Which God would you like to have as a servant?? [Spoilers]

It's alright, we feel your pain. Noone wants to admit being gar for Berserker.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » October 22nd, 2008, 2:18 pm

Nerroth wrote:Do the Pharaohs count?

Since they were meant to become divine after death, and all.

Wikipedia wrote:Pharaoh is the title given in modern parlance to the ancient Egyptian kings of all periods. In antiquity it began to be used for the king, who was the religious and political leader of ancient Egypt, during the New Kingdom. Meaning "Great House", it originally referred to the king's palace, but the meaning loosened over the course of Egyptian history until it became interchangeable with the traditional Egyptian word for king, nswt. Although the rulers of Egypt were generally male, pharaoh was also used on the rare occasions when a female ruled. The pharaohs were believed to be the incarnations of the god Horus in life, and of Osiris in death. Pharaohs were viewed as a bridge between god Osiris and human beings. After death, the Pharaoh will supposedly unite with Osiris; thus the pyramids.

I guess so...
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Belzera » October 22nd, 2008, 5:05 pm

I'd choose one of the Gods Of Video Games, Prefferably the God of Fighters or First Person Shooters
Belzera
Addict

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » October 22nd, 2008, 5:27 pm

AHAHAHAHA, think about it, if you want to summon Jesus, you probably need the Holy Grail as the catalyst. O man, the irony.

Yes, something like the burial shroud and spear of longinus works too, but those are no fun.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » October 22nd, 2008, 6:02 pm

Hah! Puny choices for puny humans! I would go for the graEtest of the great god of them all.... LORD XENU!!!!! (Xemu for some, since it's interchangeably). He can use space-crafts that look so much like a friggin' plane and blow volcanoes with H-Bombs and use "psyches" as tools for EVOL!
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Wiiown » October 22nd, 2008, 6:50 pm

Wait a minute, if we can choose Pharaohs I am changing my vote to the Yu-gi-oh abridged series Pharaoh. He can throw mind crushes at people and his voice gets deeper randomly!
Wiiown
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Ausdoerrt » October 22nd, 2008, 9:15 pm

Gotta have Jeebus. Lancer class. Would smack people around with a cross.

(PS imagine him with an Archer UBW personality: "ahh, what did I die for, I'm so tired of this sh*t lololol)
Ausdoerrt
Addict

Unread postby Catastrophe » October 22nd, 2008, 10:31 pm

abscess wrote:Hah! Puny choices for puny humans! I would go for the graEtest of the great god of them all.... LORD XENU!!!!! (Xemu for some, since it's interchangeably). He can use space-crafts that look so much like a friggin' plane and blow volcanoes with H-Bombs and use "psyches" as tools for EVOL!
quoted for WIN
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby that one guy » October 22nd, 2008, 10:33 pm

Me? Hmm....hard question. I suppose I'd go with...Nuada, the TRUE king of the Tuatha De Danann.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Xamdou » October 23rd, 2008, 12:03 am

Which Pharaohs? There is hell lots of them .
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby gexer64 » October 23rd, 2008, 12:47 am

Perhaps thanatos, the god of death?
In a single answer lies a thousand questions.
gexer64
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Nerroth » October 23rd, 2008, 12:59 am

Xamdou wrote:

Which Pharaohs? There is hell lots of them .

This one.

------------------------------------------------------------

Rider-class Servant: Ramesses the Great

A lot of thanks for this go to BL's Tohsaka Rin, for her time, patience, effort and wisdom - for all of which I am very grateful. And to BL's mima, for cheering on the idea, and for not minding my 'borrowing' of some of her layout!

Regarded by many as the greatest pharaoh to have ever lived, the epitome of the power and majesty of ancient Egypt, Ramesses lived a long and successful life as the third, and by far the longest-reigning, pharaoh of the Nineteenth Dynasty.
Establishing the city of Pi-Ramesses as his new capital, reaching his navies into the Mediterranean to crush the Sherdana, and his armies into the Near East to face the Hittites (most famously at the various battles fought at Qadesh) and south into Nubia, the pharaoh's writ ran large - and even before his death was revered by his subjects as a living god.
He is renowned as one of ancient Egypt's greatest builders, with temples, statues, obelisks and other works created by his decree across Upper and Lower Egypt.
He was a fearless and skilled leader in war, despite a few upsets at Qadesh along the way. He also proved to be a great man of peace, as he transformed the state of Near East political relations by forging a solid alliance with the Hittite king Hattusili III through the Eternal Treaty, or Treaty of Qadesh - the world's oldest peace accord.
And as with all pharaohs, once his reign finally ended (when he was in his nineties - very old for a pharaoh) his soul was commended to enjoy a reign of millions of years, to shine upon the heavens as a new star in the Orion - or perhaps Osirian - constellation.
But as a copy of his records enjoys a place of prominence within the Throne of Heroes, he might be interested in taking a break from his astral sovereignty, and ride to war once more?

Name: Ramesses Meryamun (Personal name) / Usermaatre-setepenre (Throne name) / Kanakht Merymaa (Horus name) / Userrenput-aanehktu (Golden Horus name)
Class: Rider
Attribute: Lawful Good
Strength: B
Endurance: A
Agility: C
Mana: B
Luck: B
Noble Phantasms: A
Magic Resistance: D
Riding: A+
Military Tactics: B-
Charisma: A
Divinity: B+

Abilities

* Charisma
Natural talent in commanding a large military force. Rank A can be said to be the greatest popular support obtainable as a human being.
* Magic Resistance
Cancels single-action spell execution. Level of magic resistance is the equivalent of having an amulet with charms against mystical energy.
* Military Tactics
Tactical instinctive ability used not for one-on-one combat, but in a battlefield where many are mobilized. Advantageous modifiers are provided in situations when executing one's own anti-army Noble Phantasms or in dealing with the opponent's anti-army Noble Phantasm.
* Riding
Talent in riding. As long as it is a beast, he can ride up to mythical/divine level beasts. This does not apply to dragon races.
* Divinity
Ramesses was considered the incarnation of the god Horus in life, and an incarnation of Osiris in death, as part of his reign amongst the stars... word has it his star may be already forming its own planetary system.

Noble Phantasms

~Royal Bow: Hailstorm of Arrows~
Type: Anti-Unit
Range: 3-40
Targets: 4
While mounted on his mighty chariot, Ramesses relied upon his trusted bow for ranged attacks, when the tide of the battle called upon the use of bow fire rather than melee combat. He can fire the bow normally at a single target, or rapid-fire at up to four targets with shots at rank D and with a reduced chance of hitting the targets in question.

~Khopesh: Scythe of Horus~
Type: Anti-Unit
Range: 1
Targets: 1
Ramesses' preferred melee weapon, used either on foot or while mounted, claimed the necks of countless enemies of the kingdom, and was notable for being the first such weapon used by a Pharaoh in combat. Despite this, it is not one of Ramesses' more powerful weapons, but enough to suffice if the need arises.

~Chariot of a Living God: Deliverer of Victory~
Type: Anti-Army
Range: 2-50
Targets: 100
A manifestation of the war chariot upon which the living Ramesses made war upon his enemies, the chariot is fast and powerful, pulled by two horse Phantasmic Beasts - named Victory in Thebes and Mut is Satisfied, after the steeds which bore his chariot at Qadesh, and guided by the will of the Egyptian gods. Two damage rolls, from the hooves of the two Phantasmic horses and the chariot's wheels, are made. In addition to the physical damage from both attacks, the chariot serves as a stable firing platform for Ramesses, allowing him to use his Royal Bow unhindered even at a galloping pace.

~Tablet of Qadesh: Eternal Treaty~
Type: Support
Range: N/A
Targets: N/A
One of the most renowned accomplishments of Ramesses' reign was the signing of the Eternal Treaty with the Hittite king Hattusili III, which turned two long-standing rivals into firm allies, and cemented Egypt's place as a dominant power in the Near East. Indeed, a copy of the Treaty can be found at the United Nations building in New York, where it still serves as an example of powers setting aside war and turning to diplomacy in its stead.
If Ramesses activates the Tablet while he and his Master form an alliance with another Master and Servant, the Tablet provides benefits to both parties for the duration of the accord. The Tablet records the name of the allied Servant, through causing a cartouche representing the Servant to magically appear upon its surface. It grants Independent Action rank A on Ramesses and the allied Servant, and both Ramesses and the allied Servant have one of either their Strength, Agility or Endurance stats (determined randomly) boosted by one level (C to B, B to A etc).
The accord must be re-affirmed at some stage within 72 hours, at which point it, and its abilities, are extended by a further 72 hours. If it is allowed to lapse, the name of the other Servant disappears from the tablet's surface, and the bonuses granted to both Ramesses and the other Servant are lost.
However, if either Ramesses or the allied Servant (or their respective Masters) break the alliance while the accord is still in effect, the tablet unleashes a powerful curse upon the offending party. The cursed Servant suffers a reduction of their stats by one rank for 72 hours after the contract is broken.
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Xamdou » October 23rd, 2008, 1:16 am

Wow , so detailed :o
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Nerroth » October 23rd, 2008, 1:18 am

I'm pretty sure I may have posted him (or rather, Him) in a thread here before - I was looking to see if anyone else here had done up a Servant, the way some have done over at Beast's Lair.

I'd love to use him in a story based on the Third Heaven's Feel, someday...
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Arteas » November 4th, 2008, 7:05 pm

Let's see there are several but I'd have to go with my favorite Lugh, he'd be either Lancer or Archer either would work find with me. He's Lancer's dad... do you need more cridentials? NP would be his sling and his spear probably. Though technically Lugh could be pretty much any class he's that Fragarach for a sword, his foster dad's water horse thing, he'd probably be weaker as a caster class, and probably wouldn't fit Assassin or Berserker
Arteas
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Undream » November 4th, 2008, 11:05 pm

Ill go with Thanatos too...
Im sure He will have some pretty awesome Noble Phantasms...
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode
Undream
Crack Addic!

Unread postby AlextheLazy » November 5th, 2008, 5:23 am

what about Balor the one-eyed Fomorii god of death and king who could kill just by looking at you
AlextheLazy
Might just like this board

Unread postby Tash » November 5th, 2008, 1:19 pm

AlinSabel wrote:The original symbol for the religion was the fish

Jesus could be a Rider!
Tash
Addict

Unread postby Undream » November 6th, 2008, 12:29 am

AlextheLazy wrote:what about Balor the one-eyed Fomorii god of death and king who could kill just by looking at you

Mystic Eyes Of Death Infliction? Way cool!!! :twisted: :twisted:
now, if only Shiki had those eyes...
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode
Undream
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Rikh » November 6th, 2008, 3:17 am

Undream wrote:
AlextheLazy wrote:what about Balor the one-eyed Fomorii god of death and king who could kill just by looking at you

Would be a nice match though...
It would be similar to the Ryougi Shiki vs Fujino fight, although more hardcore
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AlextheLazy » November 6th, 2008, 3:47 pm

Undream wrote:

who knows maybe in Nasuverse that's the origin of Shiki's eyes :lol:
AlextheLazy
Might just like this board

PreviousNext

Return to Fate/stay night Chat