About the Hero system...(Hmm..)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Watashimo » December 7th, 2008, 2:12 am

Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:Blame Lucas for introducing the stupid midichlorian into the SW universe, I much preferred the original rather mythical and philosophical origin.


Same. Was it introduced in one of the 51,343 games out there about SW?
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
User avatar
Watashimo
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 339
Joined: September 13th, 2008, 2:06 am
Location: Clock Tower

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » December 7th, 2008, 2:15 am

I think it was "retro-introduced" in the prequel trilogy.

Also, I think we should get back to topic.
User avatar
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 501
Joined: July 15th, 2007, 2:49 pm

Unread postby Mkilbride » December 7th, 2008, 2:16 am

I remember seeing it on Robot Chicken and that's the only time I ever heard it, then again I've only played a few Star Wars games and not a huge buff on the movies.

Guys - DIS-freaking regard that it's impossible. - Servant Saber - A Jedi.

Or better yet, Servant Assassin - Homer Simpson
User avatar
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 686
Joined: May 20th, 2007, 7:56 pm

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » December 7th, 2008, 2:20 am

See, the paradox of the Assassin class is that, a good assassin will never be known, thus never becoming famous. Even the Hassans, you don't know who they REALLY are. They are just Hassans, the "Old Men of the Mountain", nothing more.
User avatar
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 501
Joined: July 15th, 2007, 2:49 pm

Unread postby Raitei » December 7th, 2008, 2:21 am

Watashimo wrote:Wow. I had no idea that it was actually microscopic organisms that gave them the ability to use the force. I never heard that in the movies...
it was in the 1st movie, when qui-gon jinn sent anakin's blood sample to obi-wan.

Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:Meet my servant, Caster. He is the biggest midichlorian in the history of the universe, the one who fathered Anakin Skywalker.
anakin skywalker has no father.
Wookiepedia wrote:Around this time Shmi discovered that she was pregnant and gave birth to a son she named Anakin. Shmi would say that her son was conceived without a father, but she could not explain how it happened. Nevertheless, she gladly accepted his birth and raised him. Three years later, Shmi and her son came into the ownership of the Hutt crimelord Gardulla the Elder on Tatooine. Gardulla was cruel and had little regard for the safety of Shmi and her son, as evident when she allowed young Skywalker to participate in the Boonta Eve Classic, believing Anakin to be incapable of winning.


that said, jedi servants are a bit more than useless. unless they can still perform lightsaber combat without the aid of the force... djem so, form v of the 7 form lightsaber combat will work best for jedi servants. that's why darth vader = win. :D
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
User avatar
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » December 7th, 2008, 2:32 am

Raitei wrote:oh yes.
Wookiepedia wrote:Midi-chlorians were intelligent microscopic life forms that lived symbiotically inside the cells of all living things. When present in sufficient numbers, they could allow their symbiont to detect the pervasive energy field known as the Force. Midi-chlorian counts were linked to potential in the Force, ranging from normal Human levels of 2,500 per cell to the much higher levels of Jedi. The highest known midi-chlorian count belonged to the Jedi Anakin Skywalker, who was believed to have been conceived by the midi-chlorians.


Raitei, I am quoting you.
User avatar
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 501
Joined: July 15th, 2007, 2:49 pm

Unread postby Raitei » December 7th, 2008, 2:35 am

Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:
Raitei wrote:oh yes.
Wookiepedia wrote:Midi-chlorians were intelligent microscopic life forms that lived symbiotically inside the cells of all living things. When present in sufficient numbers, they could allow their symbiont to detect the pervasive energy field known as the Force. Midi-chlorian counts were linked to potential in the Force, ranging from normal Human levels of 2,500 per cell to the much higher levels of Jedi. The highest known midi-chlorian count belonged to the Jedi Anakin Skywalker, who was believed to have been conceived by the midi-chlorians.


Raitei, I am quoting you.
does dolly have a father? 8) (pretty much same process)
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
User avatar
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

Unread postby Watashimo » December 7th, 2008, 2:46 am

Well all this jedi talk reminds me of the doujin where Shirou projects a light saber haha! This is it:


"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
User avatar
Watashimo
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 339
Joined: September 13th, 2008, 2:06 am
Location: Clock Tower

Unread postby Mkilbride » December 7th, 2008, 2:48 am

I want that full thing, gimmie. See, it'd work!
User avatar
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 686
Joined: May 20th, 2007, 7:56 pm

Unread postby Watashimo » December 7th, 2008, 2:53 am

Unfortunately thats the only one I have and the only one I've ever seen of that doujin. I've looked for the full thing before, but to no avail. Maybe you'll have better luck.
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
User avatar
Watashimo
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 339
Joined: September 13th, 2008, 2:06 am
Location: Clock Tower

Unread postby Raitei » December 7th, 2008, 2:55 am

Mkilbride wrote:I want that full thing, gimmie. See, it'd work!
he only traced the lightsaber... unless he used djem so, jedis are pretty much helpless in non-force combat.
as a side note, copying yoda won't work; he uses ataru in which force leaping and moving is dominant. shirou is non force sensitive.
oh, and 1 more thing : doujins are not canon.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
User avatar
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

Unread postby Mkilbride » December 7th, 2008, 3:02 am

...man, you're no fun, huh? We're all just here to have fun and you come in with your "Canon and non-canon" stuff. Why can't you just enjoy and imagine this stuff, but no, you're just reluctant to have an imagination.
User avatar
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 686
Joined: May 20th, 2007, 7:56 pm

Unread postby Raitei » December 7th, 2008, 3:09 am

Mkilbride wrote:...man, you're no fun, huh? We're all just here to have fun and you come in with your "Canon and non-canon" stuff. Why can't you just enjoy and imagine this stuff, but no, you're just reluctant to have an imagination.
I just enjoy imaginations within the "allowed" realm. beyond that, it's not of my position to argue.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
User avatar
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

Unread postby Rikh » December 7th, 2008, 5:57 am

Raitei wrote:
Mkilbride wrote:I want that full thing, gimmie. See, it'd work!
he only traced the lightsaber... unless he used djem so, jedis are pretty much helpless in non-force combat.
as a side note, copying yoda won't work; he uses ataru in which force leaping and moving is dominant. shirou is non force sensitive.
oh, and 1 more thing : doujins are not canon.


yah but shiro copying the skills from the lightsabers memories, can mimic the vapaad form, which should provide hard hitting precise strikes on the opponent, also to add he does not need the force.

Magic grants him the ability to spawn multiple lightsabers and use saber throws. Instead of using sword bullets, he can use them as rocketing attacks that jump back and fourth to create an unpredictable environment from the enemy.

Shiro may also trace Avalon to prevent force related attacks for a short period of time, as saber is nearby
User avatar
Rikh
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 649
Joined: July 19th, 2008, 6:07 pm
Location: Unlimited Taiga Works

Unread postby AddleBoy » December 7th, 2008, 6:59 am

Raitei wrote:I just enjoy imaginations within the "allowed" realm. beyond that, it's not of my position to argue.

And here was I, thinking that the imagination was supposed to be limitless, but then came the thought police. >_>

Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:That should silent all future attempts of forumites to summon Jedi Knights as servants, since the physical bodies of all servants are constructs of mana, thus not living. Blame Lucas for introducing the stupid midichlorian into the SW universe, I much preferred the original rather mythical and philosophical origin.

I remember reading somewhere that Jedi became stronger after they died (It was sometime before the new trilogy came out). I mean, why else would Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Vader be able to pop up anytime they want in spirit form (the end of episode VI). And also talk with living people (end of IV).

Midichlorians? Bullshit... >_>

/rant
Then you realize... That there is no loli. And it's not the loli you're molesting, it's yourself.
User avatar
AddleBoy
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 267
Joined: January 16th, 2008, 4:00 am
Location: At the end of the world, upon the Hill of Swords.

Unread postby Raitei » December 7th, 2008, 7:04 am

AddleBoy wrote:
Raitei wrote:I just enjoy imaginations within the "allowed" realm. beyond that, it's not of my position to argue.

And here was I, thinking that the imagination was supposed to be limitless, but then came the thought police. >_>
that's what side materials and canon subjects are for. oh, and must I remind mkilbride that he's the one crossing the line first? when I said saber might survive her wounds in fate end?

AddleBoy wrote:
Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:That should silent all future attempts of forumites to summon Jedi Knights as servants, since the physical bodies of all servants are constructs of mana, thus not living. Blame Lucas for introducing the stupid midichlorian into the SW universe, I much preferred the original rather mythical and philosophical origin.

I remember reading somewhere that Jedi became stronger after they died (It was sometime before the new trilogy came out). I mean, why else would Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Vader be able to pop up anytime they want in spirit form (the end of episode VI). And also talk with living people (end of IV).

Midichlorians? Bullshit... >_>

/rant
Wookiepedia wrote:The Force ghost was the soul and essence of a deceased Jedi who became one with the Force, yet was able to interact with the living, albeit not physically. Some Sith Lords learned similar techniques, which in some cases allowed them to physically interact with their environment.
meaning? sith > jedi.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
User avatar
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

Unread postby Mkilbride » December 7th, 2008, 7:11 am

Raitei wrote:
AddleBoy wrote:
Raitei wrote:I just enjoy imaginations within the "allowed" realm. beyond that, it's not of my position to argue.

And here was I, thinking that the imagination was supposed to be limitless, but then came the thought police. >_>
that's what side materials and canon subjects are for. oh, and must I remind mkilbride that he's the one crossing the line first? when I said saber might survive her wounds in fate end?


Has nothing to do with current topic.


Seems Sith really do get a better deal in the end though.


Overall, can't we just imagine how awesome Yoda or Vader would be to see acting with the main cast, maybe in BMW? I think a Chibi Vader and Yoda would be great, I can actually see it now. Just seems hilarious.
User avatar
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 686
Joined: May 20th, 2007, 7:56 pm

Unread postby AddleBoy » December 7th, 2008, 7:15 am

I think Yoda is chibi enough as it is XD
Then you realize... That there is no loli. And it's not the loli you're molesting, it's yourself.
User avatar
AddleBoy
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 267
Joined: January 16th, 2008, 4:00 am
Location: At the end of the world, upon the Hill of Swords.

Unread postby Mkilbride » December 7th, 2008, 7:17 am

Yes, but he'd be a BUNNY SIZED YODA, DOING ALL KINDS OF FLIPS AND SAYING BACKWARDS COMMENTS. It would be epic win.
User avatar
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 686
Joined: May 20th, 2007, 7:56 pm

Unread postby Raitei » December 7th, 2008, 7:19 am

Mkilbride wrote:Has nothing to do with current topic.
oh? then why this:
...man, you're no fun, huh? We're all just here to have fun and you come in with your "Canon and non-canon" stuff. Why can't you just enjoy and imagine this stuff, but no, you're just reluctant to have an imagination.


I could just say the same to you, you know.

in the end, jedi servants/sith servants aren't really viable. why? sith will not want to be such a being like servants; they are too proud for that. jedi, on the other hand, are too "crappy" to be a servant, besides some are "too holy" to claim the grail. (either "crappy" or "too holy")
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
User avatar
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests

cron