CRUCIS FATAL/FAKE

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

CRUCIS FATAL/FAKE

Unread postby NanatsuYa » October 25th, 2008, 9:42 am

Some time ago, a company called Lights released a trial for their new game: CRUCIS FATAL/FAKE (A F/SN fighting game, the "sequel" to the original Fatal/Fake) This new game has voiceacting (which the original didn't have) and a bunch of other neat stuff too. :lol:

Now for the problem, has anyone played this game and gotten the same problem as I have:
When I start a battle, I can't see the characters (although they are there). Anyone know what can solve a problem like this? I first thought it was something wrong with the files but everyone else seems to have gotten theirs right, is it something i missed with the settings or maybe is it that my computer just sucks too much?

Please Help :?

Edit: Since my problem has been solved already, I have changed the topic name. Now it is "officially" the Crucis Fatal/Fake thread (not counting the two other topics that were created before this^^, but since they're dead already, this'll be the main for now).
Last edited by NanatsuYa on November 10th, 2008, 6:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Be sliced by the blades of Summer Snow, fragile thing..." - Nanaya Shiki.
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby AlinSabel » October 25th, 2008, 9:55 am

Uh... on the graphics setting window, do you see three options, one with 2 something or other, the next one below it with 1.1, and the third one with no number and a button on the right of it? Set it to 1.1 or the lowest one... then try again.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby NanatsuYa » October 25th, 2008, 11:33 am

Ah now I see... It works fine now^^

Hmm... So to put it simply, my computer coudn't handle 2.0?
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby shirou210 » October 25th, 2008, 2:21 pm

Hey..
I wanna try this game..
Where did you get this?...
comments or URL pls...
"Walking with the wind blowing on your face. Walking towards the future. Busy days with no compass to guide you. After travelling to distant exotic countries... You will return to where you belong, one sunny day." - "Brilliant Years" UBW True Ending
shirou210
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby NanatsuYa » October 25th, 2008, 2:26 pm

http://www.lights-maguro.com/product/crucis/index.html

Download trial. By the way, the full version (1.0) was released yesterday^^

Edit: Forgot to say, only Shirou, Rin, Archer and Saber are playable in the trial ver. There are more chars in the full ver^^
Last edited by NanatsuYa on October 25th, 2008, 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Raitei » October 25th, 2008, 2:30 pm

the theme picture kinda reminds me of ff viii... although no clear evidence of who among the 3 main heroines she is. heck, she could even be ilya. :P
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby NanatsuYa » October 25th, 2008, 2:33 pm

Raitei wrote:the theme picture kinda reminds me of ff viii... although no clear evidence of who among the 3 main heroines she is. heck, she could even be ilya. :P

Yes the logo looks like the one from FFVIII, but it's Souichirou and Caster instead (I think)^^
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Raitei » October 25th, 2008, 2:35 pm

NanatsuYa wrote:
Raitei wrote:the theme picture kinda reminds me of ff viii... although no clear evidence of who among the 3 main heroines she is. heck, she could even be ilya. :P

Yes the logo looks like the one from FFVIII, but it's Souichirou and Caster instead (I think)^^
now you're talking! :P
on a second thought... no. the male's pony's too short to be kuzuki. must be shirou. :P
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby NanatsuYa » October 25th, 2008, 2:52 pm

Ok so for a little info then :)

CRUCIS FATAL/FAKE = F/SN figthing game developed by "Lights" (Link http://www.lights-maguro.com/) An updated version of the original game, Fatal/Fake (which didn't have any masters, no voice acting etc...)

Versions out so far: 0.90 (trial) and 1.00 (full ver, was released 24 Oct)

(Known) Playable characters are:

Masters: Kirei, Shirou, Rin, Sakura, Souchirou, Illya* (*not really playable, but selectable).
Servants: Saber, Archer, Lancer, Caster, Berserker, Rider, Assassin, True Assassin* (*Unlockable) and Gilgamesh.

A very well-made game actually, now we have something to play while we wait for Fate/Unlimited Codes^^
Last edited by NanatsuYa on October 25th, 2008, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Wiiown » October 25th, 2008, 7:49 pm

I played the trial quite a bit back when it was just rinxsaber, now its quite a bit different. I suck so bad with rin it isn't funny, but I like the way shirou plays, he has the ability to switch his styles by tracing either the wooden sword or kansho and bakuya.
I'm ok with archer but I like using saber and shirou for the mix up of fighting styles since archer and shirou are similar in playstyle >_>.
Wiiown
Crack Addic!

Unread postby AlinSabel » October 25th, 2008, 8:18 pm

Trial is at version 1.3 if I recall properly.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure what that setting is (alpha shading? iunno), but my laptop supports 2, while my desktop can't even support 1.1. Methinks it has a little something to do with the GFX card... Regardless, my desktop has VIA/S3G, so the game crashes when I use down left c. -_-;;
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Ausdoerrt » October 25th, 2008, 10:03 pm

NanatsuYa wrote:

Hmm, I thought it was Kirei and Rin >__< Fut yeah, FFVIII similarity is definite!

Anyway, I like this one better than the last Fatal/fake, they improved it quite a bit. I just wish the graphics looked a bit better...
Ausdoerrt
Addict

Unread postby NanatsuYa » October 25th, 2008, 10:19 pm

At times I can see straight through Gilgamesh's armor xD. Yeah, I hope they'll fix these graphics in the (hopefully) upcoming update patches^^

Also if anyone happens to be in possession of the full version of the game:

This is how you unlock True Assassin: Just finish Arcade mode on any diff. and you'll get him^^
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby NanatsuYa » October 25th, 2008, 10:32 pm

Ausdoerrt wrote:Hmm, I thought it was Kirei and Rin >__<

Maybe so, but I thought it was Caster and him cus from what I can remember, Caster had those pointy ears, like the girl in the logo. And the only one to make such a cold face while hugging someone can only be Souichirou, right? :lol:
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Wiiown » October 25th, 2008, 11:45 pm

Hey if you have the full version can you answer a question? Does archer have
Rho Aias or UBW in the full version or just overedge Hrunting and kaladbold like in the trial?
Wiiown
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Raitei » October 26th, 2008, 12:10 am

holy sh*t, you're right! it's caster and kuzuki! the image in the web page was shady, so I couldn't make it out who they are, but now.... :oops:

but the image quality... is it just me, or it seems like... the 1st one was better?
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei

Unread postby gexer64 » October 26th, 2008, 12:33 am

Am I the only one who is sick of type-moon fighting games? I mean sure a couple is okay but it seems as though fsn is becoming dbz. This is why I appreciated battle moon wars.

If you ask me FSN would do great with Devil May Cry gameplay. But that's just me.
In a single answer lies a thousand questions.
gexer64
Crack Desu!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » October 26th, 2008, 1:25 am

I believe this is a repeat topic... The original can be found here...

@Rai...
At least in NPs/Specials wise... I think the first one is slightly better... Im still wondering if Shirou would be able to execute Nine Lives in this game.. and how exactly does UBW works here...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Wiiown » October 26th, 2008, 2:43 am

inferno_flamex wrote:I believe this is a repeat topic... The original can be found here...

@Rai...
At least in NPs/Specials wise... I think the first one is slightly better... Im still wondering if Shirou would be able to execute Nine Lives in this game.. and how exactly does UBW works here...

Shirou does indeed have NLBW as his ultimate skill (only when he has his wooden sword out though). As for too many Type moon fighting games, there is only melty blood Fatal Fake and Unlimited codes as far as I know. 3 is no where near dbz and more importantly, they are all kickass so far. So far I'm enjoying this version better than the original simply because of the 2v2 concept and the updated graphics/movesets, characters actually have stuns and launchers now instead of just mashing a b c combos all day. And now that I finally figured out how to use Rin i'm a happy camper >_>
Wiiown
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Duvet » October 26th, 2008, 3:15 am

Wiiown wrote:Hey if you have the full version can you answer a question? Does archer have
Rho Aias or UBW in the full version or just overedge Hrunting and kaladbold like in the trial?

Archer doesn't have Rho Aias, but he does have UBW. Also has K&B, you can't block it.
Duvet
Might just like this board

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat