Lancer *spoiler*

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Lancer *spoiler*

Unread postby Arteas » November 4th, 2008, 7:14 pm

Anyone who's played the three routes has probably realized by now that Lancer got majorly gipped. He's obviously very powerful so I was wondering how people think he would do if he had gotten a good master like Rin or if he had been able to compete with his original one.

I personally think he would do well, he's shown on numberous instances to be very powerful, having a pretty even fight with Saber when they both had handicaps, showing dominance in his fight against Archer in UBW and kicking the crap outta True Assassin until he was trapped, after being forced to pass up several oppertunities to kill him.

The only people I could really see Lancer being at a major disadvanage against are Berserker and Gil, since God Hand would be pretty much impossible for him to break on his own, and since he has issues against the Gate of Babylon, and I think he could probably stand a change against Gil under different circumstances than the ones in Fate.
Arteas
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby KratosIrving » November 4th, 2008, 7:30 pm

Yeah, it's true Lancer got gimped, and never really got the screen time he needed. At least he had great qualities in UBW. (Although I'm biased as hell, Lancer avi = fanboy 8) )
KratosIrving
<3 *rip* *splurt*

Unread postby DarkEyes » November 4th, 2008, 8:38 pm

yeah well every servant is powerfull and they have atleast 2 NPs each so it aint rly a contest of power but more like "who kills who first, wins"... depends alot on circumstances i guess =p besides watching normal 1x1 fights would get boring xD
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Rikh » November 4th, 2008, 10:15 pm

Lancer could beat Gil

He just needs to activate his NP before Gil
(however if Gilgamesh is 'lucky' enough to dodge it, he will have to retreat and try again. Lancer is remarkable at agility, so he could probably retreat)
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AlinSabel » November 4th, 2008, 10:50 pm

Rikh wrote:Lancer could beat Gil

(however if Gilgamesh is 'lucky' enough to dodge it, he will have to retreat and try again. Lancer is remarkable at agility, so he could probably retreat)

Didn't work in Fate. Lancer got OWNED in the church.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Nerroth » November 4th, 2008, 10:56 pm

Maybe Nasu just likes has a problem with Irish heroes?

F/Z Lancer had a bad end, too...
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Rikh » November 4th, 2008, 10:59 pm

AlinSabel wrote:

Yah, but Lancer was in a bad territory. In the open he can freely dodge gil's swords im sure, He also has near absolute protection from ranged attacks. So he can avoid and parry them if that's all that is being used against him

Although in a closed space like the church, and him being surprised somewhat... it was not too favorable
Also sneaking up on gil with Gae Bolg is nearly a sure kill
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » November 4th, 2008, 11:02 pm

Rikh wrote:Yah, but Lancer was in a bad territory. In the open he can freely dodge gil's swords im sure, He also has near absolute protection from ranged attacks. So he can avoid and parry them if that's all that is being used against him

Although in a closed space like the church, and him being surprised somewhat... it was not too favorable
gil doesn't even have to use sword barrage for that. no matter how fast lancer is, or how advantageous his position is, just one click and he's done for good. wanna know what?
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby AlinSabel » November 4th, 2008, 11:07 pm

Rikh wrote:
AlinSabel wrote:

Yah, but Lancer was in a bad territory. In the open he can freely dodge gil's swords im sure, He also has near absolute protection from ranged attacks. So he can avoid and parry them if that's all that is being used against him

He wasn't surprised either. Well, both of them attacked the other when they should have been attacking someone else, so...

Gil 'sneaking up' on anyone with Gate of Babylon is also a sure kill. Both of them are 'knights', they wouldn't sneak up on anyone.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Maes » November 4th, 2008, 11:13 pm

Gil has too much pride in himself. He'd rather watch his opponent struggle and eventually be crushed, or just straight obliterat them with overwhelming force. It's been a long while since I played through the Fate route, but he could have easily destroyed everyone and everything in and around the Emiya household in Fate before anyone even knew he was there, but he didn't.
その目だれの目?
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » November 4th, 2008, 11:22 pm

Raitei wrote:
Rikh wrote:Yah, but Lancer was in a bad territory. In the open he can freely dodge gil's swords im sure, He also has near absolute protection from ranged attacks. So he can avoid and parry them if that's all that is being used against him

gil doesn't even have to use sword barrage for that. no matter how fast lancer is, or how advantageous his position is, just one click and he's done for good. wanna know what?

Enkidu? ....

wait wait! I am gonna "wiki" it.

EDIT: Ok! I already did it. But what has to do enkidu with it? He is another Hero, isn't he? I don't think Gil is capable to summon another heroes despite the fact they once served him....
or is he?

Moreover Lancer is bounded by one of his geass to be killed by one of the swords Gil posseses. (Don't say anything about Lancer's ability to survive despite his wounds. If he promised to die, he has to die!)
NOte: currently looking for the sword's name
Last edited by zweiterversuch on November 4th, 2008, 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Raitei » November 4th, 2008, 11:25 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:wait wait! I am gonna "wiki" it.
...? :?

@ maes : yeah, the king of carelessness simply phails everything.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby zweiterversuch » November 4th, 2008, 11:36 pm

Ok! The name of the sword is Kaladbolg. (the one archer uses.)
Lancer was supposed to be defeated once by this sword. (NOte: Defeated, not killed....sorry about that. :P )

Anyway...come to think of it...why didn't archer use it against him? As a human swords-coping-machine Archer should know the legends of the swords he makes, so why didn't he just tried to defeat Lancer with it?
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby AlinSabel » November 4th, 2008, 11:36 pm

Enkidu - the chains used on Berserker.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » November 4th, 2008, 11:37 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:Ok! The name of the sword is Kaladbolg. (the one archer uses.)
Lancer was supposed to be defeated once by this sword. (NOte: Defeated, not killed....sorry about that. :P )

Anyway...come to think of it...why didn't archer use it against him? As a human swords-coping-machine Archer should know the legends of the swords he makes, so why didn't he just tried to defeat Lancer with it?
if only given the chance, he would I think. lancer just doesn't give him the space and time to trace and shoot it.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby Zarxs » November 5th, 2008, 12:25 am

Gilg beats anyone with Divinity because of Enkidu. Lancers rank B divinity is no exception, unfortunately.
I will create a utopia down here on earth. A peaceful and prosperous one. A sanctuary for those that are alive, and yet, in turmoil. I might not be able to accomplish this during my lifetime. But, the first step will have been taken by me. God will most likely approve of me deeds, and try to take me to heaven. And than, I will say to him, "I do not require the land above, nor your approval. Our utopia is down upon earth."
Zarxs
Might just like this board

Unread postby Shikiller » November 5th, 2008, 12:26 am

Why would Archer use Kaladbolg as an arrow? Kaladbolg is a sword. Kaladbolg 2 is the arrow. He never had the chance to weild a sword? ok.
maybe because the weilder has to be born in ireland?
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Nerroth » November 5th, 2008, 12:32 am

I think the geis is only with someone from Ulster, not from Ireland as a whole.

Diarmuid using it would have no bonus effect against Cu Chulainn, for example.
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Shikiller » November 5th, 2008, 12:36 am

Yes, Ulster, thank you, i didn't remember the province.

The wielder of Kaladbolg has to be born in Ulster.
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Nerroth » November 5th, 2008, 12:39 am

Shikiller wrote:Yes, Ulster, thank you, i didn't remember the province.

Well, I was born there...
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat