Heaven's Feel is great in an unexpected way.

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Heaven's Feel is great in an unexpected way.

Unread postby Raven » January 5th, 2009, 12:56 am

About 6 months ago I started playing World of Warcraft and to be honest, I probably developed an addiction to it. I played several other games in parallel with it during this time period but WoW still draw me in much more and I pretty much neglected other games. I had 2 games that I bought but didn't even open, which is something really unthinkable before playing wow. I even neglected the heaven's feel patch when it comes out, did not even bother to get it even I knew it was finished. (For those who can still remember me, WoW is the main reason for the my lack of appearance for the last 6 months or so since the post launch of UBW)

So ... I think it was the week before I finally decide to give HF a go in waiting for the week to end (I finished everything I can possibly do in WoW until the Tuesday's reset). And, for the first time in 6 months, the whole week went by without me touching WoW at all. You know it, because HF practically got me hook. The story was beyond anything I was expecting even though I already know the premise of it, in short it's super fantastic even comparing to WoW. I spent all of my spare time reading, even skip a few meals here and there until I finished, and at the end I still feel I didnt have enough. After that, I think "this's not too bad", so I went out and bought Persona 4 and that adds another week without wow (just finished a few days ago). So after a few ... contemplation I finally unsubscribed WoW. I'm buying X3: Terran Conflict off Steam right now, and I still have the urge to read Fate/Stay Night again here and there.

So yeah, I think I have HF to thank for breaking away from WoW, to me it is really that great. Now I start having renew interests and other games. Thank you mirrormoon, thank you takajun, love you guys :oops:
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » January 5th, 2009, 12:04 pm

Yeah.. I was wondering afew weeks back..

"Where was that guy with the Growlanser HoW avatar?"...
Haha.. I specifically remembered you because the main of Growlanser was my first choice for an avatar on this site.. Back then..

But well.. Welcome back then! XD

PS..
I've heard you've got Persona 4 as well...

Read my siggie then.. LOL!
Im waiting for a good avatar to be relaesed by the persona team.. XD
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » January 5th, 2009, 6:51 pm

Good. Only 10,999,999 to go. Just you wait Blizzard.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Sepheriel » January 5th, 2009, 10:50 pm

LMFAO. I just finished HF after like 4 days of straight playing (mind you I slept and ate of course; slept to much actually). Yeah I play WoW as well and I don't want to play for like a week. I think fate/stay night is just a higher degree of entertainment, in every sense, compared to WoW, so going back to playing is kinda just dull.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » January 5th, 2009, 11:36 pm

lol
This is so surreal! I never thought of FSN being able to get people off the hook of mmo's!
Congrats on that one, man!

Atriel wrote:Good. Only 10,999,999 to go. Just you wait Blizzard.
Actually, just you wait until the fabled release of SC2 ;)
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Gumaster » January 5th, 2009, 11:42 pm

It's not just mmos. I finished HF in two days flat, completely neglecting any sort of study for my exams on those days/the days after.
It was worth it i say...although I haven't gotten my results back yet
Gumaster
Might just like this board

Unread postby gunwarrior » January 6th, 2009, 12:50 am

To be honest, I didn't like HF as much as the other routes, not much happens until about 3/4 in. About from 1/2 to 3/4 in its pretty deppressing too. But the last parts have some good moments though.
Cmon, Kotomine literally splattered Zouken accross an entire wall
gunwarrior
Addict

Unread postby Atriel » January 6th, 2009, 1:29 am

abscess wrote:Actually, just you wait until the fabled release of SC2 ;)

Yeah... actually, i'm saving cash to get a new PC so i can play it ._.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » January 6th, 2009, 2:23 am

Atriel wrote:
abscess wrote:Actually, just you wait until the fabled release of SC2 ;)

Yeah... actually, i'm saving cash to get a new PC so i can play it ._.

Just you wait for the fabled fan translation release of FHA...

*prays*

>_<

LOL!
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Sepheriel » January 6th, 2009, 9:14 am

gunwarrior wrote:To be honest, I didn't like HF as much as the other routes, not much happens until about 3/4 in. About from 1/2 to 3/4 in its pretty deppressing too. But the last parts have some good moments though.

Yeah I have to admit that Kotomine was pretty badass escaping from the Einzbern castle and when he was fighting against Hassan and Zouken. Though he still ended up being "evil" in the end.
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » January 6th, 2009, 2:11 pm

^Seph... I know during the time of that post you're tired and all...

But plz spoiler this fact before you get in trouble again will ya?

~EDIT~

Or Raven.. could you plz add the Spoiler tag in the topic for him?
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » January 6th, 2009, 2:43 pm

I second inferno.
Really, it's a little tricky to talk about one's opinion in an un-tagged thread...
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Ailtin » January 6th, 2009, 5:22 pm

Sepheriel wrote:
gunwarrior wrote:To be honest, I didn't like HF as much as the other routes, not much happens until about 3/4 in. About from 1/2 to 3/4 in its pretty deppressing too. But the last parts have some good moments though.

Yeah I have to admit that Kotomine was pretty badass escaping from the Einzbern castle and when he was fighting against Hassan and Zouken. Though he still ended up being "evil" in the end.

Kotomine surprised me in that part too :D
I thought he would get killed by Sakura then but i think he was really lucky there xD
Ailtin
Might just like this board

Unread postby Raven » January 6th, 2009, 7:00 pm

Well honestly before I started, it was my original intention that I probably wouldn't touch HF at all for several reasons.

- I am (was) only interest in Saber and Rin, I don't like Sakura before this TBH.
- I have a strong affliction to Saber, and I know she gets the axe in this route

So I came to HF pretty much with a "don't have anything else to do" attitude (don't skin me, I know lots of Sakura fan on here). However like I said it went beyond all what I expected. If in the previous routes the main heroin was the attraction of the entire story, pretty much all the characters in this routes are the attractions to this story and have their shinning time. Sakura, Saber, Rin, Kotomine, Shirou ...etc... all so flesh out. Yeah the mood get a lot darker in this route but I think for some reason it's where the charm coming from.

I'm preparing for my gradschool so honestly I was worry about what to do with my addiction to WoW. So yeah again, this is definitely an awesome turn of event. :P
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby VoidAvesta » January 6th, 2009, 9:05 pm

Raven wrote:pretty much all the characters in this routes are the attractions to this story and have their shinning time. Sakura, Saber, Rin, Kotomine, Shirou ...etc... all so flesh out. Yeah the mood get a lot darker in this route but I think for some reason it's where the charm coming from.

Not Gilgamesh he just got you know...
Community Crucis member: Angra Mainyu
Beasts Lair member: Angra Maniyu :p
Melty Bread member: Kyokushi
VoidAvesta
Addict

Unread postby Uberoy » January 6th, 2009, 9:25 pm

VoidAvesta wrote:Not Gilgamesh he just got you know...

The sadest part of FSN, really. :cry:
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby solopy567 » January 6th, 2009, 9:31 pm

It was overall very interesting, but I didn't like the shadow at all. It was overpowered.

Eating servants and turning them evil. gah!
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Sepheriel » January 12th, 2009, 8:36 pm

I have a question and I don't want to start a new thread for it so I'll ask it here.
Why does Rider disguise herself as Rin and have sex with Shiro? I know he is dreaming (I think) so I am just confused as to the whole situation behind it.
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Zensunni » January 12th, 2009, 9:05 pm

Playing an MMO is like killing time, but reading a good VN is like quality time. They don't compare.
Zensunni
Addict

Unread postby inferno_flamex » January 13th, 2009, 3:06 am

Sepheriel wrote:I have a question and I don't want to start a new thread for it so I'll ask it here.
Why does Rider disguise herself as Rin and have sex with Shiro? I know he is dreaming (I think) so I am just confused as to the whole situation behind it.

I think its more like a succubus.

... To think one in particular.. That would be Len in Tsukihime (remember the part where you're given a choice of 'who would come?')

So if rider NEEDS magical energy.. the way she needs to extract it... It would be a wise decision for her to take the form of 'the girl whom the boy likes'...
And in turn gets to extract the energy the fastest way possible since the boy is already.. fantasiizng.. XDDD
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat