Which master/servant pair do you like the most? [SPOILERS!]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Which 5th war master/servant pair do you like the best?

Shirou/Saber
18%
Rin/Archer
29%
Ilya/Berserker
11%
Souichirou/Caster
5%
Kotomine/Lancer
3%
Caster/Assassin
2%
Rin/Saber
12%
Sakura/Rider
12%
Kotomine/Gilgamesh
6%
Zouken/True Assassin
2%

Total votes : 65

Which master/servant pair do you like the most? [SPOILERS!]

Unread postby ArchertheRed » October 21st, 2008, 7:26 am

So which master/servant pair do you like the most or you would like to see?

My number one favorite would be the Shirou/Saber pair and my other favorites would be the Ilya/Berserker pair and the Rin/Archer pair.

I couldn't put in Shinji/Gilgamesh and Shini/Rider in the polls because it would already be too many polls. And Shinji seems to be one of the less popular characters in the game so I took him out.
ArchertheRed
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Message » October 21st, 2008, 7:31 am

ArchertheRed has been banned for openly posting massive spoilers of Fate/stay night.

Unread postby Inverted » October 21st, 2008, 8:11 am

Pictures say more than words XDDDDDDDD
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » October 21st, 2008, 9:19 am

Message wrote:ArchertheRed has been banned for openly posting massive spoilers of Fate/stay night.

Hmm but the thread title does say spoilers in capitals no less ... or did u add that yourself?

And i guess i will say sakura/rider while this thread is still open cos its the obvious thing to say :P
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » October 21st, 2008, 11:08 am

drizzt_rocks wrote:Hmm but the thread title does say spoilers in capitals no less ... or did u add that yourself?

One would have to be some kind of an idiot to ban someone for not adding a spoiler tag and then not adding it oneself either... :roll:

My favourite combo is Rin/Archer, because playing from Rin's perspective in the prologue is the best part of the game. :P

Unread postby Raitei » October 21st, 2008, 2:24 pm

saber - shirou combo. nuff said. :P
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Xamdou » October 21st, 2008, 2:57 pm

Why isn't there the lowlife Shinji?
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby metal_cocoabo » October 21st, 2008, 4:59 pm

Xamdou wrote:Why isn't there the lowlife Shinji?

ArcherTheRed wrote:I couldn't put in Shinji/Gilgamesh and Shini/Rider in the polls because it would already be too many polls. And Shinji seems to be one of the less popular characters in the game so I took him out.

Rin/Saber. It's basically Saber with all the mana she needs without the sexist idiot holding her back. And with a master that can actually support her, both in and out of combat.
metal_cocoabo
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Rikh » October 21st, 2008, 6:00 pm

Rin/Saber and Shiro/Archer combos best

Rin/Saber is full of moeness and massive amounts of destruction

and for shiro/archer
They would be perfect partners, as they both would have the same abilities. Archer could teach shiro many tricks for tracing in a short time for instructional purposes, so shiro would be a decent backup. Also with shiro there, they both could create the RM at the same time causing utter h4x damage.
If you could just get around the fact that they're trying to kill each other...
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » October 21st, 2008, 6:41 pm

Message wrote:ArchertheRed has been banned for openly posting massive spoilers of Fate/stay night.

....Wow...! That was quite fast, and he only got like 21 posts... too bad for the fella. Anyway, I can't cast my vote just yet since I'd rather wait for the HF translation to be finished to see all the other master/servant combos out there and see which one is more appealing. Right now I woudl say Shirou/Saber since that's the one I'm more used to, but Souichirou/Caster was interesting too. I actually liked that in UBW Shirou didn't have a servant to back him up (or is my memory playing trick on me again?) and had to do stuff the hard way, and the added fact that Saber would try to help him, even though there was no valid contract, was interesting.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby TheRedArcher » November 1st, 2008, 12:14 am

Well, I learned my lesson. I should always double check what I type in from now on.

Happy Halloween, I'm dressing up as Shirou.
TheRedArcher
Addict

Unread postby IceCold_Asssassin » November 1st, 2008, 12:20 am

im the only one to like caster and her master? really? I think its a pretty amazing team.
IceCold_Asssassin
Crack Addic!

Unread postby KratosIrving » November 1st, 2008, 12:33 am

TheRedArcher wrote: Happy Halloween, I'm dressing up as Shirou.

Interesting, with username being Archer.

If I had the cash, I woulda looked around for a nice Lancer costume, have a friend of mine who works with props make me a Gae Bolg, and go to town. 8)
KratosIrving
<3 *rip* *splurt*

Unread postby Shiirn » November 1st, 2008, 12:41 am

Where is my Bazette/Avenger?
Shiirn
Might just like this board

Unread postby TheRedArcher » November 1st, 2008, 12:41 am

KratosIrving wrote:

Archer's outfit is very extravagant. Shirou is just wearing a shirt and jeans. The Shirou outfit is much simpler, much cheaper, and less time consuming. So I went with that. (I wish I had more time and money. :() Plus, I think Shirou is just as cool as Archer too. So dressing up as either Archer or Shirou would be a ok for me. :D

And Bazette/Avenger isn't on there because they didn't really participate in the 5th holy grail war.
TheRedArcher
Addict

Unread postby Nerroth » November 1st, 2008, 1:59 am

*waits for 4th Heaven's Feel poll*

I voted for mai waifu and her meganekko!
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Shun » November 1st, 2008, 5:04 am

Mine is probably Illya(despite the fact that her name makes my tongue tie itself in knots) and Berserker.

UBW pretty much cemented those two as my favorite Master/Servant pair. Of course having yet to play Heaven's Feel my decision is prone to change depending on how that route turns out.

Honourable mention goes to Rin's possible combinations, with preference towards the archer combo. After Rin it is probably the Shirou/Saber or Caster/Souichirou combinations. Too bad Lancer doesn't have a good master elsewise he would be up there, but since this is a pair we are talking about... well, Lancer falls cause of that. Basically I like them based on their pair dynamics as I have witnessed them thusfar.
Last edited by Shun on November 1st, 2008, 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shun
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AlextheLazy » November 1st, 2008, 5:07 am

TheRedArcher wrote:
KratosIrving wrote:

Archer's outfit is very extravagant. Shirou is just wearing a shirt and jeans. The Shirou outfit is much simpler, much cheaper, and less time consuming. So I went with that. (I wish I had more time and money. :() Plus, I think Shirou is just as cool as Archer too. So dressing up as either Archer or Shirou would be a ok for me. :D

And Bazette/Avenger isn't on there because they didn't really participate in the 5th holy grail war.

true but

She is the one who summoned Lancer so the Bazette/Lancer combo should be valid

given the fact she used her NP to summon him the only other hero she could summon is Conn Cetchathach as he and Setanta(Cu Chulainn) where the only mortal wielder of it
AlextheLazy

Unread postby Raitei » November 1st, 2008, 5:17 am

AlextheLazy wrote:
Sgiven the fact she used her NP to summon him the only other hero she could summon is Conn Cetchathach as he and Setanta(Cu Chulainn) where the only mortal wielder of it
no.
she didn't use fragarach as a catalyst. instead, she used her earrings as the catalyst. earrings once worn by cu chulainn. possibility is that she really has a blood relation with lancer, since it's a family heirloom.

this fact, backed up by her very wish to summon cu chulainn (that she wanted to save him from his past, and loved him) gave 100% possibility, if not more to summon lancer.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Mugen no Tsurugi » November 1st, 2008, 6:29 am

Does Rin and Shirou + Lancer in UBW count? I loved that combination. :)
Mugen no Tsurugi

Next

Return to Fate/stay night Chat