Which master/servant pair do you like the most? [SPOILERS!]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Which 5th war master/servant pair do you like the best?

Shirou/Saber
18%
Rin/Archer
29%
Ilya/Berserker
11%
Souichirou/Caster
5%
Kotomine/Lancer
3%
Caster/Assassin
2%
Rin/Saber
12%
Sakura/Rider
12%
Kotomine/Gilgamesh
6%
Zouken/True Assassin
2%

Total votes : 65

Unread postby TheRedArcher » November 1st, 2008, 8:23 am

AlextheLazy wrote:
She is the one who summoned Lancer so the Bazette/Lancer combo should be valid

given the fact she used her NP to summon him the only other hero she could summon is Conn Cetchathach as he and Setanta(Cu Chulainn) where the only mortal wielder of it

The reason I didn't put Bazette/Lancer on the poll was because I didn't have enough room for more polls.
And although Bazette and Lancer were in the 5th war, Bazette is a Fate Hollow character and was participating in a pseudo war.
So I don't think Bazette and Lancer should be up on the "5th holy grail war Master/Servant" poll.

I would really like to see a Archer/Saber combo even though they are both servants. I think it would pretty neat to see what they could accomplish.
TheRedArcher
Addict

Unread postby Vayth » November 18th, 2008, 1:48 am

No sakura/Black Saber? :twisted:
Vayth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby abscess » November 18th, 2008, 2:47 am

I'm all for Sakura/Rider coupling! Two highly attractive women capable of kicking ass and with a decent enough ending! What else can you ask for?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Ailtin » November 18th, 2008, 2:42 pm

I really like Saber/Shirou. But i think Archer/Rin is great but i hate Archer for
betrayin Rin in the UBW Route. But thats not the main reason :)
Ailtin
Might just like this board

Unread postby Serpentarius » November 19th, 2008, 2:51 am

Ailtin wrote:I really like Saber/Shirou. But i think Archer/Rin is great but i hate Archer for
betrayin Rin in the UBW Route. But thats not the main reason :)
Well, to be fair, he went out of his way to make sure that Rin and Saber would live. When Rin makes her contract with Saber, he even says that he had planned to let them make a contract anyway, but only after he killed Shirou. He was only a little sentimental in that regard, though - when his only way of killing Shirou required him to sacrifice Rin or Saber, he didn't hesitate. Still, he did everything he could short of giving up his mission to keep them out of harm.
Serpentarius

Unread postby Darkbalmunk » November 24th, 2008, 3:38 pm

*tear* no sakura and angra manyu combo? no godlike yet normal human servant to tentacle rape servants that get absorbed by the shadow or rin in general, lol.

no sakura tantrums of darkness, is there no dreams of eating men than run up to sakura, or the slaughter of a whole neighborhood without a trace? damn it all lol.

we all know the anti-heros must rise...
Darkbalmunk

Unread postby Raitei » November 24th, 2008, 3:51 pm

angra mainyu (corrupted grail) is not a servant... if you're talking about avenger, you'd better think of something else...
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Watashimo » November 24th, 2008, 5:00 pm

Rikh wrote:Rin/Saber and Shiro/Archer combos best

Rin/Saber is full of moeness and massive amounts of destruction

and for shiro/archer
They would be perfect partners, as they both would have the same abilities. Archer could teach shiro many tricks for tracing in a short time for instructional purposes, so shiro would be a decent backup. Also with shiro there, they both could create the RM at the same time causing utter h4x damage.
If you could just get around the fact that they're trying to kill each other...

Speaking of Archer/Shiro combos. They do so well together in Crucis Fatal/Fake its scary. They chain together devastating long-range combos so that you can't get close. Damn CPU anyway!!
Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread postby BlackTornado » November 28th, 2008, 8:51 am

and for shiro/archer
They would be perfect partners, as they both would have the same abilities. Archer could teach shiro many tricks for tracing in a short time for instructional purposes, so shiro would be a decent backup. Also with shiro there, they both could create the RM at the same time causing utter h4x damage.

Shirou would have no mana to give archer for him to perform ubw or extensive tracing. Shirou has only a bit of mana to do a little bit of tracing even if he learned it, and would no have the mana to do ubw either. Who needs 2 ubws anyway... it probably does not stack...
BlackTornado
Addict

Unread postby Rikh » November 28th, 2008, 5:41 pm

Mugen no Tsurugi wrote:Does Rin and Shirou + Lancer in UBW count? I loved that combination. :)

Lancer sure got Tohsaka fired up XD

BlackTornado wrote:

and for shiro/archer

Shirou would have no mana to give archer for him to perform ubw or extensive tracing. Shirou has only a bit of mana to do a little bit of tracing even if he learned it, and would no have the mana to do ubw either. Who needs 2 ubws anyway... it probably does not stack...

Oh it stacks...
its just that the world is double unlimited blade works... so there are two swords for every sword drawn???

and shiro could supply enough mana for archer under certain means... but that will be more angry sex than even a kotomine + Shiro combo...
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Serpentarius » November 28th, 2008, 7:12 pm

Rikh wrote:and shiro could supply enough mana for archer under certain means... but that will be more angry sex than even a kotomine + Shiro combo...
Does that count as masturbation?
Serpentarius

Unread postby Rikh » November 28th, 2008, 11:02 pm

Serpentarius wrote:
Rikh wrote:and shiro could supply enough mana for archer under certain means... but that will be more angry sex than even a kotomine + Shiro combo...
Does that count as masturbation?

well... they are one person so....

yah i would guess
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby BlackTornado » November 29th, 2008, 2:17 pm

i am not convinced that they stack. After 1 reality marble is cast, another reality marble would just create a new world inside the current reality marble. Just like how the real world is disconnected from the first rm, the first rm would be disconnected from the second.

just my speculation though, correct me if i am wrong
BlackTornado
Addict

Unread postby wyldfire » November 29th, 2008, 2:27 pm

@blacktornado :

shouldn't u size down ur pic a bit...it doesn't look like it's 100*100 pixels as stated in the forum rules....
wyldfire
Addict

Unread postby Rikh » November 29th, 2008, 4:28 pm

BlackTornado wrote:i am not convinced that they stack. After 1 reality marble is cast, another reality marble would just create a new world inside the current reality marble. Just like how the real world is disconnected from the first rm, the first rm would be disconnected from the second.

just my speculation though, correct me if i am wrong

i was kidding about the stacking, lol...

if Archer used his first, and shiro used his second, then Shiros RM would probably be inside Archers

Since they are probably around the same size, they would most likely layer each other to make it last longer potentially... Who knows, inside a RM, it might be stress free to create another one

Also i think if UBW shiro (After RM aquisition) fought archer, whenever one of them spawned ubw, they both would probably have access to the weapons. Since UBW shiro will follow his lifes path with no regrets, and Archer has done almost the same, their worlds are perfectly alike
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby kensain » December 2nd, 2008, 7:59 am

BlackTornado wrote:Since UBW shiro will follow his lifes path with no regrets, and Archer has done almost the same, their worlds are perfectly alike
Huh? What UBW route did YOU play?
The whole reason he's trying to kill shirou is out of regret.

Anyway, it realistically wouldn't stack, the second reality would probably just overwrite the first.
After all, what would it look like? The two blade works look totally different, and two infinities worth of swords is weird.
Last edited by kensain on December 2nd, 2008, 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
The one who desires only perfection. Repeat.
The one who sees only flaws. Repeat.
The one who is unable to see alternative. Repeat.
The one who sees the unattainable perfection. Repeat.
The one who is blind. Relinquish.
kensain
Addict

Unread postby xthr » December 2nd, 2008, 8:08 am

I would have voted Zouken/True Assassin since TA is probably my favorite character in FSN.

Problem is... Zouken... is... kinda... >_>

We'll go with my second favorite, Kotomine/Lancer. Lancer is GAR, and Kotomine is the awesomes (my favorite master). In all three arcs. Yes, I even liked UBW Kotomine more than Shirou or Rin.

Dang I wish Kotomine summoned TA... :<

The HF kotomine fight with TA was freaking awesome
xthr
Crack Addic!

Unread postby BlackTornado » December 2nd, 2008, 11:31 am

kensain wrote:
BlackTornado wrote:Since UBW shiro will follow his lifes path with no regrets, and Archer has done almost the same, their worlds are perfectly alike

Anyway, it realistically wouldn't stack, the second reality would probably just overwrite the first.
After all, what would it look like? The two blade works look totally different, and two infinities worth of swords is weird.

no i did not write that.... rikh did...
fourFyFSIX
BlackTornado
Addict

Unread postby Rikh » December 3rd, 2008, 4:55 am

BlackTornado wrote:
kensain wrote:

no i did not write that.... rikh did...

i was mearly joking about it honestly :|

Although i am sure if they both did UBW at the same time... for whatever hell the reason...

The first one to spawn UBW would have the initial world, and the second one to spawn it would create a new RM inside UBW...

or maybe Dome-based reality marbles converge if they touch...

Either way, if either one uses UBW... they both have access to the swords...
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Benawi » December 3rd, 2008, 5:01 am

Shirou and Saber are definately the most suited in my mind which makes them ideal partners. That being said i would kill for a true Rin/Lancer route after reading the UBW route
Benawi

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat