Saber male version

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Shourai » January 26th, 2009, 12:58 am

sabata2 wrote:PS. I didn't know how such minor changes could make such a convincing male Saber.
It works both ways, actually. :)
Shourai
Crack Addic!

Unread postby HeartCard » January 26th, 2009, 9:51 am

Yeah, upon close inspection you could also very easily just edit Saver into Saber.
The face and hair are surprisingly the same.
The only real difference is their Height and armour.

Armour Difference:

-Saver has Shoulder Arms. Saber just has Puffy Shouldered Clothing.

-Saver's gauntlets are the same. Whereas Saber has one that's different and designed more for "Catching" attacks.

-Saver's skirt is metal-ized in Saber's Case.

So you could saber Saber's Armour is more practical.
Unless the opponent intends to literally disarm Saber(surprisingly no one tries it...).

Either way. Fate would have been the Only Good route if the Saver/Saber pair was used. Since Rin wouldn't exist and a Sakura route is as likely as a Zerker route.

Still, we should put up a petition for Nasu to make a Light Novel about Saver/Saber's grail war. Maybe call it Fate/Original War. Including all the original prototype things in some form or another.
HeartCard
Addict

Unread postby Xamdou » January 26th, 2009, 10:12 am

you forgot to add , the chest size of the armour is different but thats for sure isn't it :wink:
Or is it that you are trying to infer that Saver and Saber's chest size are the same
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » January 26th, 2009, 12:22 pm

HeartCard wrote:-Saver's gauntlets are the same. Whereas Saber has one that's different and designed more for "Catching" attacks.

-Saver's skirt is metal-ized in Saber's Case.

uh... "catching" attacks?
I thought that part of her armor would fare so much better in 'punching' attacks, and the protection of her fingers... Honestly.. I couldnt see 'catching' as a form of attack... either...
And.. Is it just me.. or does Saver's skirt... makes him less gar... He would look so much cooler without the skirt... thing...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby HeartCard » January 26th, 2009, 5:55 pm

Real men wear Skirts.
Fact. Of. Life...And history.

THIS
IS
BRITIAN!!!

And actually, I think the chest size on their armours might be the same. Intentional or otherwise.
Keep in mind that Saber was trying to pretend she was male. Her chest probably shrunk from bandage supression.
Mulan, anyone? Imagine the effects of that over about 20 years...

As for her gauntlets:
If you notice her left gauntlet actually is shaped differently from her right.
The function of her right guantlet is clearly for sworduse, thus the mobility of the fingers and individual finger armouring.
Whereas the other guantlet positions the middle, ring, and pinky fingers together in a single piece of armouring.
The plating on the outer of the guantlet is also more rigged and has special edging at the sides.
The index finger is given seperate armour, the riggedness was toned down, both to allow her to use that hand also with her sword
for support or as an (albeit more clunky) alternate hand to use her sword should her right arm be unusable.
Despite this, the style of the guantlet still strikes me as being more of a "Catch" Guantlet(Actually I believe the actual term is a
"Bracer" Guantlet, but I doubt anyone would have knew what that meant).
In that it catchs blades on it, the fingers can be used to actually block or soften an attack with the thumb to brace them or to
catch the blade(which is why the armouring is on both sides of the fingers in this guantlet's case) with that hand without the attack
possibley breaking or cutting the fingers.

HeartCard, for teh useless knowledges!
HeartCard
Addict

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » January 27th, 2009, 6:38 am

sabata2 wrote:I don't know why but I think that Saver is far cooler than Saber.

And while it would have been weird, I think it would have been interesting to see this story from it's original intended perspective.

PS. I didn't know how such minor changes could make such a convincing male Saber.

I can imagine the story of Fate/Zero being more epic with Saver. Somehow Sabre being a female prevents Gilgamesh from taking her seriously, the evidence lies with Iskander, who was taken as a serious foe by Gilgamesh. Sabre being a female also adds an air of vulnerability. This is advantageous during scenes which the author attempts to conjure up emotions, but proves to be detrimental during scenes which demands serious heavy-duty head-bashing.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Previous

Return to Fate/stay night Chat