F/sn Debug Patch v1.0 (in English!)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

F/sn Debug Patch v1.0 (in English!)

Unread postby Kapow » November 1st, 2008, 7:26 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?v65vary0j808e2g
http://depositfiles.com/files/bjvz3r05x

HOW TO INSTALL:
1. Install Mirror Moon's English patch (the newest update/fix, without the debug flowchart).
2. Extract "patch~debug_eng.xp3" to your Fate game directory.
3a. If you installed Mirror Moon's patch with voices, rename "patch~debug_eng.xp3" to "patch7.xp3".
3b. If you installed it without voices, rename "patch~debug_eng.xp3" to "patch4.xp3".

There is also a simple untranslated patch included, to be used with the original Japanese game. Be sure to use the correct one.

HOW TO USE:
You must choose START on the title screen to activate debug mode for the current game session. After this, you can load a saved game.

Debug mode consists of two panels, FLOWCHART and FLAGS. These appear as tabs on the edge of the screen, which can be opened by left-click and closed by right-click. It also displays brief pop-up messages whenever a flag is checked or altered during the game.

FLOWCHART:
This displays all of the scenes and choices for the current day/route. Yellow boxes are scenes, green boxes are choices, and blue boxes are links to other flowcharts (next day or route change). Scenes that have been viewed (that show the skip message) will have a small checkmark. Clicking a scene once will display information, and double-clicking will jump to that scene. Longer flowcharts can be scrolled by clicking the arrows at the top or bottom.

FLAGS:
This lists all of the flags that are currently loaded. The game will only load flags when it reaches a day that uses them, or when a saved game is loaded, but they should remain permanently loaded until the game is exited. Flag names starting with "g~" are "global" flags that track which endings have been reached. Flag values can be changed at any time by left- or right-clicking the numbers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that the game is fully translated and everyone's had an accidental preview, I'm officially releasing the Fate/stay night Debug Patch. I discovered the "test play" mode while investigating FlowChartLayer.tjs shortly before UBW was released, made a quick patch to enable it, and sent it to the Mirror Moon team to make HF beta-testing easier (and hopefully faster). Since then, I've managed to get everything to display in English - flag conditions, pop-up messages, flag names, route/day names, etc. I also extended the time that debug pop-up messages are shown, because it's not easy to read "(Sakura_Route[] is NOT LESS than 1? -> NO!) AND (Sakura_Point[1] is NOT LESS than 1? -> YES!)" in 1 second.

The initial untranslated patch changed the following in FlowTrackerPlugin.ks:
Code: Select all
;==== テストプレイ用のツールを使う ============================================
;@eval exp="flow_tracker_object.isTest=true"

to this:
Code: Select all
;==== テストプレイ用のツールを使う ============================================
@eval exp="flow_tracker_object.isTest=true"

"テストプレイ用のツールを使う" is roughly "Use of play-testing tool." One character was deleted to un-comment the line. I'm surprised I was the first to find this, I can't find any Japanese sites mentioning it either.

EDIT 2012/12/31: re-uploaded files and improved instructions
Last edited by Kapow on January 1st, 2013, 1:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
Kapow
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ArchDemon » November 2nd, 2008, 12:22 am

Hi guys. Sorry about the flowchart goof. Special props goes to Kapow for showing me where to enable the internal flowchart. It was extremely useful during the beta testing and made things progress quickly.

Thanks a lot, Kapow. :D
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby TheBeard » November 2nd, 2008, 1:10 am

ArchDemon wrote:Hi guys. Sorry about the flowchart goof. Special props goes to Kapow for showing me where to enable the internal flowchart. It was extremely useful during the beta testing and made things progress quickly.

Thanks a lot, Kapow. :D

Personally, I think that the internal flowchart is a rather useful and convenient tool.
You should use the "It's not a bug: It's a feature" line in this situation
Thanks for leaving it in! (along with the flags, because being able to see all of points is something I find to be extremely handy!)
TheBeard
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 2nd, 2008, 1:33 am

I guess having that opion helps in the game in case you want to see a certain Tiger Dojo, or even want to get a certain ending without trying to look at which answer is the right one or not.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby sushimonster » November 2nd, 2008, 10:34 am

I know that what I am about to say is not related to this post header, but...

I installed patch v3.1 and then applied the v3.1 fix. If I was to run the v3.1 installer again (and I DON'T run the fix afterwards), would I be able to see the internal flow chart? By what you guys are saying, it sounds like a pretty useful tool to have when you are looking for certain endings...

Cheers in advance~
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kapow » November 3rd, 2008, 2:00 am

sushimonster wrote:I know that what I am about to say is not related to this post header, but...

I installed patch v3.1 and then applied the v3.1 fix. If I was to run the v3.1 installer again (and I DON'T run the fix afterwards), would I be able to see the internal flow chart? By what you guys are saying, it sounds like a pretty useful tool to have when you are looking for certain endings...

Cheers in advance~

No, you should run the fix and then add the patch in this thread. It works along with the MM patch, and shows the flowchart in English.
Kapow
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby inferno_flamex » November 6th, 2008, 3:13 am

Right now im still playing through the HF game at my own pace.. Hey.. stop bugging me... School has been hell...

Anyway.. This looks very promising...

But im wondering.. Does the flowchart have a 'hidden' option or is it continously there as long as the patch is there...

Meaning.. Can i 'hide' the flowchart from not appearing when i decided that i dont wanna follow it from time to time?
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kapow » November 6th, 2008, 3:56 am

inferno_flamex wrote:Does the flowchart have a 'hidden' option or is it continously there as long as the patch is there...

You can right-click it to slide it closed, but it'll still show as a tab in the corner. If you want it gone completely, you could rename the patch file so the game doesn't load it, like "__patch7.xp3".
Kapow
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby NightFoxXIII » November 6th, 2008, 4:53 am

Do these flags carry over if you want to change your decisions later on?

So far within the flow chart provided I can go and up my Sakura Points but there's a point where I can also talk to Illya since my Sakura points were sufficient but I was already at my 7th day when I decided to up my convo points with Illya. Does it carry over when i replay some parts? Awesome little patch BTW. Makes it easier to know what I have or not.
NightFoxXIII
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Kapow » November 7th, 2008, 3:09 pm

I'm not sure what you're asking. Loading a saved game will load the flag values from the save. The flag values won't change if you use the flowchart to jump to another scene. A scene that causes a flag change will trigger it as the scene ends, so jumping out of that scene will skip the change. You can change the flag values manually by left/right-clicking the numbers, but I'd recommend trying to get the flags you need by reading/skipping through the scenes normally, to make sure you haven't missed part of the story.
Kapow
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby NightFoxXIII » November 7th, 2008, 5:36 pm

All right, will keep that in mind. Thanks for that.
NightFoxXIII
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Aku » November 7th, 2008, 11:17 pm

This is awesome!
Lots of cookies for you :D~

I'll probably use it to get some more taiga dojos and UBW good end later, but even if I don't it's still wicked cool ^^
Aku
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby NightFoxXIII » November 9th, 2008, 7:04 am

Oh wow... I didn't know you could affect the gameplay by messing up the points lol. It's like a super cheat if you just want to randomly go to a tiger dojo without skipping so many scenes to get there. (Like a previous choice will affect a future event)
NightFoxXIII
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby absb87 » January 16th, 2009, 1:36 pm

I think it's worth mentioning that in addition to being a flowchart and able to check and change different flags in-game, you can double-click on a scene to jump to it, regardless of flags or your previous position.

I didn't realise this until I was halfway through UBW, and up to that point I was trying really hard to make sure that I played through each and every scene in the game, which took me an extremely long time. Finding this out made it much easier for me.
absb87
Totally hardly posted

Re: F/sn Debug Patch v1.0 (in English!)

Unread postby LoneSoul » May 30th, 2009, 11:16 am

Thank you for the patch!
LoneSoul
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Sepheriel » June 3rd, 2009, 4:05 am

So what exactly does this patch fix?
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » June 3rd, 2009, 7:13 am

It doesn't fix anything - it puts the game into debug mode, making it possible to jump to any scene, change stats, etc. Not the best way to enjoy the game for the first time, but fun to play around with.

Unread postby troyamonga » February 25th, 2012, 4:16 am

Yes! Thanks for this. The game is freaking epic!
troyamonga
Totally hardly posted

Return to Fate/stay night Chat