Differences between F/SN and Realta Nua (Spoilers)

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby gmsephiroth » October 23rd, 2008, 3:44 pm

metal_cocoabo wrote:Uh, pardon the slow people, but is Last Episode an alternate ending for the Fate route? Oh, and is the MM patch compatible with this?

Essentially, Last Episode is
A happy end in which Shirou and Saber essentially live happily ever after.I suppose they put it there for either:

A) The Saber fanboys (like me) who didn't like the fact that no matter which ending you got, Shirou and Saber didn't end up together (also like me, and I don't really count the UBW good ending, since in that ending it's a Shirou x Rin ending, and Saber is just kinda there, despite the subtle hints at a Shirou x Saber romance in the dojo)

or

B) Since it's an all ages game, maybe they figured they'd end the game on a good note with the ideal "happily ever after" ending for the younger audience. Not really quite as good of an excuse, but you don't need a good excuse to do things on a whim...

I personally think it's A, but w/e, that's just my interpretation.
gmsephiroth
Addict

Unread postby Kansho » October 23rd, 2008, 3:53 pm

The "all-ages" thing is under quotation marks. The game is violent, mature and all of that as ever.

And Last Episode is all poetic stuff. We didn't know the "when", "what" or the "why", all of we know is that Saber route!Shirou and Saber reunited some way or another.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby KratosIrving » October 23rd, 2008, 4:48 pm

Yeah, everything else is left up to the individual reader. Since Last Episode is so vague, there's plenty of fanfics out there that give their own Saber/Shirou Good End, but only a few are gems.
KratosIrving
<3 *rip* *splurt*

Unread postby fakeremiya » October 23rd, 2008, 5:20 pm

Its up to the reader to decide whether they got reunited or Saber is just dreaming of being reunited again with Shirou.

Although personally I liked how it ended in the PC version better.
fakeremiya
Might just like this board

Previous

Return to Fate/stay night Chat