Emptiness after finishing the game

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby AlinSabel » January 9th, 2009, 5:20 am

inferno_flamex wrote:HAHAH!

I got myself 2 novels from Mercedes Lackey! XDDD
One of em is from the Valdemar series (a series which I LOOOOVVEEEDDDDD back then in highschool)

And the other is called... *goes to check*... "The Phoenix Unchained".. Apperently its her latest series which had been given great notice... So hmm...
Not sure how im going to react to reading all over again since its been a really long time..

Isn't she the author reputed to insert token homosexual characters into her stories? That aside, I didn't really enjoy reading the few Mercedes Lackey books I have encountered... one in particular was just a rip off of The Beauty and the Beast. :( At least, however, she can claim that she got the whole 'vampires sucking your blood is actually sexy' idea before Meyer.
Totally did not enjoy either series (of Lackey's). Maybe you have some suggestions?
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » January 9th, 2009, 6:59 am

AlinSabel wrote:
inferno_flamex wrote:HAHAH!

I got myself 2 novels from Mercedes Lackey! XDDD
One of em is from the Valdemar series (a series which I LOOOOVVEEEDDDDD back then in highschool)

And the other is called... *goes to check*... "The Phoenix Unchained".. Apperently its her latest series which had been given great notice... So hmm...
Not sure how im going to react to reading all over again since its been a really long time..

Isn't she the author reputed to insert token homosexual characters into her stories? That aside, I didn't really enjoy reading the few Mercedes Lackey books I have encountered... one in particular was just a rip off of The Beauty and the Beast. :( At least, however, she can claim that she got the whole 'vampires sucking your blood is actually sexy' idea before Meyer.
Totally did not enjoy either series (of Lackey's). Maybe you have some suggestions?

Dear Lord! I read a bit of Meyer's Twilight (luckily I didn't pay for it)..... Jesus-Juice, was that fucked up! If you want fantasy, perhaps His Dark Materials trilogy by Phillip Pullman can interest you (Golden Compass/Norther Lights, Subtle Knife and Amber Spyglass). Also, you may want to check out some of Lovecraft's stories (they're quite hyped I say, but sorta interesting nontheless).

Anyway.... yeah, FSN and stuff.... Better get back on topic.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby chrono1991 » January 11th, 2009, 6:39 pm

after finished reading the FSN,i still feel so empty......
at the end of HF good ending,i can see (from left)rider,sakura,rin,shirou...but why the saber is misssing!?

as a saber 's fan,i personally hope that the saber stay still until the end at HF.
chrono1991
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ciel » January 11th, 2009, 7:18 pm

if you beat hf you should know.

saber got corrupted and turned evil. shirou finished her off after rider weakened her to the point she couldn't move
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » January 11th, 2009, 11:23 pm

what are you talking about?

she is there...

you can see her face in the clouds.

did nobody noticed it?

she is saying something like:

"remember Shirou ... 3 minutes or the nuddles will get soggy..."

or something...

NOTE: all this was made up.

where did I get this idea from?
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Wiiown » January 12th, 2009, 12:55 am

Since I have an almost unhealthy addiction to fiction in general, I play more videogames/read books/read more VNs/do whatever when I finish one. Usually I take the lessons or thoughts I learned or considered from any particular anime book or game and move on to others. But specifically after playing F/SN?

I play a bit of BMW every once in a while, still playing persona 4 and F/UC, I bought some forgotten realms books for a series I wanted to finish as well as the second volume of the F/SN manga. I am currently waiting for Street Fighter 4 to hit so I can play that.

Oh, I also am playing Crysis on my PC to fill my shooter needs, my god that game is fucking pretty/epic. And I am currently watching GunXSword for anime.

My recommendation is to simply find other things you like to do in your spare time when not going to school/work or having a social life (I never bothered myself, I am a bit too misanthropic to actually have a social life), great fiction always leaves an impact on your life and you may feel that nothing will reach that level of fun for you again, but you just gotta take whatever the fiction gave you and move on to other stories and eventually you will find more things to enjoy. The empty feeling passes after some time, at least you can be happy you found something so entertaining it left you hollow for a while though eh?
Wiiown
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Acucar11 » January 16th, 2009, 6:09 pm

I wish I could erase selected memories so that I could play a game/watch an anime/read a book again without knowing what's gonna happen =_=

*thinks about Golden Sun, Evangelion, Harry Potter and Fate/stay Night*
Acucar11
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby that one guy » January 16th, 2009, 9:48 pm

Acucar11 wrote:I wish I could erase selected memories so that I could play a game/watch an anime/read a book again without knowing what's gonna happen =_=

This x1,000.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sepheriel » January 16th, 2009, 10:54 pm

that one guy wrote:
Acucar11 wrote:I wish I could erase selected memories so that I could play a game/watch an anime/read a book again without knowing what's gonna happen =_=

This x1,000.

Agreed. I don't know how many times I've wished I could go through the same story experiences over again.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » January 17th, 2009, 1:36 am

Yeah.. Delete all memories regarding those stories...

and watch/read em all over again...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby BlackTornado » January 17th, 2009, 5:07 am

Who wouldn't like that? But as its not really possible, I try to find new (old) stuff. Reading Phantom of inferno now. It is quite good, even though its quite an old title.
fourFyFSIX
BlackTornado
Addict

Unread postby Xanathos » January 17th, 2009, 5:09 am

You could bang your head against the wall into you see red and then try reading. Or you could use Tohno grade brainwashing. It caused Shiki to lose his memories so why can't it work for you?
Xanathos
Crack Addic!

Unread postby nobaka » January 17th, 2009, 5:25 am

Xanathos wrote:You could bang your head against the wall into you see red and then try reading. Or you could use Tohno grade brainwashing. It caused Shiki to lose his memories so why can't it work for you?

Because it involves being impaled through the chest and then revived by a demonic hybrid adoptive sister.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » January 17th, 2009, 12:57 pm

nobaka wrote:
Xanathos wrote:You could bang your head against the wall into you see red and then try reading. Or you could use Tohno grade brainwashing. It caused Shiki to lose his memories so why can't it work for you?

Because it involves being impaled through the chest and then revived by a demonic hybrid adoptive sister.

So where can i find this.. 'demonic hybrid adoptive sister'.. that... (and you forgot to mention) is also madly hopelessly devoted and too darn ummf kawaii moe... to me... her future brother?

Hmm...
Maybe Taka has one within his Gate of imoutos...

~Yo! Taaakaaa-saan!
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

THAR BE HOPE NARBS

Unread postby HeartCard » January 25th, 2009, 10:20 pm

Who wouldn't like that? But as its not really possible

I lol because it's wrong.
There are many methods to surpress and temporarly "Forget" memories.
Hypnosis for one. And obviously, you have to believe it will work for it to work...Actually that works for most anything.

I did a memory purge before re-reading HF after the patch came out.
It's a form of meditation, and it works quite well.
The only problem is every once in awhile you get a VERY BAD sense of Deja Vu.
The other problem is making sure to surpress EVERY highly-related memory.
lol Did that with UBW once. I ruined my efforts by not forgetting that:
Archer shows up at the end to anti-emo.

You should look into Self-Hypnosis or try and figure out Meditation(Don't believe any bullshit.
There is no position, time, NOTHING that restricts meditation. Except what you want to believe.
Albeit, if a time of day is more relaxing for you, try to do it at that time.)

I spent a month looking into self-hypnosis. Couldn't seem to hypnotize myself well enough.
So I decided to just focus on mastering my meditation. Obviously it works...normally.
There is the occasional screw-up on my part. >_<
HeartCard
Addict

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » January 27th, 2009, 6:44 am

Don't give up HeartCard. Self-hypnosis is the first step towards being enlightened in the realm of sorcery. Once you get past that roadblock, you will be able to activate your circuits and channel mana.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Xamdou » January 27th, 2009, 7:01 am

i don't feel anything after playing the game....only feel sad which looking into Emiya's past and how he died...
Is something wrong with me?
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby sabata2 » January 27th, 2009, 8:50 am

abscess wrote:If you want fantasy, perhaps His Dark Materials trilogy by Phillip Pullman can interest you (Golden Compass/Norther Lights, Subtle Knife and Amber Spyglass).

I love you.
Dark Materials is what really got me into novels. I'd highly recommend them for anyone interested in a good read.

As for what I do to get away from F/SN is I write my own story. Planning on publishing it actually.

Now for ACTUAL on topic.
Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:Don't give up HeartCard. Self-hypnosis is the first step towards being enlightened in the realm of sorcery. Once you get past that roadblock, you will be able to activate your circuits and channel mana.

I can vouch.
I already can channel Mana... I just can't turn the damned circuit off, so I can't control it.
More often than not I am stuck with forcing it to become Internal Kinetic Energy or Healing Energy.
Any attempt at using it outside myself and it fizzles.
sabata2
Addict

Unread postby Xamdou » January 27th, 2009, 10:16 am

All men can use strengthening magic , just that it is used at our wrong place if you know what i mean :lol:
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kikuchi » January 27th, 2009, 12:11 pm

Ahaha, you guys are one step behind; I have already developed and mastered my own Reality Marble by the end of the game. :lol:
Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat