UBW question...SPOILERS are inevitable

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

UBW question...SPOILERS are inevitable

Unread postby Ryougi07 » November 3rd, 2008, 5:47 am

I've been wondering for a while, I didn't get the part where Saber was surprised when Archer(heroic emiya) mentioned that he was betrayed and killed by someone he saved. Was it revealed who killed archer?
"You're better off without the scent of blood, I might just suddenly cut you up."
Ryougi07
Addict

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 3rd, 2008, 5:53 am

A Politician, I believe it said. He covered for a Politicians mistake and saved a bunch of people, but in the end, the guy betrayed him and used him as a Scape Goat? I think.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Ryougi07 » November 3rd, 2008, 6:43 am

There was no politician mentioned, well, there something like that implied. Like him being seen only as a tool by others and him responding to that usage because he wanted to protect his ideal. But that's where I got confused because Saber acted as if she knew who killed him.
"You're better off without the scent of blood, I might just suddenly cut you up."
Ryougi07
Addict

Unread postby Divine » November 3rd, 2008, 8:02 am

It's been a while so bear with me.

The game doesn't specifically say who/what killed him.

I believe this is what happened.

1. A natural disaster occurred which Shirou could not prevent with his own power. Around 100 people died.
2. Shirou formed his contract with the world which stipulated that he would become a counter guardian at death and in return, those people would be saved.
3. One or more of those people decided to blame Shirou for the disaster and thus he was executed.

I don't think saber was gasping because she knew exactly what happened since Saber only knows Archer through her experience as Shirou's servant. Rather, she is gasping since the people he saved with his sacrifice were the cause of his demise.
Divine
Addict

Unread postby Ryougi07 » November 3rd, 2008, 9:01 am

oh, so that means her surprise was only at the similarity of their circumstances. Thanks for clearing that up. :D
Ryougi07
Addict

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 3rd, 2008, 2:57 pm

Yeah, poor Shirou. Acted like an Idiot and that's what happened.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Return to Fate/stay night Chat