Error & no choice/scene in UBW route

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Error & no choice/scene in UBW route

Unread postby Mirri » November 4th, 2008, 2:58 pm

When I was clearing through the UBW route again today in order to get every scene, I get an error when I hit the scene "15th Day: Return home, night - before the final battle"
The scene shows up as a black screen when I go to it normally, and it just shows the skip scene background when I skip to it.

Below is a screenshot of the error. I have japanese text support, updated to the most recent.

I am using Windows Vista 32 bit with Service Pack 1. I am using the voice patch - I have not updated to hotfix 3.1 as I find the flow-chart in game to be useful. If this is caused by this, I can get rid of it. If further software or hardware details are necessary I will post them, or edit them in to this post.

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/7164/erroreg5.jpg

edit: I checked a past save and I have a save point at this scene with the choice open. I am not able to load from it either. If I load it, it will open to the Shirou's room background and then skip back to the main menu.
Mirri
Into 17 Pieces

Re: Error & no choice/scene in UBW route

Unread postby Balcerzak » November 4th, 2008, 4:23 pm

Mirri wrote:When I was clearing through the UBW route again today in order to get every scene, I get an error when I hit the scene "15th Day: Return home, night - before the final battle"
The scene shows up as a black screen when I go to it normally, and it just shows the skip scene background when I skip to it.

Below is a screenshot of the error. I have japanese text support, updated to the most recent.

I am using Windows Vista 32 bit with Service Pack 1. I am using the voice patch - I have not updated to hotfix 3.1 as I find the flow-chart in game to be useful. If this is caused by this, I can get rid of it. If further software or hardware details are necessary I will post them, or edit them in to this post.

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/7164/erroreg5.jpg

edit: I checked a past save and I have a save point at this scene with the choice open. I am not able to load from it either. If I load it, it will open to the Shirou's room background and then skip back to the main menu.

This is a known issue with the current voice patch. See the Bug Report thread for more details. It will be fixed in the next release, but they're waiting to quash a couple other bugs before doing so, as I understand it.

To save you the trouble though of reading through the entire thread if you're not interested, though, an effective workaround is to rename your patch4.xp3 to patch4.xp3.bak so that when you start Fate.exe it doesn't recognize you have the voice install and only loads the patches for the unvoiced install. Play through that scene, save, exit, and re-enable your voice patch by re-naming the file back to patch4.xp3.
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Return to Fate/stay night Chat