If a sevant gets biten by a vampire or a DA, wat woud hapen?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby potaatti » December 8th, 2008, 8:08 pm

Inverted wrote:
xthr wrote:
Raitei wrote:
Mkilbride"]She can defy the command spell if she really wants to, it's suggested strongly that if you have enough WILL stat, you can.
Even though they state the Command Spell cannot be denied, it is shown during the course of the game that you can defy it.
as in? if you're talking about archer's betrayal, command such as "you must not disobey me" is bullshit; rin alone was good enough just to make the servant have his status degraded if he betrays her. but she cannot stop him completely from disobeying her.

I think he means Saber defying caster's command spell in UBW. In that case tho, I think it's more of Saber's magic resistance than her WILL stat (which I'm not sure exists. If it does, Shirou has EX++).

It's also special case as a servant is ordering another servant .She couldn't resist Shirou's command spell invocations ,could she, even when they were against her.

[quote="Mkilbride wrote:I believe he'd have a C in will. I think most of his "Supposed" will, is blind optimism and stupidity, and not that he actually has a strong will.

That's plain biased disservice .No matter what can be said about Shirou he does have a strong will , which is repeatedly stressed in the game , whether you like it or not.[/quote]

Not to mention that Will isn't the same thing as intelligence.
potaatti
Crack Addic!

Unread postby xthr » December 8th, 2008, 11:42 pm

Watashimo wrote:
xthr wrote:I believe blindness and stupidity is a very integral part of having a strong will. Maybe I am just disillusioned, but I feel that if you are unable to throw out your intellect and reason, you will not have a very strong will. Simply, when faced with all the improbabilities in the world, a "smart" person would rationally take the easy way out, perhaps trying to live a good and just life, but not doing all the idiotic things a person with a strong will would do.

Really, a strong will may be necessary in legends and epics, but in RL, I think dedication is more important than RAWR I GAR

Edit: GARserker would just be like nero and eat everyone whole.

I disagree. I think having a strong will is more of you following your own will rather than conforming to the wishes of others. I don't think it has anything to do with stupidity. For instance, resisting constant peer pressure to do things you believe are wrong, requires a strong will. Intelligence and will have little connection. Taking the easy way in actuality is usually the worse option. Will is more the mental faculty by which one deliberately chooses or decides upon a course of action, while intelligence is general mental ability to permit complex, unstereotyped, purposive responses to novel or changing situations. Just so you know, dedication is a synonym for a strong will.

Maybe I should have put this in a better way. The kind of will found in GAMES/ANIME/MOVIES/LEGENDS is what I consider to be very much related to a strong stupidity. It's the kind of stupidity that sprouts out "But it's not zero percent. In my case that's as good as 100 percent!"

I don't agree with taking the "easy way out" is generally the wrong answer. At least not in the way I meant it. Sure standing up for yourself/others is a good thing, but there are always situations when trying to be a hero is not smart. A "GAR" person in real life might run back into the fire to try to save someone else. But since they don't really have plot armor in real life, they will most likely die a rather horrible death, and cause much grief to others.
Think about shirou in FSN. Think of all the points that he could have EASILY died. How do you think his death would have affected others? I am fairly certain Sakura would pretty much give up living. Rin would have been rather sad, no matter how she looks on the surface. She will most likely be a more hardened person, and not quite as kind as she is. Taiga would have been sad. So would Saber, because she would feel responsible for his death. If he actually was careful, he would be more likely to survive through the War. I'm not saying that he should be like Shinji, but if he was more careful, instead of so... incredibly GAR.

I'm just saying only in romanticized legends will the statistically impossible occur every freaking time. Don't get me wrong, I like them like your average person, but I'm saying it just doesn't work. It's my opinion.
xthr
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Wiiown » December 9th, 2008, 12:27 am

Atriel wrote:That's what i don't get about Rider...

She's Medusa, right? What part of that is a vampire...? Also the wet dream she gave to Shirou. I'd guess it was like how Saber got mana, but in this case Rider did it in a dream? Somehow... succubus too?

Nasu seems to have taken a few creative liberties with the
idea of a gorgon, there is no record in mythology of them sucking blood or controlling dreams to my knowledge. The dream was probably a pre-cursor to the intended but left out Rider route that was scrapped and was just left in unexplained.
Wiiown
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Raitei » December 9th, 2008, 12:33 am

Atriel wrote:That's what i don't get about Rider...

She's Medusa, right? What part of that is a vampire...? Also the wet dream she gave to Shirou. I'd guess it was like how Saber got mana, but in this case Rider did it in a dream? Somehow... succubus too?
she can also suck blood in that dream to gain strength. blood fort andromeda and realta nua hf scene pretty much explains everything.

Imagine Gil would get bitten:

Mongrels!Walking Food supplies!
gil would not dare disgrace himself by doing things such as sucking blood. he'll drink blood, not suck it. :P (like blood stored in a wine bottle?)
even if he does suck blood, he'll most likely choose girls like saber to be his victim, and not mongrels.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Benawi » December 9th, 2008, 3:23 am

If Gil was bitten he would prolly just laugh it off and either completely destroy all traces of the said vampire. Or find a new way to die in a completely careless or humiliating death. If all the sins in the world cant corrupt such a guy then a vampire bite would seem as a mosquitto in his eyes.

In the case that Gil is a vampire he would pretty much do what Raitei said and have a strict saber blood only as well as any other dignified women he may find. In Gil's eyes he is the king and all around him are nothing but insects. Would a king fall so low as to feed on insects and those in which to him are lower dirt?
Benawi
Might just like this board

Unread postby NonExistence » December 9th, 2008, 4:38 am

oh, but you never know... blood is like meth and wild sex mixed together for vampires. if the addiction becomes high enough, gil might just find himself scanning those same insects with lusting eyes...
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Location: The Strong and Free Giant Block of Ice in the True North

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » December 9th, 2008, 4:52 am

If the hierarchical system of Nasuverse encompasses everything, then it is unlikely that someone with 2/3 divine blood can be tainted by vampire blood. We are talking about someone who was drenched in "all the world's evil" and still remain largely intact. Personally I think the vampire who bit Gilgamesh will be the one that suffers (purged of vampirism and bound to Gilgamesh by eternal servitude?).
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Previous

Return to Fate/stay night Chat