How (not) Awesome Shinji can be

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby matthewfarenheit » December 4th, 2008, 11:52 pm

Raitei wrote:
abscess wrote:Really? I thought that he got that ability because of the book. When he doesn't have the book he is completely useless, he never tried to do any fancy things when not in power of the book. Is there some source that can clarify wether or not Rider has any connection with the book?

Also, didn't Shinji say that, since he can't use magic, he is like any other person out there when he was trying o convince Shirou to side with him?
yeah, it's most likely because of the book. and don't believe all those shinji trashtalk. he even said sakura wasn't involved in the war and he is the only master in the matou house. just because he doesn't have magic circuits doesn't mean he's completely harmless...

Then his magecraft IS there because of Rider. After all, he demands his sister Sakura to "make another book for him" wasting a command spell in the process, meaning that the book is a materialization of the command spells.


Watashimo wrote:I still think if you throw Shinji into a fist fight he would be the first to lose, or the first to run away. Since he can only use magic with the help of the book (he has NO magic circuit, so I don't care what you say, he can't cast magic without it). Shinji could only beat someone if he had a bow on him, nuff said.

No, I think differently. I think Shinji's dangerous in that he would be the first to pull a knife or, even worst, a gun into a fair fight after being cornered. He's so patetic that things like those go without saying, so it's either that you're in total control of the fight and, thus, counter any attempt by him to cheat his way into victory (altough he would trashtalk for like an hour giving you plenty of time to counter anyways :P) or you'll be in certain danger of losing the fight.
User avatar
matthewfarenheit
Addict
 
Posts: 111
Joined: July 31st, 2008, 12:08 am

Unread postby Watashimo » December 5th, 2008, 12:00 am

I beg to differ. Shinji is too arrogant to bring a weapon to a fair fight; after all, he thinks he is better than everyone else. So he would just run away if he starts losing.

His arrogance level is OVER 9000!!!!
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
User avatar
Watashimo
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 339
Joined: September 13th, 2008, 2:06 am
Location: Clock Tower

Unread postby Inverted » December 5th, 2008, 12:19 am

hmmph see how awesome Shinji can be and cry
User avatar
Inverted
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 263
Joined: February 2nd, 2008, 7:25 pm

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » December 5th, 2008, 12:25 am

My eyes! It burns us that pic burns us!

Brain now shutting down because of that pic that pic that pic that pic....
User avatar
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1833
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 8:08 pm
Location: Inside the Depletion Garden

Unread postby Raitei » December 5th, 2008, 12:27 am

matthewfarenheit wrote:
Then his magecraft IS there because of Rider. After all, he demands his sister Sakura to "make another book for him" wasting a command spell in the process, meaning that the book is a materialization of the command spells.
we'll never know. the book is not a materialization of command spells, just a substitute. a command spell converted to anoher form; it's not fully - just command spells. moreover, 1 command spell can produce two artificial command spells in the book. you'll never know what else the makiri added in that book. makiri = cheaters. nuff said.

oh and as a sidenote, command spells are properties of the master. not the servant. so if shinji demanded sakura to make another book for him, then it's because of her, not rider. (the knowledge must be from zouken btw)
Last edited by Raitei on December 5th, 2008, 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
User avatar
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

Unread postby Watashimo » December 5th, 2008, 12:31 am

That pic is a materialization of a curse! Its worse than Angra Manyu! It could traumatize and destroy the life of billions of people just through its visual power. Worse yet, owning such a curse is said to bring about the destruction of one's entire family tree. By touching it, one loses all reproductive capabilities and is cursed so bad that its said even your ancestors will feel its power!
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
User avatar
Watashimo
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 339
Joined: September 13th, 2008, 2:06 am
Location: Clock Tower

Unread postby Drakron » December 5th, 2008, 12:54 am

Raitei, the books were the product of use of a command spell ... it transfered the command of the servant to the book, its not a loophole since it costs a command spell and lacks the ability of using command spells.

That is why making a 3rd Book was useless because the 3rd command frees the servant making the command book useless.
Drakron
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 26
Joined: February 16th, 2008, 7:15 pm

Unread postby Raitei » December 5th, 2008, 2:21 am

Drakron wrote:Raitei, the books were the product of use of a command spell ... it transfered the command of the servant to the book, its not a loophole since it costs a command spell and lacks the ability of using command spells.

That is why making a 3rd Book was useless because the 3rd command frees the servant making the command book useless.
yeah, but what I'm conveying here is the transferring itself is cheating. command spells aren't supposed to be transferred, and they got 2 from 1? wtf? (and when did I say it costs nothing, like a photocopy machine and you could just extract as many command spells as many as possible?)

command spells are properties of masters, and not servants. if someone would be credited for shinji's (supposedly) acquired ability to use magic, it would be sakura and zouken, not rider. get what I say? (also, that knowledge is from zouken)

@inverted : why am I not surprised... :roll: I feel like it's just... natural. expected. :roll:
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
User avatar
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

Unread postby Shikiller » December 5th, 2008, 3:30 am

I would let Shinji have a nice talk with my knee and then proceed to steal his pimp coat. that coat is awesome.
Last edited by Shikiller on December 6th, 2008, 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shikiller
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 288
Joined: April 13th, 2007, 1:58 pm
Location: Argentina

Unread postby Drakron » December 5th, 2008, 3:43 am

Its not really cheating, the only thing that it did was making Shinji the master of Rider but it did not given Shinji any command spells to use, it was just a provisionary command spell that costs one command spell.

Also one that did not worked very well, the Book of the False Attendant is destroyed TWICE because it was used beyond its limits, unlike a command spell that only vanishes when its used 3 times.

And I have no idea about why are you saying Shinji used magic since he never did.

Since we are on the subject, since when is magic required to became a Master? Soichiro was not a mage either and he was still be able to form a contract with Caster.
Drakron
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 26
Joined: February 16th, 2008, 7:15 pm

Unread postby Raitei » December 5th, 2008, 5:03 am

Drakron wrote:And I have no idea about why are you saying Shinji used magic since he never did.
*facepalms*



he did it. twice. and please don't tell me rider is the one who cast it, since it's rubbish; the second wave was done when rider was fighting saber.

Since we are on the subject, since when is magic required to became a Master? Soichiro was not a mage either and he was still be able to form a contract with Caster.
it never is. ryunosuke uryu was a master without magical capabilities either. I merely stated that shinji is capable of doing magic (and that command spells are properties of masters), so I don't see where you get that conclusion from.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
User avatar
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

Unread postby Drakron » December 5th, 2008, 5:19 am

Why not? its a defensive magic field that we have not seen him cast ... but you are correct, its not Shinji because its SHADOWS and who have the Imaginary Element?

Sakura.

And dont give me the Water Element because Rin is quite clear on WHAT element was Sakura born with and PRESUMED they changed it to Water element, during the HF fight she AGAIN states how Sakura is using the elements she was born with.
Drakron
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 26
Joined: February 16th, 2008, 7:15 pm

Unread postby Raitei » December 5th, 2008, 5:47 am

Drakron wrote:Why not? its a defensive magic field that we have not seen him cast ... but you are correct, its not Shinji because its SHADOWS and who have the Imaginary Element?

Sakura.
*facepalms* so you say the one that cast that magic is sakura? when both shinji and sakura are supposedly apart by kilometers? some kind of connection they have there. and some kind of magic sakura have there, being able to cast it from kilometers. telepathy perhaps? or would you say sakura is hiding near the school and helped shinji by casting that magic AGAINST shirou? which means she would rather have shinji alive than shirou?

if you're referring to sakura concerning shinji's magic source, I don't give a damn about what is the source. fact still shows that he can cast it. nuff said.

I don't see why you mentioned element either.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
User avatar
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

Unread postby Atriel » December 5th, 2008, 6:31 am

He's so awesome that i want to have his babies.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: October 21st, 2007, 3:49 am

Unread postby abscess » December 5th, 2008, 6:35 am

@Raitei
I haven't read all of the previous posts but, from what I gather, Drakron says that the magic casted by Shinji comes from the book, which is fairly right I assume. As for the nature of the element, I think he means that the book syphons Sakura's magic energy or prana or whatever it is that sucks up from her (that's why I so often use the term magic stuff). I'd be leaning more to the side that the book itself carries some magic (dunno if that's actually possible), that way there is no weird bond that still exists after beign stretched who knows how many kilometers. As from where does it come from exactly (Rider or Sakura) I don't know and I won't dare throw another assumption. I already am assuming a lot of things here.

By the way, I disagree. The source is important. It means that Shinji, if he is in his own (as in not having anything from anyone else, e.g., the book), he can't defend effectively his own life, let alone attack someone face to face. Granted, he can think of setting traps, which would be his own idea, but if he is not the one setting the trap (Rider's Bloodfort Andromeda, for example), it really can't be counted as his own doing... at least I can't.
Last edited by abscess on December 5th, 2008, 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
User avatar
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1939
Joined: April 25th, 2008, 10:08 am
Location: Parmistan lol

Unread postby NonExistence » December 5th, 2008, 6:36 am

you see, shinji's awesomeness comes from two main sources: his arrogance (level over NINE THOUSAND!!) and his negative GAR value. his negative GAR value reduces the number of fights he gets into, because everyone's afraid it'll rub off on them. his arrogance... just that alone is enough to choke a person to death. that is how "awesome" he is.
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.
User avatar
NonExistence
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 239
Joined: August 17th, 2007, 5:12 pm
Location: The Strong and Free Giant Block of Ice in the True North

Unread postby matthewfarenheit » December 5th, 2008, 11:51 am

@Raitei:
It's as simple as this: The Magic he makes is related to his possesion of the book, the book wouldn't exist if Sakura hadn't Rider's Command Spells to spare, and that offensive Magic wouldn't be possible if something else than Shinji (that isn't capable of performing Magic) was involved. Everything else is just assumptions, INCLUDING the nature or source of the magic: we know it's something else than Shinji, that's all.


PS: and stop "facepalming", it's tantamount to trolling and just gets the atmosphere thicker than it already is... If you followed the rules as much as you shove them to other's faces, you wouldn't do that yourself.

PS2: I'm the only one that notes the thread's title doesn't have "spoilers" on it?
User avatar
matthewfarenheit
Addict
 
Posts: 111
Joined: July 31st, 2008, 12:08 am

Unread postby Raitei » December 5th, 2008, 12:02 pm

matthewfarenheit wrote:PS: and stop "facepalming", it's tantamount to trolling and just gets the atmosphere thicker than it already is... If you followed the rules as much as you shove them to other's faces, you wouldn't do that yourself.
I follow the rules, thank you. that's why shinji is so un-awesome he would make people here derail off topic so much. :)

oh, and as a side qeustion, why is shinji so often depicted with nudity and only underwear covering him?
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
User avatar
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » December 5th, 2008, 12:18 pm

Hey I got something around to it that could be considered a demodivator.

Shinji- He just makes you want to facepalm when talking about him.
User avatar
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1833
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 8:08 pm
Location: Inside the Depletion Garden

Unread postby matthewfarenheit » December 5th, 2008, 12:23 pm

Shinji is so awesome that he makes other Shinjis from other series (Evangelion anyone?) look manly.
User avatar
matthewfarenheit
Addict
 
Posts: 111
Joined: July 31st, 2008, 12:08 am

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron