Heaven's Feel Discussion [Spoilers!]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Rikh » November 6th, 2008, 3:10 am

KratosIrving wrote:I think Rikh meant Shirou's original body, since it became all swordy. (as evidenced in the fight against Kotomine)
Yah, Illyas body was the Soul of shiro morphed into a body in terms

Anywho...
Did any of you guys get the new Title screen XD that was something i didnt notice you could get, but its cool!
Depressing though...

Color
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Color » November 6th, 2008, 3:17 am

Rikh wrote:Anywho...
Did any of you guys get the new Title screen XD that was something i didnt notice you could get, but its cool!
Depressing though...
Yeah, I got it after finishing HF Normal, which meant I had the five main endings. I like the new background, but the music change irritates me. The music that it now plays is one of the tunes that I associate with some poignant scenes (specifically one near the UBW ending), so I don't like hearing it played randomly. It's like playing Final Boss music on the title screen--it detracts from the impact of the tune.

Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Shikiller » November 6th, 2008, 3:29 am

I had that stupid tune for like a year. Deal with it. And in FHA they do it again, the title music changes for an inferior tune..

fakeremiya
Might just like this board

Unread post by fakeremiya » November 6th, 2008, 6:00 am

Yeah seeing the new Title Screen is nice but it leaves you depressed knowing that you finished the game.

Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » November 6th, 2008, 6:18 am

Shikiller wrote:I had that stupid tune for like a year. Deal with it. And in FHA they do it again, the title music changes for an inferior tune..
Actually the 2nd tune for the F/HA game is a bit better since
► Show Spoiler
Although I didn't understand what I did, but I can say this it was a song that kind of showed the mood of what happened in the end of it all. Although I haven't gotten up to the part yet for Fate/stay night though. *sigh* I need a few more days and I'll get that done now.

nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!
Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread post by nanaya_shinya » November 6th, 2008, 6:59 am

I'm so tired after my part-time job that I can't even start collecting HF route taiga stamps! :lol:
!すでのな

Animatus

Unread post by Animatus » November 6th, 2008, 7:53 am

I am missing ONE CG. Anyone mind helping out?
► Show Spoiler
Thanks.

negum
Crack Addic!

Unread post by negum » November 6th, 2008, 9:41 am

Animatus wrote:I am missing ONE CG. Anyone mind helping out?
► Show Spoiler
Thanks.
Try to meet Ilya as often as possible. Go shopping for example.

Animatus

Unread post by Animatus » November 6th, 2008, 11:30 am

negum wrote:
Animatus wrote:I am missing ONE CG. Anyone mind helping out?
► Show Spoiler
Thanks.
Try to meet Ilya as often as possible. Go shopping for example.
Aha! I thought that might be it. Thanks.

radical_number6
Addict

Unread post by radical_number6 » November 6th, 2008, 1:25 pm

the heaven's feel intro of realta nua have saber using avalon against somebody. does that scene actually take place in realta nua? coz then we'll be missing out.

Tsubasa
Addict

Unread post by Tsubasa » November 6th, 2008, 3:23 pm

You know HF was a excellent route posing the opposition to UBW.
As far as the concept of Ideal vs. Reality goes HF represents reality winning while UBW represents ideals taking the reins.

As far as the debate on whether it can be regarded as the True F/SN ending goes...
I'll stand on the side of yeah it could be. It doesn't give as much as a emotional impact as UBW's True ending does but does leave you with the sense that Shiro will be truly happy and most likely not need to become archer(Despite being able to use his Reality Marble).
No life threatening conflict, outside of the Tohsaka sisters anyways, living a full and fun life, hell sounds like a perfect ending to a long, violent, kind of sad at times and albeit also comical, story.
Oh yeah and Rider being alive is a plus, even if Shiro already gets more than enough of his share....

abscess

Unread post by abscess » November 6th, 2008, 7:34 pm

I finished HF around.... 12:30AM at tnight yesterday... I didn't get a part of the ending, did Ilya died in the end? because she doesn't show up again. Even Shirou said that if she did something she would end up disappearing. If that's the case, that is cool, but convenient. I'm not a real supporter of the idea of having a character showing up in the last minute and saving the day, but if that character dies is a bit forgiveable.

The Ideal/Reality that has ben discussed here is interesting. HF Shirou is more in tune with reality (a bit like Shiki) in that he is now able to understand that he just can't save everyone, probably what Kiritsugu really wanted him to do in the end, to become a superhero capable of realizing a possible dream; but having discarded his Archer side completely is sort of offing to me, he is less GAR now. The Bad-End where he is told "You are Emiya Kiritsugu now" was fuckin' EPIC! I would have gone that way for a fourth route! Having Shirou renounce love and do the same mistakes(?) Kiritsugu did before him going in an endless loop of damned salvation.

In who is better Fate/UBW Shirou or HF SHirou, I can't say. Fate/UBW Shirou were kind of the same to me, since he wanted to still cling to his dream of saving everyone and keep going even if knowing that you can't get anything in return, as if struggling was a gain in it's own way, as Tohsaka said. HF Shirou is different in that he wants a single person to be happy and doesn't consider anyone else as important. It's a different kind of romaticism we are dealing with, but HF Shirou has an achevable goal while Fate/UBW Shirou doesn't.

I now have more respect for Kiritsugu for his machine-like way of thinking (weird I know), since the decisions he took are the ones that I would have probably gone for. HF Shirou's way of thinking "Sakura's always Sakura no matter how much she changes" doesn't go with me, if said someone is changed beyond recognition and there is no way for me or anyone to get her/him back, it's "tough luck, good bye" for me.

Sakura was a sad character, much what I expected for the last route, and I did enjoy it. I like that kind of fucked-up characters, that's the same reason I like Kohaku/Hisui, but she felt a bit off for some reason... I agree with whoever said she may have some sort of bipolar disorder (apparently it runs in the Tohsaka family! :lol:).

[Edit]And YES, I'm so GAR for Kotomine now!!!!
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

Serpentarius

Unread post by Serpentarius » November 6th, 2008, 9:39 pm

Ah, what an excellent route. I was sort of disappointed with the ending, but it was still good.

Regarding the order of the routes, I think it works out well. Fate's Shirou has his ideal, and he just goes with it blindly, without really thinking about it. UBW's Shirou sees the flaws in his ideal, but despite that, he still sticks with it. HF's Shirou abandons his ideal completely, just protecting those he loves. My favorite Shirou is HF's, since he makes the choices that I'd make, but I fully understand people disliking him 'cause he's basically allowing evil stuff to happen. I think the difference between HF's Shirou and a true villain is that Shirou recognizes that he's sinning by letting Sakura live, and he intends to atone for it, and to make her atone for what she's done as well. So, he's basically taking responsibility for protecting those he loves.

The way that Archer's arm was rejecting Shirou's different ideal was also pretty cool, and I found it interesting how HF's Shirou can't use Unlimited Blade Works, since his inner world is not Archer's. I sort of wish that Shirou had gotten more GAR, though. Killing the corrupted Berserker was about as awesome as he got - after that, he was practically dead weight. That's probably why I found the end sort of bland.

Regarding Archer, doesn't it seem likely that the timeline that created him was the Heaven's Feel route, but with Shirou choosing to become a superhero by killing Sakura?

Regarding Saber, I really wish she had gotten more development in this route. Once the Shadow attacks her, it's just like "POW, Saber's evil now, you must fight!" It never really explains what's going on in her head. Then again, maybe I'm just bitter since trying to save her led to a bad end. :P

I wish Gilgamesh had been involved more as well. It's irritating that his goal of possessing Saber only exists in the Fate route. It would've been beyond awesome if Gilgamesh ended up on Shirou's side, working with him to get Saber back from the Shadow - so many cool scenarios could come from that.

Kotomine was awesome, of course. There's not much that I need to say here. It's hilarious that the true final fight of Fate/Stay Night was just a fistfight between two half-dead dudes. Also, a cautionary tale on how the Pro-Life agenda can be taken a bit too far... :shock:

One last thing: how exactly did Zouken make True Assassin burst from Kojirou?

Oh, and stop using spoiler tags, the thread itself is marked. :P

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » November 6th, 2008, 9:47 pm

Ok the people that go GAR in this route from what I can tell.
► Show Spoiler
As for the spoiler tags it's probablly to play it safe due to the zero tollerance spoiler that Message posted.

Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Rikh » November 6th, 2008, 9:49 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:Ok the people that go GAR in this route from what I can tell.
► Show Spoiler
As for the spoiler tags it's probablly to play it safe due to the zero tollerance spoiler that Message posted.
ummm welll
There is one more possibility
► Show Spoiler

Unkind

Unread post by Unkind » November 6th, 2008, 10:04 pm

So far, i'm on like day 11. But this makes me dislike the other two routesnow is because Sakura never gets helped, which is terrible. I think this is an absolutely great twist on the story and it's by far the most interesting.
► Show Spoiler
And thank you mirrormoon x100 for releasing a full, professional translation for all of us. I have put in over 50 hours now, and will soon finish an amazing game. This wouldn't of been possible without you guys 8).
Last edited by Unkind on November 6th, 2008, 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tsubasa
Addict

Unread post by Tsubasa » November 6th, 2008, 11:18 pm

abscess wrote:I finished HF around.... 12:30AM at tnight yesterday... I didn't get a part of the ending, did Ilya die in the end? because she doesn't show up again. Even Shirou said that if she did something she would end up disappearing. If that's the case, that is cool, but convenient. I'm not a real supporter of the idea of having a character showing up in the last minute and saving the day, but if that character dies is a bit forgiveable.
Ilya dies in either ending if I'm not mistaken. In true she sacrifices herself to become the grail and save Shiro, while in the good I assume she just dies a year after the Holy Grail war. Homunculus have short lives and in various places in F/SN it says Ilya wont live even a year after the Grail war.

cookedcelery
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by cookedcelery » November 6th, 2008, 11:29 pm

Unkind wrote:I have put in over 50 hours now, and will soon finish an amazing game.
50 hours?
I spent 4 days and 18 hours, replaying through every route 6 times over.
Play times contest start!

Tsubasa
Addict

Unread post by Tsubasa » November 7th, 2008, 12:10 am

cookedcelery wrote:
Unkind wrote:I have put in over 50 hours now, and will soon finish an amazing game.
50 hours?
I spent 4 days and 18 hours, replaying through every route 6 times over.
Play times contest start!
A "My e-penis is bigger than your e-penis" contest yay!
Well I can't really join in that contest I left my game running when I went to work or wanted to play something else, so my run time is like 9+ something days.

fakeremiya

Unread post by fakeremiya » November 7th, 2008, 4:43 am

About 3 days and 21 hours for me. So close to 4 days.