Shirou v. Shirou [SPOILERS]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

AlextheLazy
Might just like this board
Posts: 44
Joined: October 30th, 2008, 5:27 am

Unread post by AlextheLazy » November 6th, 2008, 3:36 pm

Rikh wrote:
nobaka wrote:
Kcuf wrote:HF Shirou got more variety of skills he can use, here are the examples: "Nine lives Blade Works", "4-layer Rho Aius", "Caladbolg II", and "Kansho/Bakuya 3-pair combo", plus all the weapons UBW Shirou can use. Also he got a reinforced body and almost a servants speed. I would say that HF Shirou wins, heck, he got access to UBW after 2 years.

Excuse my English...
The only thing that he made on his own is Nine Lives Blade Works. His body didn't get reinforced at all. It was just as weak as it had been (with regular physical training). Speed, battle experience, and all other weapons/techniques come from GARm.

Edit: Negum: Yes. UBW Shirou BEATS Gilgamesh.
eh he didnt do that on his own
HF shiro doesn't even know he is capable of tracing swords on his own until very late in the game, and then he only does so after inheriting knowledge from archer

And for nine lives, that was pretty much all his arms work. He had boosted stamina, and servant like speed by that point (example: him and kotomine running at like 50mph from berserker.... Also jumping from an equivalent nine story building and surviving...)

He did manage to copy berserkers sword once, but it was instantly shattered. for the second round, he used archers arm. Unable to use Unlimited Blade Works, he created Nine Live Blade Works based off of the NP of Hercules's sword
At least that's what i interpreted
That sword is not a Noble Phantasm it's just a rock and Hercules(if summoned as something other then Berserker) can embedded the power of Nine Lives into his weapon iirc Nine Lives is his Bow not a sword

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

Unread post by Raitei » November 6th, 2008, 4:31 pm

AlextheLazy wrote:That sword is not a Noble Phantasm it's just a rock and Hercules(if summoned as something other then Berserker) can embedded the power of Nine Lives into his weapon iirc Nine Lives is his Bow not a sword
right you are. the sword is but just a rock. nine lives is originally the bow of hydra (not hydra's bow), which hercules later ports on his sword as a skill.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

AlextheLazy
Might just like this board
Posts: 44
Joined: October 30th, 2008, 5:27 am

Unread post by AlextheLazy » November 6th, 2008, 7:24 pm

Raitei wrote:
AlextheLazy wrote:That sword is not a Noble Phantasm it's just a rock and Hercules(if summoned as something other then Berserker) can embedded the power of Nine Lives into his weapon iirc Nine Lives is his Bow not a sword
right you are. the sword is but just a rock. nine lives is originally the bow of hydra (not hydra's bow), which hercules later ports on his sword as a skill.
most likely if he was summoned as a lancer he would apply it's power to a javelin after all he was very skilled with them

Rikh
DESU DESU!
Posts: 649
Joined: July 19th, 2008, 6:07 pm
Location: Unlimited Taiga Works

Unread post by Rikh » November 6th, 2008, 9:37 pm

AlextheLazy wrote:
Raitei wrote:
AlextheLazy wrote:That sword is not a Noble Phantasm it's just a rock and Hercules(if summoned as something other then Berserker) can embedded the power of Nine Lives into his weapon iirc Nine Lives is his Bow not a sword
right you are. the sword is but just a rock. nine lives is originally the bow of hydra (not hydra's bow), which hercules later ports on his sword as a skill.
most likely if he was summoned as a lancer he would apply it's power to a javelin after all he was very skilled with them
it would basically be as destructive as Gae Bolg then....

although i admit, my bad, Shiro copied hercules's innate NP, and ported it to his own attack NLBW....

Hercules as saber class would be down right near indestructable imho.... King of the britains might have a gleaming sword, but Hercules has the strength to overpower almost any berserk class without his own berserk buff

Shiirn
Might just like this board
Posts: 37
Joined: September 21st, 2007, 6:51 am

Unread post by Shiirn » November 7th, 2008, 2:20 am

Remember that Mad Enhancement also increases all stats by 1 rank - that is, all stats are lowered 1 rank when he's in any other class
(This is evidenced by the fact that his NP is ranked A in the status screen, despite it being an obvious B in the NP screen.)
Giving him A STR and B everything else (C luck). This is still as high as a Rin Saber, but not as omfgwtfpwn as people may believe. Nine Lives being unlocked would be awesome, but it's essentially a Tsubame Gaeshi with more hits that costs mana.


Shirou is physically weak compared to other people in the game. Even Rin has shown herself to be physically stronger when she Strengthens herself. Even the GARm only enhanced his stats to where he was barely able to keep up with Kotomine (Kotomine was carrying Ilya, remember, and they were about the same speed). He also cannot use UBW, because, IMO, his beliefs changed so much that Archer's incantation could no longer apply to him - He needed to find a new incantation, which Rin implied later.

In UBW, all Shirou has is...UBW. And even then, he's only able to use it efficiently because of the mana Rin is throwing at him - it is mentioned that he wouldn't be able to activate UBW by himself without some backup. Once inside it, people are pretty much fucked - Unless maybe HF Shirou could take some of the weapons in UBW as his own and use them?

If it came down to a GARm HF Shirou (Before activating GARm) VS UBW Shirou (With Rin backup) [Essentially when both are at full strength], HF Shirou has the highest chance of winning - simply because his immediate output of attacks is much higher then UBW Shirou, who must cast his trump card and, by all likelyhood, would find himself decapitated before he could pull it off, since the GARm Shirou can move much faster then UBW Shirou.

Even if UBW Shirou can get UBW on the field, he faces the problem of countering NLBW. Also, as I mentioned before, HF Shirou could, in all likelyhood, pick up the weapons in UBW and use them himself, essentially skipping the GARm's killer effects. They're the same person, after all.



Oh well. Assassin can still beat any character in F/SN in a 1v1 sword fight, no NPs. (A+ Agility + A Mind's Eye + A Luck = freaking hard to hit, as well as being able to spam Tsubame Gaeshi, on top of it literally being said 'his swordplay reached a level beyond what humans can attain'). For a fake servant, he sure is powerful, if very physically weak.


tl;dr

that one guy
Crack Desu!
Posts: 481
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 11:11 pm
Location: How should I know?

Unread post by that one guy » November 7th, 2008, 3:10 am

The thing with UBW was that he couldn't use the same UBW that Archer used. They had two different worlds. However, he can still activate his own, he just needs to find out how. So long as he can still use projection/strengthening/whatever, he has access to UBW. That is the only magic given to Emiya Shirou.

fakeremiya
Might just like this board
Posts: 31
Joined: March 18th, 2008, 5:40 am
Location: Fuyuki City

Unread post by fakeremiya » November 7th, 2008, 4:45 am

It was also mentioned in the ending that given the training, overtime Shirou will be able to activate his Reality Marble.

Tsubasa
Addict
Posts: 101
Joined: October 31st, 2008, 2:37 pm
Location: "Wtf? Where am I?"

Unread post by Tsubasa » November 7th, 2008, 4:50 am

Shiirn wrote:Shirou is physically weak compared to other people in the game. Even Rin has shown herself to be physically stronger when she Strengthens herself. Even the GARm only enhanced his stats to where he was barely able to keep up with Kotomine (Kotomine was carrying Ilya, remember, and they were about the same speed). He also cannot use UBW, because, IMO, his beliefs changed so much that Archer's incantation could no longer apply to him - He needed to find a new incantation, which Rin implied later.

In UBW, all Shirou has is...UBW. And even then, he's only able to use it efficiently because of the mana Rin is throwing at him - it is mentioned that he wouldn't be able to activate UBW by himself without some backup. Once inside it, people are pretty much fucked - Unless maybe HF Shirou could take some of the weapons in UBW as his own and use them?

If it came down to a GARm HF Shirou (Before activating GARm) VS UBW Shirou (With Rin backup) [Essentially when both are at full strength], HF Shirou has the highest chance of winning - simply because his immediate output of attacks is much higher then UBW Shirou, who must cast his trump card and, by all likelyhood, would find himself decapitated before he could pull it off, since the GARm Shirou can move much faster then UBW Shirou.

Even if UBW Shirou can get UBW on the field, he faces the problem of countering NLBW. Also, as I mentioned before, HF Shirou could, in all likelyhood, pick up the weapons in UBW and use them himself, essentially skipping the GARm's killer effects. They're the same person, after all.
I mentioned some of this in my post on the first page but yeah HF Shiro cannot use Archer's Incantation because he ends up with a different ideal(imo). But at the same time in a UBW Shiro vs HF Shiro, UBW is worthless against either one since UBW Shiro can use the technique that he merely copied off Archer, while HF Shiro has access to the knowledge of the original creator. It more or less cancels the advantage and technique out.
That aside everything comes down to battle experience.

Serpentarius
Might just like this board
Posts: 57
Joined: March 17th, 2008, 11:24 pm

Unread post by Serpentarius » November 7th, 2008, 5:22 am

that one guy wrote:The thing with UBW was that he couldn't use the same UBW that Archer used. They had two different worlds. However, he can still activate his own, he just needs to find out how. So long as he can still use projection/strengthening/whatever, he has access to UBW. That is the only magic given to Emiya Shirou.
Well, to be precise, the only magic given to him is putting shape to his mind - HF's Shirou may have a completely different Reality Marble than UBW's Shirou. The field of unlimited blades might represent the constant struggle to approach the ideal of being a superhero that saves everyone, but what would represent Shirou's unconditional love of Sakura? I think it'd be pretty cool to see what shape his Reality Marble takes after the Heaven's Feel route.

Oh, who am I kidding? It's probably just a limitless field of mollusks.

AlextheLazy
Might just like this board
Posts: 44
Joined: October 30th, 2008, 5:27 am

Unread post by AlextheLazy » November 7th, 2008, 7:10 am

Shiirn wrote:Remember that Mad Enhancement also increases all stats by 1 rank - that is, all stats are lowered 1 rank when he's in any other class
(This is evidenced by the fact that his NP is ranked A in the status screen, despite it being an obvious B in the NP screen.)
Giving him A STR and B everything else (C luck). This is still as high as a Rin Saber, but not as omfgwtfpwn as people may believe. Nine Lives being unlocked would be awesome, but it's essentially a Tsubame Gaeshi with more hits that costs mana.
Mad Enhancement was not active 24/7 as proven in Fate and and the rank A NP might just be Nine Lives after all he has it he just can't use it.
Shiirn wrote:Oh well. Assassin can still beat any character in F/SN in a 1v1 sword fight, no NPs. (A+ Agility + A Mind's Eye + A Luck = freaking hard to hit, as well as being able to spam Tsubame Gaeshi, on top of it literally being said 'his swordplay reached a level beyond what humans can attain'). For a fake servant, he sure is powerful, if very physically weak.
True he might even be able to completely evade Gae Bolg and that says something

Tsubasa
Addict
Posts: 101
Joined: October 31st, 2008, 2:37 pm
Location: "Wtf? Where am I?"

Unread post by Tsubasa » November 7th, 2008, 10:14 am

I know what HF Shirou's UBW would be, it'd really be Unlimited Imouto Works!
It'd be a field of Sakura and Ilya that would cripple even the Lowliest Otaku!

+1 HF Shirou.

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ
Posts: 2277
Joined: August 7th, 2007, 12:26 pm
Location: Distant wilderness

Unread post by Raitei » November 7th, 2008, 10:16 am

Tsubasa wrote:I know what HF Shirou's UBW would be, it'd really be Unlimited Imouto Works!
It'd be a field of Sakura and Ilya that would cripple even the Lowliest Otaku!

+1 HF Shirou.
you know what?
► Show Spoiler
and unlimited saber world is enough to blow even the wickedest of otaku. :P
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

Tsubasa
Addict
Posts: 101
Joined: October 31st, 2008, 2:37 pm
Location: "Wtf? Where am I?"

Unread post by Tsubasa » November 7th, 2008, 10:39 am

Yeah I think we can say HF Shirou wins this match
*Gets up* Bout time to be hitting the old dusty trail~

Veldril
Totally hardly posted
Posts: 9
Joined: November 4th, 2008, 6:17 pm

Unread post by Veldril » November 7th, 2008, 11:23 am

Fate's Shirou = Combat Knife (Azoth) with super barrier (Avalon)
UBW's Shirou = Handgun with combat shield (Rho Aius)
HF's Shirou = High-explosive grenade with combat shield (Rho Aius)

So I would say HF Shirou would win against UBW Shirou since UBW Shirou lack skill and experience that can match with HF's Shirou. However, HF's Shirou have a chance to loss against Fate's Shirou if the Fate's Shirou go in a totally defense mode using Avalon continuously (if he can keep up with speed of HF's Shirou) or before the fight since HF's Shirou's attacks would be completely nullified. But I would say a chance that HF's Shirou is quite slim.

Personality wise, I like UBW's Shirou as much as HF's Shirou. They are good in the each of their way. Their mind are strong, not yielding even they're shown that what they wish is (or seems) impossible to reach.

Xamdou
DESU DESU!
Posts: 584
Joined: October 19th, 2008, 7:38 am
Location: The Ever Distant WC

Unread post by Xamdou » November 10th, 2008, 1:10 am

Fate Hollow Ataraxia's Shirou is so much better then any route of Shirou as
► Show Spoiler
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."

Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
Posts: 1833
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 8:08 pm
Location: Inside the Depletion Garden
Contact:

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » November 10th, 2008, 3:06 am

IT goes to show you that F/HA Shirou rules them all since
► Show Spoiler

Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!
Posts: 501
Joined: July 15th, 2007, 2:49 pm

Unread post by Keeper of Gil's Vault » November 10th, 2008, 4:47 am

► Show Spoiler

KratosIrving
<3 *rip* *splurt*
Posts: 205
Joined: October 20th, 2008, 3:11 am
Location: Fort Worth, TX

Unread post by KratosIrving » November 10th, 2008, 5:06 am

I don't think it was ever possible for EMIYA to be Saber. Sure, UBW allows him to make infinite swords, but he's Archer, and only Archer for the same reason Gil is also classified as Archer.

Undream
Crack Addic!
Posts: 197
Joined: March 21st, 2008, 6:07 am
Location: There

Unread post by Undream » November 10th, 2008, 5:16 am

I though he was clasified as an Archer because he actually practiced archery while he was alive, mastering the... what was the skill again?
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode

KratosIrving
<3 *rip* *splurt*
Posts: 205
Joined: October 20th, 2008, 3:11 am
Location: Fort Worth, TX

Unread post by KratosIrving » November 10th, 2008, 3:04 pm

I thought it was because the swords he could produce with UBW could be used like projectiles, just like the NP's in Gil's GoB.

Post Reply