F/sn Bug Report [v3.1]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » November 3rd, 2008, 8:45 am

Tarnan wrote:I installed with the CD version and no voice patch the V2.0 installer some time ago, then updated the game with V3.1 today. When I start the game, I do no have the sound while the TM logo is apperaing, and also no music or sounds in the game, I cannot even play them in the extras. If I play any music in Winamp, it works, means it cannot be because of the sound drivers. The opening videos of F/SN are working and the music is playing. After that, I gave the save folder an other name and restarted the game, and the music was working, but it seems the sounds were still missing. That was a mistake on my part, it seems the sounds are not played while skipping forward. They work.
After that I tried a complete new install to see if it works. The same, music worked, but no sounds. As said above, they work.
Perhaps this also happens because I have currently Japanese regional settings; after the reinstall, I will try it in German environment. I use Windows Vista.

[Edit] The same in German settings, so the problem seems to be rooted at the save files.
Could you please explain exactly what the problem is here?
It's too complicated for me to understand. :?

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » November 3rd, 2008, 9:02 am

Okay... The bug on "Intermission - Contradictory Holy Grail" was actually caused by a corrupted xp3 file. I have no idea how this corruption occurred, but it'll be fixed in the next release. We're still trying to stomp out some other bugs first though.
Tsukino_Miyabi wrote:
► Show Spoiler
AugustusOsari wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Balcerzak wrote:
► Show Spoiler

wiseonekenobi wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

robthemanbigboy wrote:
► Show Spoiler

turnsniper wrote:
► Show Spoiler

robthemanbigboy wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Balcerzak wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Neo2x wrote:
► Show Spoiler

wiseonekenobi wrote:
► Show Spoiler

sushimonster wrote:
► Show Spoiler

DevilKingBaal wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Message wrote:
► Show Spoiler

DevilKingBaal wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by ArchDemon on November 6th, 2008, 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

requiemaeterna
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by requiemaeterna » November 3rd, 2008, 11:28 am

So I have 2 small bugs to report here:

1. When I tried to load a save made in v2.0 at the first choice ever, I was taken back to the title page.

2. I have set the Text Display Speed to 0 so they would show up instantly. But when I reached a certain point in Intermission 7-1 (I think? Either way it IS called Intermission - Madness), that was ignored and the text started appearing as if the speed wasn't quite 0 (maybe around default, like 30? not sure though).
Happened somewhere around:
► Show Spoiler
It also stopped right after this page.

- Your operating system -Vista 32bit
- What version of Fate/stay night English you are using -V3.1+fix
- Whether you are using the CD or DVD version -CD
- Whether you are using the normal or voiced version -Voiced
- What version of video drivers you are using -Catalyst 8.01 (I think) modded for laptop
Last edited by requiemaeterna on November 3rd, 2008, 6:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Unread post by Message » November 3rd, 2008, 11:30 am

To the people reporting the "Deletion of existing files failed" error: Does this only happen in the quickfix installer, or also in the real one?

For the fix installer, the workaround is to run the installer as admin. I didn't think this'd be necessary, but I guess it is. But if this problem also occurs in the real installer, please let me know.

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » November 3rd, 2008, 12:32 pm

Aku wrote:I had a 2.0 install, updated to 3.0 followed by 3.1 and finally applied the 3.1 quickfix.
I've got the DVD version and have installed Realta N?a voices (though this was done with the 2.0 patcher.)
I'm running Windows XP SP3 with region settings set to Japanese.

When I attempt to run fate.exe normally, I get an error popup that says "EAccessViolation".
It works like a charm when I start it up using AppLocale to set the region to Japanese. Again, my region settings in windows are Japanese (otherwise I wouldn't be able to play Clannad)
I can't reproduce this error. Can anybody else confirm this? :?

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » November 3rd, 2008, 12:42 pm

SilentChaos87 wrote:When I try to install the fix, I get an error message "Deletion of existing files failed. Possibly the game is still running. Please restart the installation procedure after closing the game"

...Except the game isn't open...
Avenger wrote:
SilentChaos87 wrote:When I try to install the fix, I get an error message "Deletion of existing files failed. Possibly the game is still running. Please restart the installation procedure after closing the game"

...Except the game isn't open...
Same here... I've got this error too... :cry:
Can you tell me what your system configuration is and how you installed the game?

Vilagg
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Vilagg » November 4th, 2008, 7:23 pm

I don't know if it is a serious bug, but... The "Skip this scene?" message is shown always, though I have never played HF before. There were no such problem with v2.0 patch.

AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread post by AlinSabel » November 4th, 2008, 9:38 pm

Vilagg wrote:I don't know if it is a serious bug, but... The "Skip this scene?" message is shown always, though I have never played HF before. There were no such problem with v2.0 patch.
Did you download a complete save file?

Vilagg
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Vilagg » November 5th, 2008, 3:41 pm

AlinSabel wrote: Did you download a complete save file?
No. Not quite sure, but on (Day 5) - (No! Fancy curse. The great devil very gets angry.) there was no skipping message. However, on both "Go! About Sakura" and "Go! About Shinji" there were such messages.

AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread post by AlinSabel » November 5th, 2008, 9:13 pm

I am unsure whether you have already seen those while doing other routes (unlikely)... you'd have to check the flowchart for that, and I don't have the time to decipher that.

Pregar
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Pregar » November 5th, 2008, 11:32 pm

When I go to movies and play Fate or UBW opening it freezes at the end. Screen goes white and on top I see 3 options (system, sound and help? something like that, I'm not sure). And then I can only press ctrl+alt+del and restart. I can run taskmanager, but I don't see it, screen is still white. When I press alt+tab I see taskbar for about 1 second and then it disappears.
It happens only in fullscreen, it's OK when I play it In Frame.
64-bit Vista SP1 Ultimate, CD version, voiced, 3.1 + quickfix, radeon 3650, catalyst 8.8

NightFoxXIII
Into 17 Pieces

Unread post by NightFoxXIII » November 6th, 2008, 5:22 am

Not sure if it's an actual bug in the game, but during:

"7th Day: After Breakfast
Sakura and Lunch"

scene, I noticed a lot of flickering of the screen whenever Sakura gets excited. Is that normal? It happens sometimes to depending on the character's reactions.

JLA
Addict

Updated to 3.1 patch .. error playing UBW

Unread post by JLA » November 6th, 2008, 9:07 pm

Hello!
I am almost to the end of UBW (reading it a second time) and have received an error that I did not get before updating to the 3.1 patch.

I think it was day 14 and the title was "Intermission - Contradictory Holy Grail" Interlude 15-3

The last bit of text I got was:
++The piece of meat repeats "help me" in a voice that is no longer human.
++"Interlude Out."

Then I get an error message in Japanese and the screen goes to black and stays that way.

I have a screen shot of the error message for your reference. I can post or e mail it if you would like me to.
Thank you :)
-J

JLA
Addict

Image for error message in UBW..

Unread post by JLA » November 6th, 2008, 9:14 pm

Looks like I can post an image now :)
-J

Jedah
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Jedah » November 6th, 2008, 9:32 pm

One problem Using XP SP2. Not sure if its a bug or something wrong with my computer or some process causing interference so Im reporting it anyways.

Basically the game randomly freezes ( it can freeze anywhere. No specific point in the game ) at which point the CPU usage for Fate.exe goes up to 100% ( 99 ) and the only way to escape is to kill the process and restart my computer since explorer.exe will go up to 100% moments later.

EDIT: It was 3DSmax backprocess. I stopped it and then set Fate.exe to run at above normal. Works fine now.

Why 3DSmax of all things caused it is beyond me.
Last edited by Jedah on November 8th, 2008, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asrimal
Totally hardly posted

Re: Updated to 3.1 patch .. error playing UBW

Unread post by Asrimal » November 6th, 2008, 10:06 pm

JLA wrote:Hello!
I am almost to the end of UBW (reading it a second time) and have received an error that I did not get before updating to the 3.1 patch.

I think it was day 14 and the title was "Intermission - Contradictory Holy Grail" Interlude 15-3

++"Interlude Out."

Then I get an error message in Japanese and the screen goes to black and stays that way.

I have a screen shot of the error message for your reference. I can post or e mail it if you would like me to.
-J
I also have this problem.

dead_lord_666
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by dead_lord_666 » November 7th, 2008, 10:46 pm

Asrimal wrote:

++"Interlude Out."

-J
I have the same problem in "Intermission - Contradictory Holy Grail"

Tsukino_Miyabi
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Tsukino_Miyabi » November 8th, 2008, 1:30 am

dead_lord_666 wrote:
Asrimal wrote:

++"Interlude Out."

-J
I have the same problem in "Intermission - Contradictory Holy Grail"
yeh that was the problem i posted about which happens on the 15th day Before the final battle (I get this if i play through normally). I happen to have had a save on the beginning of the nxt scene were their at home but it wont load cuz of that save error, all saves after that in UBW load though.
ArchDemon wrote:Okay... The bug on "Intermission - Contradictory Holy Grail" was actually caused by a corrupted xp3 file. I have no idea how this corruption occurred, but it'll be fixed in the next release. We're still trying to stomp out some other bugs first though.
looks like itll be fixed in the next release

neko
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by neko » November 8th, 2008, 8:27 pm

F/SN version: 3CD edition + Realta Nua voice pack | translation upgrade v2.0 to v3.1 + quickfix

Error description:
Partial voice disappearing at Heaven's Feel route, day 4, in the beginning of scene HF/Omen; right after Sakura tastes the salad ~_^ Begins with ?It's not what you think, Senpai, I, um, fell on the stairs?.

Workaround:
None ^_^" cause the bug seems to be in the sound linking in patch5.xpi

AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread post by AlinSabel » November 8th, 2008, 9:08 pm

They removed everything 'not kiddy' in RN. Abuse against women is one.