Heaven's Feel Discussion [Spoilers!]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Rikh » November 4th, 2008, 12:11 am

This was absolutely amazing
Took me around 25 hours total game time to finish it too, and thats only one endings ;)

i have to say
(Ending Spoilers)
► Show Spoiler

also i must say that i prefer HF over all the other routes. Its longer and completely different from how the others play off
► Show Spoiler
although my favorite part at the end was when
► Show Spoiler
Also one more thing
► Show Spoiler

Well those were my favorite spoils, check at your own risk

TY Mirrormoon for the great job!

KratosIrving
<3 *rip* *splurt*

Unread post by KratosIrving » November 4th, 2008, 12:20 am

DarkEyes wrote:thats pretty nice, dude =]

BTW: why does nine lives blade works strike 8 times? xD
It does hit 9 times altogether, he did the first 8 slashes together, and the 9th seperate hit finished Berserker. (Although, again, it wouldn't have happened had Berserker not recognized Ilya.

Krescentwolf
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Krescentwolf » November 4th, 2008, 12:43 am

Ahh.... that was so satisfying.....I just got to the true end...
► Show Spoiler
And yea.... Rin is
► Show Spoiler
Did anyone else notice HF has a completely different feel from the other two arcs?
► Show Spoiler

metal_cocoabo
Crack Addic!

Unread post by metal_cocoabo » November 4th, 2008, 1:23 am

:lol:
Last edited by metal_cocoabo on November 4th, 2008, 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

IceCold_Asssassin
Crack Addic!

Unread post by IceCold_Asssassin » November 4th, 2008, 1:51 am

OMG i found a easter egg. Not really spoilers but just in case
► Show Spoiler

cookedcelery
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by cookedcelery » November 4th, 2008, 4:49 am

Actually, Tsukihime music played every time the news came up.
It's the news theme song or something.

KOTOMINE WAS BEAUTIFUL.
There should totally be a hidden Kotomine route, where Shirou and Kotomine hook up, gather a couple of Servants (personal picks: Lancer and Archer), complete with mollusk H-scenes of massive male orgies. Beautiful.

metal_cocoabo
Crack Addic!

Unread post by metal_cocoabo » November 4th, 2008, 5:06 am

There should totally be a hidden Kotomine route, where Shirou and Kotomine hook up, gather a couple of Servants (personal picks: Lancer and Archer), complete with mollusk H-scenes of massive male orgies. Beautiful.
Uh, no. There's a fine line between GAR and. . . just no~! :?

Still, Kotomine was awesome in HF. At least his motives and background were fully explained unlike in Fate.
► Show Spoiler

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread post by Raitei » November 4th, 2008, 5:08 am

cookedcelery wrote:Actually, Tsukihime music played every time the news came up.
It's the news theme song or something.

KOTOMINE WAS BEAUTIFUL.
father-son love~
I like the idea of shirou being kotomine's son instead of kiritsugu's~
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Mkilbride » November 4th, 2008, 5:28 am

Yes, because as far as I can tell, Shirou's REAL father / family was ever mentioned. Mind you, I may be forgetting, or it happens in one of the Sequels. He must of been from a very powerful line or something, as Shirou's abilities are extremely rare, even among the top Magus clans, and I doubt it was just his "Hard work", as they say. If it was just his "Hard Work", he'd be able to match Rin...it's also stated that you have to have the Potential / Latent ability, so it has to have something to do with his line.

Shirou gained his noble spirit due to the Kiri, but before then...I just don't know.

Kotomine does act like a father, at least in Heavens Feel, in the others, he's just a prick. Although, for some reason, I always think he's not a bad guy...

fakeremiya
Might just like this board

Unread post by fakeremiya » November 4th, 2008, 5:41 am

I don't remember them ever mentioning Shirou's REAL family line, even in the Fate Side Materials.

Didn't he just become a void during the fire and after he was saved, he admired Kiritsugu and that's when he gained the symbol of swords? I might be wrong about this.

Wiiown
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Wiiown » November 4th, 2008, 5:54 am

Mkilbride wrote:Yes, because as far as I can tell, Shirou's REAL father / family was ever mentioned. Mind you, I may be forgetting, or it happens in one of the Sequels. He must of been from a very powerful line or something, as Shirou's abilities are extremely rare, even among the top Magus clans, and I doubt it was just his "Hard work", as they say. If it was just his "Hard Work", he'd be able to match Rin...it's also stated that you have to have the Potential / Latent ability, so it has to have something to do with his line.

Shirou gained his noble spirit due to the Kiri, but before then...I just don't know.

Kotomine does act like a father, at least in Heavens Feel, in the others, he's just a prick. Although, for some reason, I always think he's not a bad guy...
A fake magus becoming the worlds greatest faker? Sounds right to me.

Cloud1234
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Cloud1234 » November 4th, 2008, 9:04 am

critnal wrote:so... heavens feel
► Show Spoiler
Personally i agree with you.Although i don't care about Saber's screen time I also feel that HF wasn't as satisfying as the other two.In addition i agree that Hf should be first and Fate be the last route of the game.There are many things i didnt liked and disagreed in HF.First of all, is why the fact the present Shirou as Kiritsigu if he accepts his ideals. Like when you have to choise between protecting Sakura or follow your ideals it end with something like this: "And Emiya Shirou followed his fathers way.Noone can beat him as his gonna become a Heroe of Justice.He gonna Kill Rin,Sakura,Ilya and all the other Masters and Destroy the Holy Grail.Hes like hes father a cold hearted Machine. BAD END" Sorry but Shirou followed his ideals as well in both Fate and UBW. Yet he never killed a Rin or Illya neither he lived his life as a machine after that.Everyone can understand that Shirou was Happy with the results unlike Kiritsigu that suffered for all his life.Shirou managed to protect everyone and make the less-possible casuallities. But in HF they present him in an awful way saying that he will regret every single action hes gonna take latter if he follows Kiritsigus way.I personally believe that he could follow his ideals AND save Sakura in HF as well.What regards Shirou i like him far less in HF than the other 2 routes.Now the other thing i didnt liked is the fact that Shirou managed to kill Bersherker alone.Archer couldnt face Bersherker in neither Fate or UBW so Shirou shouldnt be able to kill him as well.Its simple just like that.Shirou being in extremely pain allready dead-tired manged to wield a giant-like sword with his left hand and outclass Bersherker killing him 9 times.I just cant accept that....
PS.I enjoyed last route as well and also believe that FSN has the best story and character develpment from all the other VN/mangas/animes so far.
Also if anyone believes Kotomine is not evil he shall just read Fate/zero and make a choise then. It gonna be really easy to decide after that :)

AugustusOsari
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by AugustusOsari » November 4th, 2008, 9:14 am

All I really noticed about Heaven's Feel is that it had plot holes, Deus ex Machina, and Author's Saving Throw galore. The characters were fleshed out in a way that made them completely unrealistic, most of the events either came out of nowhere, the shadow was originally stated outright to be something Archer had fought MANY TIMES BEFORE despite the fact that it only existed once in one specific timeline, Heaven's Feel and the Great Holy Grail were mentioned really early on once with no reason in completely unrelated conversations and then never explained or mentioned again until the ending (Deus ex Machina as far as Heaven's Feel goes--throwing in one reference earlier on just to make it seem valid doesn't change this fact), and...well, I could go on for ages.

Overall, I have to give Fate an 8/10, Unlimited Blade Works a 9/10, and Heaven's Feel a 3/10.

nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!
Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread post by nanaya_shinya » November 4th, 2008, 11:05 am

I liked Heaven's Feel, though I remember at some Taiga Dojo that Rin's (UBW) route is also the main character's route.

Now I don't know which route I like the most. XD

I'll be playing it again to collect taiga stamps...

*leaves to play*
!すでのな

Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Kansho » November 4th, 2008, 12:09 pm

Cloud1234 wrote:First of all, is why the fact the present Shirou as Kiritsigu if he accepts his ideals. Like when you have to choise between protecting Sakura or follow your ideals it end with something like this: "And Emiya Shirou followed his fathers way.Noone can beat him as his gonna become a Heroe of Justice.He gonna Kill Rin,Sakura,Ilya and all the other Masters and Destroy the Holy Grail.Hes like hes father a cold hearted Machine. BAD END" Sorry but Shirou followed his ideals as well in both Fate and UBW. Yet he never killed a Rin or Illya neither he lived his life as a machine after that.Everyone can understand that Shirou was Happy with the results unlike Kiritsigu that suffered for all his life.Shirou managed to protect everyone and make the less-possible casuallities. But in HF they present him in an awful way saying that he will regret every single action hes gonna take latter if he follows Kiritsigus way.I personally believe that he could follow his ideals AND save Sakura in HF as well.
Congratulations, you didn't get the game at all.
► Show Spoiler
AugustusOsari wrote:the shadow was originally stated outright to be something Archer had fought MANY TIMES BEFORE despite the fact that it only existed once in one specific timeline
Oh my god... Archer's a Counter Guardian, he is summoned in many ages and places and get rid of "human menaces". What he is killing all the time are beings like the shadow, that's what a guardian does. So is totally logical that he knows what he's dealing.

And maybe the shadow and Zouken were present on Archer's timeline... who knows.
Last edited by Kansho on November 4th, 2008, 12:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.

Gamemasterdavey
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Gamemasterdavey » November 4th, 2008, 12:19 pm

I haven't gotten all the tiger stamps yet, nor have I gotten the normal ending, but here are my thoughts so far:
► Show Spoiler
And there's also some stuff I'd like to clear up...
► Show Spoiler

raislash
Might just like this board

Unread post by raislash » November 4th, 2008, 12:32 pm

OMG TOHSAKA CAN USE GEASS....

Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Kansho » November 4th, 2008, 12:36 pm

Gamemasterdavey wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.

Cloud1234
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Cloud1234 » November 4th, 2008, 1:22 pm

Omg Kanso thats not what i meant at all.I sayed the way they present him to us is NOT true. Shirou wouldnt kill the people he loved just to destroy the Holy Grail.Thats why i quoted the specific part.I havent read Fate/Zero and i dont know about Kitsigu but Fate describes him as a Cold hearted and machine. Shirou on the other hand isnt like that.What i mean to say is that if Kiritsigu was on HF instead of Shirou he would Kill Illya and Sakura without a second though but Shirou cant do that.But he wouldnt do that in Ubw route either... Its a HUGE mistake by me saying that he could save Sakura and follow his ideal.What I had in mind that he could resume be a heroe of justice after the end of Holy Grail. But thats just crap. My answer was affected a lot by HF ending and my personal likeness of Shirous ideals and actions in the other 2 routes.So basically you are right :)

KratosIrving
<3 *rip* *splurt*

Unread post by KratosIrving » November 4th, 2008, 2:05 pm

Arg, the wall of text and Engrish killed my eyes.
Kansho wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Heh, that really does bring my views on the possible Rider route into detail. Since she used the Temple of Darkness to get energy from Shirou, and you can argue that it was either for revenge since Shirou and Saber almost killed her, or that she used it on Shirou in compensation for trying to save her afterwards due to Shinji's trying to push her to her death, that Rider likes Shirou, or even a combination of all three.