About people liking Rin [Spoilerz]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby JLA » December 18th, 2008, 3:33 am

flurk wrote:^sounds like what a guy in a movie would say about the women he loves. what a fan.
i'm sorry about my narrow perspective of sakura, because i haven't played HF

eharper256 wrote:wears Neko pyjamas!

HOLY F-ING SHIT HOW COULD I FORGET TO MENTION THAT?!?!?

Ahh yes... the Neko-chan pajamas!!
Rin is awesome, plays the tough role but deep inside is a real softy. Reminds me of my wife a bit... probably why Rin is my fave female Fate character.

Flurk... I like your footer. Nice Monty Python reference! :)
-J
JLA
Addict

Unread postby aldw » December 18th, 2008, 4:03 am

Rin's very close to what my ideal type of woman would be, both physically and personality-wise (smart, strong-willed, devoted, compassionate, etc.); if I were a character in the series I'd do my absolute damndest to fight for her as a Ministra Magi (and help ShirouxRin along too). :D
aldw
Might just like this board

Unread postby nobaka » December 18th, 2008, 4:43 am

Kid-Wolf wrote:
Atriel wrote:
JLA wrote:I agree! But I also like Rin because
I feel that in UBW, it's more of a real love story between Shirou and Rin. And it develops over time after Shirou gets through the layers of Tsun into the delicious Dere.

Really? For me it was more of an "Archer & Shirou" route. :lol:

Seconded. :lol:

Thirded. I still struggle to see what the fuck would make him have told Taiga that he prefers Rin over Saber.

Also, regarding tsundere:
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Rikh » December 18th, 2008, 5:09 am

nobaka wrote:Thirded. I still struggle to see what the fuck would make him have told Taiga that he prefers Rin over Saber.

that screenshot is epic win multiplied by infinity...
almost as good as a taiga screen XD
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby nobaka » December 18th, 2008, 6:27 am

Rikh wrote:
nobaka wrote:Thirded. I still struggle to see what the fuck would make him have told Taiga that he prefers Rin over Saber.

Taiga needs more love. :'(
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby WarLord » December 18th, 2008, 10:21 am

Well for me, I like and hate Rin at the same time (Very confusing for me since I can never make up my mind about her). It depends on what arc you're refering to. I hated her the most in the HF arc and liked her the most in the UBW arc. My feelings towards her was indifferent in the fate arc.

Mkilbride wrote:What do you mean for "Haruhi's sake"? I've seen that anime, and she's great, but she has pretty much nothing to do with Rin.

He replaced "God" with "Haruhi". Since you saw the show, I don't think I need to explain why he did that.
WarLord
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby JLA » December 18th, 2008, 1:34 pm

Rikh wrote:

That screen shot is now my wallpaper! :)
JLA
Addict

Unread postby Mkilbride » December 18th, 2008, 2:51 pm

WarLord wrote:Well for me, I like and hate Rin at the same time (Very confusing for me since I can never make up my mind about her). It depends on what arc you're refering to. I hated her the most in the HF arc and liked her the most in the UBW arc. My feelings towards her was indifferent in the fate arc.

Mkilbride wrote:What do you mean for "Haruhi's sake"? I've seen that anime, and she's great, but she has pretty much nothing to do with Rin.

He replaced "God" with "Haruhi". Since you saw the show, I don't think I need to explain why he did that.

Dude, he explained that already. I didn't think he meant it in that way, there are many different things that could mean.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » December 18th, 2008, 3:31 pm

Indeed there's no reason to reash something that has already been explained before.

In any case that pic pretty much would explain the current form of what a tsunderie is as of now, but without the context. Although if you think about it this could be compaired to Tohno Akiha in her normal mode. They both have that same tsunderie act. In any case I remember seeing that pic somewere on BeastLair if I remeber correctly as well.

Although if you want something along yanderie you could compair Akiha in Vermillion mode with Dark Sakura, and I think you'll understand what yanderie is as well.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Catastrophe » December 18th, 2008, 6:31 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:Although if you want something along yanderie you could compair Akiha in Vermillion mode with Dark Sakura, and I think you'll understand what yanderie is as well.

or you can simply post this.....
HOLY SHIT...RUUUUN!!!!!!!! :shock:

if someone doesn't get what yandere is after seeing this feel free to call him/her a "total retarded"
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Watashimo » December 18th, 2008, 7:54 pm

Catastrophe wrote:
Kid-Wolf wrote:Although if you want something along yanderie you could compair Akiha in Vermillion mode with Dark Sakura, and I think you'll understand what yanderie is as well.

if someone doesn't get what yandere is after seeing this feel free to call him/her a "total retarded"

Thats quite scary. ^^;;;;;; Anyone who doesn't run from that group deserves to die. lol
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread postby aldw » December 18th, 2008, 9:33 pm

Watashimo wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:

Thats quite scary. ^^;;;;;; Anyone who doesn't run from that group deserves to die. lol

Well, anyone who could take on that and come out on top would be GAR beyond belief... :lol:
aldw

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » December 18th, 2008, 9:49 pm

Of that pic I can probablly handle Rena, and might get lucky with Dark Sakura. As forthe other two well... um... yeah I don't feel like dying so I'd run from that without a second thought. Although trut be told Eyuphie can be a coin toss on handling her though.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Watashimo » December 18th, 2008, 9:56 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:Of that pic I can probablly handle Rena, and might get lucky with Dark Sakura. As forthe other two well... um... yeah I don't feel like dying so I'd run from that without a second thought. Although trut be told Eyuphie can be a coin toss on handling her though.

As long as your not Japanese you should be fine with Euphie. I never finished Higurashi so I dunno about Rena. Asakura you pretty much have no luck with and Dark Sakura will just eat you :P
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » December 18th, 2008, 10:03 pm

Watashimo wrote:
Kid-Wolf wrote:Of that pic I can probablly handle Rena, and might get lucky with Dark Sakura. As forthe other two well... um... yeah I don't feel like dying so I'd run from that without a second thought. Although trut be told Eyuphie can be a coin toss on handling her though.

As long as your not Japanese you should be fine with Euphie. I never finished Higurashi so I dunno about Rena. Asakura you pretty much have no luck with and Dark Sakura will just eat you :P

Well if Rena is in her Oyashiro mode then pretty much you'll have a hard time. If she's in her "Adawrable Mode" then you may have a chance.

As for Euphie she can be a hand full if you don't play your cards right with her.

As for Asakura, pretty much you'll need kind of a bailout with the help of Nagato Yuki of course. Un;ess you already know about her ability to begin with and have something to counterbalance it.

Finally for Dark Sakura of course that would happen if you approach her in the wrong way. It's best to keep a safe distance with her until she either calmed down, or is fouced on you.

Finally back on topic I'd say at times Rin could be considered somewhat as a yanderie instead since she has her "Evil Smile" and tends to get angry fairly easily if you ask me. I mean she goes as far as trying to shoot down Shirou just by being his idiotic self around her.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Rikh » December 18th, 2008, 10:55 pm

Catastrophe wrote:

I think its missing a nice boat
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Nerroth » December 19th, 2008, 1:27 am

flurk wrote:^sounds like what a guy in a movie would say about the women he loves. what a fan.
i'm sorry about my narrow perspective of sakura, because i haven't played HF

It's only fair at least one of us try to stand up for the plum-haired one here - and I'm happy to volunteer!

And besides, as I said, I don't consider HF to be the be-all and end-all for her... or at least, it doesn't have to be.
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Catastrophe » December 19th, 2008, 1:38 am

Kid-Wolf wrote:Finally back on topic I'd say at times Rin could be considered somewhat as a yanderie instead since she has her "Evil Smile" and tends to get angry fairly easily if you ask me. I mean she goes as far as trying to shoot down Shirou just by being his idiotic self around her.

meh, once again as Raitei states, "her bark is worse than her bite" it seemed through the game that she never tried to kill anyone (besides Sakura, that is), that shots @ Shirou wherent intended to kill. (that if we're talking bout the UBW scene, right?)

she is in the tsundere side of the force however (and thats why i like her so much :lol: )

~~~~~~~~~~
Rikh wrote:I think its missing a nice boat
call me a moron...but i didn't get this one :?
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby WarLord » December 19th, 2008, 2:48 am

Mkilbride wrote:
WarLord wrote:Well for me, I like and hate Rin at the same time (Very confusing for me since I can never make up my mind about her). It depends on what arc you're refering to. I hated her the most in the HF arc and liked her the most in the UBW arc. My feelings towards her was indifferent in the fate arc.

Dude, he explained that already. I didn't think he meant it in that way, there are many different things that could mean.

Ah my fault, I didn't see the post where he explained that. No harm, no foul.
WarLord
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby aldw » December 19th, 2008, 3:44 am

Catastrophe wrote:
Rikh wrote:I think its missing a nice boat
call me a moron...but i didn't get this one :?

That's in reference to 'School Days'...
aldw

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat