F/sn Bug Report [v3.2]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: F/sn Bug Report [v3.2]

Unread postby sushimonster » July 20th, 2009, 12:33 pm

Blackdragon46 wrote:-Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 SP 3
-Fate stay night version 3.2
-CD Version
-Non-voiced

Everything was working fine until just recently when suddenly everytime I enter full screen mode my computers resolution drops down to the lowest possible resolution. If it matters to know, my screens resolution is set to 1400x1050 (the highest for this laptop) and it drops to 800x600 (the lowest) for full screen mode.

I have tried reinstalling both the game and the english patch and the problem is still there. The rest of the game works fine and this isn't causeing any real problems, it's just that I like using full screen for games and with things as they are now the windowed mode screen is larger than the screen for full screen.

Sounds like a power management issue with your tablet. I had a similar issue with my laptop recently (had to reinstall windows) - just had to set the power settings to my preferences again which I forgot to do after the reinstall and it was all sweet.

My lappie has a res of 1600x900 and when it goes into full-screen mode, (800x600) and exits again, windows returns back to the 1600x res. From your question, it seems that your tablet remains at 800x600 after exiting FSN from full-screen? I can reproduce my error if I force my lappie to change thermal power settings while in full screen mode for FSN (thus when I exit FSN, the windows res remains at 800x600 instead of returning back to the 1600x res)
I run Vista; I can't really exactly tell you what to do and where to change the power settings at... I would suggest tweaking some power management settings first, and just playing around from there.

Hope that helps
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Dark_Habit » July 24th, 2009, 4:09 am

Hmmm.....isn't it because the game has a fixed resolution...
It will probably run in the settings that is mot suitable for playing.

sushimonster wrote:From your question, it seems that your tablet remains at 800x600 after exiting FSN from full-screen?

If that's the case then ignore what I said.
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Blackdragon46 » July 26th, 2009, 3:04 am

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. While messing with the power settings did not affect the game in any way, I just happened to check a few other things right after the power settings. Among them I found a few things in the graphics options I must have missed before.

I checked the aspect ratio and found that it was set to "center screen" rather than "full screen (no border)". Chances are I was just messing around with the graphics one day and when I found that changing the aspect ratio had no immediate effect I must have compleatly forgot about it and never bothered to set it back to normal.

Thanks for the replies. By the way, when exiting the game my resolution did go back to normal. It only changed during games. Well, I only checked with F/SN and ragnarok online as the other couple games on this laptop need to be reinstalled, but I'm guessing they would also have been affected.

Thanks again.
Blackdragon46
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Jenia » July 26th, 2009, 6:31 pm

-Ubuntu 9.4, WINE version 1.1.26
-Fate/Stay Night version 3.2
-DVD version
-No Voice

Now, I realize this might be a WINE bug, but I thought I should bring this up anyway.
Whenever I get to the scene where Rin uses her second command spell to save Archer, following Saber pointing her sword at her, I get a blank error message as soon as the screen fades to white.
By "blank" I mean it contains no text other than an "X" for closing it and an "OK" button.
The game stops running, though it does not crash. I am able to access the menu, but not continue the game.

Like I said, this is likely a WINE bug. If there's no solution at this point, could someone please open the save for me where it works, move one click ahead, save, and send it back? My FSN saves, uploaded on sendspace. Second save slot has been saved AFTER error message, though reloading that very slot instead returns to the beginning of the effect (fade to white), which reproduces the error.
Jenia
Might just like this board

Unread postby AzureMoon » September 19th, 2009, 2:31 am

*EDITED*
Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3
3.2 patch
CD version
Normal version

I just installed this game and when I run the new patch, it failed to extract after it scans the 3rd disk. Here's the screenshot. Do I miss something? I kept on repeating the installer still the same results.

AzureMoon
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » September 20th, 2009, 5:36 am

AzureMoon wrote:I just installed this game and when I run the new patch, it failed to extract after it scans the 3rd disk. Here's the screenshot. Do I miss something? I kept on repeating the installer still the same results.

You are not allowed to use our translation on an illegal copy of the game. Buy the game, or don't play our translation.

Unread postby Ryuuka » October 6th, 2009, 12:09 am

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I cannot get it to install in Windows 7 at all. I've tried running it in compatibility mode, and "Run as administrator" mode, but it makes no difference.

3.2 patch
CD Version
Unvoiced

Not sure about the 32-bit version of Windows 7. Also, it's the full version of Windows 7 I'm using, not the RC or any of the betas (Got it through MSDN). I know you can't do anything about it right now, more of a heads up for when the full version is release publicly, and to see if anyone else is having a similar problem.
Ryuuka
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » October 6th, 2009, 10:26 pm

Ryuuka wrote:Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I cannot get it to install in Windows 7 at all.

Please state what exactly is not working, and how it fails.

Unread postby Ryuuka » October 9th, 2009, 5:47 pm

"Setup could not determine your Windows version. This most probably means that this installer is not designed to be run on your operating system. Setup can continue and ignore any Windows-related problems that might occur, but it is not guaranteed that the installation will be successful. Are you sure you want to continue?" - First error, which is obviously because the installer was not designed for Windows 7. If I click Yes and install it, I get the following error:

"File extraction failed. The game will not function properly unless you restart the installation procedure. Are you sure you want to continue?"

If I continue, and try to run the game, I get a with a blue background and an empty error box.
Ryuuka
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » October 10th, 2009, 6:27 am

Ryuuka: By using our translation with an illegal copy of Fate/stay night you are in breach of the F/sn English EULA. If you payed for this copy, you've been cheated. You are only allowed to use our translation with a legal copy of the game.

Unread postby Ryuuka » October 10th, 2009, 12:25 pm

I got it from eBay, but I'm fairly sure it's legit, had no trouble installing it in Vista or XP.

EDIT: Managed to get it working. Tried again and for some reason, running it in XP compatibility mode worked this time. None of the compatibility modes made any difference last time I tried.
Ryuuka
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » October 11th, 2009, 8:37 am

Ryuuka wrote:I got it from eBay, but I'm fairly sure it's legit, had no trouble installing it in Vista or XP.

That's curious... Your problem is very specific for the warez CD version of the game, but it would happen regardless of the OS.

Unread postby Ryuuka » October 12th, 2009, 8:14 pm

It's probably just a bug in Windows 7 or something, there seem to be quite a lot of small glitches with the compatibility mode, probably due to that new "Troubleshoot compatibility" thing. Hopefully it will be fixed eventually.
Ryuuka
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Catastrophe » October 13th, 2009, 12:32 am

^ windows... dont hold your breath for it
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Message » October 13th, 2009, 4:30 am

Sigh... It'll be on my ever-growing to-do list. T__T

Unread postby ms01 » October 27th, 2009, 2:32 pm

windows vista 32 bits English locale
-Using Fate stay night version 3.2
-Using CD version
-Using with Voice Version

I just installed the game successfully yeseterday with the english and voice patch. Everything went smoothly in the game during the prologue until just after the scene where Saber appear in front of Rin. After that the game crash with series rapid screen displays and then the game return the to the main menu. How should I fix this problem? I would greatly appreciate any help.
ms01
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ms01 » October 27th, 2009, 7:43 pm

Please disregard my previous post, I finally fix the problem

thanks
ms01
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Abikuma » November 10th, 2009, 5:08 am

Windows XP Media Edition Jap Locale
-Using Fate stay night version 3.2
-Using CD version
-Using with Voice Version

I'm getting some weird bug with the game. The text in the game doesn't slowly appear (like if it was being typed and whatnot.). It just plops out on the screen instantly, and stops the voices from playing. It's like it skips the sentence, and I dunno how to fix it.
Abikuma
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby sushimonster » November 10th, 2009, 12:27 pm

Ryuuka wrote:It's probably just a bug in Windows 7 or something, there seem to be quite a lot of small glitches with the compatibility mode, probably due to that new "Troubleshoot compatibility" thing. Hopefully it will be fixed eventually.

Before installing on x64, right click the English patch, go to the compatibility tab at the top, tick the run as admin box, and run under Vista Sp2 compatibility.
I knew something was wrong when I started up the installer (had the bad windows message come up), so exited and started up again with the above steps and all good (except, read below)
---------------------------------------------------------------
System info:
2.4GHz Centrino 2 Duo
3GB SDDR3 RAM
320GB HDD (150GB free)
Intel 4 Series/ nVidia 9 Series Hybrid Graphics (both at 1GB GDDR3 each)
Windows 7 x64 Professional
13.1' LED LCD (native at 1600x900)
English Locale (no applocale)

Fate installation:
DVD
No voice (not yet, at least)

Bug 1.
Did a clean install from a x86 Vista Business to a x64 7 Pro. The FSN installation on Vista works without problems, that is, it saves in Program Files. In the other hand, with x64 Windows 7, it goes into the virtualstore folder instead (nothing in the program files folder).

I am guessing this is because FSN on my machine installed in the Program Files(x86) folder, so it goes to virtualstore instead. But just letting you know, in the unlikely case this has been reported (or the search at the top has failed me...)

At the moment though, moving all my old saves into virtualstore lets me play them without problems, so I guess that is good.

Bug 2.
message will probably remember me a few months back posting a laggy nVidia 9300 graphics problem (and you told me to get a graphics driver update, to which I quoted something about nVidia's heat issues).
This new Windows 7 uses a brand-spanken new driver, but still laggy with nVidia selected.In addition, I can't get a proper full screen while on the nVidia AND Intel (huge black boxes on the sides; full screen vertically, though not horizontally in the 16:9 ratio - it remains at 4:3). I'm assuming this is a driver issue since full screen worked on Vista's graphics drivers and with both GPUs

On a more detailed analysis, when I choose to EXIT full screen, I can see the menu bar at the top fully extend horizontally before returning to a window mode. This is with both nVidia and Intel. So I am thinking this maybe solvable with a few tweaks......?
Another theory; I have yet to install voice on my new FSN installation. Maybe there is a slight chance the full screen ain't working due to the lack of voices? I did save all my previous saves with a voiced install of FSN so... Will be applying voices when I have enough free time to stay close to (and leave on) the lappie for approx 3 hours non-stop. Always on the move you see...
Will keep you updated

Bug 3.
I can't reproduce this error, but I once had a window box popup before FSN started, with a garbled message saying "TYPE-MOON Fate/stay night, ....... by mirrormoon." I know I should have taken a screenshot but didn't -_-*
It wasn't a fatal error (can't really even say it was an error per-se) - as soon as I pressed the sole button on the window, FSN started up normally. It is just that I've never seen a similar box before anywhere on this forum...

[EDIT] Bug 2 regarding the 4:3 ratio has been fixed. The new driver I got had scaling full screen ON by default, which is quite a secluded toggle button in the control panel. But the lagging still remains. I have installed FHA on my machine now, and that don't have lags with the 9300GM. So I am guessing it is something on the FSN side. Was planning on installing and trying out FSN without the translation patch (ie, full Japanese install), but still testing some stuff here and there - will try and update this with more developments...
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby L-man » November 17th, 2009, 10:12 am

Windows XP Professional (Duel booted w/ Intel Mac)
Patch 3.2
CD Version
Voiced

Everything works absolutely fine until Day 15 of UBW after the "Intermission contradictory holy grail" scene where I suddenly get a black screen with this message

Tried uninstalling and retrying the whole game up to that point but I still get the same error in the same point.

EDIT : Nevermind. Fixed the problem myself somehow.
L-man
Totally hardly posted

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat