F/sn Bug Report [v3.1]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

F/sn Bug Report [v3.1]

Unread postby TakaJun » November 1st, 2008, 7:57 am

This is a report thread for all the bugs, crashes and other technical problems you may find in Fate/stay night English.

Describe the problem short and clearly and state if you can reproduce the problem and how. Also supply the following:
- Your operating system
- What version of Fate/stay night English you are using
- Whether you are using the CD or DVD version
- Whether you are using the normal or voiced version
- What version of video drivers you are using

NOTE - Before you post a bug or technical error, search this thread to see if it hasn't already been reported.
NOTE - If there are blank spaces in the text, they are intentional! (especially those of you who report about Fuji-Nee and Caster scene)
NOTE - Yes, Berserker speaks in black lines
TakaJun

Unread postby Henduluin » November 1st, 2008, 12:17 pm

Not sure if it's a bug or intented, but the bottom-right corner of the screen has two tabs that list the flags and flowchart ingame. Any reason why that was added? It's in Japanese too.

Don't think it has anything to do with my system... I'm using the DVD version with voices though.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » November 1st, 2008, 1:22 pm

This is the beta flowchart bug. To get rid of it, please update your installation to v3.1.

Unread postby Henduluin » November 1st, 2008, 1:39 pm

After updating to 3.1 they went away at first but they re-appeared a couple of scenes later. I'm currently at the end of day 1, right after helping Issei fix the stoves.

*edit*

Re-loading the game seems to make them go away again. Looks like the game automatically goes into debug mode after a while?
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » November 1st, 2008, 1:46 pm

Hmmm... It could be that saves made in v3.0 will still enable debug mode in v3.1. Restart your game?

Unread postby Henduluin » November 1st, 2008, 1:49 pm

I'll try that. I'll edit this post in 10 minutes or so to let you know if that fixed it.

*edit*

I don't even need 10 minutes... the moment I start a new game it immediately goes into debug mode.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » November 1st, 2008, 1:54 pm

I assume you're playing the voiced version then? I think we've found the cause of the problem...

Unread postby Henduluin » November 1st, 2008, 1:55 pm

Oh, yes. I thought I mentioned that in my first post, but I must've accidentally removed it in the edit or something, sorry about that.

DVD version with voices.

*edit*

Wait, I did >.> Nm.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » November 1st, 2008, 1:59 pm

Arch didn't have patch5.xp3 from the voicepatch, so he missed it in his fix. And as luck would have it... FlowTrackerPlugin.ks is also present in patch5.xp3. Meh, we're on a roll today. >__>

Our apologies. We will fix it. Again.

Unread postby Tarnan » November 1st, 2008, 3:05 pm

I installed with the CD version and no voice patch the V2.0 installer some time ago, then updated the game with V3.1 today. When I start the game, I do no have the sound while the TM logo is apperaing, and also no music or sounds in the game, I cannot even play them in the extras. If I play any music in Winamp, it works, means it cannot be because of the sound drivers. The opening videos of F/SN are working and the music is playing. After that, I gave the save folder an other name and restarted the game, and the music was working, but it seems the sounds were still missing. That was a mistake on my part, it seems the sounds are not played while skipping forward. They work.
After that I tried a complete new install to see if it works. The same, music worked, but no sounds. As said above, they work.
Perhaps this also happens because I have currently Japanese regional settings; after the reinstall, I will try it in German environment. I use Windows Vista.

[Edit] The same in German settings, so the problem seems to be rooted at the save files.
Tarnan
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Henduluin » November 1st, 2008, 3:48 pm

Message wrote:Our apologies. We will fix it. Again.

Don't worry too much, it's not like it spoiled anything.

Anyhow, after using the quickfix, everything works as it should. Thanks~
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby EvilIshida » November 1st, 2008, 4:29 pm

After i installed the version 3.1 with theCD installation, there is an error window and after i press enter there is a small window with 5 buttons.
What i need to do in order to make the game working?
Last edited by EvilIshida on November 1st, 2008, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilIshida
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Tsukino_Miyabi » November 1st, 2008, 5:09 pm

not sure if its just me but after installing the v3.1 and its fix when i try loadin my saves they all work except for one which i saved in Unlimited Blade Works on the 15th day: Return home, night-Before the final battle, it gives me an error in jap which says something about the savedata/savefile12.bmp or something similar and wont load and i cant seem to get past or even watch that scene anymore since it errors when i reach it even if i play normally and i needa go back to the title in both cases. When i go back to 2.0 it all works fine so im guessin it happened when i installed 3.1.
Tsukino_Miyabi
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby uriel » November 1st, 2008, 5:54 pm

In the morning of the 5th day there is a part where there are no voices

to be precise when Shirou discovers the bruise on Sakura's cheek

The voices came back when he broke the chopstick (more or less)
"Someone said is better to reign in hell than serve in heaven, but that is a defeatistic attitude.
I won't reign only in hell"
uriel
Might just like this board

Unread postby Aku » November 1st, 2008, 5:58 pm

I had a 2.0 install, updated to 3.0 followed by 3.1 and finally applied the 3.1 quickfix.
I've got the DVD version and have installed Realta N?a voices (though this was done with the 2.0 patcher.)
I'm running Windows XP SP3 with region settings set to Japanese.

When I attempt to run fate.exe normally, I get an error popup that says "EAccessViolation".
It works like a charm when I start it up using AppLocale to set the region to Japanese. Again, my region settings in windows are Japanese (otherwise I wouldn't be able to play Clannad)
Aku
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Henduluin » November 1st, 2008, 6:18 pm

uriel wrote:In the morning of the 5th day there is a part where there are no voices

Not sure since I never played Realta Nua for obvious reasons, but that might be because that scene wasn't in RN. Aside from the H-scenes, RN changed, added and/or removed a couple of other scenes from what I've been told.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby uriel » November 1st, 2008, 6:38 pm

Henduluin wrote:
uriel wrote:In the morning of the 5th day there is a part where there are no voices

Not sure since I never played Realta Nua for obvious reasons, but that might be because that scene wasn't in RN. Aside from the H-scenes, RN changed, added and/or removed a couple of other scenes from what I've been told.

I don't think that's the case, it's a bit too short to be an added part
"Someone said is better to reign in hell than serve in heaven, but that is a defeatistic attitude.
I won't reign only in hell"
uriel
Might just like this board

Unread postby AugustusOsari » November 1st, 2008, 6:38 pm

Tsukino_Miyabi wrote:not sure if its just me but after installing the v3.1 and its fix when i try loadin my saves they all work except for one which i saved in Unlimited Blade Works on the 15th day: Return home, night-Before the final battle, it gives me an error in jap which says something about the savedata/savefile12.bmp or something similar and wont load and i cant seem to get past or even watch that scene anymore since it errors when i reach it even if i play normally and i needa go back to the title in both cases. When i go back to 2.0 it all works fine so im guessin it happened when i installed 3.1.

Exact same thing happens to me. I don't have a save file with UBW completed, so I can't even play Heaven's Feel because of this!
AugustusOsari
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 1st, 2008, 7:15 pm

They probably removed the woman beating in the PS2 version. Hell, physically beating a woman is awful, and if they removed the H-Scenes and NOT that, I'd be offended as a person.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AugustusOsari » November 1st, 2008, 7:53 pm

And now I tried to go back to 2.0 and it deleted Fate.exe. I don't have the disks anymore. Help?
AugustusOsari
Totally hardly posted

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat