Question about the translation patch

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Question about the translation patch

Unread postby solopy567 » December 17th, 2008, 3:53 pm

The translation patch says in order to install F/SN with the voices from Realta Nua, you need the Realta Nua disk.

My question is, how is it possible to have both disks in the computer at the same time? (Unless its a multi tray computer)
How is this supposed to work on a laptop?

Or does the patch look for the voice file?

Im just wondering, any help would be appreciated.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » December 17th, 2008, 4:36 pm

hmm, I think it's quite simple. first, you install the translation patch with the original cd for pc version, just to install the translation without the voice. un-tick the rn voice patch option.

next, remove the pc version cd re-run the installer with the ps2 rn disc inside just to extract the voices. then, leave your computer to extract for a while ( should take about 1-2 hour, and if you see an outrageous 14 hours and the likes, disable your firewall and antivirus; their scanning makes it unbearably slow )and voila! you're good to go.

in short : try doing the translation patch and voice patch installation separately.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby solopy567 » December 17th, 2008, 4:59 pm

So you MUST have the ps2 disk to install the voice patch, not only the voice file?
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Message » December 17th, 2008, 5:08 pm

solopy567 wrote:So you MUST have the ps2 disk to install the voice patch, not only the voice file?

Yes, but please note that Raitei is incorrect: When creating a new (voiced) install, you do not need to run the installer twice if you only have one DVD drive. The installer will ask you to insert the RN disc at the appropriate time, when it is finished with the F/sn discs.

Unread postby solopy567 » December 17th, 2008, 5:28 pm

I see...thanks!
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AlinSabel » December 17th, 2008, 10:45 pm

If you already had the voice patch installed before, and you still have the patch#.xp3 (I think it was 5?), if it is in the install directory, the patch installer will recognise it and allow you to install voices w/o needing to take out your disc.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » December 18th, 2008, 3:55 am

Message wrote:...you do not need to run the installer twice if you only have one DVD drive. The installer will ask you to insert the RN disc at the appropriate time, when it is finished with the F/sn discs.
... :P

I did that; thought only 1 disc slot will not suffice. (and that it won't do like you said) :P
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Return to Fate/stay night Chat