Differences between F/SN and Realta Nua (Spoilers)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Differences between F/SN and Realta Nua (Spoilers)

Unread postby Sepheriel » October 22nd, 2008, 6:19 pm

Just as the title says. I want to know what is different in "Realta Nua" (what they changed, added, took out, etc.). Thanks!
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Tash » October 22nd, 2008, 6:42 pm

There's a new Saber ending, a voice option, a bunch of new CGs (HF has a lot), removed sex scenes, and I've heard there are a few new scenes. RN has a new opening song too, which has different opening scenes depending on which route you're playing. (For example, the UBW intro has clips of Saber fighting with Rider, while the HF intro has clips of Sakura being sad)
Tash
Addict

Unread postby gmsephiroth » October 22nd, 2008, 6:46 pm

Tash wrote:There's a new Saber ending, a voice option, a bunch of new CGs (HF has a lot), removed sex scenes, and I've heard there are a few new scenes. RN has a new opening song too, which has different opening scenes depending on which route you're playing. (For example, the UBW intro has clips of Saber fighting with Rider, while the HF intro has clips of Sakura being sad)

Wow, I didn't think there were quite that many differences. The only difference that really matters to me is the "Last Episode" ending, though...the rest is all secondary extras to me.
gmsephiroth
Addict

Unread postby Kansho » October 22nd, 2008, 6:46 pm

Basically:

- A lot of new CGs, effects, improved graphical engine.
- Voice Actors.
- Eroge scenes changed for new ones.
- A lot of new OST tracks.
- 3 New OPs.
- Last Episode.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Nerroth » October 22nd, 2008, 7:32 pm

Is there a list of which ero scenes have been changed entirely (such as replacing the UBW scene with the circuit-bonding) or which may have been moved 'off-camera' (as in, did Shirou and Sakura sleep together, but they aren't shown in the act)?
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » October 22nd, 2008, 7:38 pm

I wonder why they even bother replacing them? The sex scenes are short and you see worse on MTV, or Disney, or Nick...basically.

Although the list of stuff changed does interest me, the PC version will always be the best version. Voices can ruin your image of a character sometimes, anyways.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby gmsephiroth » October 22nd, 2008, 7:44 pm

Mkilbride wrote:I wonder why they even bother replacing them? The sex scenes are short and you see worse on MTV, or Disney, or Nick...basically.

Although the list of stuff changed does interest me, the PC version will always be the best version. Voices can ruin your image of a character sometimes, anyways.

Well, you have to take into consideration that Japanese culture, and thus, their TV, is different from ours. This also applies to video games, obviously. Since it's supposed to be an all-ages version of the game, one would assume that it's appropriate for all ages by Japan's standards, not any other country's. That said, voices are a doule edged sword. They can make a character better, or they can utterly ruin them. For F/SN in particular, IMO, it's the former, but that is up to the individual to decide for themselves.
gmsephiroth
Addict

Unread postby Utsuho » October 22nd, 2008, 10:38 pm

Mkilbride wrote:I wonder why they even bother replacing them? The sex scenes are short and you see worse on MTV, or Disney, or Nick...basically.

I'm pretty sure companies like Sony don't allow ero content in games on their consoles, which is why console ports of eroge have the ero removed in exchange for new characters, voice acting, new scenes etc.

...and wow, Disney must have changed since I was a kid if it's got graphic sex scenes like F/sn's now. Wait, is that why that High School Musical thing is so popular?! D:
Utsuho
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby that one guy » October 22nd, 2008, 10:38 pm

I'm pretty sure Sakura drinks some of Shirous blood in HF....it's a really weird CG, but that's what I get from it. She bites on his finger and drinks the blood.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby gmsephiroth » October 23rd, 2008, 12:13 am

that one guy wrote:I'm pretty sure Sakura drinks some of Shirous blood in HF....it's a really weird CG, but that's what I get from it. She bites on his finger and drinks the blood.

Hmm...
gmsephiroth
Addict

Unread postby shirou210 » October 23rd, 2008, 12:22 am

that one guy wrote:I'm pretty sure Sakura drinks some of Shirous blood in HF....it's a really weird CG, but that's what I get from it. She bites on his finger and drinks the blood.

I also so a CG where Tohsaka Rin bites Shirou on the neck and when she opened her eyes, it was like Rider's...
Dunno on what scenario was that...
"Walking with the wind blowing on your face. Walking towards the future. Busy days with no compass to guide you. After travelling to distant exotic countries... You will return to where you belong, one sunny day." - "Brilliant Years" UBW True Ending
shirou210
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby KratosIrving » October 23rd, 2008, 12:31 am

shirou210 wrote:I'm pretty sure Sakura drinks some of Shirous blood in HF....it's a really weird CG, but that's what I get from it. She bites on his finger and drinks the blood.

It's from HF, and I believe that one comes early, around Day 5 or 6. (Well, nighttime anyhow.)
KratosIrving
<3 *rip* *splurt*

Unread postby Utsuho » October 23rd, 2008, 12:33 am

shirou210 wrote:

I also so a CG where Tohsaka Rin bites Shirou on the neck and when she opened her eyes, it was like Rider's...
Dunno on what scenario was that...

It's in Heaven's Feel.
In the original scene, Rider appeared in Shirou's dream in the form of Rin and had sex with him to... steal some of his mana, I think. In RN it seems that she made him dream of Rin/Ayako lesbian subtext and then drank his blood as Rin. (I kinda prefer the RN version. Hooray, lesbians!)
Utsuho
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby KratosIrving » October 23rd, 2008, 12:39 am

Utsuho wrote:It's in Heaven's Feel.
In the original scene, Rider appeared in Shirou's dream in the form of Rin and had sex with him to... steal some of his mana, I think. In RN it seems that she made him dream of Rin/Ayako lesbian subtext and then drank his blood as Rin. (I kinda prefer the RN version. Hooray, lesbians!)

:shock:

I did not know that about the RN version. Finally some Mitsuzuri!
KratosIrving
<3 *rip* *splurt*

Unread postby Tash » October 23rd, 2008, 2:25 am

One thing I don't like about RN is that Shirou is in so many of the new CGs. In the original PC version, you only catch a few quick glimpses of the guy, but you can clearly see him in almost every new HF CG. It kind of makes you feel less like you're playing it from his perspective.
Tash
Addict

Unread postby Sepheriel » October 23rd, 2008, 5:15 am

Some people I think need some spoiler tags in their posts. As for the voice acting, I thought the voices improved the game A LOT because you get more emotion and connection with voices than just you reading.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby KratosIrving » October 23rd, 2008, 5:24 am

Imo, the best examples of the voices improving content are any of the battles that include
Gilgamesh
KratosIrving
<3 *rip* *splurt*

Unread postby Message » October 23rd, 2008, 7:18 am

I'll tag the whole thread. The discussion cannot get enough detail if people can't post spoilers.

Unread postby metal_cocoabo » October 23rd, 2008, 9:27 am

Uh, pardon the slow people, but is Last Episode an alternate ending for the Fate route? Oh, and is the MM patch compatible with this?
metal_cocoabo
Crack Addic!

Unread postby AlinSabel » October 23rd, 2008, 9:30 am

It's an additional ending that occurs after the Fate end.
No, the mm patch is not compatible. -_-;;
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat