Best way to kill a Servant(might contain spoiler)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Choose one?

Exorcise
No votes
Figth servant with servant
4%
write down name on Death note?lol
22%
contact hell girl >_>
No votes
nuke the whole city
7%
snipe the master/servant
48%
i don't really care , this is a stupid question
19%

Total votes : 27

Unread postby Watashimo » December 30th, 2008, 6:47 am

abscess wrote:@Wata
Hmm... yeh, sounds plaussible. I only thought that, somehow, time repeats itself (?) and some stuff happens again and again and others not. So I suppose that Archer was the Shirou from another loop while this Shirou dones't necessarily have to do the same stuff. Of course, I don't have any basis for this theory, just some ideas.

This same paradox is used in various other series, Terminator and Ever17 are prime examples.

Yea, but thats why I don't think its even possible to travel through time. Even if you could, it wouldn't make a difference as all of time is set in stone and the notion of free will is an illusion. If you could travel through time, time would have to be written already. If time is written already, then time already knew about you going back in time or forward in time, and all of the changes you may make were already written into the original plan and as such, a paradox doesn't exist and nothing changes. I merely think that time travel is impossible no matter how you look at it.
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » December 30th, 2008, 9:43 am

Well, that is obvious. Physics (as far as I know) and I agree with you, time travel can't happen. But we are discussing literature, entertainment literature. One can only allow so much science into a fictitous world plagued with magical inconsistencies. Unless we are talking about a world strictly bound to the laws of nature and not laws that seem to contradict themselves and make no sense some times probably due to lack of attention by the creator, the hard-science's meaty parts have to be left at the entrance.

Now, following my (possibly Physics raping) idea of the "looping time", time isn't necessarily "written in stone" but follows a path made by chance (Probability). Meaning that it follows what is most likely to happen. That doesn't mean that A -> B -> C happens all of the time, but with certain prerequisites met, or just by the sheer randomness nature of it, A -> C -> B could happen, also A -> B -> R and Q -> F -> C would be valid events. Just taking into account that the chance of A-> B -> C is higher that that of Q -> F -> C or any other (sorry, no uniform distribution of probability, mate) is enough and, as far as I've thought, could be held valid in most cases..... I'm such a nerd :lol:
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby logos » December 30th, 2008, 9:48 am

Watashimo wrote:
abscess wrote:@Wata
Hmm... yeh, sounds plaussible. I only thought that, somehow, time repeats itself (?) and some stuff happens again and again and others not. So I suppose that Archer was the Shirou from another loop while this Shirou dones't necessarily have to do the same stuff. Of course, I don't have any basis for this theory, just some ideas.

This same paradox is used in various other series, Terminator and Ever17 are prime examples.

Yea, but thats why I don't think its even possible to travel through time. Even if you could, it wouldn't make a difference as all of time is set in stone and the notion of free will is an illusion. If you could travel through time, time would have to be written already. If time is written already, then time already knew about you going back in time or forward in time, and all of the changes you may make were already written into the original plan and as such, a paradox doesn't exist and nothing changes. I merely think that time travel is impossible no matter how you look at it.

that is all assuming that the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics is incorrect, if the many worlds theory is true then that dosent apply since all that can happen will happen and there is an infinite number of pasts and futures. which means that the time travelers actions will simply split the timestream again. :wink:
logos
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Xamdou » December 30th, 2008, 10:33 am

But besides Servants , time traveling is like sorcery which only very very few is able of doing
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » December 30th, 2008, 10:49 am

raitei's easy, everyone-can-do-it steps to time travel :

1. die a heroic death or commit suicide and make a pact with the world ( the point is, have your soul recorded in throne of heroes )
2. get summoned by a master in a fuyuki grail war or any shaman / spirit master.
3. seek out the hero in question and kill him / her while s/he is still a baby.
4. ????
5. profit!

note : steps 3 and the rest are optional. the point is to time travel.

on topic : is there a more effective way to finish off servants than death note? professor xavier's machine, perhaps?
Last edited by Raitei on December 30th, 2008, 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Xamdou » December 30th, 2008, 10:50 am

Raitei wrote:raitei's easy, everyone-can-do-it steps to time travel :

1. die a heroic death or commit suicide and make a pact with the world ( the point is, have your soul recorded in throne of heroes )
2. get summoned by a master in a fuyuki grail war or any shaman / spirit master.
3. seek out the hero in question and kill him / her while s/he is still a baby.
4. ????
5. profit!
4th is , become Hiro Nakamura!!
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Previous

Return to Fate/stay night Chat