What you didn't like about the series [Spoilers!]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Inverted » December 16th, 2008, 2:03 pm

More like

made the contract ---> saved people ---> executed
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Rikh » December 16th, 2008, 10:03 pm

How did he die with swords in his body...

He had to fight another person like Gilgamesh or something for that to happen..

Either his execution involved his body being pierced with many swords (that of which, i don't know of anyone who executes that way) or something else

(when you see flashbacks of archer, its him being pierced by a large amount of swords)
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » December 16th, 2008, 10:55 pm

They might be just recycling graphics...lol, since it is the exact same graphic as after Archer tanked GoB.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Rikh » December 16th, 2008, 11:54 pm

Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:They might be just recycling graphics...lol, since it is the exact same graphic as after Archer tanked GoB.

Nah in UBW its clearly stated that Shiro saw the exact image of archer at that moment as in viewing Archers past

Although they annoyingly recycled the exact same graphic...sadly... it still means that Archer died that way in life
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Regius Lucis » December 17th, 2008, 2:39 am

I've started on the game and watched the anime. Lancer was my favorite character, however he is nothing like he is in his original myth. He had seven fingers on each hand, seven toes on each foot, and seven pupils four in one eye three in the other. He had four moles one blue, one scarlet, one green, one yellow, and he had white blond hair. But the spear color is right at least. Although, they did change a bit about all of the Servants.

Other things bother me, but I just wanted to point this out.
Regius Lucis
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Uthred » December 17th, 2008, 3:04 am

Regius Lucis wrote:I've started on the game and watched the anime. Lancer was my favorite character, however he is nothing like he is in his original myth. He had seven fingers on each hand, seven toes on each foot, and seven pupils four in one eye three in the other. He had four moles one blue, one scarlet, one green, one yellow, and he had white blond hair. But the spear color is right at least. Although, they did change a bit about all of the Servants.

Like most mythological figures there are numerous conflicting accounts of what both Cu Chulainn and his equipment looked like. The description you mention above is only referenced (I believe) in the Tain Bo Cullaigne, which, while one of the core sources for the legends of Cu Chulainn, is certainly not the only one. Im surprised you consider the spear to be correct as I dont recall every seeing a reference to its colour - though considering most stories agree it was formed from the bone of a sea monster one would imagine it should be bone coloured. To be honest sticking too closely to the legends may have been a bit of a mistake in this case as a spear that you throw with your toes and that unerringly enters your opponent via his anus doesnt exactly scream "Awesome" ;).

Though I wouldnt have minded if they kept the material about it expanding into multiple barbs inside the opponent and "coursing through the highways and byways of his body so that every single joint filled with barbs." As it would have spared all that altered causality wankerey.
Uthred
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Rikh » December 17th, 2008, 4:01 am

Uthred wrote:
Regius Lucis wrote:I've started on the game and watched the anime. Lancer was my favorite character, however he is nothing like he is in his original myth. He had seven fingers on each hand, seven toes on each foot, and seven pupils four in one eye three in the other. He had four moles one blue, one scarlet, one green, one yellow, and he had white blond hair. But the spear color is right at least. Although, they did change a bit about all of the Servants.

Like most mythological figures there are numerous conflicting accounts of what both Cu Chulainn and his equipment looked like. The description you mention above is only referenced (I believe) in the Tain Bo Cullaigne, which, while one of the core sources for the legends of Cu Chulainn, is certainly not the only one. Im surprised you consider the spear to be correct as I dont recall every seeing a reference to its colour - though considering most stories agree it was formed from the bone of a sea monster one would imagine it should be bone coloured. To be honest sticking too closely to the legends may have been a bit of a mistake in this case as a spear that you throw with your toes and that unerringly enters your opponent via his anus doesnt exactly scream "Awesome" ;).

Though I wouldnt have minded if they kept the material about it expanding into multiple barbs inside the opponent and "coursing through the highways and byways of his body so that every single joint filled with barbs." As it would have spared all that altered causality wankerey.

I think the striking death flight is the closest thing we will see towards the true effect... explosions>barbs in joints at least :|

umm... i didnt like how taiga had no serious roles...
Taiga in UBW had an awesome part when she was taken by caster. Shiro honestly should have gone for her over sakura in hf as well... Taiga obviously has a more gripping/depressing backstory....right...? =(
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Xamdou » December 17th, 2008, 4:02 am

If Taiga fought the Holy Grail War , who do you think she will summon ? :roll:
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » December 17th, 2008, 4:05 am

I think it was mentioned she is quite strong. She was among the few who didn't succumb to Bloodfort Andromeda. Impressive for a normal human without the protection of circuits.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Xamdou » December 17th, 2008, 4:06 am

Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:I think it was mentioned she is quite strong. She was among the few who didn't succumb to Bloodfort Andromeda. Impressive for a normal human without the protection of circuits.
She was a pro in Kendo in her school days
Edit: She might be as agile and strong as a real tiger? Who knows ?
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Rikh » December 17th, 2008, 4:09 am

Xamdou wrote:
Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:I think it was mentioned she is quite strong. She was among the few who didn't succumb to Bloodfort Andromeda. Impressive for a normal human without the protection of circuits.

I heard Taiga beat Saber, Dark Sakura, and Chuck Norris in a fight during the near ending of the game.
Also i heard Taiga never participates in the Holy Grail War, as its not allowed for a being more powerful than the Grail to be involved

Indeed, not somebody to mess with

GIMME MAI TAIGA ROUTEZZ!!!
that hidden CG of Taiga+Loli will have to do...
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Xamdou » December 17th, 2008, 4:11 am

Rikh wrote:
Xamdou wrote:

I heard Taiga beat Saber, Dark Sakura, and Chuck Norris in a fight during the near ending of the game.
Also i heard Taiga never participates in the Holy Grail War, as its not allowed for a being more powerful than the Grail to be involved

Indeed, not somebody to mess with

GIMME MAI TAIGA ROUTEZZ!!!
that hidden CG of Taiga+Loli will have to do...
In other words , she is a god-like being?lol
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » December 17th, 2008, 4:16 am

There was this doujin about Shirou summoning Taiga as a Sabre, and how she was invulnerable to the mighty Gae Bolg. You should check it out.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Xamdou » December 17th, 2008, 4:18 am

Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:There was this doujin about Shirou summoning Taiga as a Sabre, and how she was invulnerable to the mighty Gae Bolg. You should check it out.
Where can i find it? :)
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Watashimo » December 17th, 2008, 5:10 am

I heard that Taiga unknowingly created the world 3 years ago. All of our memories that were supposedly from before 3 years ago are actually fake memories created when Taiga recreated the world.
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raitei » December 17th, 2008, 5:31 am

Xamdou wrote:In other words , she is a god-like being?lol
no, she IS the god of death. :)

There was this doujin about Shirou summoning Taiga as a Sabre, and how she was invulnerable to the mighty Gae Bolg. You should check it out.
oh yeah, her luck was ex. and no, not saber. she was summoned as a whole new class, "tiger"

eg. class : tiger
true identity : fujimura taiga
and so on...
Last edited by Raitei on December 17th, 2008, 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Xamdou » December 17th, 2008, 5:33 am

Raitei wrote:no, she IS the god of death. :)

A special shinigami who uses shinai instead of reaper :)
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby spathi » December 17th, 2008, 12:51 pm

Watashimo wrote:I heard that Taiga unknowingly created the world 3 years ago. All of our memories that were supposedly from before 3 years ago are actually fake memories created when Taiga recreated the world.

I smell Haruhi
spathi
Addict

Unread postby Xamdou » December 17th, 2008, 12:53 pm

spathi wrote:
Watashimo wrote:I heard that Taiga unknowingly created the world 3 years ago. All of our memories that were supposedly from before 3 years ago are actually fake memories created when Taiga recreated the world.

I smell Haruhi
Didn't you know?Haruhi was the long lost daughter of Taiga
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » December 17th, 2008, 1:04 pm

Xamdou wrote:
spathi wrote:

I smell Haruhi
Didn't you know?Haruhi was the long lost daughter of Taiga
I feel pity for her husband... if there's one ( willing? surviving? ), that is. :P
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat