Fate/Stay Night Review

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Watashimo » December 4th, 2008, 3:56 am

Not to mention Schneizel wears a personality mask and makes everyone thinks he's nice while Kotomine acts like himself.
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » December 4th, 2008, 4:18 am

I was quoted in a quote!! YAY!
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Miraploy » December 7th, 2008, 8:33 pm

Hmm. I spent a lot of time on the BL thread and I'm really tired. So I'll just link here:
http://nrvnqsr.proboards20.com/index.cg ... 573&page=1
Miraploy
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Mkilbride » December 7th, 2008, 9:53 pm

Damn man, you're getting butt raped over there too. About one guy actually agreed with you on 1/10th of your review, but other than that, five pages of being pounded.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AlinSabel » December 7th, 2008, 10:52 pm

Being Le Baiken'd immediately drops him 20 points.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » December 7th, 2008, 11:55 pm

According to evospace, he did a fair analysis of the game.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Miraploy » December 8th, 2008, 9:10 pm

AlinSabel wrote:Being Le Baiken'd immediately drops him 20 points.

What do you have against Baiken?
Miraploy
Crack Addic!

Unread postby eharper256 » December 8th, 2008, 9:50 pm

I won't try to analyse the review. I'll only get bias about the bias and begin a vicious cycle.

However, the silly thing that deserves mentioning: If you're doing a Typemoon fansite to help introduce the uninitiated, it seems extremely self-destructive of you to NOT rate the game highly. Surely, you'll alienate those who may have trusted the place for a happy appraisal of the TYPE-MOON phenomenon.

Not to mention, I know that if I read a mediocre review, I will not buy a game. Only if it routinely scores 75% or higher will I shell out. Otherwise, I may ignore it all together, or perhaps turn to (cough) ~alternate~ means for acquisition to first test it (not neccesarily dodgy channels, but it certainly becomes rent/steal off mates material when you're on a budget).

This, to me, is your real critical error; that you may killing fans before they are born.

Also, whilst Tsukihime is a much better BOOK, FSN is a better GAME. Don't forget this! It utilises the capabilities of multimedia FAR more effectively. This may well be just due to higher production values, but the flash-bang-whizz helps keep you excited for the next block of text. For someone who's never played visual novels before, I could see this being a god-send.

Finally, Entertainment always trumps Logic. Pure and simple. Tired plot devices are magically wiped away with the power of fanservice. Also pure and simple.

And whole is always greater than the sum of its parts. This, really, is what's important. It may have innummerate flaws, but if it ain't a damn fine game, I don't know what is...
"If the world's a stage, and the people are actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"

My Blog, Detarame.
eharper256
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby AlinSabel » December 8th, 2008, 9:55 pm

Miraploy wrote:
AlinSabel wrote:Being Le Baiken'd immediately drops him 20 points.

What do you have against Baiken?

You misunderstand me (:roll:). To be "Le Baiken'd" is for Baiken to tear through one's arguments. As such, it is a verb, and the 'him' I am referring to... is you.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby WingZero » December 8th, 2008, 10:00 pm

Kind of a misuse.

Originally, it meant that you formulate a response to someone in a thread, then after you hit submit, notice that Baiken has pretty much just posted the same thing with more elaborate reasoning and details during the time you were typing out your post.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Miraploy » December 8th, 2008, 11:32 pm

Lol I see, though we weren't arguing.
Miraploy
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » December 9th, 2008, 5:06 am

I see this thread is still alive... but from what I can tell nothing constructive have emerged. Miraploy, your intention is good, but if you want neutral, unbiased feedback, you should try a general visual novel forum instead of Type-Moon-centred forums such as mirror moon and Beast's Lair. Your are playing a missionary trying to tell a bunch of zealous, fanatical cultists (mmm, did I over-do it here?) that their religion is flawed while standing in their inner sanctum. Do you expect walking out unscathed? You probably will not arrive at a consensus in this forum until you are fully assimilated (i.e. admitting F/SN is one of the best VN to date and deserves 8+/10).
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby NonExistence » December 9th, 2008, 5:13 am

unfortunately, as much as i'd like to refute Keeper of Gil's Vault, it's just too true. maybe you've seen some arguments in past threads that almost led to outright flaming. THAT'S under the premise that we all enjoyed the game. if we get so heated up over details without even going into impressions, what can you really expect? i'm surprised no one's pm spammed you or anything of that sort. (that might be exaggerating a little - well, a lot - but that's how i talk, so...)
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Location: The Strong and Free Giant Block of Ice in the True North

Previous

Return to Fate/stay night Chat