Heaven's Feel Discussion [Spoilers!]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread post by Raitei » November 7th, 2008, 4:50 am

how about we change the topic into "how long did it take for you to finish heaven's feel"? :P
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

TakaJun

Unread post by TakaJun » November 7th, 2008, 10:00 am

I liked how Shirou chose Sakura over his (stupid) ideal, probably because that's what I would've done.
How the whole secrets of the Holy Grail War was unfolded, and the dark theme surrounding it were awesome.
I also liked Sakura, Ilya, and Kotomine...
I liked UBW more than HF, though. Hmm... Now, I'm wondering why I liked UBW better...
Maybe I should play the game again and figure it out, but there's no way in hell I'm playing fsn again.

I think it took me around 15-20 hours to finish HF.
(But the in-game timer says 20days, 14hours... Damn all the beta testing and crash testing and all!

Anium
Might just like this board

Unread post by Anium » November 7th, 2008, 12:38 pm

well, what we can deduct from all routes is that Archer powns them all. Like shirou just copying him or getting some of his powers/experience he can own all of them.

nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!
Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread post by nanaya_shinya » November 7th, 2008, 12:51 pm

What's your point?
► Show Spoiler
!すでのな

Unkind

Unread post by Unkind » November 7th, 2008, 1:32 pm

Man one of those endings almost killed me
► Show Spoiler

Tsubasa
Addict

Unread post by Tsubasa » November 7th, 2008, 1:34 pm

Maybe~ Maybe not~
I think I'd have to much to deal with if I had Rin or Sakura.
I mean Shirou can be uber, but come on even a super hero has his limits~

frickenmoron
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by frickenmoron » November 7th, 2008, 8:17 pm

Unkind wrote:Man one of those endings almost killed me
► Show Spoiler
Did you ever play Tsukihime? Its the same for Akiha really except that is her "true" end :|

Divine
Addict

Unread post by Divine » November 7th, 2008, 8:44 pm

► Show Spoiler

Retsej
Addict

Unread post by Retsej » November 7th, 2008, 9:13 pm

Well, this route is so different and awesome. I love how the roles are just subtlely altered that everything turns out different.

I just want to say thanks to the mirrormoon staff for their hard work in making my enjoyment possible. If I meet you guys in real life, I owe you a beer.
I wanted Prester John, and Excalibur held by a moon-white arm out of a silent lake. I wanted to sail with Ulysses and with Tros of Samothrace and eat the lotus in a land that seemed always afternoon. I wanted the feeling of romance and the sense of wonder I had known as a kid. I wanted the world to be what they had promised me it was going to be, instead of the tawdry, lousy fouled-up mess it is.

Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Rikh » November 7th, 2008, 9:27 pm

this route in itself was like a completely different VN :wink:

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » November 7th, 2008, 10:01 pm

It's curious to note that in both Tsukihime's and FSN's most emotive scenarios, there is someone bed ridden due to supernatural causes. At least in FSN is not the main character the one rotting while laying down.
TakaJun wrote:I also liked Sakura, Ilya, and Kotomine...
Who didn't like Kotomine in HF? He was the most badass character in the whole route! Sure, Shirou got his Nine Live stuff but, at least to me, it isn't as awesome as killing Zouken's wormy body, almost getting Assassin and then beating the shit out of Shirou in a one-on-one hand-to-hand fight in front of that magical uterus thingy! Shite, too bad he ain't coming back....

Sakura, well I'm a self professed Sakura fan (I still can't find the reason for it....) and was happy to see Shinji got killed and stayed dead for the rest of the story! At the beginning of the route I thought that there was going to be a harem-like ending and Shirou, or someone, was going to make a wish of "going back in time" or something like that before everythng went to the shit-hole at the price of his body.... well it didn't happen quite like that so there is no harem-like ending.... but at least Shinji stays dead! :D
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

elite5472

Unread post by elite5472 » November 7th, 2008, 11:38 pm

I have mixed feelings about HF...

Well, at first when i saw the anime (before I knew FSN was a VN), I HATED sakura to death, she just seemed the typical timid highschool girl >__>... in fact, at first the only girl i didn't hate was tohsaka, which i found to be an interesting character...

then i went through the VN (fast forwarded Fate thought >__> ) and was dumbfolded by the awesomeness UBW was...

now that HF is released i went through it and enjoyed it a lot, however, I couldn't stop wondering what if they had put more content into it (I honestly wanted to have a longer story for some reason)... I started to really like sakura because she showed emotion... (even the evil part of her was better than the anime sakura honestly >__> )

I found shirou to be a lot more mature in HF than in the other routes, the way he had to choose between his belief and sakura, how he had to choose between saving the victims or saving her loved one... it reminded me of this small quote... "shirou, a superhero can only save those he decides to save, its obvious but thats the way it is", he decided to be sakura's superhero even if she was a sinner... and his ideal of saving everyone and being a superhero wouldn't be able to coexist with sakura, ho was unconsciously killing people...

he threw away those ideals for his own happiness, but like he said at the ending, he found something to protect.

Sakura's personality was troubling... but when she regained her sanity at the end it was so epic I was almost dropping tears of joy... Shirou's last attempt to destroy the holy grail was so sad and moving I was crying for the first time in FSN

Unfortunately, the tears in my eyes went back the moment the almost masterpiece ending that I was seeing was utterly destroyed by Ilya... the "happy ending" was a slap in the face for me... And the "sad" ending was just so twisted that I felt the only thing missing was the BAD END at the end instead of the cherry blossoms.

I just wanted more emotional ending honestly, for such a great story that i wanted it to last longer, the ending was just lack luster for me... I wanted something more epic at the very end...
Q6600 @ 3.2ghz / PNY 8800GT 650/1650/2000 / 2gb 800mhz ddr2 RAM / 320GB SATA2 HDD (x2)/ Gigabyte EP-45 DS3L /

Unkind

Unread post by Unkind » November 8th, 2008, 2:39 am

elite5472 wrote:I have mixed feelings about HF...
I just wanted more emotional ending honestly, for such a great story that i wanted it to last longer, the ending was just lack luster for me... I wanted something more epic at the very end...
► Show Spoiler

abscess

Unread post by abscess » November 8th, 2008, 3:05 am

Unkind wrote:
elite5472 wrote:I have mixed feelings about HF...
► Show Spoiler
I agree with both of you. Sakura route was damn sad and the normal ending made me go "WTF that's it?!". The True end was very convenient for me: "Shirou is still the same (idiot) and (apparently) sucks at magic even more, but he can still do just fine~"..... I would have expected an amalgamation of the normal and true where Shirou stays dead but Rider and Tohsaka (along with Fuji-Nee, of course) convince her of moving on with her life.

I find more appealing HF even though I enjoyed more UBW, because Sakura is quite fucked in the head and there is no real way for her to be happy without the idiot guy around. In Fate she stays with the Matous and who knows if Tohsaka actually cared about her, in other words she is probably being used as an experiment by Zouken.... but at least Shinji is dead so no raping from him. In UBW Shinji stays alive, even if in the True End we get "oh! Shinji is acting less like an ass now that he is in the hospital!" but he's got that inferiority complex that may bust his brains any minute quite easily, Zouken is still alive (that means more experimentes... "yipeeka-yay mothafucka!") and Shirou goes away with Tohsaka, in other words the worst ending for Sakura. HF is the only route that gives her an ending not so fucked up... even the normal ending where she stays behind waiting for the dead guy is better than Fate or UBW ones.

Comparing all three endings, HF true is the one where a greater number of characters end up in a better situation. And from what I understand, now that the Great Holy Grail is closed there can't be a problem as big as the one that happened in FSN. It's the best possible scenario if you get to think about it... Apparently if Sakura is happy everything is a-okay, else there is a big chance of shit hitting the fan again some time sooner than later.

In a twisted way Shirou ends up as the hero Kiritsugu was. He sacrificed what? hundreds of lives for Sakura? Sure, but counting that the War won't be happening any time soon, the number of dead people will be evened and eventually surpassed by the number of those that are born and can live a normal life and he gets to keep Sakura. A fair trade? Sure!
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Inverted » November 8th, 2008, 3:43 am

► Show Spoiler

abscess

Unread post by abscess » November 8th, 2008, 4:22 am

Inverted wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Really? I understood it like the Holy Grail (the "normal" one) was the one that got closed... hmm... perhaps I have to reread Fate and UBW endings.
Anyway.... why do you guys use spoiler tags? the whole thread is already spoiler-tagged.

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » November 8th, 2008, 4:30 am

It's probablly a force of habbit now.

I've finally finished it up and I can say this I still like watching the Mini Theatres along with the wrap-up party with the Tiger Dojo. Never the less Tiger was overlooked since day one. As for Illya it seems that Sakura went "Dark" and destroyed a chance for her route though.

In any case Taiga still has a chance to be around a bit more in Fate/Zero, but that's kind of doubtful though. Although it is possilbe since she does know Shirou's father very well enough.

Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Inverted » November 8th, 2008, 7:30 am

abscess wrote: Really? I understood it like the Holy Grail (the "normal" one) was the one that got closed... hmm... perhaps I have to reread Fate and UBW endings.
Yeah at the end of other two routes the normal one is closed. However 6 months after the end of the war Lord El-Melloi II(Waver Velvet) decides he had enough and dismantles the Greater Holy Grail.So no more wars .
Anyway.... why do you guys use spoiler tags? the whole thread is already spoiler-tagged.
My bad. :oops:

Divine
Addict

Unread post by Divine » November 8th, 2008, 7:39 am

*Cough*

Cause you're only supposed to spoil when it's related to F/S N HF route :p

Beowulf Lee
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Beowulf Lee » November 8th, 2008, 7:50 am

Dear Type-Moon,
WTF is this shit?
► Show Spoiler