Quick question" ero contents?

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Quick question" ero contents?

Unread postby Richman191 » November 1st, 2008, 7:07 pm

I have a question about the F/SN 3.1 patch. If i remember it correctly(but i believe that i remember it wrong >.>) , there used to be the non-ero option when use the earlier version of patch like tsukihime right? But because i'm not so sure about my memory, i'd like to know whether the F/SN with 3.1 patch+voice will have ero scenes in it, because when i install it using the patch, i couldn't see any non-ero option when installed. So, yeah, thanks in advance. And thanks mirror moon team a bunch for the complete translation patch! All hail mirror moon ^_^!!!!
Richman191
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 1st, 2008, 7:11 pm

No. There is a fanmade thing to remove the ero scenes. It'll be awkward like Tsukihime too, you'll just get a "And this is what happened..." and the scene kinda just blinks out. No official remover has been added as of yet. Anyways, the sex scenes aren't even that BAD in a game like this, hold CTRL for 10 seconds and it's over.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Richman191 » November 1st, 2008, 7:17 pm

Just want to be sure, by "official remover" you mean the remover produce by mirror moon, right?
Richman191
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 1st, 2008, 7:22 pm

Yes, I don't know about the Fanmade one that removes them to much, but personally, I don't trust anything that has a "Makeshift" quality about it, you know? I heard it can cause some bugs too. If they bother you so much, just skip them. If you want SOMEONE ELSE to play it, but not see the Ero Content, then I cause it's really your only choice to use the Fanmade patch.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 1st, 2008, 11:53 pm

Personally if they had the PS2 version for the PC instead then maye it's possilbe. Altough you'll need the PS2 disk to use for the installation just to by-pass the ero ero scense and replace them with somewhat epic pics thatis only on the PS2 game disk only.

Although the problem boils down to getting the PS2 disk for this idea to work though. If this was done with an OnScripted like Tsukihime was then maybe it might be easier for them to do that though.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Richman191 » November 2nd, 2008, 2:18 am

@.@
..... Ok..... you confused me, Kid-Wolf
You mean, right now, it's possible to install F/SN without ero-scenes? or you just say it hypothetically?
Also, i forgot to mention that when i used the 3.1 patch to install(with voice), the patch didn't ask me for the pc dvd ver. but only the realta nua dvd.
*i should also noted that I already have the F/SN installed with the UBW patch before I installed with 3.1 patch today. Which at that time, when i first installed with UBW patch, it asked me to use both PC and realta nua ver. *
Richman191
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Nerroth » November 2nd, 2008, 2:24 am

The big difference between Tsukihime and F/SN in this regard is the existence of the alternate scenes in Realta Nua - but if MM wanted to make those scenes available, would there have to be some sort of detail in the installer that required the use of a PS2 disc, in the same way that the PS2 version is required for the voices?
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 2nd, 2008, 3:27 am

Richman191 wrote:@.@
..... Ok..... you confused me, Kid-Wolf
You mean, right now, it's possible to install F/SN without ero-scenes? or you just say it hypothetically?
Also, i forgot to mention that when i used the 3.1 patch to install(with voice), the patch didn't ask me for the pc dvd ver. but only the realta nua dvd.
*i should also noted that I already have the F/SN installed with the UBW patch before I installed with 3.1 patch today. Which at that time, when i first installed with UBW patch, it asked me to use both PC and realta nua ver. *

Ok I'll apologize about being confusing first, but I guess Nerroth has a good point. Although I think this is the point tat I waa trying to make never the less. Although if it's still confusing then I'll clarify myself just in case.

It's just that since they are using a completely different gamming engine it's next to immposible to take out the ero ero secnes. Although it would be nice to have the Relta Nua game translated but it's forthe PS2 system, and it's hard to translate and have the thing work.

I was jsut syaing if te Fate game had the OnScripter that Tsukihime has currently then it might be possilbe for that.

So to sum it all up te PC version has the ero ero scenes while the PS2 doesn't. Also, it's easier to translated the PC disk over the PS2 disk from what I can tell.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Nerroth » November 2nd, 2008, 4:18 am

But if way to extract the sound files from the PS2 disc already exists, how much harder would it be to extract the replacement scripts, translate them, and have them play instead of the ero ones?

(Indeed, if any of these scenes have voices done, they would already be available, yet currently have no scene to be used properly with as it stands...)
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 2nd, 2008, 4:22 am

You know you make a vaild point there. The only think I can think of is you really need to have the Relta Nua disk for that, and some people here do not have that disk for certain reasons though. They could do it, but it may by-pass te whole legality sene here. So that's what I was trying to get at. Although it might be possible for them to do so, but I tink it may be easier just to do voice extracting that that's about it.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Raitei » November 2nd, 2008, 5:48 am

Nerroth wrote:But if way to extract the sound files from the PS2 disc already exists, how much harder would it be to extract the replacement scripts, translate them, and have them play instead of the ero ones?

(Indeed, if any of these scenes have voices done, they would already be available, yet currently have no scene to be used properly with as it stands...)
you're asking about what the staffers will do and what not, which is definitely none of our rights to do that... I think this matter has been brought up many many times before.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Nerroth » November 2nd, 2008, 6:27 am

No, I didn't - I asked what kind of time/effort it might take, should such an option be taken.

And besides, I was trying to clarify a point which arose in the thread - namely, that unlike in Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night already has a non-ero script, thanks to Realta Nua.

I'm not going around to anyone's house demanding something be done...
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ningyo » November 7th, 2008, 10:13 am

I'd like to repeat this question too - are you still thinking about adding this to the patch like in Tsukihime? You don't have to put out any dates or rush or anything, I'm just interested in the possibility of this happening or not :)
Ningyo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby inferno_flamex » November 7th, 2008, 12:47 pm

Nerroth wrote:No, I didn't - I asked what kind of time/effort it might take, should such an option be taken.

Depends on the staffers right? I mean... Its the same if you compare person A and person B.. How long would it take if both of them were to finish a large hamburger mega meal... You cannot really pinpoint the speed at which its gonna be done, IF its gonna get done.. Besides.. Translating a game is much more complicated than 'eating a burger..'... And take in mind that translating the game requires MULTIPLE people's efforts... not just one guy... So if ONE of the staffers were to get sick, or has his/her finals exam coming.. Im sure progress would get slowed or halted as a whole...

So its best not to ask in the first place...

And besides, I was trying to clarify a point which arose in the thread - namely, that unlike in Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night already has a non-ero script, thanks to Realta Nua.

I'm not going around to anyone's house demanding something be done...

Okay.. But could you think of the possibility that it COULD be EASIER if there was NO non-ero script... AT ALL in the first place?

I mean...

Since there is a non-ero script available.. The staffers would have to 'translate the texts' from the RN scenes...

And since effectively Translating is harder than... lets say... summarising the whole plot of the scene; (from a 9 page scene into a 3 paragraph long text if there are no non-ero scenes that anyone would compare to)....

Are you able to see that despite the existance of the official non-ero version existing... THe work that's needed to be done is HARDER?
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Rikh » November 7th, 2008, 9:54 pm

it could be possible to just remove the CG and make it a blank screen for non RN users
during this blank screen you could just write a haphazard event from RN, or use an individual storyline like
"And then we made love" and move on with that

And any reference to sex throughout the game wouldn't be misunderstood or confusing
Remembering what happened in Ever17 (visual novel)
Two characters had implied sex, but it never showed the scene.

Also Mirrormoon could do this to spend time ;) they cant let their VN experience decline

OR THEY SHOULD TRANSLATE LITTLE BUSTERS!.... their choice ;)
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby that one guy » November 7th, 2008, 11:53 pm

I thought Little Busters already had a translation group? Also, I think someone asked how hard it would be to put in the images, I remember someone saying that it was an overly complicated process, and you should just go through RN to see them.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 8th, 2008, 4:36 am

Not only that but you kind of have to look at this from a legal standpoint I guess. It's like messing with the oringal work, but replacing it with altered work. Even though it;s from the same group it's still a slight difference no matter how you look at it. So the reason for this might be more aong the legal standpoint then a time & effort standpoint. Well that's my take on the matter though.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Message » November 8th, 2008, 7:56 am

Ningyo wrote:I'd like to repeat this question too - are you still thinking about adding this to the patch like in Tsukihime? You don't have to put out any dates or rush or anything, I'm just interested in the possibility of this happening or not :)

Yes, I am still interested in some day making a non-ero F/sn version. This will have to wait at least until next summer though, given I'm already spending my time on other projects until then.

inferno_flamex wrote:Are you able to see that despite the existance of the official non-ero version existing... THe work that's needed to be done is HARDER?

This is an interesting viewpoint. It's true that modifying the PC version is simpler than porting the PS2 script, in terms of required technical knowledge. However looking at the hours I've spent making Tsukihime non-ero, I would say that using Realta Nua is actually easier in the long run. We do have the expertise to pull this off, just not the time right now. Maybe someday.

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 8th, 2008, 11:11 am

So would this mean if we want to do a non ero version we are going to need the Relta Nua disk for it, or will it be like a black screen for the ero scenes only though. I just wantto get an idea on what you plan on doing for it, since it's well... interesting on how you're going to pull it off that's all.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Ningyo » November 8th, 2008, 11:43 am

Great, thanks for answering! That's all I needed to know, I'll look forward to it when it happens some day.
Ningyo
Totally hardly posted

Return to Fate/stay night Chat