfill its role even if its master's died before he could initiate his attack.

Impaling Barbed Death will even kill Arc provided her luck roll fails. Also, Impaling Barbed Death (and probably Death Flight) will turn into a thousand thorns upon impact.

The Spear of Impaling Barbed Death
Rank: B
Type: Anti-personnel
Range: 2-4
Max AOE: 1

The Spear of Striking Death Flight
Range: B+
Type: Anti-battalion
Range: 5-40
Max AOE: 40


I have no idea on the god hand. Range is how far away the opponent can be when using the weapon.
Xanathos
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 201
Joined: December 18th, 2008, 2:49 pm

Unread postby solopy567 » January 14th, 2009, 7:02 pm

I guess this is why in F/HA

Both Bazett and Lancer died when they used Fragrach and Gae Bolg on each other
User avatar
solopy567
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 516
Joined: November 24th, 2008, 7:41 pm

Unread postby Rikh » January 14th, 2009, 11:07 pm

solopy567 wrote:I guess this is why in F/HA

Both Bazett and Lancer died when they used Fragrach and Gae Bolg on each other

Both GAR indeed
tis how the irish finish things
User avatar
Rikh
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 649
Joined: July 19th, 2008, 6:07 pm
Location: Unlimited Taiga Works

Re: NP questions (spoilers, of course)

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » January 15th, 2009, 4:41 am

Catastrophe wrote:2 quick questions....

1) Well... i cant certainly identify the types (anti-personnel, anti-army, barrier and the such) of the NPs, but.... why is God Hand listed as anti-personnel???

2) Zabaniya....as deadly as Gae Bolg??


PS: what is that 'range' ?


1) Anti-personnel means you can only target one person (e.g. Rule Breaker). Anti-army means you may choose multiple targets (e.g. Strike Death Flight). Barrier means it generates a shield over an area either to trap targets or repel targets. God Hand is listed as anti-personnel because it is considered as both a blessing and a curse. Consider it to be "forced upon" Berserker, a curse from the Greek pantheon.

2) Depends. I think Zabaniya checks magic stat and Gae Bolg checks luck stat for hit. However, Gae Bolg is harder to avoid due to the heart-seeking property. You can chop off Tue Assassin's arm as he initiates the attack, but once Lancer lets it rip, death is almost inevitable.
User avatar
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 501
Joined: July 15th, 2007, 2:49 pm

Re: NP questions (spoilers, of course)

Unread postby Rikh » January 15th, 2009, 10:37 am

Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:2 quick questions....

1) Well... i cant certainly identify the types (anti-personnel, anti-army, barrier and the such) of the NPs, but.... why is God Hand listed as anti-personnel???

2) Zabaniya....as deadly as Gae Bolg??


PS: what is that 'range' ?


1) Anti-personnel means you can only target one person (e.g. Rule Breaker). Anti-army means you may choose multiple targets (e.g. Strike Death Flight). Barrier means it generates a shield over an area either to trap targets or repel targets. God Hand is listed as anti-personnel because it is considered as both a blessing and a curse. Consider it to be "forced upon" Berserker, a curse from the Greek pantheon.

2) Depends. I think Zabaniya checks magic stat and Gae Bolg checks luck stat for hit. However, Gae Bolg is harder to avoid due to the heart-seeking property. You can chop off Tue Assassin's arm as he initiates the attack, but once Lancer lets it rip, death is almost inevitable.


you forget Anti-World which is just pwnsauce

btw... if gil won the grail war... wouldn't Archer come back and kill him? Doesnt have to be Archer... just a CG
User avatar
Rikh
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 649
Joined: July 19th, 2008, 6:07 pm
Location: Unlimited Taiga Works

Re: NP questions (spoilers, of course)

Unread postby Shourai » January 15th, 2009, 2:42 pm

Rikh wrote:\btw... if gil won the grail war... wouldn't Archer come back and kill him? Doesnt have to be Archer... just a CG
Winning the War != destroying the entire Earth. If Gil won the War by spamming Enkidu GoB combo, then Archer won't come and interfere. If he intends to use Ea to wipe out everyone, then Archer would.
Shourai
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 218
Joined: March 15th, 2008, 8:30 am

Re: NP questions (spoilers, of course)

Unread postby Rikh » January 15th, 2009, 5:11 pm

Shourai wrote:
Rikh wrote:\btw... if gil won the grail war... wouldn't Archer come back and kill him? Doesnt have to be Archer... just a CG
Winning the War != destroying the entire Earth. If Gil won the War by spamming Enkidu GoB combo, then Archer won't come and interfere. If he intends to use Ea to wipe out everyone, then Archer would.


honestly gil wants everybody to die and create a newer better world...
so even if he wont use Ea... the mass murder would probably summon archer... a like 10x more powerful super archer that is

CG archer > saber me-thinks
User avatar
Rikh
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 649
Joined: July 19th, 2008, 6:07 pm
Location: Unlimited Taiga Works


Return to Fate/stay night Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron