Petition to create a new Fate game! (Possible Spoilers)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Petition to create a new Fate game! (Possible Spoilers)

Unread postby Rikh » November 27th, 2008, 5:57 pm

A F/SN game dedicated purely to archer!!!

It details Emiya's Life after becoming a hero of justice!
Archer apparently had a confirmed lover, at least in UBW its stated.
So you can go off of that and make it a decent Visual Novel

(is it just me, or can you guys imagine him with a girl just like Illya???)

Throughout the Novel, there will be chaotic events, awesome story lines, epitome of garness, and a sad+freaking amazing ending

You could go through the first finding of Kansho and Byakua, and his ability to use its overedge, or his experience in mastering his projection abilities

I wanna see Archer vs Mage association!
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby DarkEyes » November 27th, 2008, 6:08 pm

i support the idea!! :D
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » November 27th, 2008, 6:26 pm

A whole game might be pushing it. An official gaiden of Archer's pact with the world will suffice for me. An ending which includes a cynical soliloquy by Archer before parting the world for the Throne, that would be epic.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Rikh » November 27th, 2008, 9:52 pm

or a new Kara no Kyoukai + Archer crossover where Archer and Shiki team up for a mission

/epicwin
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » November 27th, 2008, 10:15 pm

I may be about to say something stupid but, is this some sort of "petition" to Type-Moon or to see if the idea of making a doujin game with this story sticks?

If it's about nagging Type-Moon, I doubt that will really work, so don't count me in it. Theyv'e done enough milking to the series. Better let the story ferment for a while and see if it still is attractive to future audiences.

If it's a doujin game, sure, go ahead. I don't think asking for permition is really needed anyway. Good luck.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Rikh » November 28th, 2008, 12:30 am

abscess wrote:....
I may be about to say something stupid but, is this some sort of "petition" to Type-Moon or to see if the idea of making a doujin game with this story sticks?

If it's about nagging Type-Moon, I doubt that will really work, so don't count me in it. Theyv'e done enough milking to the series. Better let the story ferment for a while and see if it still is attractive to future audiences.

If it's a doujin game, sure, go ahead. I don't think asking for permition is really needed anyway. Good luck.

when i say petition i just mean along the lines of...

"Somebody better do this, and i can die in life with a ridiculous smile on my face"

so, its not really a petition, just a "UGH, why isnt there a game to this!?" kinda thing
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby BlackTornado » November 28th, 2008, 12:38 am

Rikh wrote:
when i say petition i just mean along the lines of...

"Somebody better do this, and i can die in life with a ridiculous smile on my face"

seconded
BlackTornado
Addict

Unread postby matthewfarenheit » November 28th, 2008, 12:57 am

I think this is needless. Why? Easy: This has been already anticipated. Type-Moon created Archer and many other Type-moon characters in a way that ensures their own spin-off game(s), the same that they created a whole universe in Tsukihime or before (I don't know much about Type Moon besides Fate) that could be used for making Fate. Of course, that they left open the possibility of a spin-off doesn't necessarily mean they WILL make it: combined factors such as success of the series, demand and willingness to invest time and resources on such enterprise affect the chances of making these games.

tl:dr: Type Moon reserves that possibility if they want to exploit it. Asking for it assuming that they didn't know they can make money with it is naive.
matthewfarenheit
Addict

Unread postby Kenzu » December 16th, 2008, 2:00 pm

Archer's own game would kick ass, no questions there. The beginning would be some time after the Fate scenario I guess.

But HF True End - "What happened later" could also be good. Rin said that they are too extraordinary to live peacefully. Fighting against the Association, meeting and joining Sorcerers on the run... Could be good.

I guess it's one of those things that's beautiful for the sole reason of being unobtainable. But it's good every once in a while since it's fun.

But well... I think we can hope for a Fate stay night cossover somewhere.
Kenzu
Addict

Unread postby Raitei » December 16th, 2008, 3:14 pm

Kenzu wrote:But well... I think we can hope for a Fate stay night cossover somewhere.
that's what fanfic is for.

also, I don't think the possibility of archer's own story development is high outside the realm of character and support materials (like fate/zero)... nasu would probably create something brand new, be as it using an already existing character or starting with a new main character. besides, there's not much left to explain beyond what is already there in ubw.

the best we can hope for is another light novel. just like f/z.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » December 16th, 2008, 4:55 pm

Well, the grail is dismantled and the von Einzberns will not be making homunculus for the purpose of embodying the grail any more, so the chance of new grail wars is slim. Crossovers will probably happen with the magi of Fate, Rin, Sakura etc. Then again, they are not as interesting as the servants.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby that one guy » December 16th, 2008, 6:44 pm

I'm against this petition...sort of. So long as the Lancer spin off comes first, it's fine. But god damn it LANCER COMES FIRST!
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » December 16th, 2008, 8:54 pm

Well since they made a second game that is official called Fate/Hollow Ataraxia I see no reason for another Fate related game, unless it was Fate/Zero which might be interesting to try out.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Rikh » December 16th, 2008, 9:57 pm

Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:Well, the grail is dismantled and the von Einzberns will not be making homunculus for the purpose of embodying the grail any more, so the chance of new grail wars is slim. Crossovers will probably happen with the magi of Fate, Rin, Sakura etc. Then again, they are not as interesting as the servants.

it would be a spinoff on archer alone, just the future of Emiya Shiro's life
Would have nothing to do with the holy grail war
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » December 17th, 2008, 12:56 am

Rikh wrote:it would be a spinoff on archer alone, just the future of Emiya Shiro's life
Would have nothing to do with the holy grail war
then again, another f/z, it would be.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby flurk » December 17th, 2008, 6:01 pm

that one guy wrote:I'm against this petition...sort of. So long as the Lancer spin off comes first, it's fine. But god damn it LANCER COMES FIRST!

go to hell, from whence you came.

and on topic, the story sounds too.. long. the timeline would span like 20 years, give or take?
and which ending of which route will you continue from? O_o
Sir Bedevere: How do know so much about swallows?
King Arthur: Well, you have to know these things when you're a king, you know.
flurk
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Uthred » December 18th, 2008, 2:10 am

Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:Well, the grail is dismantled and the von Einzberns will not be making homunculus for the purpose of embodying the grail any more, so the chance of new grail wars is slim. Crossovers will probably happen with the magi of Fate, Rin, Sakura etc. Then again, they are not as interesting as the servants.

Slightly tangential to the main topic, but does this mean that Heavens Feel is the "canon" ending of F/SN ?
Uthred
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Xamdou » December 18th, 2008, 3:47 am

i would more like to see Kara no Kyoukai + Tsukihime + Fate Stay Night combine into one story where they attack the Mage Association , it will be interesting :D
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Return to Fate/stay night Chat