Fate/stay night anime thoughts (spoilers)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Fate/stay night anime thoughts (spoilers)

Unread postby Sepheriel » January 14th, 2009, 12:57 am

I watched the whole show of the anime and I have to say that it was a much better adaptation than Shingetsutan Tsukihime. The directors used very close to the same lines and tried their best to stay as close to the source material as possible. While they did try to get nods at all three routes of the game, I felt that this was a little too ambitious causing the plot stretching you see in the last few episodes with Caster catching Sakura and using her as a Grail catalyst. Other than that I think the anime was actually rather decent and they even took exact images from the game and worked them into the anime, which was nice for nostalgia. For Fate/stay night, and any VN for that matter, I don't think you can create an anime that can compare to the VN itself. To be better, the anime should have been longer since I felt the plot was moving along very fast compared to the VN. The anime was decent and the music was actually really good I thought. If you have the chance to watch it, you should but don't expect the same epicness as the VN and for the love of GOD watch it with subtitles and the original Japanese voices, the English dub is absolutely horrible.

Speaking of the DVDs, does anyone know if the subtitles on the official DVD release in the US are the big, ugly, yellow-subtitles or are they easier on the eyes? Thanks.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby I1nk » January 14th, 2009, 1:08 am

Yes they are big and yellow and have the look as if they were meant to be small, but they were blown up to fit a TV. I don't think that Tsukihime (Still working on the VN though) was bad at all. I kinda liked it. Yes though I do think that Fate/Stay Night anime is way better then Tsukihime.
"Night closed night, other night, night pain, night sink, is night/stay night."
I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread postby aldw » January 14th, 2009, 1:12 am

If the F/SN anime had 52 episodes to work with then it would have been able to cover all the arcs properly, which I find surprising that Hayate no Gotoku for example gets that many episodes but not F/SN.
aldw
Might just like this board

Unread postby Sepheriel » January 14th, 2009, 1:32 am

I1nk wrote:Yes they are big and yellow and have the look as if they were meant to be small, but they were blown up to fit a TV. I don't think that Tsukihime (Still working on the VN though) was bad at all. I kinda liked it. Yes though I do think that Fate/Stay Night anime is way better then Tsukihime.

I'm guessing you own the series? Is it worth a purchase?
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » January 14th, 2009, 1:48 am

Well I own the six disks. Although they are now condenced into a three disk pack due to the redistribution, and it has all of the stuff from the six disks, and I mean all of hte extras. Also, to compare it to the Visual Novel it is since it shows Archer's UBW and in his peak of GAR.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Rikh » January 14th, 2009, 2:13 am

Kid-Wolf wrote:Well I own the six disks. Although they are now condenced into a three disk pack due to the redistribution, and it has all of the stuff from the six disks, and I mean all of hte extras. Also, to compare it to the Visual Novel it is since it shows Archer's UBW and in his peak of GAR.

actually the term Gar originated from a scene in the anime

Yah, the archer vs berserker battle insert was a really nice battle. Although it wasnt in the novel, it was pretty epic
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Xanathos » January 14th, 2009, 2:16 am

I heard about that Tsukihime anime but it turned out to be a a sausagefest. Obviously that means that there isn't a tsukihime anime.
Xanathos
Crack Addic!

Unread postby shirou12 » January 14th, 2009, 2:48 am

because of FSN anime that i learned the FSN visual novel. The anime tries to summarize the 3 routes by picking some scenes. Archer and Berserker's fight really is amazing.
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Rikh » January 14th, 2009, 2:59 am

Xanathos wrote:I heard about that Tsukihime anime but it turned out to be a a sausagefest. Obviously that means that there isn't a tsukihime anime.

i dont know what your talking about... there is no such thing as a Tsukhime anime... stop daydreaming man

but if there was one... it might look like this
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Xamdou » January 14th, 2009, 3:03 am

Rikh wrote:i dont know what your talking about... there is no such thing as a Tsukhime anime... stop daydreaming man

Are you joking or serious? There is Tsukihime anime but only the plot isn't as good as the novel
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Rikh » January 14th, 2009, 3:12 am

Xamdou wrote:
Rikh wrote:i dont know what your talking about... there is no such thing as a Tsukhime anime... stop daydreaming man

Are you joking or serious? There is Tsukihime anime but only the plot isn't as good as the novel

nice job! it certainly looks realistic for a fan-made movie ;)

but of course everybody on this forum knows there is no such thing as a Tsukihime anime

btw if you really dont get what others say, its common to say there is no Tsukihime Anime in a lot of online forums, as the Anime is of no comparison to the Visual Novel... its more like a joke :wink:

:edit: hey guys, i found the Tsukihime anime! it does exist!

looks amazing
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » January 14th, 2009, 3:21 am

Well that
and the anime turned out to be nothing more then a skeleton (not really even that mind you) of what the Visual Novel was like. Most of the action scenes were too short and a lot of things were left unanswered since it felt like there could of been more if they did 24/26 episodes instead of a simple 12. Also, I think this was done without Nasu's knowledge or something like that... I think.

The only up side is they kept Sacchin around, but they made her cry in the end. So isn't it sad Sacchin you get ot live but Shiki doesn't care that much about you in the anime.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Qaynan » January 14th, 2009, 3:31 am

Rikh wrote::edit: hey guys, i found the Tsukihime anime! it does exist!

looks amazing

ROFL! Awesome! Does any of you knows when this is gonna be out?
Na but seriously, the Tsukihime anime is really bad. Even by average anime standards, much less if you compare it to the visual novel. OK it's not horrible (Trust me I've seen much much worse). But really not worth mentioning either. So all of us who actually enjoyed the VN can't just bare to watch that anime.

The Fate Anime on the other was rather good. I just really disliked how Archer was "nerfed" in the anime compared to the VN version.
But other than that... I think they did well considering that an anime can never match the VN unless they animate all 3 routes. Or even better... They should have made it as the long lost Taiga route! lol
Qaynan
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Xamdou » January 14th, 2009, 3:32 am

If they can make the whole visual novel into anime , it might be 100+ episodes?lol
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Rikh » January 14th, 2009, 3:33 am

Xamdou wrote:If they can make the whole visual novel into anime , it might be 100+ episodes?lol

more like 52 episodes...

but if you count Kagetsu Tohya... it might be 100 episodes indeed
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » January 14th, 2009, 6:47 am

If they really did that Neco Arc Movie I'd probably lol so hard I might bust a gut for them doing it and posibably watching it as well. I mean this is Neco-Arc you'd expect something off the wall to begin with.

Oh on a side note they are re-packaging the anime that doesn't exist for some odd reason. Why I really don't know. Although it should have a remake for that. Although speaking of making and remakes. They need to do a Fate/Zero anime once the manga/light novel is completed of course, and they really need to do Fate/Hollow Ataraxia as well, because I really want to hear Bazzett and Karen's voices for once.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Rikh » January 14th, 2009, 8:12 am

Kid-Wolf wrote:If they really did that Neco Arc Movie I'd probably lol so hard I might bust a gut for them doing it and posibably watching it as well. I mean this is Neco-Arc you'd expect something off the wall to begin with.

Oh on a side note they are re-packaging the anime that doesn't exist for some odd reason. Why I really don't know. Although it should have a remake for that. Although speaking of making and remakes. They need to do a Fate/Zero anime once the manga/light novel is completed of course, and they really need to do Fate/Hollow Ataraxia as well, because I really want to hear Bazzett and Karen's voices for once.

id say Zero has a much higher chance of being put into an anime... F/HA's storyline is way too confusing and too off the wall in some scenes to even put into anime

F/Z is highly possible though... it might be like the KnK movies ;)
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Xanathos » January 14th, 2009, 3:47 pm

Like I said I saw that fan made Tsukihime and it was full of dudes. I mean just look at the "girls".
Xanathos
Crack Addic!

Unread postby JLA » January 14th, 2009, 10:59 pm

I also liked the FSN anime and after watching it was compelled to get the VN version and play it in Japanese... soooo difficult! Thank goodness it is translated!
I had the pleasure of working at the company that released it in the US (well.... up until disaster struck at the end of 2008) and liked it so much that I actually bought the DVD's when they came out!
Currently collecting the TOKYOPOP (Yarrr.... another ex company) manga releases as well as the original manga volumes in Japanese.
The manga is pretty good too. Seems to follow the UBW route which happens to be my favorite :)
JLA
Addict

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » January 14th, 2009, 11:53 pm

JLA wrote:I also liked the FSN anime and after watching it was compelled to get the VN version and play it in Japanese... soooo difficult! Thank goodness it is translated!
I had the pleasure of working at the company that released it in the US (well.... up until disaster struck at the end of 2008) and liked it so much that I actually bought the DVD's when they came out!
Currently collecting the TOKYOPOP (Yarrr.... another ex company) manga releases as well as the original manga volumes in Japanese.
The manga is pretty good too. Seems to follow the UBW route which happens to be my favorite :)

Yes and Shirou has somewhat of a backbone in volume 2 when he faces of with Rin at school. Also. I was hoping they would of done the same bit they did in either the anime or Visual Novel for that time at the school between Rin and Shirou. Although it felt rather unique though. Never the less I was supprised that Sakura came around, and also Taiga showing up as well.
Kid-Wolf

Return to Fate/stay night Chat