The Sad Story Of My Playthrough. [full spoilers]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

The Sad Story Of My Playthrough. [full spoilers]

Unread postby MaruKyuu » December 20th, 2008, 2:56 am

The first time I saw him, I knew he would be my favorite character. The delicious smirk, the wonderful aura of confidence, and the strange feeling of not knowing how to really respond to him. The first time I laid my eyes upon him, I was captivated. He was my favorite. It wasn't even close. I don't know why I liked the guy. I just liked him. And I hoped he would have a major part. Of course, Fate/stay Night wasn't a yaoi, so I couldn't hope for an actual path or anything like it. I have to get doujins for that. But I just hoped I'd see him again. And I did.

I never liked the Fate path. Anger boiled up in me toward Ilya. That little... My favorite character, brutally turned into mush by an insane Master. I felt sick. Sick of what happened, and sick that I could do nothing to stop it. Ilya quickly dropped in my character rankings. Like a rock.

After the sadness of Fate, I got into UBW. Now, UBW was better. Nothing lifted my hearts than of hearing of Shinji's happy fate in the conclusion. UBW would quickly become my favorite path. Both for my lovely Shinji, and because of the sheer GARness of Unlimited Blade Works. "DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH SWORDS, KING OF HEROES?". I loved that path. The ending was nice, I felt accomplished and happy that I could save my favorite character, and it just felt happy and satisfying.

But than Heaven's Feel got me. Now, yeah, I was a bit conflicted. Not everything Shinji did necessarily made me comfortable, but he was still my favorite. To see him manipulated by Zouken tugged at my heartstrings. Bad. And than to see the rather undignified end he got...blech. Heaven's Feel was a tearjerker. I felt like I was reading Nana's Everyday Life. Shinji was my woobie. :p

I was glad to see Shinji get a nice important role in most of the paths, but I was horrified to hear that Heaven's Feel was the 'canon' ending. It feels unsatisfying. So unsatisfying. Everyone gets a happy ending except Shinji. It's just not fair. I want my happy ending for Shinji! Isn't it sad, Shinji?
MaruKyuu
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Raitei » December 20th, 2008, 3:11 am

first time I see a man ne-gar for shinji. 8)

don't worry mate, you have my support. 8)
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Atriel » December 20th, 2008, 6:47 am

I think this is not a man, but a woman. Maybe.

For a second i thought maybe MaruKyuu was talking about Lancer. Just for a second.

Oh yeah. Welcome, first and probably only Shinji fan. :lol:
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby that one guy » December 20th, 2008, 6:58 am

First I thought Lancer. Then Archer....but Shinji? I won't complain or anything, that's your choice but....I just can't approve of this person. I don't know why....oh wait, I do. Shinji....just....I don't get it man. I just don't get it.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Xamdou » December 20th, 2008, 8:49 am

Good ending for Shinji??Well , try Fate Hollow Ataraxia?
Shinji didn't play much role but at least he didn't have a sad ending nor dead end >_<
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Rikh » December 20th, 2008, 10:24 am

i liked Shinjis character a lot, he was really necessary
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Ciel » December 20th, 2008, 10:46 am

Everyone gets a happy ending except Shinji. It's just not fair.
hey we could say the same about ilya. of course if you didn't hate her so much.

she dies in hf too, in ubw her heart's ripped out by gilgamesh while you just watch it and only in fate she survives, at least for another year when she'll die anyway and there's no way to save her. ;_;
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Xamdou » December 20th, 2008, 10:49 am

Why no one pity Kotomine Kirei????
He is abit pitiful too since his wife died and he was like , left with nothing . Everyone survived at F/HA , including Shinji and only Kirei is dead .......
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » December 20th, 2008, 12:38 pm

Ciel wrote:
Everyone gets a happy ending except Shinji. It's just not fair.
hey we could say the same about ilya. of course if you didn't hate her so much.

she dies in hf too, in ubw her heart's ripped out by gilgamesh while you just watch it and only in fate she survives, at least for another year when she'll die anyway and there's no way to save her. ;_;
ilya got a "true ending" in hf... and a "good ending" in fate. also, she's as good as having her own happiness in f/ha. (while shinji's not. living in fear of sakura? wtf?)

Xamdou wrote:Why no one pity Kotomine Kirei????
He is abit pitiful too since his wife died and he was like , left with nothing . Everyone survived at F/HA , including Shinji and only Kirei is dead .......
kirei's so gar he doesn't need our pity... or good ending. 8)
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Ciel » December 20th, 2008, 12:45 pm

yeah but
shinji survives in ubw and lives on.

ilya dies in every single route, even in fate. she has a time limit on her life span after all. i don't call death happy or good
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby solopy567 » December 20th, 2008, 1:04 pm

Ciel wrote:yeah but
shinji survives in ubw and lives on.

ilya dies in every single route, even in fate. she has a time limit on her life span after all. i don't call death happy or good

I dont think she dies.

According to Rin, Ilya's condition gets worse as long as the War continues.

At the end of Fate, she is still alive in the Emiya household.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Ciel » December 20th, 2008, 1:07 pm

yeah, but as far as i remember either hf or fha explains that
no matter what, illya had only one more year of life after the events in fsn
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Altima of the Gates » December 20th, 2008, 2:26 pm

Wellll, if you think about it, he could have spent time with his daughter and had a happy end, he didn't HAVE to participate is HF 4, after all.

Also, about Shinji:
The ending in UBW was pretty much the happiest he'll get beside the looping world of hollow. Now, if Shirou and Rin had found out everything he did to Sakura....well you'd see how fast that ending would turn sour...so basically, he was still intact and not harmed in any fashion, only needed some time in the hospital for recovery, and most importantly, Sakura forgave him. So its happy enough, maybe they'll understand each other a little more, since he now knows what its like to be a grail (for a few hours rather than 11 years, but lets not split hairs).
Altima of the Gates
Might just like this board

Unread postby Raitei » December 20th, 2008, 3:22 pm

Altima of the Gates wrote:

Wellll, if you think about it, he could have spent time with his daughter and had a happy end, he didn't HAVE to participate is HF 4, after all.
if you're talking about pre-hf4, yes, he had the choice. but participating in hf4 was his way of finding himself for a void man such as kirei. just like shirou, in a different sense.

if you're talking about post / during hf4, there's no turning back. kirei's wife killed herself anyway.

Also, about Shinji:
The ending in UBW was pretty much the happiest he'll get beside the looping world of hollow. Now, if Shirou and Rin had found out everything he did to Sakura....well you'd see how fast that ending would turn sour...so basically, he was still intact and not harmed in any fashion, only needed some time in the hospital for recovery, and most importantly, Sakura forgave him. So its happy enough, maybe they'll understand each other a little more, since he now knows what its like to be a grail (for a few hours rather than 11 years, but lets not split hairs).
who stated that? just because sakura didn't brought the subject doesn't mean she forgave him you know.

/thread dedicated to shinji 8)
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby MaruKyuu » December 20th, 2008, 5:28 pm

Well, I guess it's kind of Negar. I like Shinji's personality. He seems very cute. Even when he squirms, he gives off this atmosphere of moe moe. The kind that makes you want to hug him and say it's going to be all ok. :(
MaruKyuu
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » December 20th, 2008, 5:40 pm

Ok now that we created another GAR-like word I have to ask this can someone explain the deinition for Ne-GAR now to me, just so I can be clear on that of course.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Nerroth » December 20th, 2008, 5:57 pm

I can't believe there's such a fucking love-in for a serial abuser and rapist like him.

Next I'll be hearing how tragically misunderstood those armed rape-gangs in the Congo are - or how Fritzl was actually a victim, since Hitler made him do it.

*sighs*

And

I'm quite glad to be able to serve post-UBW Shinji a degree of justice in AMoT... for what little it's worth.
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Damienthedevil » December 20th, 2008, 6:13 pm

i CAN'T believe it!!! Shinji actually got a FAN?!?! Well not to criticize anyone's taste but i think you might be the one and only Shinji fan. He IS a serial rapist and sexual abuser. Anyway regarding Shinji's happy end....
i think UBW's ending would probably be the best end for a bastard like him...He did survive after all. I'm more saddened about Ilya. Ilya had no chance of living, no salvation.... But at least in HF's true end she can die peacefully as she wanted; to die protecting her onii-chan. In UBW, i was practically shocked, no, seriously shocked when Gilgamesh just ripped out her heart like that! He didn't even let her die painlessly!! He let her suffer!! Hates Gilgamesh more than Shinji but Shinji still ranks second in hate list (Gilgamesh is 1st)
Damienthedevil
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Nerroth » December 20th, 2008, 6:22 pm

Well...

In AMoT, I theorised that like with Kiritsugu after the 4th HF, the Grail exposure means that post-UBW Shinji will gradually waste away - although that's just my interpretation.

Not that I let him get away quite so easily, mind you...
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby that one guy » December 20th, 2008, 8:30 pm

Sign me up for the "Brutally kill that bastard known as Matou Shinji" club. Seriously hate that guy.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat