Were some HF lines changed for Realta Nua? [Spoilers]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Were some HF lines changed for Realta Nua? [Spoilers]

Unread postby boingman » November 24th, 2008, 7:28 pm

Sorry, that I don't post this in one of the spoilers thread, but since I have yet to finish the game, I'd like to stay away from (even more) spoilers. Maybe there are things I still don't know.

Anyways, I get the impression that there are some lines which were changed for Realta Nua, whenever the characters are talking about sex or rape. I am wondering if the latter is even still an issue in Realta Nua or is it only hinted instead of being explicitly said? Since I usually only understand a few words of what the characters are talking about, it's difficult to check it myself.
I just played/read through the (shocking) scene where Shirou finds Sakura under the bridge after her escape from the church.
boingman
Addict

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 25th, 2008, 4:02 am

Well the basic ones are the ero ero scenese that for sure. As for the others, well not overly much. Otehr then Saber and Illya having a sisterly moment in the Fate Route. Also, HF having the CGs for the Nine Lives Blade Works.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Kenzu » November 25th, 2008, 11:35 pm

Well Realta Nua was pretty much censored from adult content in order for it to sell to more age groups. So all ero things and the like are changed into something else and consequently what characters say in Realta Nua doesn't match their lines in PC version f.e. sex = blood drinking or sharing the magic crest. Some adult things are hinted but never clearly shown. You can't get the true meaning from Realta Nua. Hurray for PC version, hurray for no censorship.
Last edited by Kenzu on November 25th, 2008, 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kenzu
Addict

Unread postby Watashimo » November 25th, 2008, 11:37 pm

Kenzu wrote:Well Realta Nua was pretty much censored from adult content in order for it to sell to more age groups. So all ero things and the like are changed into something else and consequently what characters say in Realta Nua doesn't match their lines in PC version f.e. sex = blood drinking or sharing the magic crest. Some adult things are hinted but never clearly shown. You can't get it all from Realta Nua. Hooray for PC version, hooray for no censorship.

Conversely though, Realta Nua has things the PC doesn't. Hurray for extra and enhanced CGs!
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kenzu » November 25th, 2008, 11:43 pm

And hurray for extra soundtrack! I agree with that one. If you ask me, the perfect version would be the uncensored Realta Nua, or if you prefer: PC version with Realta Nua CG's and music.
Kenzu
Addict

Unread postby Watashimo » November 25th, 2008, 11:53 pm

Oh yea, can't forget the voices either, unless thats what you meant by soundtrack. The voices really made the game so much better :O
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kenzu » November 27th, 2008, 3:06 pm

No, no. By soundtrack I meant the music. I especially miss the song: SORROW when playing the PC version. And it's so true about the voices. They REALLY multiply the experience in my case.
Kenzu
Addict

Unread postby Weeaboo » November 27th, 2008, 6:43 pm

Watashimo wrote:Oh yea, can't forget the voices either, unless thats what you meant by soundtrack. The voices really made the game so much better :O

You really think so? For most moe moe crap I agree but for FSN I find the voiceless versions better, especially as it eliminates that jarring difference between Japanese voices and English text. Also since I finished fate route without voices, in my mind the character's voice and the VA's voice never quite match up (especially Tohsaka's)
Isn't it sad Sacchin? ;_;
Weeaboo
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Alucard » November 28th, 2008, 2:19 pm

Do you watch anime without subs?

I'm a huge fan of the voices. Some like Caster are pure sex.
Eternity is wasted upon the likes of you.
Alucard
Addict

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 28th, 2008, 2:53 pm

I just listened to how Saber sounds in Japanese(The anime, that is)

And honestly, what the fudge were they trying to do? Her voice sounds like a pre-pubescent boy. I know they were going for something along those lines with her character, but gah, I always had in my head a beautiful sounding lady, and stuff like this just trashes it.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Wiiown » November 28th, 2008, 8:20 pm

Mkilbride wrote:I just listened to how Saber sounds in Japanese(The anime, that is)

And honestly, what the fudge were they trying to do? Her voice sounds like a pre-pubescent boy. I know they were going for something along those lines with her character, but gah, I always had in my head a beautiful sounding lady, and stuff like this just trashes it.

Same VA for RN voices that did anime I think. To be honest I thought Saber's VA did a fantastic job, I had actually heard the VA before and she does pretty good work but this was her best imo. Also, you think a
15 or 16 year old girl (don't remember exactly when avalon stops her aging) who was royalty and had to act like a boy all her life wouldn't sound like that?
I also liked Rider's Japanese VA (I happened to like her english one too, but I bet I am one of the few), Rider's VA did much better on that character than in Ever 17.
Wiiown
Crack Addic!

Unread postby solopy567 » December 22nd, 2008, 9:24 pm

There are some extra scenes too...Like Saber eating a sandwich, Saber in some other clothes, and Saber in swimsuit. :D
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » December 23rd, 2008, 12:30 am

solopy567 wrote:There are some extra scenes too...Like Saber eating a sandwich, Saber in some other clothes, and Saber in swimsuit. :D

You know... I did not really play my RN game coz its more like a collection to me.. But upon hearing those few words... I coudlnt help but felt the urge of.. 'Must Unluck'...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » December 23rd, 2008, 3:13 am

solopy567 wrote:There are some extra scenes too...Like Saber eating a sandwich, Saber in some other clothes, and Saber in swimsuit. :D
saber in swimsuit and some other clothes is in f/ha. not rn. :P
saber is only seen wearing those clothes rin lent her (and underwear only) in f/sn.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby solopy567 » December 23rd, 2008, 12:53 pm

Dang, F/HA beats all of them at everything. And the plot of it is very much like Kagetsu Tohya.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » December 23rd, 2008, 1:31 pm

It is actally, but only a better version. Also, I think this would be considered as cannon for the Fate side of things as well since it introduced Bazzett, Lancer's original Master, Karen, and Avenger himself.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Return to Fate/stay night Chat