Heaven's Feel Discussion [Spoilers!]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby NonExistence » December 1st, 2008, 6:48 am

the thing with the plothole is that even after sakura became dark and lost her command spells, rider was still able to keep fighting. no mention of limited mana supply, no mention of new contract - it was just business as usual for her. which then begs the question of how that's possible. my memory of f/sn is half-dead; correct if necessary (the most likely circumstance).

and that's pretty dangerous there, posting all that without a spoiler tag. even in a spoiler thread, that's still pushing it.
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Location: The Strong and Free Giant Block of Ice in the True North

Unread postby Kansho » December 1st, 2008, 12:25 pm

NonExistence wrote:the thing with the plothole is that even after sakura became dark and lost her command spells, rider was still able to keep fighting. no mention of limited mana supply, no mention of new contract - it was just business as usual for her. which then begs the question of how that's possible. my memory of f/sn is half-dead; correct if necessary (the most likely circumstance).

and that's pretty dangerous there, posting all that without a spoiler tag. even in a spoiler thread, that's still pushing it.
Rider has Independent Action like Archer. And the using of all the Command Spells didn't mean the end of the contract, so the contract Rider-Sakura is still there.

So no, there isn't nothing like a plothole here.

Raitei wrote:actually, didn't she try to stab saber when shirou intervened? if you hadn't chosen the "stop saber" option, she would've done it.
I was talking of the UBW scene with Caster in Emiya Residence. Not the Fate one.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Altima of the Gates » December 1st, 2008, 4:14 pm

NonExistence wrote:the thing with the plothole is that even after sakura became dark and lost her command spells, rider was still able to keep fighting. no mention of limited mana supply, no mention of new contract - it was just business as usual for her. which then begs the question of how that's possible. my memory of f/sn is half-dead; correct if necessary (the most likely circumstance).

Just like Kansho said, losing the three commandments (command spells) does not equal losing the contract. Its just that there may be Servants who haven't formed a clear bond of trust with their master, so, if the Masters lose the command spells they are able to do whatever they want to there Masters as they have no authority with which to command them anymore, but their magical energy will still flow through the karmic line from familiar to master.

So it is more advantageous to form a lasting trust with your Servant, so that if you do lose your command spells, you can fight together knowing that once he/she finds a better master, they won't just kill you and jump ship.

Also, sorry if I was pushing it there, but I thought it the best way to answer the question.
Altima of the Gates
Might just like this board

Previous

Return to Fate/stay night Chat