Emptiness after finishing the game

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Emptiness after finishing the game

Unread postby Sepheriel » January 6th, 2009, 10:05 pm

I have a question. Why do I feel so empty after finishing fate/stay night? It feels like I went on this really long journey and now it's over. I mean yeah f/ha is getting translated but how long is that going to take to be released? I just don't want it to end to be honest I guess. I guess I'm weird for feeling this way? Your thoughts? I'm not one for reading fan fictions unless you can't tell the difference between it and an actually Nasu written scenario.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby that one guy » January 6th, 2009, 10:26 pm

I hear ya. It's like you feel like something has been accomplished, but now what is there to do? The return to a life without it is too boring and trivial, but there's nothing left to do with it. Me, personally, I got lucky. I found something to do after Fate that I like just as much. Writing. You, however, seem like you need something else that can be as epic and fun as Fate...good luck finding that.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sepheriel » January 6th, 2009, 10:49 pm

that one guy wrote:I hear ya. It's like you feel like something has been accomplished, but now what is there to do? The return to a life without it is too boring and trivial, but there's nothing left to do with it. Me, personally, I got lucky. I found something to do after Fate that I like just as much. Writing. You, however, seem like you need something else that can be as epic and fun as Fate...good luck finding that.

Exactly. I am an English major but I'm not too fond of writing but I also have never written for fun. I've done all of Tsukihime, Plus+Disc and Kagetsu Tohya as well as Utawarerumono, so I'm at a loss. I guess I could play the other VNs that mirror moon has translated.
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Catastrophe » January 6th, 2009, 10:50 pm

wasn't there a thread like this or is my memory playin' tricks....

anyway yeah...what you said
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » January 6th, 2009, 11:37 pm

Well.. If you found any other things to do.. Tell me what is is as well, seph.

Im kinda 'empty' as well after reading FSN... Maybe i'll try and complete BattleMoonWars.

Well.. I've been let down by my role play group so i guess... writing is not really... an option for me anymore.
Maybe its time i get back to 'good ol books'... >_<

Its been years since i've last touched a book ever since i've discovered Visual Novels..
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Sepheriel » January 6th, 2009, 11:57 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:Well.. If you found any other things to do.. Tell me what is is as well, seph.

Im kinda 'empty' as well after reading FSN... Maybe i'll try and complete BattleMoonWars.

Well.. I've been let down by my role play group so i guess... writing is not really... an option for me anymore.
Maybe its time i get back to 'good ol books'... >_<

Its been years since i've last touched a book ever since i've discovered Visual Novels..

Yeah. It's the same for me. Visual Novels are just better than books for me because I actually READ them, with books I just can't get myself to read them. I still have to beat BattleMoonWars as well. I stopped after I thought some HF spoilers were gonna be revealed.
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ailtin » January 7th, 2009, 12:38 am

Sorry for this dumb question but i want to know if i can view this "Last Episode" thing on the PC. I heard after all 40 Tiger Stamps that it will show a scene in Avalon. I have FSN with Realta Nua Patch but i dont find it ? Can someone pls help me ?

Well after i read FSN i am going to read Fate/Zero :D
Ailtin
Might just like this board

Unread postby Sepheriel » January 7th, 2009, 1:37 am

Ailtin wrote:Sorry for this dumb question but i want to know if i can view this "Last Episode" thing on the PC. I heard after all 40 Tiger Stamps that it will show a scene in Avalon. I have FSN with Realta Nua Patch but i dont find it ? Can someone pls help me ?

Well after i read FSN i am going to read Fate/Zero :D

You will not be able to see it with the PC version of the game regardless of having the Realta Nua Patch. Maybe the guy doing the CG patch with implement it but it but you can't view it right now. Also, your question would have been better asked in a different thread.
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby that one guy » January 7th, 2009, 1:52 am

Same here regarding VN's. The only book I've read since my discovery was A Game of Thrones, and that was pretty "Meh." Not enough freaking happened. To be fair though, before that pretty much all I read was Three Kingdoms stuff and LOTR stuff.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby shirou12 » January 7th, 2009, 3:25 am

After i finish the FSN I try to play other VSNs like princess waltz.

But most of the time, I play online games and watch animes. Our vacation is longer than i expected.
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Rikh » January 7th, 2009, 5:09 am

shirou12 wrote:After i finish the FSN I try to play other VSNs like princess waltz.

But most of the time, I play online games and watch animes. Our vacation is longer than i expected.

princess waltz is very similar to Fate in a large amount of ways
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby dj898 » January 7th, 2009, 5:10 am

Ailtin wrote:Sorry for this dumb question but i want to know if i can view this "Last Episode" thing on the PC. I heard after all 40 Tiger Stamps that it will show a scene in Avalon. I have FSN with Realta Nua Patch but i dont find it ? Can someone pls help me ?

try to search on YouTube. ^ ^
There are couple of video posted.

it's basically the bonus ending for Fate/Stay route. Upon her death Saber wished to see Shirou and Merlin replied although it's impossible to happen if two miracles do happen it might... from memory that miracles were one waiting for the eternity and the other trying(?) for eternity...
at the end Shirou/Archer finally arrived Avalon where Saber has been waiting for him. The first word Shirou said when he saw Saber was "I'm home, Saber" upon which Saber replied "Yes, welcome home, Shirou"... well that's what I remember form that scene and I may got things mixed up little~ ^ ^
dj898
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Sepheriel » January 7th, 2009, 5:12 am

shirou12 wrote:After i finish the FSN I try to play other VSNs like princess waltz.

Has Princess Waltz been translated or has it been licensed for US release?
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Rikh » January 7th, 2009, 5:18 am

Sepheriel wrote:

Has Princess Waltz been translated or has it been licensed for US release?

depends on your morals =P

Its been licensed...
although a game incredibly like utawarerumo (Tears to Tiara) is a publicly translated game
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby that one guy » January 7th, 2009, 5:43 am

I would say forget Princess Waltz. It's like Fate, but dumbed down to the point of you don't even want to bother anymore, and at a certain point the story just stalls. Not to mention the only decent card battle system was severly underutilized to make the game different.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » January 7th, 2009, 6:53 am

The emptiness is felt by everyone who finished it. Now I know how Ryougi Shiki feels. >_<

Setting (my lame) jokes aside, it's not much of a big deal because there always something else to do after finishing one thing.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby inferno_flamex » January 7th, 2009, 11:57 am

HAHAH!

I got myself 2 novels from Mercedes Lackey! XDDD
One of em is from the Valdemar series (a series which I LOOOOVVEEEDDDDD back then in highschool)

And the other is called... *goes to check*... "The Phoenix Unchained".. Apperently its her latest series which had been given great notice... So hmm...
Not sure how im going to react to reading all over again since its been a really long time..
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby shirou12 » January 7th, 2009, 12:28 pm

well for me, princess waltz only did similar in first part but on later not actually i like it.

Lets just wait for the next VSN of type moon or the remake version of tsuki.
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Raven » January 9th, 2009, 4:47 am

Well, honestly it's probably F/SN is one of its kind and it gonna be a long while for another one of similar to be written ... and another long while for it to get translated (in the order of a few years). When you think of it it's rather depressing really. It's like finishing Metal Gear Solid 4 and you know the standard it sets will take a few year to be met, and stuff like F/SN is even rarer than that.

I'm glad that the 3 routes are radically different so I don't have problem re-read them here and there as I always do. Other than that the only last game I'm expecting is Family Project, there is virtually no other game in JAST line up that I'm interested.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby KratosIrving » January 9th, 2009, 4:58 am

that one guy wrote:I hear ya. It's like you feel like something has been accomplished, but now what is there to do? The return to a life without it is too boring and trivial, but there's nothing left to do with it. Me, personally, I got lucky. I found something to do after Fate that I like just as much. Writing. You, however, seem like you need something else that can be as epic and fun as Fate...good luck finding that.

Basically, that's what I wound up doing, writing my Cooled Ambitions fanfic. I hate writing about stuff you have to write about, and just about everything my English teachers and professors forced upon me wasn't interesting. Honestly, writing a 10,000 word essay isn't difficult if the subject material can grab you. If it doesn't, I'm screwed. 8)
KratosIrving
<3 *rip* *splurt*

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat