F/sn Bug Report [v3.2]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: F/sn Bug Report [v3.2]

Unread postby ArchDemon » May 21st, 2012, 3:50 am

Hmm, not sure. It could be your installation or possibly even the locale you're using. I remember trying to run the unicode-converted files (which the current release is based on) on a Korean locale and it wouldn't run.
Maybe you could try copying the files to your computer as you have done, and then try running the installer to do an installation upgrade/repair by pointing it to the game folder.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby Message » May 21st, 2012, 4:02 am

If it's the same version, it'll probably go into reinstall mode, not upgrade. The reasoning behind that is that if the install needs to be fixed, the only way to be sure it's fixed is to reinstall the whole thing. I may change this behavior in the future, but for now if you want to force upgrade mode, edit the VersionNum string in HKLM\Software\mirror moon\Fate/stay night English to a lower value (say, 1.0) and then rerun the installer.

But I'm more expecting it to be locale-related. Did you run the game successfully in this particular locale before?

Unread postby solopy567 » May 21st, 2012, 8:24 am

In this specific one I'm not sure, but the game did work on an English locale, so I assumed it worked. Since the locale pictured is not Japanese nor English, I assume that is the cause.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby ArchDemon » May 21st, 2012, 2:40 pm

Hmm, I'm not sure if this'll work, but maybe you could try using AppLocale or SBAppLocale to run the game via the English locale.

Get AppLocale here.
Get SBAppLocale here.

This may be a bit technical, but you could also try using a virtual machine such as VirtualBox and install Windows XP/Vista/7 with the English locale to a virtual hard drive. (I personally recommend VMware due to its ease of use, especially with its drag n' drop interface, but unfortunately it's not free...)

Another alternative which may be a bit technical is that you can also run the game in Linux with a program called Wine. An easy way to do this would be to download a 32-bit iso for Linux Mint 11 Gnome (or Linux Mint 13 MATE when its released), download the Universal USB Installer, insert an unused pendrive (preferably 4GB+) and use the installer to install Linux Mint 11 Gnome to the pendrive with a persistence file (within the pendrive's space limits) to save any changes made to the OS. After that, reboot your machine and set it to boot from the pendrive. Once booted into Linux Mint 11, click on the Menu, type wine1.3 in the search bar then click install wine1.3 to download and install Wine. Once done, you should hopefully be able to run F/sn from another pendrive. ^_^;;

It all depends on how much trouble you're willing to go to play the game. :)

Hope this helps in some way.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby solopy567 » May 22nd, 2012, 6:43 am

I'll try Applocale. The computer is not even mine and it's ways away from where I am, and the person showed a fleeting interest in FSN, so if Applocale doesn't work then I'll give up.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kaens » May 27th, 2012, 1:29 am

Route Fate, fresh saves, 15-1 Fate. interlude (Saber runs to the church to save Shirou):
Suddenly voice not found errors instead of any voices.
I caught the third one -- the very last page's very last savegame here. These continue for QUITE a while, and the game regains voice when the magus dagger is passed to Shirou.
"That is why you destroyed your own country" much later lacks voicing as well; a couple lines before "About eight meters" as well, then a couple lines before "My brain explodes" a bit later, then before "So I have to stand up", then the "AAHHHHHHH"(ry, then the "Higi"(ry, then the "Kotomine Kirei" shout, then the "Shut up! I never had any plans"; a bit later, the Saber's "Kuh", then the "!" before "Her armor screams out", then the "EXCALIBUR" shout, Shirou's "Ag" and the next few utterances a bit later. (At this point, "cannot be infringed by anything not even by" lost comma.) A bit later, Saber's "EX" and "CALIBUR" yells are missing; a bit later, Shirou's "Kotomine Kirei" shout, as well as the following Shirou's and Saber's lines for too good a while. The route ends in silence.
Patched voiced v3.2 CD version on a W7x64, Japanese locale.

Also, all those "anyways"es aren't even good English.
Last edited by Kaens on May 27th, 2012, 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaens
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » May 27th, 2012, 6:15 am

Thanks for the report, Kaens. It's a bit of a puzzle but we'll look into them for a next version.

Unread postby Zogundar » August 4th, 2012, 2:47 pm

A couple of errors that I can remember:

UBW Route Dead End 15
The scene at the end with Shirou and Lancer has garbled text for Lancer's dialog. Shirou speaks normally, and there is text for his voice. But when Lancer speaks, the text was garbled or something. For every single line of his dialog. But all of Shirou's text was fine.
Heaven's Feel Normal End
On Day 16 Decision 3 after it goes into the Normal End path, at some point I noticed some "missing dialog" error boxes pop up (I didn't understood what dialog was actually missing though, it SEEMED fine.)
Zogundar
Might just like this board

Unread postby DarkResin » September 23rd, 2012, 10:10 am

Win7 Home, Japanese locale, CD version, no voice

I'm incapable of getting past the temporary files part of the installation.

Copy savegames
Create uninstaller
Install font
Extract Readme.txt
Extract Liner Notes.txt
Extract Flowchart.pdf
Extract cxdec.tpm
Extract Fate.ico
Extract patch.xp3
Extract patch2.xp3
Extract patch3.xp3
Extract Fate.exe
Extract splash.bmp
Copy setup.exe (temporary file)
Copy setup-1.bin (temporary file)

I've gotten to inserting the second disk once, but then it froze up on "extracting temporary files" on that disk as well.
This is a legit version of the game - new in fact - that I just bought in Akihabara today.

Edit: it's worth noting the installation doesn't crash - it just infinitely "extracts temporary files".

Edit x2: Was I supposed to install this before I installed the game itself? Was my understanding this was a patch.

Solved: Restarted it, didn't work. Reinstalled the game then restarted and it worked. Forget this post even happened, lol.
DarkResin
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » September 23rd, 2012, 12:43 pm

Perhaps there was a problem with the z-order that made you miss a popup asking to insert disc 3? To answer your question, the installer can both install a new game, and patch an existing game. If the installer asks for the CDs, then it didn't find/recognize the existing game. Make sure to point it at the proper directory, if you want to patch a Japanese install.

Unread postby galren » April 1st, 2014, 6:03 am

I downloaded my version of F/SN off Fuwanovel and each time I go to open the .exe error messages in Japanese pop up along with two text boxes with a blue background with a lot of coding on them.

Local: Japanese
Voiced version on CD
Hardware
Intel® Core™ i3-3327U CPU @ 190GHz 190GHz
4GB Ram
64-bit Operating system, x64-bassed processor.
galren
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Nayrael » July 31st, 2014, 1:04 pm

Hell guys! I have tried installing FSN, but I get this error during the installation:

Also, when I start the installation the installer says that it doesn't recognize my OS, but allows me to continue.

I can say to continue with the installation and finish it, but when I do I get an angry notification window, a window with an empty, blue screen and some small toolbar.

Version 3.2
CD version
Voiced version
Nayrael
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Riktol » September 14th, 2014, 7:57 pm

Evening, I'm currently trying to install Fate/Stay Night, however it isn't working for me.
Details as below:
Translation: version 3.2, downloaded from mirror moon
Fate/Stay Night version: the DVD version from the 2014 10th anniversary box
No Voices

Step by step process:
downloaded the patch
inserted the dvd
ran english patch
Installation runs for a while, accessing the disk
Pops up with the following error message "File copying failed please restart the installation"
The last couple of lines in the installer are
"Copy slideopen.dll
Copy util.dll
Copy wuvobis.dll
Installation failed"

I have tried the following steps:
Restarting installation - did exactly the same thing
Installing in a different directory (tried "C:\Program Files\Fate" and one or two others that I don't remember)
Downloading a new copy of the patch exe - did exactly the same thing
Turning off avast's shields off - still no luck

I have been unable to do the following:
Install the japanese version from the disk in order to patch that.
-When I try to run any of the exe files on the disk I get the following error message "D:\setup\setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application" (the name changes to match the file in question)
-I've switched the system language to Japanese and I get the same error message.

Possible sources of error:
The first time I tried the installation I ran out of disk space due to the way I originally set up the virtualbox. I have created more space and I deleted the files that it had copied over, could that cause problems?
Is it possibly something wrong with virtualbox handling the DVD, not letting the exes run correctly?
Is the 10th anniversary version different to the normal dvd version?

Possible additional steps:
-Uninstall avast and re-try installation
-create a new virtual machine
-create a normal XP installation
-try to get it running on the Host OS (ubuntu 12.04) using Wine (although the reports seem to say that videos don't work and I've never had much success getting anything to work using Wine, even things which supposedly work out of the box)

Can anyone provide some advice on what is most likely to be wrong and what I should try next?

Much appreciated,

Riktol
Riktol
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby solopy567 » September 24th, 2014, 10:25 pm

Hey, I have a small problem.

I have Windows eight , and when I try to use the translation patch, it tell me it is no built for this operating system and make have problems.

Then, in he extraction process, it says that file extraction failed and it stops there. Naturally, the game doesn't work.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Re:

Unread postby keptyouwaitinghuh » December 30th, 2015, 12:27 pm

Coolham23 wrote:- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Japanese locale
- Version 3.2
- CD version
- Voiced version

In UBW: True End, right after Shinji is "expanding" and is in pain, right when the screen fades black, that is when I receive this error:

And I end up with a black screen... I'll be reinstalling the game w/o voices too, to see if can get past this.
Also just in case, here is my save files... I have a save file of the error, and right before it:
http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/coolham23/savedata.rar
I'll probably only keep this file uploaded for a few days, as I need the space in my free Angelfire account... >_>
- Coolham23 -

I also have this problem. I cant advance the story.
keptyouwaitinghuh
Totally hardly posted

Re: Re:

Unread postby ArchDemon » December 30th, 2015, 5:28 pm

keptyouwaitinghuh wrote:
Coolham23 wrote:- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Japanese locale
- Version 3.2
- CD version
- Voiced version

In UBW: True End, right after Shinji is "expanding" and is in pain, right when the screen fades black, that is when I receive this error:

And I end up with a black screen... I'll be reinstalling the game w/o voices too, to see if can get past this.
Also just in case, here is my save files... I have a save file of the error, and right before it:
http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/coolham23/savedata.rar
I'll probably only keep this file uploaded for a few days, as I need the space in my free Angelfire account... >_>
- Coolham23 -

I also have this problem. I cant advance the story.

I don't know what the problem is, but if you upload your saves I'll see if I can reproduce it and try to fix it.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby keptyouwaitinghuh » December 30th, 2015, 10:45 pm

I left out one important piece of information. This is my second time reading the VN. I still had the previous mirrormoon translation version. I was using v3.1. You can also see the quote I used was back in 08. I did a clean re-installation with v3.2 and now it's fine so no worries.

I lost all my descriptions of my save files though. There's some continuity errors, premises and logic fail, sentence structure fail, wording and grammar errors, Audio vs Test, that I made note of.
keptyouwaitinghuh
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ArchDemon » December 31st, 2015, 6:15 am

keptyouwaitinghuh wrote:I left out one important piece of information. This is my second time reading the VN. I still had the previous mirrormoon translation version. I was using v3.1. You can also see the quote I used was back in 08. I did a clean re-installation with v3.2 and now it's fine so no worries.

I lost all my descriptions of my save files though. There's some continuity errors, premises and logic fail, sentence structure fail, wording and grammar errors, Audio vs Test, that I made note of.

Yeah, sometimes the saves might not be compatible if you made a save in the middle of a scene. It's probably best to try loading a save right before a scene ends or at the very beginning of the next one. This problem is usually caused by script changes or edits done in later patches. If that doesn't work, you might be able to find someone else's saves somewhere or use the control key to skip the text until you get back to where you were.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby keptyouwaitinghuh » December 31st, 2015, 7:00 am

I found a post a explains the cause was because either the translation or the voice patch from FSN RN contains something that is not present in FSN PC. The game tries to find something that is missing, either a line of text or a voice dialogue or music or sound effect or something that's from FSN RN but not present in FSN PC, so it just stop.

When you save, you can make note of descriptions. I simply just lost all my descriptions on certain scenes. Because I have found some continuity errors in the UBW route, for example. I planned to post what I found on a forum; animesuki, and just share and discuss what I found and what I think.
keptyouwaitinghuh
Totally hardly posted

Previous

Return to Fate/stay night Chat