F/sn Bug Report [v3.2]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: F/sn Bug Report [v3.2]

Unread postby SleepingPanda » January 8th, 2010, 2:11 am

-Using Fate/Stay Night version 3.2
-Using CD version and Realta Nua PS2 Disc
-Using with (and without) Realta Nua Voice Patches

After Saber meets Rin for the first time at the end of the Prologue, when the screen turns white, the game (while in window mode) re-sizes to just small enough that the menu and text areas aren't visible and an "Information" message box pops up. Depending on my System Locale, this message box says either nothing at all (while set to US Locale) or says something in Japanese (with the Japanese Locale). After clicking the 'OK' button on the "Information" box, I'm able to call the menu and load/save as per usual while all this is happening (without actually seeing the menu since it's off screen) and the game itself never progresses past that white screen.

The error log of that exact moment is duplicated below. It's important to note that the exact same text from the "Information" box is also below.

Code: Select all
22:06:46 ==== An exception occured at movie.tjs line 73 [(function) open], VM ip = 9 ====
22:06:46 -- Disassembled VM code --
22:06:46 #(73)          super.open(storage);
22:06:46 00000009 calld %0, %2.*1(%-3)   // *1 = (string)"open"
22:06:46 -- Register dump --
22:06:46 %-4=(int)480  %-3=(string)"op01.mpg"  %-2=(object)(object 0x0012EBF0:0x00000000)
22:06:46 %-1=(object)(object 0x0A8BF38C:0x0A8BF38C)  %0=(void)
22:06:46 %1=(object)(object 0x0148D65C:0x00000000)
22:06:46 %2=(object)(object 0x01C1B850:0x00000000)  %3=(void)  %4=(string)"480"
22:06:46 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22:06:46 krmovie.dll/krflash.dll 内でエラーが発生しました/The stream has no video components or has unsupported video format. at movie.tjs line 73 [(function) open]
22:06:46 script exception : krmovie.dll/krflash.dll 内でエラーが発生しました/The stream has no video components or has unsupported video format. at movie.tjs line 78 [(function) open]
22:06:46 trace :
22:06:46 エラーが発生しました
ファイル : プロローグ.ks   è¡Œ : 13
タグ : openvideo ( ← エラーの発生した前後のタグを示している場合もあります )
krmovie.dll/krflash.dll 内でエラーが発生しました/The stream has no video components or has unsupported video format.
22:06:46 script exception : エラーが発生しました
ファイル : プロローグ.ks   è¡Œ : 13
タグ : openvideo ( ← エラーの発生した前後のタグを示している場合もあります )
krmovie.dll/krflash.dll 内でエラーが発生しました/The stream has no video components or has unsupported video format. at conductor.tjs line 177 [(function) timerCallback]

I have tried reinstalling the game and I have also tried running it as an Administrator and in compatibility mode for both Vista SP1 and Vista SP2.
Other people have claimed to run into this problem and one person 'fixed' it on their own. This person never noted exactly how they went about doing that.
SleepingPanda
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Endymion » January 10th, 2010, 1:25 am

I was having this problem but also somehow managed to fix that.
This is may be because built-in win7 decoder fails to decode videos in FSN and its hard to switch to another decoder because of win7's restrictions or because haali splitter, which claims to support win7 is still filled with bugs and probably messing up something even here.

Try to uninstall haali splitter and reinstall latest one without touching its settings. Also reinstall latest ffdshow revision, make sure that mpeg1 decoding is on in directshow filters and turn off any kind of postprocessing if there is any. Also make sure that EVR, Haali or madVR renderer is not set to be default in your system (if you don't know what is that - then probably not and you can skip this step). Reboot after that.

Oh yes, I'm not using any codec packs, but it is also possible for them to mess up something.
Endymion
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ViktorIvanov » January 10th, 2010, 4:43 am

I keep running into an error on the Extra Menu. Whenever I try to access the Image Gallery sub-menu, it pups up an error message. I can access the rest of the Extras and run through the game fine, that's the only major error that pops up. I've been doing some general searches to see if anyone has had the same problem, but no hits came up. Anyone have any ideas as per the problem? Sorry if it's already been brought up, and I overlooked it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Image Image
ViktorIvanov
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby efmcuiti » January 13th, 2010, 12:55 am

SleepingPanda wrote:-OS: Windows 7 RTM (32 bit)
-Using Fate/Stay Night version 3.2
-Using CD version and Realta Nua PS2 Disc
-Using with (and without) Realta Nua Voice Patches

After Saber meets Rin for the first time at the end of the Prologue, when the screen turns white, the game (while in window mode) re-sizes to just small enough that the menu and text areas aren't visible and an "Information" message box pops up. Depending on my System Locale, this message box says either nothing at all (while set to US Locale) or says something in Japanese (with the Japanese Locale). After clicking the 'OK' button on the "Information" box, I'm able to call the menu and load/save as per usual while all this is happening (without actually seeing the menu since it's off screen) and the game itself never progresses past that white screen.

Well I got the same problem and here is how i fix it:

First of all, I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 and installed Win XP SP3 through: Virtual Box.
While playing Fate, i got the problem you described (the game seems to freeze when Saber appears in front of Rin).

Looks like it's a problem with the videos inside the game that Win XP SP3 doesn't support anymore.

I've downloaded a win XP SP2 and installed it via VirtualBox... then installed Fate (CD version) on that new system (and copied the savedData directory into the new installation).

And... boila... I got to see the opening movie of the game and all looks great.

Hope this way works for you too... (if you're using Windows... I suggest to get VirtualPC or VMware or something like that and then install a win XP SP2 in a new virtual machine... that way, you can play your Fate Stay Night copy with a whole system just for it).
efmcuiti
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Endymion » January 13th, 2010, 1:45 am

Compared to XP SP2, in XP SP3 nothing is changed that can affect playback of these videos. If this is the case for you, most likely you dealing with "customized" distro and they have different preinstalled software which do affect playback.
Endymion
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby efmcuiti » January 14th, 2010, 11:25 am

Endymion wrote:Compared to XP SP2, in XP SP3 nothing is changed that can affect playback of these videos. If this is the case for you, most likely you dealing with "customized" distro and they have different preinstalled software which do affect playback.

You may be right, but i posted my solve for those who have vista or win7.. since those versions may have changes that affect playbacks. So if this way may help them.. then is a good option.

Regards
efmcuiti
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Thalnos » February 13th, 2010, 8:51 pm

I'm having a crash error on day 5 of the Fate route (the date being 2/4). It happens after shirou goes running through his house trying to find Rin and Sakura and he sees them at the door. It's fine then in the middle of a word this occurs:

error if I run the game under Japanese Locale:

I can right click and try to load but then it just keeps popping up and crashing the game.

-Get this error on all computers I've tried, WinXP and Win7, English Locale or when using Applocale to run in Japanese locale
-Version 3.1 originally, upgraded to 3.2 same error
-CD version
-Normal edition, no voices
"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." - Bill Maher
Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Acadriel » March 16th, 2010, 5:58 pm

- OS windows xp Home Sp1
- Fate stay night version 3.2
- CD version
- with Voice Version

Ok, I installed the game and tested without the english patch. Checked a few things and then applied MirrorMoon's patch.
After some played time, noticed that the "Commune" button is not present at the game menu. This button was there before the English patch D:
Some Rin's Archer summon scene images were missing too (Prologue). After the patch, it's only shown the magic circle.
Missing images:
Acadriel
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ArchDemon » March 17th, 2010, 10:40 pm

Acadriel wrote:- OS windows xp Home Sp1
- Fate stay night version 3.2
- CD version
- with Voice Version

Ok, I installed the game and tested without the english patch. Checked a few things and then applied MirrorMoon's patch.
After some played time, noticed that the "Commune" button is not present at the game menu. This button was there before the English patch D:
Some Rin's Archer summon scene images were missing too (Prologue). After the patch, it's only shown the magic circle.

Forgive me for being skeptical, but where did you get your copy from?
I like extracting images from the games I hack, and I have never seen those images nor the "Commune" button in the CD or DVD versions of Fate/stay night for PC.

The screenshots themselves are a little questionable too.

1. If you cut out the menu frame properly, the images should be at 800x600 pixels exactly.
2. All the other bug report images either contain window frames or desktop screenshots, yet these ones have no frames.
3. The image quality is so bad that they look like they came from Realta Nua running in an emulator.

Now, I'm not saying that the screenshots are fake, I'm just wondering why nobody else has reported this and where exactly that you got your copy from.

According to GameFAQs, only 3 versions of the game were released on PC. 2 versions on CD and 1 version on DVD.
The CD versions are older than the DVD version. TakaJun has one of the CD versions and I have the DVD version. Those images above do not exist in either versions.
I find it hard to believe that TYPE-MOON would remove those images from a newer version of the game.

Edit: Hahaha, I just realized something. The text in those screenshots is in Chinese.
Either you're pulling our leg or you did not get the original Japanese version and could possibly have some butchered Chinese bootleg copy.

The English patch was only meant to work with the original Japanese version of Fate/stay night.

ArchDemon
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby sevalle » May 16th, 2010, 6:19 am

thread necromancy: are those screens from Realta Nua or F/HA? just curious to know
sevalle
Might just like this board

Unread postby Gunbladeuser » May 20th, 2010, 10:05 pm

sevalle wrote:thread necromancy: are those screens from Realta Nua or F/HA? just curious to know

Yes, they are.
Gunbladeuser
Addict

Unread postby ryk » June 11th, 2010, 12:14 am

Using Fate stay night v3.2
DVD, voiced

At various points through the story the game crashes and I get this error message:

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/307/capturem.jpg

followed by a bunch of error boxes saying "C++ Exception", forcing me to Ctrl+Alt+Del out of the program.

I installed using compatibility with Vista SP2 and the error seems to happen regardless of the compatibility settings when I run the game.

If anyone can help, it would be appreciated, but I already finished the game before I reformatted so it's not that big a deal.
ryk
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby arkady18 » June 11th, 2010, 6:56 am

Have you edited images or installed some patch that replaces some CGs?
If so, that should be the cause.
The message says the error is at line 685 in the scene セイバールート三日目-05.ks, whose title is "The Strongest Enemy".
The line is this

@fadein file=49街破壊・車 time=400 method=crossfade fliplr=true.

and it's meant to show an image(a destroyed car). The message ends with this: "Cannot guarantee bitmap usage memory/at TVPAllocBitmapBits(size=1920048(800x600))"

Well, I don't really understand anything of what I've just said^^, but I guess the issue is due to the size of the CG and to the fact that it's a bitmap, when the original is a .tlg file.
arkady18
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby ryk » June 11th, 2010, 2:37 pm

Never installed any other patches other than the mirror moon translation and I have no idea how to edit the cgs lol.

Guess I'll try and see if a reinstall works.
ryk
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Klwoodiswin » June 24th, 2010, 2:03 pm

-Deleted-
Klwoodiswin
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Aster Selene » July 2nd, 2010, 2:39 pm

Jenia wrote:-Ubuntu 9.4, WINE version 1.1.26
-Fate/Stay Night version 3.2
-DVD version
-No Voice

Now, I realize this might be a WINE bug, but I thought I should bring this up anyway.
Whenever I get to the scene where Rin uses her second command spell to save Archer, following Saber pointing her sword at her, I get a blank error message as soon as the screen fades to white.
By "blank" I mean it contains no text other than an "X" for closing it and an "OK" button.
The game stops running, though it does not crash. I am able to access the menu, but not continue the game.

Like I said, this is likely a WINE bug. If there's no solution at this point, could someone please open the save for me where it works, move one click ahead, save, and send it back? My FSN saves, uploaded on sendspace. Second save slot has been saved AFTER error message, though reloading that very slot instead returns to the beginning of the effect (fade to white), which reproduces the error.

I will confirm this as a Wine error. I run Wine on a Mac (Snow Leopard), and it crashed at the exact same location with the exact same error. Now moving all of my files over to XP to test if it works there.
Aster Selene
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby sushimonster » July 13th, 2010, 11:07 pm

Hardware in use:
3GB RAM
Centrino 2 (Intel Core 2 Duo) @ 2.4GHz / CPU
320GB HDD (80GB Free)
1600 x 900 res widescreen (native and in use)
Hybrid switchable nVidea 9300GM 256MB / Mobile Intel 4 Series Graphics Chipset 64MB (both GPUs share upto 1.5GB RAM if required)

Software:
Windows 7 Professional x64 (English New Zealand locale) - running as full admin
FSN DVD (installed with mirrormoon patch 3.2)
Realta Nua EXTRA EDITION Voice installed

Problem description:
It doesn't seem to be a fatal bug, and I have only mentioned this before.
I'm back with a screenshot this time though...
I installed this again on my clean-installed OS, and I test ran it last night to make sure all was well. It was, and I went to sleep.
Woke up today and ran FSN again and I get the message as shown in the screenshot. Like I said, it ain't fatal, but it only appears ONCE on a rather freshly installed FSN installation and never appears again; have had same message appear on my last W7 OS (I had to reinstall OS after a hacking attack...).

FSN runs normally and without glitches after this message (actually, it will continue running normally even with this window left open).

It's a spoiler for a reason; the OP background is the completed version.

It's garbled and has the words 'mirrormoon' in it. I have a hunch that it's because the OS is not officially supported by TYPE-MOON(Vista somewhat was though with patches...).

One thing to note though. As soon as I installed FSN, I immediately copy/pasted my save files into the virtualstore folder, before running FSN. I didn't see (thus accept) that terms and conditions thing which FSN displays when you run it for the first time. But then, I didn't see this window pop up last night in the test run so why now...? Though for message's sake here, I accept those conditions regardless so all good.

But just wish confirm what the message is, if anyone has an idea...?

Thanks
Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project (mirrormoon is NOT translating)

DJMax Korea Veteran Elite Member (Top 350)
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby arkady18 » July 14th, 2010, 12:36 pm

It's garbled and has the words 'mirrormoon' in it.

The fact that appears "mirror moon" is due to the fact that the error displays the title of the program. Within the English patch2.xp3 there is a file (it should be called "config" or something) in which there is the line with the title of the game, which mirror moon changed in "Fate/stay night - Translated by mirror moon".
If you want to know the cause of the error, you should open the game with applocale set in Japanese, so the "garbled text" will become Japanese text that explain the problem.
arkady18
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby sushimonster » July 14th, 2010, 12:42 pm

...meh... It runs as it should so I don't think I'll bother continuously closing and reopening FSN till it appears again.
Actually, it just appeared again a few hours ago; I can't get it to reappear again though. It seems to pop-up at complete random.

I'm more or less curious as to WHAT it is trying to say, if anyone knows or have come across this message in Japanese. I'll setup a applocale shortcut and hopefully it will reappear soon when I'm opening FSN at leisure.
Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project (mirrormoon is NOT translating)

DJMax Korea Veteran Elite Member (Top 350)
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby arkady18 » July 15th, 2010, 9:40 pm

I gave it a try and verified my guess: that's the error the game gives you if you launch it when the program is already open. F/sn gives me the same stupid-incomprehensible message to me if I launch it twice. (I mean with the same incomprehensible scribbles)
I guess that your pc failed to close it properly and gave you that error message

Just out of curiosity, the error is this "(title of the game)はすでに起動しています": (title of the game) is already launched
arkady18
Posting more than n00bs

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat