HF ending - shirou (Spoilers)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

HF ending - shirou (Spoilers)

Unread postby bloodyfart » December 27th, 2008, 10:58 pm

Alright I'm having a tough time trying to figure out what the hell is going on with shirou and his body, like with the remote control and things like that, and how shirou was "different" when rider found him, call me dense but, i don't get why sakura blushes at the part where they talk about shirou's parts are not functioning properly.

Oh and also, did anyone find HF normal end to be depressing as hell? :(
bloodyfart
Posting more than n00bs

Re: HF ending - shirou

Unread postby Kansho » December 27th, 2008, 11:04 pm

bloodyfart wrote:
Alright I'm having a tough time trying to figure out what the hell is going on with shirou and his body, like with the remote control and things like that, and how shirou was "different" when rider found him, call me dense but, i don't get why sakura blushes at the part where they talk about shirou's parts are not functioning properly.

Nothing really strange. Like Rin ends saying, "he's the same old Emiya Shirou". It's only that he got a new body. The "remote control" thing it's more a metaphor used by Rin to explain the link between the human souls and their bodies, showing them as two different linked entities.

Sakura blushes because... well, he probably has "better" stuff. That kind of stuff that you notice in bed, you know.

And yeah, Normal End is depressing as hell.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Amhran » December 28th, 2008, 12:45 am

My question is what does Shiro use the last bit of magic in the pendant to cast?
Amhran
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Xamdou » December 28th, 2008, 3:41 am

Amhran wrote:
My question is what does Shiro use the last bit of magic in the pendant to cast?
don't really think they said anything about him using the last bit of mana left inside the pendant iirc
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Re: HF ending - shirou

Unread postby Levethix » December 28th, 2008, 5:17 am

bloodyfart wrote:

I actualy quite liked it. It is sad, but it does fit how the story was progressing. but then again I found the ending where shirou defeats saber and loses himself while doing it better just because it was so freaking beautiful.
Levethix
Might just like this board

Unread postby Kenzu » December 28th, 2008, 10:50 am

I remember we discussed this in "Heaven's Feel discussion" page 15, but since the thread no longer exists I might as well post this again.
Shirou's soul was revived and then transferred into Ilya's body when she used the Third Sorcery. "The container's a bit cheap (lacking), I can only use my own body, so I can't reproduce it fully". This would mean that when Shirou's soul is put into Ilya's body, Shirou's body wouldn't match his original body.
Here's about the soul: "Once you give it a container or a body, the soul manifested by the Third Sorcery will take perfect form". Because Ilya's Sorcery wasn't perfect, Shirou had Ilya's body size. Got it from here: "The Shirou Rider found was just a bit different from the Shirou we knew", "It's not like he'd grow if we watered him".

As for the magical energy left in the pendant, I think Shirou used it to draw strength into his body that was inside the Grail in order to get to the surface that was close. Ilya entered the Grail and her soul filled the Grail's power to perform a miracle, but her body remained inside.

Shirou reached out and lost conscioussness when some of his body was out of the water. In the epilogue it is mentioned that when Rider found Shirou "she picked him up... No, it was more like she plucked him out"
that would mean he was "plucked out of the Grail".

There were also speculations if Shirou's soul was transferred inside Rin's jewel, but this is wrong, because he wouldn't be holding it in his hand if he were inside it.

With backup from Kansho we concluded that Shirou was floating in the water of Ryudou Lake that flooded the cave. Most probably in one of the pieces of the Holy Grail.

The question that is still hard to answer would be:
"How did they move Shirou's soul into another body?" It was said that:
"Once you give it a container or a body, the soul manifested by the Third Sorcery will take perfect form. It's the genes of the soul, not those of the body."
"Souls can be put in the bodies to give them life, but the souls will be fixed to the body in exchange".
Shirou's soul overwrote Ilya's body so his soul should be bound to it.
Perhaps Ilya bound Shirou's soul to her body in a way so that Rin could move it somewhere else later. She did say: "You'll be back (to your old self) in no time if you and Rin keep trying".
It could also be that Shirou gained the ability to transfer his soul when the Third Sorcery was used. Rin did say "Well, he didn't need our help in the first place".

I have some more stuff to post, but I'll do it later.

Normal End IS depressing as hell. No arguments there. Especially when I first saw it.
I cheered myself up with the True End :)
Last edited by Kenzu on January 2nd, 2009, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenzu
Addict

Unread postby Undream » December 29th, 2008, 12:44 am

Heh...
Can you imagine...If Heavens Feel only had one one, like Fate?
Said ending being the normal one? That would have been so -insert fitting word here-!
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode
Undream
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Sepheriel » January 5th, 2009, 10:57 pm

Undream wrote:Heh...
Can you imagine...If Heavens Feel only had one one, like Fate?
Said ending being the normal one? That would have been so -insert fitting word here-!

I was so depressed by the "Fate" ending (and when I say depressed, I do mean depressed. I bet if I played it again I would still cry my eyes out.) If Heavens Feel had just the normal ending, god, I would fly to Japanese and kill Nasu Kinoko.

I understand why the HF True Ending was the way it way. No more Holy Grail Wars will happen and nothing related to its function was left to linger. Sakura lived (thank god I though Shiro was going to have to kill her at the end out of pity or her going insane or something) and Rider is just chilling now. I DO, however think it is beyond unfair for each of the other two main heroines to have a good ending and Saber not have one. I know about the ending in Realta Nua, but that doesn't quite do it for me. It would have been better if she did live and then they both died way later and THEN ended up in Avalon. I'm so glad Rin changed her mind at the very end cause she was really pissing me off with her attitude towards Sakura and I REALLY couldn't stand Shiro's total obliviousness to Sakura at points.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » January 6th, 2009, 12:09 am

Sepheriel, by posting spoilers in an unmasked thread you are in violation of rule number 5. Consider this an official warning.

Also I've tagged the entire thread as spoiler zone.

Unread postby Sepheriel » January 6th, 2009, 9:15 am

Message wrote:Sepheriel, by posting spoilers in an unmasked thread you are in violation of rule number 5. Consider this an official warning.

Also I've tagged the entire thread as spoiler zone.

OH sorry, I thought that there was already a spoiler tag for this thread. I was pretty tired writing this so I blame that. Won't happen again.
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ciel » January 6th, 2009, 12:24 pm

the topic title itself "HF ending" served as a spoiler tag i'd think. i mean, talking about the ending of the last route certainly sounds like it's full of hf spoilers. :o
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sepheriel » January 6th, 2009, 10:01 pm

Ciel wrote:the topic title itself "HF ending" served as a spoiler tag i'd think. i mean, talking about the ending of the last route certainly sounds like it's full of hf spoilers. :o

That's what I thought :P
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » January 7th, 2009, 8:49 am

I agree that someone spoiling himself by reading an untagged thread called "HF ending" is probably an idiot, but spoiler tags are the system we use, so stick to that please.

Unread postby Raven » January 9th, 2009, 8:46 pm

I got to the normal ending before the true ending, and it's funny.

Basically I was using the flow chart, and I already know the last scene and what happen in the true ending before playing the game. So I thought

Cherry Blossom's Dream was the true ending. Since I know in that ending all of them go see the Cherry Blossom.

And I know it's written on the chart but at that point I have no classification of True or Normal ending, rather than just my vision of a happy ending and a sad ending.

Damn it almost felt like whoever doing that flowchart was pulling my leg.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby CrimsonMoonMist » January 9th, 2009, 9:30 pm

I also got normal before true (didn't use any guide) reason was after reading through all that epic-ness i was like "RAAAAAAHHHH LETS DO IT!!!!!" :)
CrimsonMoonMist
Might just like this board

Unread postby that one guy » January 9th, 2009, 11:00 pm

Same here. I honestly thought I'd get a bad end if I didn't save Rider like that. I'm actually kind of glad, because it made the True Ending so much better and gave me a great end to F/SN.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Return to Fate/stay night Chat